Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Front Page
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sunmanken
What are some articles from the front page of Fighthype that you thought were spot on?

What are some you thought were complete bullshit?

The CEO
Let's put it this way...

There's always some bullshit....but there's noticeably LESS bullshit at FH than there is at other outlets or sites in the business...

I've also never seen 1 false scoop released...can't say that for the others...
Sunmanken
Interesting. Care to elaborate?

Like what articles would you say were bullshit ones? I have seen quite a few informative as hell articles but some are heavily biased.

I am just trying to get a feel for what goes through the average boxing fan's mind when reading some of those. I am willing to bet 10 will say a particular article was bullshit that a different 10 find praiseworthy. Social experiment.
The CEO
No...I don't care to elaborate on this particular topic....because I feel that "If you don't know, you don't know..."

I take it you visit other sites though, so how about you tell me...IF you feel like it ofcourse....who prints less bullshit and is less biased than FH?

Sunmanken
Seems like you take those articles personal. Unless you wrote all of the wack ones, I see no issue with simply being honest and saying "I found the article on (insert name) to be fascinating...while I thought the___article was shite". But if that makes you uncomfortable, I understand. Hopefully someone else will answer honestly.
The CEO
I'm checking your post history right now.......yep...pretty obvious, don't ya think?....you need to up your Troll Game...you'll last longer.
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 8 2011, 11:07 AM) *
I'm checking your post history right now.......yep...pretty obvious, don't ya think?....you need to up your Troll Game...you'll last longer.

lmfao! laugh.gif we need a rolling smiley on here!
The CEO
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 8 2011, 12:11 PM) *
lmfao! laugh.gif we need a rolling smiley on here!

"NOT IN OUR HOUSE!"

I will ban them where they sit, Cane...lol

Anyone else wanna take a shot at FH for its success?
Method
Its mostly interviews, no?
D-MARV
LOL...

CEO checked this dude real quick!
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 8 2011, 12:18 PM) *
"NOT IN OUR HOUSE!"

I will ban them where they sit, Cane...lol

Anyone else wanna take a shot at FH for its success?

Yeah! I do! I'm just kidding. It's obvious that you guys are highly regarded. The cheap haters are just looking for attention. Fight Hype is one of the best boxing sites on the web. If I do have a beef, it would be about merging my posts. I don't like that one bit. You guys are going to make me start topics on Boxing Scene. The other beef I have is the revised policy on the comment boards. I feel like we're being robbed of the satifaction to rub the nose of pactards, into the pile of shit. I'd like to be able to go on the offensive now that Mayweather's back. I really wanted to see what all of those clowns that said Floyd's afraid of this one and afraid of that one, had to say about Pacquiao getting called out. I wanted to ask them why were their big mouths so shut until a couple of days ago. But whatever. I do think that refusing to allow so much feedback (even if it's negative) may compromise the integrity of the site. It's called Fight Hype. The public are a huge part of the 'Hype' aspect. The 'Hype' is geared towards the purpose of getting the fans interested. The more people comment on the boards, the better. That's just my opinion. Great job though fellas. You're getting to the key players and asking the questions that everyone wants to know.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jul 8 2011, 11:39 AM) *
I'd like to be able to go on the offensive now that Mayweather's back. I really wanted to see what all of those clowns that said Floyd's afraid of this one and afraid of that one, had to say about Pacquiao getting called out.

I hope Mayweather and PAC never fight. Its all bullshit. I have been really tired of both guys giving us bullshit fightswhere the outcome is going to be totally obvious. The two biggest stars who have yet to fight very very best during there time. I do praise Mayweather for fighting Ortiz, it's a great fight and I think Ortiz is very very good, how good? We will find out soon enough. I think it's going to be a exciting fight. But quick question, now that Mayweather has a fight lined up and PAC is scheduled to fight Marquez why is Mayweather now so eager to call out Pacquiao. If he truly wanted a fight with PAC, he should have pushed for it and called him out right after the mosley-PAC sham of a fight. Why didnt he proclaim his passion then that he wanted PAC so bad? I just feel its an empty call out. Nevertheless I'm pumped about mayweather-Ortiz.
PColeman28
in my opinion i think he's just re-hyping the fight, and making us the fans more eager to see it..... i think it was rumored pac would fight mike jones next, so by calling him....theoretically should make pac and top rank slow down and reconsider having pac fight floyd... but idk i'm just guessing......it's whatever if it happens it happens i'm just ready to see this ortiz fight it sucks it's still like 2 months away
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Jul 8 2011, 12:53 PM) *
in my opinion i think he's just re-hyping the fight, and making us the fans more eager to see it..... i think it was rumored pac would fight mike jones next

