Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT): Williams vs. Lara-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 10 2011, 12:22 AM) *
That was a scary beating we just witnessed. This will go down in History as one of the worst robberies. This is definitely the worst I have ever seen.

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 12:23 AM) *
i don't know about all that, Williams got dominated. i don't see how anyone could have had it with Williams up by even 1 round unless they handed a card to his trainer and asked him to score the fight. i think his trainer would have even had him losing.

Lara definitely hands down won! I know that, and we all know. I am just curious how ALL 3 judges had it kind of close and for Paul. Usually robberies do not work that way.
Snoop
Williams talking about doing a trilogy with Martinez? LMAO. He's asking to be KO'd again if he really doesn't think he needs to make any adjustments.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 9 2011, 09:19 PM) *
MAYBE...just maybe we were too influenced by HBO's commentating? I mean I obviously had Lara winning, but PW did throw a shit load of punches and Lara did not. AND PW was always moving forward and Lara was running/boxing. I KNOW Lara was landing the real effective punches, just wondering maybe what the judges were watching. They did actually all have it close. Also Lara dominated later rounds for sure but maybe a lot of the earlier closer rounds all went to Paul. dntknw.gif

I was in the library at studying/watching this on a live stream so i watched it with minimal volume. I watchd the first 8-9 rounds with zero volume and I still think Williams got whooped for most of the fight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 10 2011, 12:31 AM) *
I was in the library at studying/watching this on a live stream so i watched it with minimal volume. I watchd the first 8-9 rounds with zero volume and I still think Williams got whooped for most of the fight.

See that's some cool insight on the fight. Seriously...thanks for sharing.
BGv2.0
Well...looks like I am about the ONLY person that does not have a MAJOR issue with this call.

I myself thought the PERFECT call was the 114-114.

I did not at all agree with Lederman's card or it appears most people's. I know that Lara landed the harder telling blows, but Pauls constant work rate and forward movement (yes I know it has to be effective aggression)...and I thought to a degree it was, Lara was not grabbing and holding for no reason.

So i did not see the clear highway robbery that most seem to have saw. Do I think Paule Williams deserved the W....no, not at all....BUT....do I think Lara did...again...no. That is why I felt the 114-114 card was the perfect call.

So although I don't agree 100% with the call....I do not feel it was so wide that it was a robbery....no way.

AND...those that watched it with me felt the same.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I watched the fight while listening to Tech's latest CD, and didn't hear HBO's commentating. I saw maybe rounds 4 and 5 that could have gone to Williams. Yes, Williams threw a lot of punches, but not many of them landed. Not many landed cleanly at least. Lara looked like a prime Casamayor in there, and boxed great. This dude is the real deal, and from rounds 6-12 gave P-Will a beating. I see four rounds at best for Williams, as this was a robbery in every sense of the word.

Also, I don't think this shows that Martinez ruined Williams. Lara is a solid boxer and styles make fights. As mentioned, Lara's style is all wrong for Williams. Lara could do big things in this sport, or have a career like Joel Casamayor at the very least (which is damn good). Tough break for Lara, as he could have gotten the winner of Wolak-Rodriguez, Molina rematch on a bigger scale, and an outside shot at the winner of Margarito-Cotto. Tough break for the kid, but he'll go on to have a solid career.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 10 2011, 12:36 AM) *
Well...looks like I am about the ONLY person that does not have a MAJOR issue with this call.

I did not at all agree with Lederman's card or it appears most people's. I know that Lara landed the harder telling blows, but Pauls constant work rate and forward movement (yes I know it has to be effective aggression)...and I thought to a degree it was, Lara was not grabbing and holding for no reason.

So i did not see the clear highway robbery that most seem to have saw. Do I think Paule Williams deserved the W....no, not at all....BUT....do I think Lara did...again...no. That is why I felt the 114-114 card was the perfect call.

So although I don't agree 100% with the call....I do not feel it was so wide that it was a robbery....no way.

