Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT): Williams vs. Lara-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all on-going action and post-fight reaction to the Williams-Lara card tonight on HBO. Please keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
caneman
War PWill, I hope he isn't damaged goods! I think he is a class act!
zucrates
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 9 2011, 12:44 PM) *
War PWill, I hope he isn't damaged goods! I think he is a class act!

I feel ya on the damaged goods because he looked kind of spaced out at the weigh-in and Lara looked serious. I hope paul can pull it off too it looks like its going to be a bang! clapping.gif
mexi-cutioner
Can any of you fine, handsome gentlemen pm ur boy MEXI a live stream???
Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 10 2011, 02:43 AM) *
Can any of you fine, handsome gentlemen pm ur boy MEXI a live stream???

Ditto on the stream, minus the "fine, handsome gentlemen."
dhoward126
Covering the fight and undercard on my Twitter right now guys. DBHoward126 on Twitter. Thanks again and enjoy the fights.
The Original MrFactor
George Williams and Paul Williams are delusional if they doent see a reason to make adjustments. Good interview by Max... Williams has similar advantages to the Klitschkos, but he fights like Joe Frazier.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 9 2011, 11:09 PM) *
George Williams and Paul Williams are delusional if they doent see a reason to make adjustments. Good interview by Max... Williams has similar advantages to the Klitschkos, but he fights like Joe Frazier.

Williams always sounds so dumb in his interviews since Martinez had him sleeping with his eyes open. i don't know what it would take for him to change if that wouldn't.
D-MARV
Williams is done! Lara will KO him soon.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 9 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Williams is done! Lara will KO him soon.

PWill is a sucker for a lefthand! He is having a hard time!
Snoop
Damn. Paul needs to learn how to avoid a left hand. He's in trouble if Lara's stamina keeps up.
D-MARV
Not surprising at all... This was the WORST fucking fight they could have taken!

Lara is the real deal.
caneman
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 9 2011, 10:49 PM) *
Damn. Paul needs to learn how to avoid a left hand. He's in trouble if Lara's stamina keeps up.

Best case right now for Paul is to lose a UD and we know what the worse case is...it's not good taking that many clean lefthands!
caneman
Williams corner is awful and he now needs a KO to win and could get stopped AGAIN!
gravytrain
RJJ is trying to lecture on knowing when to call it quits in boxing lmao
Lil-lightsout
I feel bad for PW. Dude has got some serious heart. Still trying to the end.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 9 2011, 08:59 PM) *

hahaha i was thinking that. Jones needs to take a look at himself in the mirror b4 saying those things about Paul.

With that being said, I saw this coming and looks like i'll be winning some money off of this. Been big on Lara since 09, i just hope he doesn't permanently damage P.Will after tonight....
Snoop
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 03:59 AM) *

laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 9 2011, 11:59 PM) *

Tell me about it! Lmao! Im sure Roy will take another fight soon, smh.
Lil-lightsout
Definitely do not like Lara at all. Seems like a real dick. haha. Does not help is style reminds me of that fag Casamayor.
D-MARV
Alot of people won't give Lara his due because they will say that "Paul was shot" or "Martinez ruined him"... But I tell you, Lara is a beast!
D-MARV
WTF?

TERRIBLE FUCKING SCORES
D-MARV
THAT WAS THE WORST CARD I HAVE EVER SEEN
gravytrain
Lara got robbed
D-MARV
NO NO NO!!!!

THAT WAS THE WORST SCORE EVER!
zucrates
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 9 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Lara got robbed

Robbery to much money to pay out if Lara would have won. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CEO
What the fuck just happened....did that really happen?

I felt bad for Williams and wasn't really watching.....did they just score that for Lara?

