Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ask a question, get an answer thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dhoward126
What's up fight fans? Trying to keep myself sharp here and combatting boredom as my doctor says I'm developing "trigger fingers" on my thumbs, so let me know what's on your mind if it's something we haven't seen on the site or something in particular you want to ask me. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions!
mrnash
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jul 14 2011, 01:18 AM) *
What's up fight fans? Trying to keep myself sharp here and combatting boredom as my doctor says I'm developing "trigger fingers" on my thumbs, so let me know what's on your mind if it's something we haven't seen on the site or something in particular you want to ask me. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions!

I assume you guys are working on this but, when can we expect a video section (Interviews, fights and so on)?. Plus what you think about the Rico Ramos vs Rig posble match up?
STEVENSKI
Hey Danny,

Who is your favourite fighter & why are they?

Who will be the next P4P king in your eyes?

Do you think the next P4P king will also be a PPV superstar or will that mantle fall to a less taleneted fighter & if he is different who so you think it will be?
cuzzo707
Hey it's your #1 Alaska fan (907) and I was wondering what you think about Marquez this weekend and do you know if that fight will be televised at all? And no more Paul "The Pinata" Williams talk j/k LOL. Also l called in yesterday and just wanted to let you guys know once again that your doin a hell of a job with the information and keeping the true boxing fans informed Thanks!!
Spyder
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 14 2011, 06:00 AM) *
Hey Danny,

Do you think the next P4P king will also be a PPV superstar or will that mantle fall to a less taleneted fighter & if he is different who so you think it will be?

Who was the last P4P King that was NOT a PPV superstar? Sweet Pea?
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 14 2011, 01:35 PM) *
Who was the last P4P King that was NOT a PPV superstar? Sweet Pea?

how about the last two guys before May and Pac? BHops and Jones.
BoxingWizard23
Sup, Dan

Do you think a Floyd vs Martinez fight will happen next year if Pacman doesn't still agree to ODST test?

Do you think Pacman should have won this years ESPY's over the likes of B-Hop and Martinez??

What do you think of Floyd's new outlook of wanting to fight more fights in 1 year after this Ortiz fight is over?

Why do you think there was no 140 pound tournament and why hasn't there been one since key stars from 135 are moving up?

Do you think Pascal is ducking Cloud?
thehype
QUOTE (mrnash @ Jul 14 2011, 03:03 AM) *
I assume you guys are working on this but, when can we expect a video section (Interviews, fights and so on)?. Plus what you think about the Rico Ramos vs Rig posble match up?

Videos are here: http://www.fighthype.com/archives/varchives.php

Or here: http://www.youtube.com/fighthype
dhoward126
QUOTE (mrnash @ Jul 14 2011, 03:03 AM) *

Rico Ramos was being beaten to the punch and was looking mighty lost against Shimoda, he is way too green for anybody at 122 to be honest. Ramos landed that big punch that won him a title, but he's going to get dominated by Rigo in a fight between two hesitant punchers and it will more than likely be on HBO and we're all going to hate it lol.
dhoward126
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 14 2011, 06:00 AM) *
Hey Danny,

Easy, Sugar Ray Leonard. Ray was a monster who wasn't afraid to take on the best and it's hard to believe he fought so many great fighters in less than 40 fights. If Ray came along in this era, he'd be undefeated and uncontested.

Donaire would have been if his dumb-ass understood what a contract is, so I'm going to have to say Ward because outside of Bute there is nobody at 168 that will beat him and that says a lot when he is in one of the deepest divisions in the sport. 175 is wide open for him too, hard to see him lose against Pascal, Dawson or Cloud IMO. You need to be a complete package to compete with Ward.

P4P fighters aren't usually the superstars...when was Oscar ever P4P #1 when he was selling all those pay per views? Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins also former #1 P4P guys that weren't always on PPV.

dhoward126
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 14 2011, 02:51 PM) *
Sup, Dan

Do you think a Floyd vs Martinez fight will happen next year if Pacman doesn't still agree to ODST test?

Do you think Pacman should have won this years ESPY's over the likes of B-Hop and Martinez??

What do you think of Floyd's new outlook of wanting to fight more fights in 1 year after this Ortiz fight is over?

Why do you think there was no 140 pound tournament and why hasn't there been one since key stars from 135 are moving up?

Do you think Pascal is ducking Cloud?

Floyd/Martinez doesn't happen, Martinez couldn't make Jr. Middleweight anymore if he tried. The guy weighs like 190 inbetween fights. Floyd/Khan is more likely should Khan get past Judah (he will).

I voted for Martinez, but Pacquiao wins EVERY award he's nominated for. ESPYs are fan voted as well, so the man with the biggest bandwagon wins.

I'd love it if he did, long stretches of inactivity don't help anybody in the long run.

Tournaments are such a hard thing to put together and even more difficult to maintain. You have to get everybody on board with fixed pay, dealing with multiple promoters and managers as well as worrying about cuts, training injuries and the sort. Look at the Super Six (Eight?), how smoothly did that go? I love the idea, but too many variables to consider past the idea stage.