WTF are you doing here? These were not heavyweights. laugh.gif

Cshel86
Max Kellerman: ..."why was he able to hit you with that shot so easily"?

Paul Williams: Because know what Im sayin', I was bein' lazy in there, you know, I thank if I would've picked it more and be more fresher know what Im sayin', but, I was just bein' lazy but no excuses, know what Im sayin' he was landin' that punch, know what Im sayin, so. I take my hat off to him, he keep landin' it".

Max Kellerman: "So we're going to Paul Williams again, no changes, just more of the same, but even harder"?

Paul Williams: "You, you, you said it better than I can say it".

OMG!!! I was in here dying of laughter! Every time I hear this dude talk, I just laugh my ass off! Fresher?! I was no good after I heard him say that! Lol!
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 10 2011, 12:29 AM) *
Lara definitely hands down won! I know that, and we all know. I am just curious how ALL 3 judges had it kind of close and for Paul. Usually robberies do not work that way.

free tickets to the Hall for life?
D-MARV
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 10 2011, 12:36 AM) *

I don't know what to tell you bruh...

I need some of that shit you smoking! I couldn't find 4 rounds to give PWill. That was a savage beating that should have been stopped in the 11th.
gravytrain
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 10 2011, 12:42 AM) *
Max Kellerman: ..."why was he able to hit you with that shot so easily"?

Paul Williams: Because know what Im sayin', I was bein' lazy in there, you know, I thank if I would've picked it more and be more fresher know what Im sayin', but, I was just bein' lazy but no excuses, know what Im sayin' he was landin' that punch, know what Im sayin, so. I take my hat off to him, he keep landin' it".

Max Kellerman: "So we're going to Paul Williams again, no changes, just more of the same, but even harder"?

Paul Williams: "You, you, you said it better than I can say it".

OMG!!! I was in here dying of laughter! Every time I hear this dude talk, I just laugh my ass off! Fresher?! I was no good after I heard him say that! Lol!

his country ass is so delusional.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 9 2011, 09:34 PM) *
See that's some cool insight on the fight. Seriously...thanks for sharing.

hey you're the guy that asked if maybe we were too favorabl to Lara cus of the commentating. I was jus saying I watched without commentary and I still saw it as a Lara whooping throughout so no the commentary did nothing. Judges sucked
D-MARV
There was NOTHING close about this fight!

Lara almost killed him... literally.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 10 2011, 12:42 AM) *
I don't know what to tell you bruh...

I need some of that shit you smoking! I couldn't find 4 rounds to give PWill. That was a savage beating that should have been stopped in the 11th.

DMARV... personally I do not think it should have been stopped. And sure Lara was dominant, but IMHO it was far from a "savage beating". Lara landed some nice hard lefts. But that was it. PW never really was close to going down or really on queer street. We have all seen savage beatings before, and I do not think this was one of them. Just my take.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 10 2011, 12:47 AM) *
hey you're the guy that asked if maybe we were too favorabl to Lara cus of the commentating. I was jus saying I watched without commentary and I still saw it as a Lara whooping throughout so no the commentary did nothing. Judges sucked

Hahaha. Mexi. Man I was being serious !!! NOT sarcastic in my post. I truly thought it was cool you watched it without commentating and you gave us your take on the fight. Sorry you took my comment the wrong way.
gravytrain
i could see a stoppage. not because Williams was beaten to a pulp but because Lara was well ahead and Williams wasn't going to comeback. with all the shots he's taking it would have been kind of pointless to let it go. if it got stopped he wouldn't have got the lucky decision though lol.

mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 9 2011, 09:51 PM) *
Hahaha. Mexi. Man I was being serious !!! NOT sarcastic in my post. I truly thought it was cool you watched it without commentating and you gave us your take on the fight. Sorry you took my comment the wrong way.

hahah my bad if that was the case, it can be hard to tell wen someone is being sarcastic over the internet. Didn't mean to come off as super defensive lol
Prov0
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 10 2011, 12:48 AM) *
There was NOTHING close about this fight!

