Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What if Marquez loses this weekend?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
Fight Tim Bradley?
gravytrain
whoever wins between Cotto and Margarito is going to be next.
zucrates
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jul 12 2011, 06:12 PM) *
Fight Tim Bradley?

Most DEf! A Tim Bradley Fight would be great but they better put 10million on ever headbutt after the fight starts! aggressive.gif
zucrates
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 12 2011, 06:24 PM) *
whoever wins between Cotto and Margarito is going to be next.

Andre Berto would be better than rematching those guys. Watching or paying for Cotto maybe Margarito hell nah!
gravytrain
QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 12 2011, 07:50 PM) *
Andre Berto would be better than rematching those guys. Watching or paying for Cotto maybe Margarito hell nah!

lol. why would Arum do Berto? that shit wouldn't make any sense compared to Cotto or Margarito. Cotto can put asses in the seats, Berto can't sell out his living room.

Margarito already had a decent PPV with Pac and since Pac can whoop his ass nobody will care. they'll just enjoy the show. same with Cotto, he already got good numbers and Pac can beat him up again.
D-MARV
If Marquez loses this weekend, what does Pacquiao do? He'll fight Marquez!

I don't even know who this guys Marquez is fighting but he's going to have to knock Marquez out to win!
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 12 2011, 08:02 PM) *
If Marquez loses this weekend, what does Pacquiao do? He'll fight Marquez!

I don't even know who this guys Marquez is fighting but he's going to have to knock Marquez out to win!

Yeah, no shit.

Zab Judah lost to Baldy 3 months prior to the Mayweather fight, and Bob Arum didn't even hesitate on keeping the matchup. In fact, one of the funnier moments I remember came after that fight...Zab was giving his post fight interview, and was asked if the fight with Floyd was still an option...Bob started SCREAMING..."No, NO, NO...Of course he's still fighting Mayweather!"

laugh.gif

I wish I could find that clip...I recued my DVR at least a dozen times for that. lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 12 2011, 08:14 PM) *
Yeah, no shit.

Zab Judah lost to Baldy 3 months prior to the Mayweather fight, and Bob Arum didn't even hesitate on keeping the matchup. In fact, one of the funnier moments I remember came after that fight...Zab was giving his post fight interview, and was asked if the fight with Floyd was still an option...Bob started SCREAMING..."No, NO, NO...Of course he's still fighting Mayweather!"

laugh.gif

I wish I could find that clip...I recued my DVR at least a dozen times for that. lol

i remember him trying to blame everything on DK but not that. now that you mention it i wish i caught it.
D-MARV
Bob Arum don't give a fuck... Pacquiao's last 3 opponents were coming off big loses.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 13 2011, 10:34 AM) *
Bob Arum don't give a fuck... Pacquiao's last 3 opponents were coming off big loses.

Shane was coming off a draw. Margarito was coming off a win & Clottey was coming of a hotly contested SD loss.

Where are these big losses they were coming off again?
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 12 2011, 08:58 PM) *
Shane was coming off a draw. Margarito was coming off a win & Clottey was coming of a hotly contested SD loss.

LMAO.
zucrates
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 12 2011, 06:54 PM) *
lol. why would Arum do Berto? that shit wouldn't make any sense compared to Cotto or Margarito. Cotto can put asses in the seats, Berto can't sell out his living room.

Margarito already had a decent PPV with Pac and since Pac can whoop his ass nobody will care. they'll just enjoy the show. same with Cotto, he already got good numbers and Pac can beat him up again.

It would depend on how Berto looks against Zanveck if he comes in and knocks him out they could hype it and fill seats and that Margarito fight was straight garbage and anything he does now is doo doo because of the glove thing no rematch. I can't argue with you on the Cotto because he has Stewart now and they could storyline that up. Berto is a fighter thats not from top rank so we might see a real and better fight there. The rematches would only be big business moves for Arum and the fans would be hurt at the end. Berto has serious speed and could pose a problem for Pacman I know Berto looked bad in his last fight but you can't just throw him under the bus!
zucrates
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 12 2011, 07:14 PM) *
Yeah, no shit.