Re-hyping? For what? It's not needed. The fans have been calling for this fight for the last 2-3 years now. If he was so interested in hyping the fight and making the fight, Call Pacquiao out and push for the fight after PAC fought sorry ass Mosley. That would have put major pressure on Pacquiao to agree to the test. In my eyes calling him out now that PAC's fighting Marquez and he's fighting Ortiz is very empty. BTY just like it was rumored that PAC might fight mike jones, well it was rumored that Mayweather wanted to fight shitty Spadafora. Anyways the mike jones- Pacquiao things is nothing just like Spadafora, but at least jones is a mandatory.
thehype
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jul 8 2011, 02:39 PM) *
I do think that refusing to allow so much feedback (even if it's negative) may compromise the integrity of the site.

We don't "refuse to allow so much feedback"...we're just directing people to a different place to post it. People can give as much feedback as you want here in the community. We simply don't have the staff to moderate comments on the front page, but we DO have the staff to moderate comments here in the community. If people feel that compelled to make a comment, we'd like to encourage them to register here and post away.

I do agree about the merging of topics though. I honestly could care less about multiple threads. That being said, I'm not the one who has to moderate all of that, so I leave that decision to our wonderful moderators.

gravytrain
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 8 2011, 04:29 PM) *
Re-hyping? For what? It's not needed. The fans have been calling for this fight for the last 2-3 years now. If he was so interested in hyping the fight and making the fight, Call Pacquiao out and push for the fight after PAC fought sorry ass Mosley. That would have put major pressure on Pacquiao to agree to the test. In my eyes calling him out now that PAC's fighting Marquez and he's fighting Ortiz is very empty. BTY just like it was rumored that PAC might fight mike jones, well it was rumored that Mayweather wanted to fight shitty Spadafora. Anyways the mike jones- Pacquiao things is nothing just like Spadafora, but at least jones is a mandatory.

if i was trying to make as much money as possible for a fight i would definitely use the rivalry to sell tickets. when Mayweather calls out Pac it doesn't matter if they fight, same goes for Pac. them talking about each other is guaranteed to be news on sports news sites like ESPN and Yahoo sports. that's a lot of people to reach out to just by making a comment on someone.
thehype
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 8 2011, 05:08 PM) *
if i was trying to make as much money as possible for a fight i would definitely use the rivalry to sell tickets. when Mayweather calls out Pac it doesn't matter if they fight, same goes for Pac. them talking about each other is guaranteed to be news on sports news sites like ESPN and Yahoo sports. that's a lot of people to reach out to just by making a comment on someone.

Speaking of, wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if Floyd and Manny were secretly working together and having a BIG LAUGH about all of this? LOL.

Can you picture that? Manny kickin' it at the Big Boy Mansion with Floyd just laughing their asses off while they're coming up with the master plan.

MP: Floyd...ummmmm....I'm going to....ummmmmm....beat the shit out of Marquez real quick and....ummmmmmm...collect that check. Who do you got next?

FM: You know how I do Manny. Like I said before, you've been hogging all the Mexicans, so I think I'm gonna give my Mexican fans something to cheer about and beat the shit out of that De La Hoya wannabe Victor Ortiz.

MP: Ummmmmmm...don't beat him too bad. I...ummmmmm....want to get that payday off of him after you get done with him.

FM: You know I gotcha. After that, I was thinking about giving my UK fans something to cheer about. Whatch think of Amir Khan?

MP: Oh, yeah...ummmmmm....he's pretty easy actually. I dropped him...ummmmmm....a couple of times in sparring. I had to promise Freddie though that...ummmmmmmm....I wouldn't ruin him.