Lara almost killed him... literally.

Im with u on that! I was shocked this fight didnt get stoped.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 10 2011, 12:49 AM) *
DMARV... personally I do not think it should have been stopped. And sure Lara was dominant, but IMHO it was far from a "savage beating". Lara landed some nice hard lefts. But that was it. PW never really was close to going down or really on queer street. We have all seen savage beatings before, and I do not think this was one of them. Just my take.

I just don't know what to say... I'm not sure what fight people were watching... BUt Roy Jones sounded like he was on the verge of tears during the 11th round. I was sitting in my chair begging for this fight to be stopped. That was a brutal beating! Plain and Simple. PWill was rocked on numerous occasions and his knees buckled quite a bit. This is really not up for debate... This was a terrible beating and hopefully PWiil rides off in the sunset.
alaganza
I take my hat off to paul for taking such a tough fight in the comeback. But that is about all the credit I can give him for this fight. The fight wasn't close. I don't have a problem with Paul. He didn't judge the fight. I just hope when Paul watches the tape of the fight he decides to call it a career.
Spyder
PWill will get destroyed if he comes back.
Hotsauce
Al Haymon is that dude.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 9 2011, 11:59 PM) *
This is really not up for debate... This was a terrible beating .

Sure it is....because I think it's absolute HORSESHIT for anybody to think that fight needed to be stopped.

OK...so I can see people thinking Williams did not deserve the W....as I said before I thought the fight was a draw so I don't have any problem with people thinking Paul should have lost....

BUT...being stopped.....

HELL NO!

This is F'N boxing man....if you can eat a punch for 12 rounds and not go down and still return fire...there is no reason to stop it. Maybe I come from the Smoger school of boxing....but I cannot see stopping that fight in ANY WAY. I thought RJJ was F'N nuts for even suggesting such a thing.

Williams won that 12th round IMO...anybody on death's door the way some of you make it out to be would not have been able to do so.

The whole lot of you need to pour the sand out of your vaginas! Because if that was your idea of a fight that needed to be stopped....I've got a pretty pink pair of "princess" panties for you to cover that gaping hole where your nads used to be!
SENTRAL
Lets be honest here because the judges obviously couldn't be. I'd be hard pushed to give Williams 4 rounds, maybe a couple even but Lara won this fight hands down.  Williams gets the decision because he walked forward?  Because he threw more punches?  Seriously this was one of the worst decisions I've seen for a long time.  When the first judges card came in I thought, OK, the other two will straighten this out but no, once again a decision is given to the losing fighter, clearly.  You don't have to be clever or smart to score this fight, it wasn't a hard one to score and the winner lost the fight.  Unbelievable really, quite sickening and totally depressing how a result can leave such a disgusting taste in the mouth.  The foul stench of corruption rears it's ugly head again.  Williams knew he lost the fight, his body language was enough to convince a viewer who only saw the decision being announced.  Roy Jones calling for Williams to retire, saying he's taking too many shots.  Oh Roy, please take heed of your own advice!
STEVENSKI
Perhaps Williams needs another trip to the woodshed by his old man Martinez?
Fitz
Williams is p4p #1 the dumbest fighter I have seen for a while, so, so dumb. I haven't even seen this fight, but sounds like he hasn't changed his style one bit. Has a great mentality in that he takes the fights of a champion, but fights very stupid.

I said a while ago that this is a bad match up for Williams, so I'm not surprised. Though from the sounds of it, the scorecards were an absolute crock of shit.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 9 2011, 11:39 PM) *
Sure it is....because I think it's absolute HORSESHIT for anybody to think that fight needed to be stopped.

OK...so I can see people thinking Williams did not deserve the W....as I said before I thought the fight was a draw so I don't have any problem with people thinking Paul should have lost....

