Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bute stops Mendy brutally in 4...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
Bute landed some really hard and fast punches! It's hard for me to tell how good the guy actually is though. Do y'all think Bute will fight the Ward vs Froch winner? I would like to see it and see where Bute really is! I think Ward beats them both.
D-MARV
I'll put it to you like this... The guy that Bute fought today was the same guy who Sakio Bika brutally KO'd in 1 round just a few months ago. I know it was ruled a DQ but Bika fucked him up pretty bad!

I used to like Bute but he acted like a straight Jackass after this fight. You would have thought he just KO'd a prime Roy Jones! Dude is a underachieving right now. The guy he fought today had NO business in the ring with him. Compared to what Froch and Ward has done over the last two years... Bute shouldn't even be mentioned has the Super Middleweight champion. I here he's got a fight with Pavlik on the horizon which is a step up but certainly nothing to brag about at this point. I think Glen Johnson would be a good fight then the winner of the Super 6.
Hittman25
I think bute cleans the division i think his style makes problems for most but ward could pose threats if he boxes but if they start getting into a scrap bute has fast hard hands...cant wait til sergio eats all the middleweights and moves up to face bute but will see
gravytrain
i think he'll get fight the winner and it wont live up to the expectations at all
E.C.LEGEND
I think he will fight the winner, but it will only be a good fight if Froch wins the ss6. If Ward fights him he(Ward) might get DG'd for Headbutts and I see him holding Bute a lot if they fight
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 9 2011, 05:51 PM) *
I'll put it to you like this... The guy that Bute fought today was the same guy who Sakio Bika brutally KO'd in 1 round just a few months ago. I know it was ruled a DQ but Bika fucked him up pretty bad!

I used to like Bute but he acted like a straight Jackass after this fight. You would have thought he just KO'd a prime Roy Jones! Dude is a underachieving right now. The guy he fought today had NO business in the ring with him. Compared to what Froch and Ward has done over the last two years... Bute shouldn't even be mentioned has the Super Middleweight champion. I here he's got a fight with Pavlik on the horizon which is a step up but certainly nothing to brag about at this point. I think Glen Johnson would be a good fight then the winner of the Super 6.

I agree, I have been known to hate on him but he hasn't done much IMO to anyone worth mentioning and I have said I thought Maravilla would beat him even though Bute is a good bit bigger than Maravilla. We'll have to see how it goes! I agree on Johnson though, that would be good and I have to say it...Johnson deserves another good pay day but either way, Johnson will probably fight on!
JONdaCON817
Froch, Ward and Martinez all beat Bute imo.
mexi-cutioner
ur alll high. After Bute wipes the floor with these chumps and Lemieux bounces back from that fluke losss, Bute vs. Lemieux for super middleweight supremacy in 2013!!!
SENTRAL
Monster punch to put the fight to bed but Bute won't get many plaudits all the while he is fighter lower tier opponents.  I'm certain he will face the winner of the super six but I'm torn between who he'd fair better against.  Probably Froch who would suit him better stylistically even though he's a bigger puncher than Ward.  Talk is of a match with Kessler also and right now Bute deals with the Dane very comfortably.  Kessler has lost a step recently and tends to use pressure as a fighter which would play into Butes hands.  Bute is one of the better counter punchers out there right now and he hits hard enough to put anyone at 168 on their butt.  Is he an A or B class fighter on these boards?  For me he's an A no doubt, his skillset is amongst the sports elite but being a non American and reading through other threads I'm betting he doesn't get the recognition his ability warrants.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jul 10 2011, 04:28 AM) *
Monster punch to put the fight to bed but Bute won't get many plaudits all the while he is fighter lower tier opponents.  I'm certain he will face the winner of the super six but I'm torn between who he'd fair better against.  Probably Froch who would suit him better stylistically even though he's a bigger puncher than Ward.  Talk is of a match with Kessler also and right now Bute deals with the Dane very comfortably.  Kessler has lost a step recently and tends to use pressure as a fighter which would play into Butes hands.  Bute is one of the better counter punchers out there right now and he hits hard enough to put anyone at 168 on their butt.  Is he an A or B class fighter on these boards?  For me he's an A no doubt, his skillset is amongst the sports elite but being a non American and reading through other threads I'm betting he doesn't get the recognition his ability warrants.

Ability does not warrant crotch rot. When he fights a worthy opponent he will warrant recognition beyond French CanadaLand and Transylvania.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 10 2011, 11:32 AM) *
Ability does not warrant crotch rot. When he fights a worthy opponent he will warrant recognition beyond French CanadaLand and Transylvania.

Spot on, that is what I am talking about!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.