laugh.gif

Guido Cavalleri 113-115 | judge: Melvina Lathan 112-115 | judge: Julie Lederman 113-114 thats a bad lost wow really a blow out! Besides Carlos Manuel Baldomir is an unorthodox fighter that will give you problems if you come to the ring slipping. also I think Don King was involved in that one need I say more. The fights on youtube they should have the post fight interviews you don't need the dvr not being funny just informative. dntknw.gif
zucrates
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 12 2011, 07:58 PM) *

Mayweather was b4 that draw(Shane didn't look the same) /Margarito's win? Roberto Garcia after getting knocked out and a yr suspension and Clottey was a big loss to Cotto that would have made him a big player in the fight game.
Fitz
QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 13 2011, 04:40 PM) *
Guido Cavalleri 113-115 | judge: Melvina Lathan 112-115 | judge: Julie Lederman 113-114 thats a bad lost wow really a blow out! Besides Carlos Manuel Baldomir is an unorthodox fighter that will give you problems if you come to the ring slipping. also I think Don King was involved in that one need I say more. The fights on youtube they should have the post fight interviews you don't need the dvr not being funny just informative. dntknw.gif

That was a bad loss. Baldomir was such a big underdog with no power. Judah should NEVER have lost that.

What did Don King do that made Zab lose the fight?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 13 2011, 04:50 PM) *
Mayweather was b4 that draw(Shane didn't look the same) /Margarito's win? Roberto Garcia after getting knocked out and a yr suspension and Clottey was a big loss to Cotto that would have made him a big player in the fight game.

My man Marv was saying coming off 3 big losses. I was purely pointing out that Shane was coming off a draw, Margarito a win & Clotted a controversial SD loss to Cotto.

Had Marv said their recent records were suspect I would have agreed with him in all cases bar Clottey.

Really I was just breaking marv's balls over it & semantics.
BigG
Pacquiao fought Margarito after Marg had been caught with plaster/got KO'd badly vs old Shane and Margarito looked weak as fuck in that comeback fight....I barely give Pac credit for that win.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BigG @ Jul 13 2011, 05:29 AM) *
Pacquiao fought Margarito after Marg had been caught with plaster/got KO'd badly vs old Shane and Margarito looked weak as fuck in that comeback fight....I barely give Pac credit for that win.

I actually thought Margarito looked quite strong in the fight. He took an almost other worldy amount of punishment and kept on trucking, and slow as he was, still had the power to hurt Pac badly late in the fight.
D-MARV
Pacquiao's last "Good" win was against Cotto. His last three wins were less than impressive.

Cshel86
If Marquez loses this weekend, then the Pacquiao fight is still on...hell, they've already signed for the fight. Nobody would want to pay to see Pacquiao beat Margarito and Cotto down again, sorry. Berto could possibly be an option because people somewhat know him, but Bradley will still have to wait in line like everybody else because he brings no worth to the table at all. Im sure everybody knows Berto a little better because Ortiz just had his way with him, and they keep bringing up the Berto fight in the Mayweather/Ortiz press conference. So yes, maybe Berto vs Pacquiao after the Marquez fight.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 13 2011, 05:15 AM) *
Pacquiao's last "Good" win was against Cotto. His last three wins were less than impressive.

Even so, the end of one fight was poetic justice and freaking beautiful! I think Pac made a mistake not stepping to Berto to get his belt and the way Arum is bullshit and hurting Pac's rep for lack of a better word but many on here would shit on Pac no matter who he fought! I mean who else was he gonna fight besides FMJ? Bradley would be interesting but peeps would shit on Pac cause he was coming up in weight!!!! Look I admit there were a little better choices but go rattle off 3 fights better, and if you take Berto off that list and who is left? But this was still a thing of beauty even if it was for a totally worthless belt!!!!
caneman
My bad, double post!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 13 2011, 09:38 AM) *
My bad, double post!

No worries......you can post that ass as many times as you want
caneman
lolz, Vida is BAD ASS!
zucrates
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 13 2011, 02:29 AM) *
That was a bad loss. Baldomir was such a big underdog with no power. Judah should NEVER have lost that.

What did Don King do that made Zab lose the fight?