BUT...being stopped.....

HELL NO!

This is F'N boxing man....if you can eat a punch for 12 rounds and not go down and still return fire...there is no reason to stop it.
Maybe I come from the Smoger school of boxing....but I cannot see stopping that fight in ANY WAY. I thought RJJ was F'N nuts for even suggesting such a thing.

Williams won that 12th round IMO...anybody on death's door the way some of you make it out to be would not have been able to do so.

The whole lot of you need to pour the sand out of your vaginas! Because if that was your idea of a fight that needed to be stopped....I've got a pretty pink pair of "princess" panties for you to cover that gaping hole where your nads used to be!

Tell that to the families of the boxers who've lost their lives in the ring or suffered permanent brain damage.

Just because a fighter can stand on his feet and take clean punch after clean punch in the head and not go down (ie: Katsidis vs. JMM) is no indication that a fight shuold continue. Entertainment should never come before health, ESPECIALLY in a sport like boxing whre tragic events happen far too often. With that being said, I don't disagree with the figt not being stopped, but at the same time I wouldn't have been against a stoppage in the championship rounds. WIlliams was losing badly and taking far to much punishment and imo, he wasn't even all that competitive towards the end
BigG
Round 1: Lara
Round 2: Lara
Round 3: Lara
Round 4: Williams
Round 5: Lara
Round 6: Lara (Close)
Round 7: Lara
Round 8: Williams
Round 9: Lara
Round 10: Lara
Round 11: Lara
Round 12: Lara

This was a total robbery. Williams did not win more than 3 rounds.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 10 2011, 08:20 AM) *
Williams is p4p #1 the dumbest fighter I have seen for a while, so, so dumb. I haven't even seen this fight, but sounds like he hasn't changed his style one bit. Has a great mentality in that he takes the fights of a champion, but fights very stupid.

I said a while ago that this is a bad match up for Williams, so I'm not surprised. Though from the sounds of it, the scorecards were an absolute crock of shit.

I was absolutely SHOCKED when he said he wasn't going to change anything if he faces Martinez again. He's fucking delusional.
JLUVBABY
my 2 cents on the fight is williams won no more than 2 rounds... 3 at best and he took such a savage beating there is no way he will ever be the williams of old that we remember... with that being said how in the hell those judges scored that fight the way they did points to only one thing.. the sports needs to be better regulated state by state... no other conclusion to come to... those judges had to have been paid off to score that fight for williams.... i feel very bad for lara (i picked him to win by the way)... only thing i can see is the powers that be over that fight card are saving williams for some superstar to add his head to their resume and a loss last night would destroy that gate... well whom ever williams fight next if they are of any caliber williams will be knocked out... last night took what ever fight he had left out of him... if it is martinez i hope they have the ambulance waiting ringside with the motor running cuzz he will need it...
JLUVBABY
let me add too it's decisions like this that turn people away from the sport... nothing worse than watching the underdog come in and fight his heart out only to get robbed...
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 10 2011, 03:20 AM) *

He thinks the answer is to bring more pressure, lolz...he is an easy target for a lefthand and he doesn't even move side to side and really, move to his left. Maravilla well kill him if they fight again. I would have liked to see Lara sit on his punches more, this is a perfect example of why going for the KO pays off! Pitiful from top to bottom!
D-MARV
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 10 2011, 02:39 AM) *

BUT...being stopped.....

HELL NO!

This is F'N boxing man....if you can eat a punch for 12 rounds and not go down and still return fire...there is no reason to stop it. Maybe I come from the Smoger school of boxing....but I cannot see stopping that fight in ANY WAY. I thought RJJ was F'N nuts for even suggesting such a thing.

Fuck You and what the fuck are you doing with "pretty pink princess panties" in the first place?