FM: Oh, don't you worry about that. Like I said before, I gotcha. I'ma tear that ass off the frame (laughing).

MP: (Laughing)
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 8 2011, 02:08 PM) *

I agree, Mayweather calling out Pacquiao is just his way to selling more tickets for his fight with Ortiz and making the news. What I'm saying is him calling out Pacquiao and saying he wants to fight him is just bogus especially now that he has a fight with Ortiz lined up and Pacquiao has Marquez next. If he was truly genuine in wanting to make the Pacquiao fight happen he should have been pushing for it right after the PAC- mosley fight. But yea mayweather calling Pacquiao out now is just his ploy to sell more tickets to his fight with Ortiz.
thehype
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 8 2011, 05:23 PM) *
I agree, Mayweather calling out Pacquiao is just his way to selling more tickets for his fight with Ortiz and making the news. What I'm saying is him calling out Pacquiao and saying he wants to fight him is just bogus especially now that he has a fight with Ortiz lined up and Pacquiao has Marquez next. If he was truly genuine in wanting to make the Pacquiao fight happen he should have been pushing for it right after the PAC- mosley fight. But yea mayweather calling Pacquiao out now is just his ploy to sell more tickets to his fight with Ortiz.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bob Arum already negotiating with Juan Manuel Marquez BEFORE the Mosley fight even took place?

dntknw.gif

I'm just sayin.
gravytrain
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 05:21 PM) *
Speaking of, wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if Floyd and Manny were secretly working together and having a BIG LAUGH about all of this? LOL.

Can you picture that? Manny kickin' it at the Big Boy Mansion with Floyd just laughing their asses off while they're coming up with the master plan.

MP: Floyd...ummmmm....I'm going to....ummmmmm....beat the shit out of Marquez real quick and....ummmmmmm...collect that check. Who do you got next?

FM: You know how I do Manny. Like I said before, you've been hogging all the Mexicans, so I think I'm gonna give my Mexican fans something to cheer about and beat the shit out of that De La Hoya wannabe Victor Ortiz.

MP: Ummmmmmm...don't beat him too bad. I...ummmmmm....want to get that payday off of him after you get done with him.

FM: You know I gotcha. After that, I was thinking about giving my UK fans something to cheer about. Whatch think of Amir Khan?

MP: Oh, yeah...ummmmmm....he's pretty easy actually. I dropped him...ummmmmm....a couple of times in sparring. I had to promise Freddie though that...ummmmmmmm....I wouldn't ruin him.

FM: Oh, don't you worry about that. Like I said before, I gotcha. I'ma tear that ass off the frame (laughing).

MP: (Laughing)

i wish they would hit eachother up on the phone like Frazier and Ali did. that would be prime time entertainment.

FM: how.. how how you goin' go from that low weight and getting knocked out and walking through punches at 154?

MP:uhhh.. uh you've to talk to my promoter Bob Arum

FM: you taking the tests?

MP: grin.gif

QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 8 2011, 05:23 PM) *

it's bogus but Mayweather and Pac are just playing the game right now. one time on here Hype said "if you want to know what's going to happen in boxing, think like a promoter". doing that can give you a lot of insight into what's going on with this.

i'm not trying to say Pac is scared but Arum did hold off on the Mayweather fight and for good reason. since Pac started moving up to right now his guaranteed purse has probably gone up 10 million dollars, the fight with Mayweather is worth more, he's made fighters leave promoters to fight Pac and he's had Pac in the ring with his fighters getting him 30% of 2 different checks. Bob Arum has done good for himself by keeping Pac active and something would have to give if Pac lost to Mayweather, i think he would retire or be making less.

same thing with Mayweather. i don't think he's scared, he's letting the fight marinade. if he doesn't fight Pac he can fight someone and make 30-40 million dollars a fight. then on top of that the interest for the fight keeps growing and bigger numbers keep getting thrown at him and Pac for the fight. there are reports of an offer for a 75 million dollar guarantee for the fight now, that's almost double what Mayweather was going to get originally. what did he do to get it? fight lesser opponents and make 40 million. doesn't sound like a bad gig to me.