HaydelHammer
I had lara 116 112 AT WORST.
Box in Hand
ROBBERY! And I see Williams has still not learned how to fight tall and behind his jab. He has been exposed and is nothing more than a B- fighter. The judges should be reduced to judging on ESPN and never on a cable network ever. 114-114??? Really in what world, Bizzaro land?
happygocampy
Great judges, perfect scoring.. no really. Awesome job judges, wtg. yeah. /sarcasm off
mexi-cutioner
Wtf. Boxing's fixed. One of the worst decisions I've had the misfortune to witness. Shit like this makes me lose faith in the sport. THe games fixed.
D-MARV
Im in SHOCK!

That was a horrific beating handed out by Lara. I was screaming at them to stop the fight!

D-MARV
WHOA...

The WORST fucking decision I have ever seen!
The CEO
I don't know what to say...trying to spin something good out of it.....maybe this will teach Boxing fans what a bonafide "robbery" is?
D-MARV
This is SAD!
gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 10 2011, 12:07 AM) *
Alot of people won't give Lara his due because they will say that "Paul was shot" or "Martinez ruined him"... But I tell you, Lara is a beast!

if Lara won by a couple rounds i wouldn't think so but dude dominated Williams. i want to see more from him but i really doubt he gets a rematch.

caneman
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jul 9 2011, 11:10 PM) *
I had lara 116 112 AT WORST.

That is about right 117-111 is probably more like it! Lara was robbed!
D-MARV
This is terrible.
BoxingFan86
After the Mayweather-Ortiz fight, I'm done watchin' the sport of boxin'. What a fuckin' disgrace.
mexi-cutioner
Boxing is fixed no fucking doubt about it
HaydelHammer
Time to go fishing paul. Thanks for the wars bruh.
Hotsauce
smh @ boxing
gravytrain
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 10 2011, 12:16 AM) *
Boxing is fixed no fucking doubt about it

i guess AC wants that Williams vs Martinez rubber match in a bad way. Williams is gonna get his ass kicked lol.
Lil-lightsout
MAYBE...just maybe we were too influenced by HBO's commentating? I mean I obviously had Lara winning, but PW did throw a shit load of punches and Lara did not. AND PW was always moving forward and Lara was running/boxing. I KNOW Lara was landing the real effective punches, just wondering maybe what the judges were watching. They did actually all have it close. Also Lara dominated later rounds for sure but maybe a lot of the earlier closer rounds all went to Paul. dntknw.gif
D-MARV
I don't think people realize what just happen.

Lara won 10 fucking rounds and he lost? WTF? He beat the life out of PWIll. I won't be shocked if PWill collapsed in the dressing room and fell into a coma. This was very bad for boxing!
The CEO
Black Eye #3230...and we'll keep watching......why?....because robberies are a part of Boxing, and we accept it.

or do we?

bad, BAD stuff there.......
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 10 2011, 12:19 AM) *
MAYBE...just maybe we were too influenced by HBO's commentating? I mean I obviously had Lara winning, but PW did throw a shit load of punches and Lara did not. AND PW was always moving forward and Lara was running/boxing. I KNOW Lara was landing the real effective punches, just wondering maybe what the judges were watching. They did actually all have it close. Also Lara dominated later rounds for sure but maybe a lot of the earlier closer rounds all went to Paul. dntknw.gif

That was a scary beating we just witnessed. This will go down in History as one of the worst robberies. This is definitely the worst I have ever seen.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 10 2011, 12:19 AM) *

i don't know about all that, Williams got dominated. i don't see how anyone could have had it with Williams up by even 1 round unless they handed a card to his trainer and asked him to score the fight. i think his trainer would have even had him losing.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 9 2011, 11:22 PM) *
That was a scary beating we just witnessed. This will go down in History as one of the worst robberies. This is definitely the worst I have ever seen.

And that is coming from one of his biggest fans...kinda tells you something!
Prov0
OMFG ! That was the Worst decision i have ever seen .Paul was getting his ass kicked .i was waiting for the corner to stop it.

Did u hear Paul after! "i know i won the Fight" LmAO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.