The fact that you scored this fight a draw shows that you didn't really watch this fight so I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this one. I'll just leave it at this... Williams will probably be permanently damaged from this fight. There is no fucking reason for someone to sit there and take flush power shots for 12 rounds. These fighters have families... PWIll has 3 kids he has to go home too and Those are the type of beatings that leave fighters in the hospital.

Don't give me this caveman tough guy talk either... There's nothing wrong with a good fight where both guys are competitive. But when one guy is just getting pummeled and not returning anything significant, the fight should be stopped.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 08:58 AM) *
He thinks the answer is to bring more pressure, lolz...he is an easy target for a lefthand and he doesn't even move side to side and really, move to his left. Maravilla well kill him if they fight again. I would have liked to see Lara sit on his punches more, this is a perfect example of why going for the KO pays off! Pitiful from top to bottom!

the guy is just stupid. if he gets caught with lefts all night he does nothing to prevent it, doesn't use any of his advantages, wont make any adjustments in or outside of the ring and he's really just going to keep on doing the same shit. it would be like the if someone shut down the Titans running game and they just kept handing it off to Johnson. then after they lose the game they say "sometimes you lose some, that's just the way it's. we don't need to adjust our play calling".

Bropho
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 10 2011, 03:27 AM) *
Tell that to the families of the boxers who've lost their lives in the ring or suffered permanent brain damage.

Just because a fighter can stand on his feet and take clean punch after clean punch in the head and not go down (ie: Katsidis vs. JMM) is no indication that a fight shuold continue. Entertainment should never come before health, ESPECIALLY in a sport like boxing whre tragic events happen far too often.

FUCK that sent a chill up my spine, I grew up on the same street as Katsidis and never even knew, did he actually pass away or does he have brain damage?
caneman
QUOTE (Bropho @ Jul 10 2011, 10:08 AM) *
FUCK that sent a chill up my spine, I grew up on the same street as Katsidis and never even knew, did he actually pass away or does he have brain damage?

He is still fighting, I guess the jury is still out on the brain damage! He takes a lot of punishment though.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 10 2011, 03:27 AM) *
Just because a fighter can stand on his feet and take clean punch after clean punch in the head and not go down (ie: Katsidis vs. JMM) is no indication that a fight shuold continue.

I don't disagree with the figt not being stopped, but at the same time I wouldn't have been against a stoppage in the championship rounds.

WIlliams was losing badly and taking far to much punishment and imo, he wasn't even all that competitive towards the end

Wait....that is an over simplification of what took place....he was not simply taking punches and not going down....he was returning fire. Now...sure not all of his return punches were landing, but that is not the point...the point is, he was fighting back.

We all are clear on the rules, if a fighter is able to defend himself he can continue...as in continue to throw...not always land. And if you don't disagree....what are you arguing this point with me for? I'm not talking about JMM/Kat....or any other fight where a guy took punishment....I'm talking about this particular fight.

and how can you say he was not competitive....he won the 12th....and that's not just my opinion alone....even Lederman had him winning that last round.

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 10 2011, 08:00 AM) *
Fuck You and what the fuck are you doing with "pretty pink princess panties" in the first place?

The fact that you scored this fight a draw shows that you didn't really watch this fight so I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this one. I'll just leave it at this... Williams will probably be permanently damaged from this fight. There is no fucking reason for someone to sit there and take flush power shots for 12 rounds. These fighters have families... PWIll has 3 kids he has to go home too and Those are the type of beatings that leave fighters in the hospital.

Don't give me this caveman tough guy talk either... There's nothing wrong with a good fight where both guys are competitive. But when one guy is just getting pummeled and not returning anything significant, the fight should be stopped.

Fuck me....for having an opposing opinion?

You have not a clue....I watched every minute of every round with not one single channel switch. And although I'm sure we all thank you for your diagnosis Dr. D-Marv....you really cannot say for sure that Williams will have any lasting problems from last nights fight.

Sure they have families....just as Football players do, MMA fighters do....it's a physical contact sport, every guy knows the risk he takes to step into that ring.

