Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Rios vs. Antillon: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all the action and post fight reaction to the WBA Lightweight Championship fight tonight on Showtime. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'm actually pretty hyped for this fight, as I expect it to be an all-out war. Neither of these guys like each other, and both guys have fun styles. Antillon had a FOTY candidate with Soto and has been competitive in his title fights. Rios was being dominated by Acosta, but showed that heart to pull it out. This will be FOTY no doubt, and I give the edge to Rios. I think in those late rounds, he's going to outwork Antillon, and he'll have just a little more to take it. Both guys are going to land hellacious shots all night, and I wouldn't miss this fight.
D-MARV
Definitely a possible FOTY candidate but I have a little hunch that Rios will destroy Antillon within 5!
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 9 2011, 12:32 PM) *
Definitely a possible FOTY candidate but I have a little hunch that Rios will destroy Antillon within 5!

I think within 7 rounds but this is a nice fight...Haye and Wlad should watch it to see what a real fight looks like!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Shit, even if it is a 5th round TKO victory for Rios, Antillon will go down swinging. I think it will be a very close decision for Rios, as Antillon has held his own with top level fighters in the division. Soto didn't blow him out and neither did Acosta. I don't see why Rios is going to be different, but we'll see.
The CEO
This is the one right here....when I come back tonight, I'll be ready to watch a "2 go in. 1 comes out." scrap ...lol

I'll take Rios by stoppage too....maybe earlier than expected like MARV said...
mexi-cutioner
can someone PM me a stream for the fight? I live in Canada so yeah....nuff said lol
Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 10 2011, 02:44 AM) *
can someone PM me a stream for the fight? I live in Canada so yeah....nuff said lol

Ditto. A stream would be awesome.
Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 10 2011, 02:44 AM) *

And yes, Canada sucks.

D-MARV
Molina is beating the shit out of Cintron...

Everybody gave up on Lara after he fought to a Draw with this guy.... Molina looks to be a pretty good fighter.
The CEO
Molina is NOT layin' down for Cintron, and Cintron dont like it!..lol

Hurt Kermit pretty good in round 5...edge to Molina after 6...watching on TV so no stream from here tonight...sorry, guys...and you too, Mexi...lol
D-MARV
Molina can't miss with the right!
The CEO
Take your bonnet off and fight, Kermit!
The CEO
I got 20 sayin' Kermit holds back the tears until he's off camera tonight...got his ass WHOOPED...needs a KO to win...
D-MARV
Cintron got OWNED!

The CEO
Yeah...it might be all downhill for him after that one...he's been squeakin' by forever...
D-MARV
Yup. Cintron looked shot! The table must have really fucked him good.
Fitz
Was it a good and proper beat down guys? Was he dropped in the fight?
Fitz
I think Cintron beatings are good for the fans.
D-MARV
He wasn't dropped... Molina just made him his bitch. Busted him pretty good along with some rough tactics. It was a good beatdown!
The CEO
ooooooOOOOOO...HOT in the kitchen
D-MARV
BOOOOMMMM
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 9 2011, 11:23 PM) *
I think Cintron beatings are good for the fans.

the only reason i watched the fight was to see him get his ass kicked. i was hoping that Cintron would get retired the whole time too. the funny thing is they tried to make him sound like he was really injured when he fell from the ring after the Williams fight. the doctor himself came out and put that shit to rest when Cintron was blaming it on him.

i hope he quits getting fights or somebody does some Tyson highlight reel knockout on him.
D-MARV
Terrible STOPPAGE

FUCK THat REF
The CEO
Its OVER!....Rios is a MONSTER!

Knocked Antillon down twice in the 3rd, and the ref stops it after Urbano walks off on wobbly legs...great stoppage, great fight.

Antillon was outmatched and out of it, MARV....I think it was fine.
D-MARV
I thought it was a bad stoppage... I didn't know he knocked him down twice though... I have been flipping back and forth with the PWill fight. I'll take your word for it CEO.
caneman
BRUTAL TKO!
KookedKrack
Well there you have Rios vs. Pacman in 2013.
D-MARV
Did Arum really just say that that Rios was a future opponent for Pacquiao and that he's the only fighter that can match Pacquiao's speed?
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 10 2011, 03:39 AM) *
Did Arum really just say that that Rios was a future opponent for Pacquiao and that he's the only fighter that can match Pacquiao's speed?

LOL. He did indeed.
The CEO
The audacity of Arum to say that at this point in time...he's gotta be the biggest asshole in Boxing today.
gravytrain
at first i though Marv was messing around about it. Arum for real said Rios is a future opponent?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Definitely wasn't expecting that quick of a fight. I underestimated Rios' power, as he really put a beating on Antillon. Antillon made it a war, but he was outgunned. I actually thought he stunned Rios towards the end of the 2nd round, but Rios came out firing in the 3rd. I thought it was turning into a FOTY, but Rios keeps getting better. I don't think he'll fight Pac anytime soon, since he's only at 135 right now. Pac isn't going below 144, and I don't see Rios putting on that weight right now. Rios should look to fight Soto next to unify that division. If he clean out lightweight, then move up to 140.
mexi-cutioner
Post-fight interview with Antillon. I like the dude he's a class act, but judging by how badly he slurs his words at only 28 years old.. I think he should seriously consider calling it a career soon...those shots he was takin from Rios definitely didn't do him any favors either

kidbazooka1
Wow nice win by Rios he looked brutal tonight.

Antillon is a likebale guy with alot of heart but i agree he's slurring his words too much he needs to get out now.

As for Rios he is a freakin monster the kid can crack hard, has a ching and just keeps coming like Al said that will make him very tough to beat. I see Rios taeking over the LW division and reigning with iron fist now that Marquez might be headed out.

