Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FNF 7/15/11 Rodriguez-Wolak
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
Since there wasn't a thread I thought I'd mention what an amazing FOTY type of fight it was last night. Both guys gave it their all and Wolak fought with a Rahman-type of bulb of an eye which was completely closed for the last 4 rounds. Really incredible grit and bravery from both.

In the post fight interview, Teddy Atlas offered on behalf of ESPN to have the rematch on FNF. I hope HBO or Showtime picks it up and gives both guys big fat paychecks.
HaydelHammer
was a very good match up. Had a SEMI ward gatti feel to it with the crowd hyped up from rd 1 to finish plus atlas going nuts the entire fight. LOL

A fight like this televised on HBO or SHO with that crowd with enthusiastic commentating is how boxing shows need to be to win over those on the fence about boxing. No these guys are not A grade, but the typical avg joe fight fan drools over fights like this.
wolterb
definitely had that bull against the matador feel to it. fun fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
Both guys usually make for good fights, particularly Wolak.

I had read an article on Wolak, over at Maxboxing, which said that he's one of those guys who works a full time job while training for prizefights. After reading about his daily routine of working construction and then training in the morning, I couldn't help but to root for him last night, but Rodriguez put on a great display of toughness as well, so I wasn't terribly disappointed with the draw.
salvador
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 16 2011, 10:29 AM) *

I had read an article on Wolak, over at Maxboxing, which said that he's one of those guys who works a full time job while training for prizefights. After reading about his daily routine of working construction and then training in the morning, I couldn't help but to root for him last night, but Rodriguez put on a great display of toughness as well, so I wasn't terribly disappointed with the draw.

I loved the draw because it makes the rematch a sure thing. I think both guys' careers just got a boost.
caneman
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 16 2011, 10:29 AM) *

True, plus neither deserved to lose that fight! That is an instant classic. Too bad those heavyweights didn't show that kinda heart and desire those two did...they should switch paychecks!
Jack 1000
Candidate for FOTY! I had it 5-5 after watching on streamed ESPN 3. A mini version of Gatti-Ward! This is a must-see fight and one that I will be adding to my DVD collection! If MMA fans saw fights like this, they would stop complaining about boxing!

Jack
HazConvictedFelonMane
Wolak's style made me liken him to Micky Ward. The fight was very entertaing but at what cost? That fight could have 'career implications' (like Joe Tessitore said last night) that can affect him in the long run. That fight could have damaged Wolak for life.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 16 2011, 01:20 PM) *
Candidate for FOTY! I had it 5-5 after watching on streamed ESPN 3. A mini version of Gatti-Ward! This is a must-see fight and one that I will be adding to my DVD collection! If MMA fans saw fights like this, they would stop complaining about boxing!

Jack

I'd tell those MMA fans to get on my level. They need not complain about boxing because MMA is a spin off of boxing. Tell Dana White to kiss Lou Dibella's ring.
caneman
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jul 16 2011, 12:25 PM) *
Wolak's style made me liken him to Micky Ward. The fight was very entertaing but at what cost? That fight could have 'career implications' (like Joe Tessitore said last night) that can affect him in the long run. That fight could have damaged Wolak for life.

Too bad Wolak doesn't use that left to the body like Ward, he might of won the fight if he did!
sduck
That was a good fight, Wolak came out lookin like Rocky.
JONdaCON817
Wolaks eye looked like it got eaten by a fat girls vagina....
mexi-cutioner
amazing fight, though I had Rodriguez winning it by 1 or 2 points. Can't complain with the draw though.
alaganza
Great fight! FNF was hyping up the fight for the last couple of weeks. And it definitely surpassed the hype. Good action all the way through. And the crowd was ridiculous. Great Great fight.
TheFonz
Good fight, but Delvin should have gotten the W. He deserved it.
Box in Hand
Has anyone talked about this fight? It was on ESPN Friday Night Fights and was a brutal war and FOTY candidate. If you haven't seen it please go to YouTube and enjoy.
caneman
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 17 2011, 07:17 PM) *
Has anyone talked about this fight? It was on ESPN Friday Night Fights and was a brutal war and FOTY candidate. If you haven't seen it please go to YouTube and enjoy.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=27292
Big Slim Sweet
Great, great fight. If the rematch lands on the Cotto-Margarito PPV I'll buy it just for this.
zucrates
QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 16 2011, 08:21 AM) *
Since there wasn't a thread I thought I'd mention what an amazing FOTY type of fight it was last night. Both guys gave it their all and Wolak fought with a Rahman-type of bulb of an eye which was completely closed for the last 4 rounds. Really incredible grit and bravery from both.

In the post fight interview, Teddy Atlas offered on behalf of ESPN to have the rematch on FNF. I hope HBO or Showtime picks it up and gives both guys big fat paychecks.

Your exactly right Straight Bang OUt! Wolak was like a machine the way he kept coming and throwing punches while Rodri stayed in there a did his thing to with great inside work. I hope the Khan vs Judah is like this! clapping.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.