AND...it has zero to do with caveman mentality.

The FACTS are....I've got 1 ref, and 3 judges that must have seen the same fight I did.

And I say that with ZERO care for the fact that 99% of the posters on this board disagree....I've been a boxing fan for many, many years and I did not see this one-sided..."oh please stop before he gets killed"....massacre you all saw.

Your panties are waiting....shoot me a PM and give me your addy...I'll get them to you asap!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 10 2011, 08:30 AM) *
Wait....that is an over simplification of what took place....he was not simply taking punches and not going down....he was returning fire. Now...sure not all of his return punches were landing, but that is not the point...the point is, he was fighting back.

We all are clear on the rules, if a fighter is able to defend himself he can continue...as in continue to throw...not always land. And if you don't disagree....what are you arguing this point with me for? I'm not talking about JMM/Kat....or any other fight where a guy took punishment....I'm talking about this particular fight.

and how can you say he was not competitive....he won the 12th....and that's not just my opinion alone....even Lederman had him winning that last round.

You have not a clue....I watched every minute of every round with not one single channel switch. And although I'm sure we all thank you for your diagnosis Dr. D-Marv....you really cannot say for sure that Williams will have any lasting problems from last nights fight.

Sure they have families....just as Football players do, MMA fighters do....it's a physical contact sport, every guy knows the risk he takes to step into that ring.

The FACTS are....I've got 1 ref, and 3 judges that must have seen the same fight I did.

And I say that with ZERO care for the fact that 99% of the posters on this board disagree....I've been a boxing fan for many, many years and I did not see this one-sided..."oh please stop before he gets killed"....massacre you all saw.

Your panties are waiting....shoot me a PM and give me your addy...I'll get them to you asap!

Watching the fight with your pink panties pulled over your head, and the crotch covering your nose don't count. Take those silly motherfuckers off and watch it again. Your opinion is shit, and you know it.

PWill got his ass kicked last night. His corner knows he lost. He knows he lost. Everybody in that arena knows that he lost, including the corrupted skidmarks that judged this joke. And you know he got his ass beat.

I could give a fuck whether they should have stopped the fight or not. PWill and that clown in his corner would be hard pressed to find two brain cells betwixt them to put in danger.

I scored it 116-112, and that was fucking generous now that I re-watched this shit. PWill was on the verge of quitting in his corner. Motherfucker didn't land shit that meant shit.

Maybe you should take those pink panties that you enjoy having over your head while watching fights and go watch the amateurs. Your score card stinks worse than that skidmark you are sniffing.
caneman
fightnews has a poll asking who won? 86% said Lara, 7% said Williams and 7% said too close to call! Kinda reminded me of an online during Trinidad vs Hopkins where 10% had Tito winning after the 10 th round for some reason! lol!

BEARDO, WHERE YOU BEEN BRO? ARE YOU OK MAN?
gravytrain
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 10 2011, 11:30 AM) *

some judges thought RJJ lost in the Olympics too.

i didn't score the fight but it would be hard not to give most of the rounds to Lara. ring generalship, he landed the clean and bigger shots, defense and effective aggression. Williams just came forward and got tagged a lot. he landed shots but they weren't as big as Lara's and Lara consistently landed the clean shots. if it wasn't a decision as wide as some people had it Lara at the very least won 8-4.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 08:57 AM) *
fightnews has a poll asking who won? 86% said Lara, 7% said Williams and 7% said too close to call! Kinda reminded me of an online during Trinidad vs Hopkins where 10% had Tito winning after the 10 th round for some reason! lol!

I had to deal with some motherfuckers who thought they could steal from me because they live in Kamchatka. Now I got problems in Sinaloa and The Golden Shithole.

Just stopped at home to say hi to Mrs. Beardo and reload, and I have to witness that horrendous piece of shit decision. Boxing is honestly in deep trouble.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 10 2011, 11:15 AM) *
I had to deal with some motherfuckers who thought they could steal from me because they live in Kamchatka. Now I got problems in Sinaloa and The Golden Shithole.