I think what Arum meant was that in two or three years once Manny starts declining Rios will be there to take him out and up his star statues.
The CEO
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 10 2011, 02:46 AM) *
Wow nice win by Rios he looked brutal tonight.

Antillon is a likebale guy with alot of heart but i agree he's slurring his words too much he needs to get out now.

As for Rios he is a freakin monster the kid can crack hard, has a ching and just keeps coming like Al said that will make him very tough to beat. I see Rios taeking over the LW division and reigning with iron fist now that Marquez might be headed out.

I think what Arum meant was that in two or three years once Manny starts declining Rios will be there to take him out and up his star statues.

That's probably what he's thinking...but what I can't get over is how Arum can coolly bring up Pacquiao and another future fight for him, right AFTER Mayweather's been calling Packy out....after all the predetermining of opponents before the next fight is fought....after all the bullshit of the last 2, 3 years!

This guy has been dangling and sabotaging the biggest fight of the last 25 years right in front of us...smacking Boxing fans in the face with his self serving agenda...taking their money, insulting them.

When is enough enough?....I say NOW.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 10 2011, 10:39 AM) *
That's probably what he's thinking...but what I can't get over is how Arum can coolly bring up Pacquiao and another future fight for him, right AFTER Mayweather's been calling Packy out....after all the predetermining of opponents before the next fight is fought....after all the bullshit of the last 2, 3 years!

This guy has been dangling and sabotaging the biggest fight of the last 25 years right in front of us...smacking Boxing fans in the face with his self serving agenda...taking their money, insulting them.

When is enough enough?....I say NOW.

he's going to hold off for at least another year. probably two. it's not like Mayweather is going to fight twice a year anyway, he could keep drawing it out pretty easily. i'm sure Mayweather is ideally the last fight for Pac in Arum's mind and if he can rematch it's even better for him.
Mean Mister Mustard
The power that Rios has is impressive, but what makes it all work is that he's a great inside fighter, which maximizes his chances to land those big shots of his and wear guys down. Antillon had no chance here because he fights just like Rios except that he has less power and is not that good a mechanic on the inside.

Should Rios move up to 140, I believe that he will carry his power with him, since he won't have to boil himself down as much.
The CEO
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 10:59 AM) *
he's going to hold off for at least another year. probably two. it's not like Mayweather is going to fight twice a year anyway, he could keep drawing it out pretty easily. i'm sure Mayweather is ideally the last fight for Pac in Arum's mind and if he can rematch it's even better for him.

Ofcourse it's a milking and cashing out process...Arum knows Pacquiao will lose...I understand that's shrewd business sense, but his nonchalance is beyond blatant disrespect to the fans...

How he can keep announcing Pacquiao's next/future fights (WITHOUT mentioning Mayweather) before his current fight disgusts me...it can't be taken lightly anymore...
gravytrain
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 10 2011, 11:23 AM) *
Ofcourse it's a milking and cashing out process...Arum knows Pacquiao will lose...I understand that's shrewd business sense, but his nonchalance is beyond blatant disrespect to the fans...

How he can keep announcing Pacquiao's next/future fights (WITHOUT mentioning Mayweather) before his current fight disgusts me...it can't be taken lightly anymore...

and people still wonder why the fight hasn't been made lol. i think it's been pretty obvious over the past few 6 months +. it would be nice if ESPN called Arum out when Pac's next fight isn't Mayweather, that shit isn't happening though.
SmartyBeardo
Rios was impressive but Antillon was tailor made for him.

I don't need to wish death for Dusty the Organ Grinder. Motherfucker is dissolving before our eyes. Problem is the piece of dogshit dust is attempting to destroy boxing before he blows away.
Lil-lightsout
I'm watching Rios fight every time he 's on! That was a damn good fight for 3 rounds. There was more action in the first 15 seconds then in the whole Klit-Haye fight.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 10 2011, 09:01 AM) *
I'm watching Rios fight every time he 's on! That was a damn good fight for 3 rounds. There was more action in the first 15 seconds then in the whole Klit-Haye fight.

True.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 10 2011, 12:01 PM) *

Amen!

The Klits should watch that fight and learn how to be exciting again! Loved this little war!

Jack
caneman
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 9 2011, 12:42 PM) *
I think within 7 rounds but this is a nice fight...Haye and Wlad should watch it to see what a real fight looks like!

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 10 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Amen!

The Klits should watch that fight and learn how to be exciting again! Loved this little war!

Jack

thumbsup_anim.gif before the fight even went down...I was wrong on the round though!
Jack 1000
All hail the Mighty Brandon Rios!!!!!!!

Jack
kidbazooka1
Rios beats everyone at 135lb even Marquez at this point in his career and he's a huge LW he'll make 140 and down the line 147 with no problem and should still carry his power.
Fitz
Rios is impressing me more and more. I really love the way he punches, he punches well and fights extremely well for that pressure punching type of style. He uses his jab very well, and not just as a range finder or to keep someone at bay, he steps in with it, and punches through with intention, a good nice hard jab. His body punching and uppercuts were impressive as well. He looks like the real deal to me, I look forward to some more of his future fights.
Still not sure about him though, he does seem like he is a bit of a cocky cunt at times, lol.
Fitz
But pretty much, Antonio Margarito is a poor mans Brandon Rios.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 11 2011, 05:24 PM) *
Still not sure about him though, he does seem like he is a bit of a cocky cunt at times, lol.

His personality reminds me a bit of Duran. Not comparing him fighting wise to the great Duran just his personality. He has that i don't give a f*ck atittude and loves to beef wit thhe opponent and unlike most in boxing today where they try to put on an act Rios sh*t talking seems real and so far he has been backing it up in the ring.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.