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 05:58 PM) *
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bob Arum already negotiating with Juan Manuel Marquez BEFORE the Mosley fight even took place?

dntknw.gif

I'm just sayin.

how can you doubt the man? back when the Money Time clock was up and Mayweather had an exclusivity period Arum already had cats talking to Cotto and Margarito. lol
Fitz
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 9 2011, 07:02 AM) *
We don't "refuse to allow so much feedback"...we're just directing people to a different place to post it. People can give as much feedback as you want here in the community. We simply don't have the staff to moderate comments on the front page, but we DO have the staff to moderate comments here in the community. If people feel that compelled to make a comment, we'd like to encourage them to register here and post away.

I do agree about the merging of topics though. I honestly could care less about multiple threads. That being said, I'm not the one who has to moderate all of that, so I leave that decision to our wonderful moderators.

This thread has indicated otherwise, as this guy got banned from this thread, I'm assuming. (not suggesting you were the cause, but just saying).

This is every single one of this guys posts

He didn't look like a troll either based on his post 'history'.

Fitz
For the record, I think the content I have seen on this site is pretty spot on. I don't believe I have come across bullshit. The worst I could say is that some interviews don't seem a little relaxed or not that challenging for the fighter. But that's just the nature of the interview, and doesn't make it bullshit either.
I have seen articles from here being linked on other sites a bit more than I used to, so things must be going pretty well also. So Ben has done a pretty good job with this site, considering from where he started, so good work to Ben and building this site up.

I suppose I just like the idea of people being able to be able to speak freely, without trolling or being straight out disrespectful which I didn't think this guy was doing. I much rather see people put out their opinions rather than being 'ban' happy, which this site has been accused of doing at times.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 02:58 PM) *

dntknw.gif

I'm just sayin.

I don't know, you are the man with all this inside info. Even if Arum was in negotiation, if Floyd really wanted this fight so bad he would have made a push for it after that fight. Especially after the fight since PAC- Mosley was a real sham of a fight. Pacquiao took tons of heat for that fight and if Floyd would have been barking and being serious about fighting Pacquiao next the ball would have been in his court. I think he would have got the testing he wanted. To me it's a really weak move to start calling out a person and saying how bad you want him when you just signed to fight someone else. Do the calling out when schedules are clear and neither man has an opponent signed.
The CEO
So what is it, Fitz...are you trying to charge me up, stir shit up, or just playin' dumb?...

I'm not gonna seperate and point out a disposable, FH hating troll's posts and make you look bad if that's what you want...lol

It was obvious he wasn't here for the right reasons and was up to no good...and like they say in America...."Love it or leave it!".

and what this about us being ban happy?...other than sale spammers, Jack rarely bans anyone...I've directly banned like 3 dudes since I became a mod 2 years ago...JD has maybe banned 1 guy in 2 years...BigG, Black, others...I don't think I've seen them ban anyone at all...

Not getting YOU at all here...

Anyway...I saw where Hype said he doesn't like the merging of threads, and that's fine by me...maybe it NEEDS to be The Wild, Wild West up in here again...lol...maybe the few active mods that come around need to get together and get on the same page...

but let it be known...as ALWAYS....we're gonna handle trolling/flaming, unwarranted namecalling to posters, disrespect to the site/staff, hard racism, spoiling...Hell...it's all in the Rules Thread stickied above...
Fitz
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 9 2011, 10:47 AM) *
So what is it, Fitz...are you trying to charge me up, stir shit up, or just playin' dumb?...

No, no and no. Though if you're charged up, they weren't my intentions, though it wouldn't surprise me if it did charge you up though. But no to all of that.

I'm not gonna seperate and point out a disposable, FH hating troll's posts and make you look bad if that's what you want...lol

Just saying, I looked at his post history, and he had one questionable post prior to this, and that was asking if people weren't allowed to diss Mayweather in the comments section, because that has now been disabled. Maybe not the best way to join. But hype already said he welcomes this type of feedback on here. But anyways since then.....he has posted in these threads, and discussed the topic at hand, unlike so many of the other real trolls out there.