Pascal isn't ducking Cloud, but he won't fight him on the Hopkins-Dawson undercard due to the fact that you have too many promoters involved in that card with just those three alone. I've heard talks that they might fight in December, but we'll have to see. That'd be a great fight to end the year for HBO.
dhoward126
QUOTE (cuzzo707 @ Jul 14 2011, 12:50 PM) *
Hey it's your #1 Alaska fan (907) and I was wondering what you think about Marquez this weekend and do you know if that fight will be televised at all? And no more Paul "The Pinata" Williams talk j/k LOL. Also l called in yesterday and just wanted to let you guys know once again that your doin a hell of a job with the information and keeping the true boxing fans informed Thanks!!

Toprank.com will be streaming the fight live 9pm est. Check "Pillar to Post" tomorrow for my pick on the fight. Thanks for repping Alaska my man, you're who we work for!
zucrates
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jul 14 2011, 02:18 AM) *

What fighters past and present IYO look like they took PEDS but never tested POSITVE?
WHO GOT THE JUICE? yahoo.gif
dhoward126
QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 15 2011, 11:08 AM) *
What fighters past and present IYO look like they took PEDS but never tested POSITVE?
WHO GOT THE JUICE? yahoo.gif

Look like they took? I'm going to assume you mean who I suspect/suspected. Evander Holyfield, Tommy Morrison, Shane Mosley never tested positive, uh I'm hoping you are not hoping I'm going to say Pacquiao. Not opening up that can of worms yet.
dhoward126
bump
gravytrain
assuming Pac and Mayweather don't fight who's next for Mayweather, Alvarez or Khan? i think GBP wouldn't do it to Alvarez, he's worth too much. same for Pac, winner of Marg vs Cotto II or someone else?
dhoward126
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 16 2011, 10:27 PM) *
assuming Pac and Mayweather don't fight who's next for Mayweather, Alvarez or Khan? i think GBP wouldn't do it to Alvarez, he's worth too much. same for Pac, winner of Marg vs Cotto II or someone else?

For Mayweather, don't be surprised you hear Andre Berto get the call if he puts a few wins together. Khan will be down the line, he isn't a money maker for GBP quite yet. Ortiz is getting this fight because it's on Mexican independence day and they're going to have Alvarez and Erik Morales on the same card.

As for Pacquiao? I jokingly say Paul Williams since he's fitting the profile for a Pacquiao opponent (1. Looked like garbage in his last fight 2. May be shot and finally 3. May have trouble making weight) but don't be surprised if Mike Jones gets the nod as Pacquiao still needs to fight a "young, slick African-American fighter" just like Floyd is fighting a younger and more aggressive opponent. Would be funny as all hell if Williams got the shot lol.
gravytrain
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jul 16 2011, 11:16 PM) *
For Mayweather, don't be surprised you hear Andre Berto get the call if he puts a few wins together. Khan will be down the line, he isn't a money maker for GBP quite yet. Ortiz is getting this fight because it's on Mexican independence day and they're going to have Alvarez and Erik Morales on the same card.

As for Pacquiao? I jokingly say Paul Williams since he's fitting the profile for a Pacquiao opponent (1. Looked like garbage in his last fight 2. May be shot and finally 3. May have trouble making weight) but don't be surprised if Mike Jones gets the nod as Pacquiao still needs to fight a "young, slick African-American fighter" just like Floyd is fighting a younger and more aggressive opponent. Would be funny as all hell if Williams got the shot lol.

well Williams is a sucker for left hands lol. if he gets another fight with Martinez i'm sure we'll see him cashed out with Pac when he's crosseyed and punch drunk.

i'm curios to see how much longer Arum/Pac/Mayweather/whoever you want to put it on holds off on the fight and who gets the fights in the mean time. i think Berto would have a pretty good chance at Mayweather if he gets a title and HBO gets behind him again. i was just Khan would be the guy since he could bring UK money to the table and it could be 12-18 months down the road.
dhoward126
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 16 2011, 10:44 PM) *
well Williams is a sucker for left hands lol. if he gets another fight with Martinez i'm sure we'll see him cashed out with Pac when he's crosseyed and punch drunk.

i'm curios to see how much longer Arum/Pac/Mayweather/whoever you want to put it on holds off on the fight and who gets the fights in the mean time. i think Berto would have a pretty good chance at Mayweather if he gets a title and HBO gets behind him again. i was just Khan would be the guy since he could bring UK money to the table and it could be 12-18 months down the road.

Until the bottle stops spinning and the two of them have no choice to fight, that's when we see it. Khan is a good choice, but it'll be Berto if he puts a good string of wins together, which isn't too hard. He fights Jan Zaveck for the IBF belt in November I think, then he might fight Lou Collazo in a rematch from what I've heard. He beats those two guys, then PBF or Ortiz rematch.
dhoward126
bump
xizor1d
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jul 25 2011, 10:33 AM) *
bump

Hey Danny,

Do you know why James Kirkland and Ann Wolf broke up after he got out of jail?

Also I'm not sure if you want to get into this now, but at the end of one of the broadcast on FightHype radio you dropped some hints that you may be working on something about Pacquiao and needles. Any hints on what this could be?

And last, what do you think about Gary Russell jr? Could he be the next big superstar in boxing?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.