Just stopped at home to say hi to Mrs. Beardo and reload, and I have to witness that horrendous piece of shit decision. Boxing is honestly in deep trouble.

OUCHHHHHHHHH! By the Sea of Okhotsk huh? Doesn't sound like a good place to fight over money! Goood luck bro...look out for #1 and don't step in #2!
Box in Hand
Just watched the fight again and Williams hasn't changed and isn't going to change and it is only a matter of time before he is sleep again on the mat. Also, I had Lara win by 10 rounds but his one mistake is he let Williams do all the stalking and pressuring. That is the only fathomable reason I could see for him losing but in all reality Williams got his shit busted.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 10:57 AM) *

No he's not ok....

He's pissed because I wore his mother's panties on my head while watching the Williams/lara fight last night. lol

Beardo...

I've already said I do not agree that Paul Williams should have gotten the W.....but for you to say..."you know he got his ass beat"....fuck you trying to force YOUR opinion on me.

AGAIN....I did not see it as the brutal beatdown most did.

I don't agree with the final call....but I can see the 114-114 OR the same scores reversed for Lara....either way it STILL would have denoted it being a CLOSE fight...

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 10 2011, 08:38 AM) *
No he's not ok....

He's pissed because I wore his mother's panties on my head while watching the Williams/lara fight last night. lol

Beardo...

I've already said I do not agree that Paul Williams should have gotten the W.....but for you to say..."you know he got his ass beat"....fuck you trying to force YOUR opinion on me.

AGAIN....I did not see it as the brutal beatdown most did.

I don't agree with the final call....but I can see the 114-114 OR the same scores reversed for Lara....either way it STILL would have denoted it being a CLOSE fight...

Wearin' panties of a woman who died in 1960, eh? You are one kinked up motherfucker. Explains your fucked up opinion.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 08:25 AM) *
OUCHHHHHHHHH! By the Sea of Okhotsk huh? Doesn't sound like a good place to fight over money! Goood luck bro...look out for #1 and don't step in #2!

I am getting a bit long in the tooth for this shit. But when I showed up in the flesh they went all ghost on me.

Sinaloa is a whole nother can. Hopefully, I'll make it back to The Golden Shitter in time for Zab v Amere Con.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 10 2011, 12:15 PM) *

Nah...same old shit. We have seen too many of these and nothing ever changes. We will continue to watch and then complain. The damn Rios-Antillion fight was an awesome slugfest for three rounds, while this fight was kind of boring, yet this thread has more than double the replies of the much better fight which we should be talking about. Yet we are here complaining and discussing this fight.

So basically it seems that controversy brings more focus on boxing. If Lara would have got the nod this thread would have been short and done with.

Also...you been back for a minute and... laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 10 2011, 08:56 AM) *
Nah...same old shit. We have seen too many of these and nothing ever changes. We will continue to watch and then complain. The damn Rios-Antillion fight was an awesome slugfest for three rounds, while this fight was kind of boring, yet this thread has more than double the replies of the much better fight which we should be talking about. Yet we are here complaining and discussing this fight.

So basically it seems that controversy brings more focus on boxing. If Lara would have got the nod this thread would have been short and done with.

Also...you been back for a minute and... laugh.gif

Yeah, LL, you're right about it being the "same old shit." But we have been fed shit pretty much on a weekly basis lately. It is almost like the mutants in charge of boxing don't want it to get too popular because their ingrown asses might lose some control.

This shit is bad, fucking rotten for boxing.
kidbazooka1
Unf*cking believable this One of the worst robberies in recent years.

Lara won that fight hands down those judges should be banned for life.
D-MARV
I have been on 4 different boards and nobody thought PWill won the fight. Only 2 or 3 guys thought it was remotely close. This was the worst verdict I have ever seen. This was worst than the Casey Anthony verdict.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.