Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More random questions
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
True-Boxing-Fan
Just a quick random question regarding the mayweather- Pacquiao fiasco, since these boards have become mainly mayweather-Pacquiao these day. Honestly I'm happy that Hype has move up in the boxing world and has become brothers with PBF after doing his after dark series and now bringing in more people here. But i got just a simple question, if testing wasn't an issue in making the fight does everything think this fight would have happened by now?

In my opinion it would be something else stopping the fight, be it from Arum or Floyd. Fighters are just not like they used to be in years past, where the best would fight the best. Honestly name me an opponent that either pacquiao or floyd fought where you said they the best out there at that time. The money is there when you fight the best and most of all it helps the legacy. I just think this fight is starting to become a joke and by the time they do fight if it ever does happen, the outcome would suffer as both fighters let to much time go by.
alaganza
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 12 2011, 01:34 PM) *
I just think this fight is starting to become a joke and by the time they do fight if it ever does happen, the outcome would suffer as both fighters let to much time go by.

In my book this fight is already a joke. At the beginning of the year I set my own personal timeline for the signing of this fight. (May 31) As long as the fight was signed by that time I was good to go. But if not, then I would have nothing to do with it. I am at the point now I couldn't care less if they do fight. I will not watch it period. No replay, no Youtube, period.

I personally feel the mark of a fan is not always measured by what you will support. Sometimes it's measured by what you will not support. These promoters, network executives, and sometimes the fighters have been operating presumtiously too long. Why else was Hopkins/Jones on PPV. Or Holyfield on PPV. Because these guys know the fight fans, whether the hardcore or casual, will pay for it. If you went to a resturaunt, ordered a steak and got a ground beef patty instead you would be a bit upset. Especially if the resturaunt still tried to charge you for the steak. That's the problem we have now. These folks will serve ground beef patties and charge us steak prices simply because they know we will pay for it.

At some point you gotta draw a line in the sand and say "no more".

My apologies for the rant.
Skillfull
Ask yourself this. Would you not want your opponent to be clean? Would you want boxing to be clean? If you can prove to everyone you fight clean and still pick up a 100 million dollar check why wouldnt you take the test? Whether you like floyd or you like pac, the bottom line is that i want to see clean fighters fight each other with no unfair advantage. We have an organisation that can test fighters olympic style at anytime! If this world was honest and decent they would make that mandatory in all sports..but this is satans world. Go figure.
zucrates
QUOTE (Skillfull @ Jul 12 2011, 03:18 PM) *
Ask yourself this. Would you not want your opponent to be clean? Would you want boxing to be clean? If you can prove to everyone you fight clean and still pick up a 100 million dollar check why wouldnt you take the test? Whether you like floyd or you like pac, the bottom line is that i want to see clean fighters fight each other with no unfair advantage. We have an organisation that can test fighters olympic style at anytime! If this world was honest and decent they would make that mandatory in all sports..but this is satans world. Go figure.

Also to go along with you comment Who knows how much money will be bet on this fight and powerful Players will have their money on both sides. You're also right about this being a Raw world Big fights have had boxers putting stuff in their water, stuff on their gloves, stuff in their gloves, peds and paid judges it goes down in these big fights. With so many problems with them setting up this fight will it be problems in the fight? Headbutts did happen in the Shane fight and left handed fighters and right handed do headbutt alot what happens after all this hoopla somebody gets cut early by a headbutt? What would all these people of the world do then?
zucrates
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 12 2011, 12:34 PM) *
Just a quick random question regarding the mayweather- Pacquiao fiasco, since these boards have become mainly mayweather-Pacquiao these day. Honestly I'm happy that Hype has move up in the boxing world and has become brothers with PBF after doing his after dark series and now bringing in more people here. But i got just a simple question, if testing wasn't an issue in making the fight does everything think this fight would have happened by now?

In my opinion it would be something else stopping the fight, be it from Arum or Floyd. Fighters are just not like they used to be in years past, where the best would fight the best. Honestly name me an opponent that either pacquiao or floyd fought where you said they the best out there at that time. The money is there when you fight the best and most of all it helps the legacy. I just think this fight is starting to become a joke and by the time they do fight if it ever does happen, the outcome would suffer as both fighters let to much time go by.

You have to admit though it's going to be a way bigger fight now(Hype,World watching and Money) if Floyd and Pac can get Knockouts along with both guys having belts even though its been alot of weird things in the media(Who's on what and who's running from Who)!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 12 2011, 01:34 PM) *

In answer to your question yes I do think they would find something else to stop the fight. I really do and I personally believe, regardless of what timelines are posted, or what Arum says or what the drug testing authorities say or what Koncz says, that neither side really wants the fight right now.

Hey I know I'll get called on that and lots of examples will be posted as to why I'm wrong but it's what I personally believe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.