Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Williams-Lara Judges Are Suspended!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Boxing Scene is reporting that the judges of the Williams-Lara fight, who scored a majority decision for Williams, in a match that most observers believed Laura should have won, will be required to attend future training and seminars before they will be allowed to judge again:

http://www.boxingscene.com/-lara-vs-willia...ing-turn--41512

Maybe it is a small step, but it is a good one. I think Commissioner Davis did the right thing.

Jack
salvador
Awesome!

Now maybe they could reverse or nullify the decision.
Big Slim Sweet
The decision's gong to stand without evidence of corruption. I don't get Lara's people's demanding a rematch. What for? Everyone knows Lara really won.

This is a solid step if and only if it starts a precedent. By itself it's nice but means dick.

State commissions need to begin disciplining incompetent judges consistently.
caneman
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 14 2011, 07:52 AM) *
The decision's gong to stand without evidence of corruption. I don't get Lara's people's demanding a rematch. What for? Everyone knows Lara really won.

This is a solid step if and only if it starts a precedent. By itself it's nice but means dick.

You are correct, they won't reverse it, too bad really! This is the same story written a little better with more detail! http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-i...pensions_071311
Allmenjoi8
I just posted a question when I asked are fights fixed... there goes the question.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 14 2011, 06:52 AM) *

is there evidence or not? I know 8 count news released some photos of one judge holding is card up and talking to some man behind him which judges are not suppose to do. Also maxboxing brought up the fact that this judging crew worked six fights together on that card which is unheard of?? What does hype know or what has he said being a fan and not an insider I can't say for sure if there is evidence but this smells corrupt to me.
Prov0
This is good news.cause that was one of the worst decisions of all time.

Can Fighthype suspend those on here who actually thought Paul Williams won! LOL
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Jul 14 2011, 01:34 PM) *

I know, right?
zucrates
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Jul 14 2011, 01:34 PM) *

Amen! (Zab Judah"s voice) thumbsup_anim.gif
zucrates
QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 15 2011, 11:14 AM) *
Amen! (Zab Judah"s voice) thumbsup_anim.gif

Typo: Zab Judah's voice B4 yall go crazy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.