Zab said during his training DK would keep scheduling him to be at certain places to do things for the fight so it was hard for him to get right so he came in the fight sub par(listen to his post fight interview). You right he should not have lost but Baldomir took Mayweather and Forrest(one card had 111-116) to the distance, He Tko'd Gatti also He has a win(even though its a Dq) over Clottey and they were close. So to do all that he's no push over because he lacks in the power department he has a crazy style and if you're not prepared right he might get you.
streetlion1
I think Pac-Roid would still take the Marquez fight even if he lost. I would want to see him fight Alvarez....or even Lara or Bradley.
zucrates
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 13 2011, 03:50 AM) *
My man Marv was saying coming off 3 big losses. I was purely pointing out that Shane was coming off a draw, Margarito a win & Clotted a controversial SD loss to Cotto.

Had Marv said their recent records were suspect I would have agreed with him in all cases bar Clottey.

Really I was just breaking marv's balls over it & semantics.

I know what you were saying I just was showing that it was some suspect in those fighters and that even though Shane had a Draw and Margarito a win they were not the same fighters at the time they fought Manny. Clottey was a lose but he could have won against Cotto if he would have fought hard in the late rounds and that lost sent him down hill. That Clottey vs Manny fight looked crazy to IMO its like he wouldn't fight for some reason(I do have to give Manny the benifit of the doubt he did do great body work that may have made Clottey not punch).
gravytrain
QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 13 2011, 02:27 AM) *
It would depend on how Berto looks against Zanveck if he comes in and knocks him out they could hype it and fill seats and that Margarito fight was straight garbage and anything he does now is doo doo because of the glove thing no rematch. I can't argue with you on the Cotto because he has Stewart now and they could storyline that up. Berto is a fighter thats not from top rank so we might see a real and better fight there. The rematches would only be big business moves for Arum and the fans would be hurt at the end. Berto has serious speed and could pose a problem for Pacman I know Berto looked bad in his last fight but you can't just throw him under the bus!

the only way Berto could sell seats is if he knocked himself out. hit and hug Berto isn't doing a PPV anytime soon. the winner of the rematch will be coming off of a big win, Cotto and Margarito have already done a million + with Pac, they're more successful than Berto and they're with Top Rank. there's no way he passes it up.

mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Jul 13 2011, 09:17 AM) *
I think Pac-Roid would still take the Marquez fight even if he lost. I would want to see him fight Alvarez....or even Lara or Bradley.

I think Manny could take Alvarez and even Bradley, but Lara takes him to school
Fitz
QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 14 2011, 02:07 AM) *
Zab said during his training DK would keep scheduling him to be at certain places to do things for the fight so it was hard for him to get right so he came in the fight sub par(listen to his post fight interview). You right he should not have lost but Baldomir took Mayweather and Forrest(one card had 111-116) to the distance, He Tko'd Gatti also He has a win(even though its a Dq) over Clottey and they were close. So to do all that he's no push over because he lacks in the power department he has a crazy style and if you're not prepared right he might get you.

I haven't seen the Clottey fight, so I will stay away from that one. But you mentioned one card having Forrest 116-111 to indicate that Baldomir is a good fighter. What about the other cards (118-109)? Forrest had a point deducted anyways. The fight wasn't close and basically almost a shutout.
Gatti has never been a great win, maybe solid, but at that point, Gatti definitely wasn't solid. This is the same Gatti that got stopped by the reality TV star in Gomez.
Plus, Baldomir ended up getting stopped by Alvarez, he couldn't even stop Matthew Hatton.

But to the point at hand about Don King. Judah has a history and is known for not being right, and unraveling in fights. He has done this countless times, he even almost lost a fight with Pineda for slowing down, and having no urgency in that fight. He is known for this. So with his history, I'm hardly going to put too much stock into his excuse for losing to Baldomir and blaming Don King. It's not as if this was a one off for him, and he has always been with King for most of the time. I chalk it up as nothing more than an excuse, and to validate the Mayweather fight more.
It was Zab that lost the fight IMO and his fault, not Don Kings. I just won't believe that based on Judah's history.
Sicko
I think that fight is going to happen regardless

JMM would have to get KO'd to lose that fight, because even if he struggles to the score card he is going to get a Decision to make sure they setup that fight
EpTXCHAMP
this would be like zab vs baldomir win or loss we all knew we were getting mayweather vs judah next!

For the record I dont expect marq to look good in this fight he got hit too much for my liking against Katsidis
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 13 2011, 02:03 PM) *
I think Manny could take Alvarez and even Bradley, but Lara takes him to school

dude is that clip of evan real>>?? had to ask looks like something from those powerade commercials where lebron is shooting half court shots like nothing haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.