• What are the top 5 Boxing robberies? Your top 5 picks
  • Has anyone read Sugar Ray Leonard's book?
  • Is Floyd in the Top-Ten Best P4P of All-Time?
  • Floyd's Behavior at the Press Conference
  • Haye/Klitschko has similarities to Clay/Liston
  • Are fights still fixed
  • Poll: What's your favourite one sided beatings?
  • Should Larry Merchant Be FIRED?

You may deem that a troll, I actually think a worse offence are the guys that join, talk nothing but Mayweather-Pacquiao, make threads that are not needed, even after mods have warned users about making threads there are already several threads where it can be discussed.

and what this about us being ban happy?...other than sale spammers, Jack rarely bans anyone...I've directly banned like 3 dudes since I became a mod 2 years ago...JD has maybe banned 1 guy in 2 years...BigG, Black, others...I don't think I've seen them ban anyone at all...

I have no idea who bans who, and maybe my wording wasn't the best, maybe not "ban happy" as you're right, people aren't banned all the time. Maybe that some have been banned for things that seem small. This has actually been mentioned a couple of times from other posters in the past. But apologies on the "ban happy" comment, that was off.

Anyway...I saw where Hype said he doesn't like the merging of threads, and that's fine by me...maybe it NEEDS to be The Wild, Wild West up in here again...lol...maybe the few active mods that come around need to get together and get on the same page...

but let it be known...as ALWAYS....we're gonna handle trolling/flaming, unwarranted namecalling to posters, disrespect to the site/staff, hard racism, spoiling...Hell...it's all in the Rules Thread stickied above...

That's fair enough, I suppose I always just liked the idea of free speech, and discussion rather than banning. He asked a question that could have easily been answered, lol. There has been worse posts than this.

Though I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I was just saying. I already spent too much time on that guy anyways, so I will leave it, lol.

The CEO
Alright then...I just don't understand why you felt the need to address it in the first place....so I'll just leave it at this...

It was obvious he wasn't here for the right reasons and was up to no good...and like they say in America...."Love it or leave it!".
Jack 1000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 8 2011, 07:47 PM) *

Just to add my to cents,

Except for overt trolls who post spam or links to dangerous sites, our staff will almost never ban. Now, if you have been told time and time and time again to stop doing something that violates our rules and guidelines we will ban. But this community is very respected, professional, and dedicated. However, overt defiance by our members has never really been a problem except in maybe one or two instances in isolated cases years ago In the ten years that I have been here (or more) since being a mod and later an admin, I think that, not counting trolls, I have banned between 5-10 people. And this is after repeated warnings.

Given the respect and dedication that our community has for each other, there are no surprises here (or shouldn't be.) Any bad apples here are very few and far between. If they are here, the negativity will be sensed by the community, and there is generally a collective consensus that something is not right, long before we come in and have to ban or suspend anybody. I'd rather work to solve the concerns to help people and encourage others to join the community. We don't want to be power hungry, and I hope people don't think we are. That's not our intention.

The merging of threads we try to keep to a minimum, but will use this sometimes when two of the exact same topics are created. When a topic is merged, it is simply to make the threads easier to manage so that our users can follow the discussions in a logical and coherent way. Like a story, in rare cases when when we merge, the older threads always appear at the top and the newer threads near the bottom. Users have the right to know when a topic is merged, so we indicate that with a "Topics Merged" in the merged threads. This is only used to make the threads easier to manage and follow.

Our On-Going Round by Round/Spoiler Threads system has been used since 2003 or 2004 at community request. This is one of our most popular forum features allowing us to communicate with the on-going fights in real time. Since our research shows that over 60% of people record their boxing shows for later, and as a common courtesy to all, we do insist that spoilers stay inside the pinned up threads provided for them, or that users write the word "SPOILER" in a thread's title, keeping the results inside. We want people to be able to visit the forums, without fear of having results "spoiled" out in the open about a match for people have have recorded the shows and want to watch with family and friends later.

I believe that we have survived all these years because of dedication, community input, and respect for each other and the site. Thanks so much for allowing us to serve you!

Regards,

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.