Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPOILER: JMM vs Ramos
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
So JMM stops Ramos in the first rd with a straight right in his 140lb debut i would have liked to see him get a few more rds in before the Manny fight but oh well. I hope he'll be ready come November.

Rafael Marquez stopped his opponent in the fifth rd and is in line to get a title shot against Nishioka next.
Spyder
Sounds like JMM is more prepared than he was against Mayweather.
kidbazooka1
yeah but he's also three years older so don't know how that will effect him.
Hittman25
fight was fixed bob arum didnt let marquez get any work in! I hope he looks as good as he does now at 138 as he does at 144 or 142
BlackseedGuitarsDOTcom
I'm scared for boxing. After seeing Ramos take a dive last night, it means that Bob Arum is fixing fights again. I don't want to believe it! It's so bad for boxing. What is the point of watching Top Rank fights if they might be fixed? Is JMM going to take a dive in the Pacquiao fight? Was Shane Mosley told to run against Pacman? This does not look good.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BlackseedGuitarsDOTcom @ Jul 17 2011, 08:46 AM) *
I'm scared for boxing. After seeing Ramos take a dive last night, it means that Bob Arum is fixing fights again. I don't want to believe it! It's so bad for boxing. What is the point of watching Top Rank fights if they might be fixed? Is JMM going to take a dive in the Pacquiao fight? Was Shane Mosley told to run against Pacman? This does not look good.

Didn't see the fight. What did the KO/stoppage look like? Was it like Seldon tanking against Tyson? I think that if there is enough evidence from the commission that there was a "non-effort" or a "planned negative effort." there should be an investigation, regardless of the fight, or promoter.

Juan Marquez is not exactly noted as a hard puncher.

Jack
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (BlackseedGuitarsDOTcom @ Jul 17 2011, 10:46 PM) *

No the fight was fixed, you don't back paddle an then go to sleep when youtouch the ground!
I find it funny how this goes so quite, it's clear Arum is trying to rise interest in the fight against pacman. When your knocked out cold
You hit the ground flat the body is un-response because your sleep COLD. This guy locked up his legs look at his calf muscles he tried to keep himself up he was more off balanced. He touched the ground an went to sleep? lol come on....sorry for JMM he was clueless an it sucks to have this attached to your career.

Side note
Pac fans have vanished hahahahaa i'm loving it.... out of excuses i see

Anywho thats my two cents
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (BlackseedGuitarsDOTcom @ Jul 17 2011, 10:46 PM) *

No the fight was fixed, you don't back paddle an then go to sleep when you touch the ground!
I find it funny how this goes so quite, it's clear Arum is trying to rise interest in the fight against pacman. When your knocked out cold
You hit the ground flat the body is un-response because your sleep COLD. This guy locked up his legs look at his calf muscles he tried to keep himself up he was more off balanced then anything. He touched the ground an went to sleep? lol come on....sorry for JMM he was clueless an it sucks to have this attached to your career.

Side note

Anywho thats my two cents
D-MARV
Lol... I wonder how much Arum paid that guy for that dive. I didn't realize this was a Top Rank production.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 17 2011, 10:55 PM) *
Didn't see the fight. What did the KO/stoppage look like? Was it like Seldon tanking against Tyson? I think that if there is enough evidence from the commission that there was a "non-effort" or a "planned negative effort." there should be an investigation, regardless of the fight, or promoter.

Juan Marquez is not exactly noted as a hard puncher.

Jack

Here ya go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuAD5elt-Y...be_gdata_player
Jack 1000
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jul 17 2011, 09:31 AM) *

I saw a clean shot land. However, the reaction is definitely suspect.

Jack
Big Slim Sweet
The dude took a dive. He got hit, but going to sleep like that was bullshit. It was awful.

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jul 17 2011, 09:04 AM) *
Side note

Ramos taking a dive against Marquez has nothing to do with Manny. Manny probably didn't even know the fight was taking place.

Pac fans and Arum fans (who?) are not the same thing.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 17 2011, 11:39 AM) *
The dude took a dive. He got hit, but going to sleep like that was bullshit. It was awful.

Ramos taking a dive against Marquez has nothing to do with Manny. Manny probably didn't even know the fight was taking place.

Pac fans and Arum fans (who?) are not the same thing.

Good post.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 17 2011, 11:39 AM) *

Yeah that was real bad. The right hand was ok, but to do get that kind of reaction is comical. Even Bruce Seldon was shaking his head at that. laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 17 2011, 10:25 AM) *
Lol... I wonder how much Arum paid that guy for that dive. I didn't realize this was a Top Rank production.

for an obvious dive like that? probably $50 and a night with one of the ring card girls. i do know that this is about to be hyped to hell and back though, it's gonna show Marquez landing the punch and dude going down but all you'll see is him going out of the picture lol. some of the cameras didn't even follow him on the way down. when does that ever happen?
Prov0
LMFAO!!! That was so fake that fool took a dive yes the punch landed but it didnt have anything
behind it to do that..

Once again theres a Top Rank fight for you. Seriously man Bob is killing the sport of boxing .
Snoop
That shit looked super fake.
mgrover
doesnt seem fixed since he wobbled him moments before. but anythings possible
PColeman28
on the replay they showed live after the punch landed and he dropped and you can see him on the ground awake then suddenly he just fell asleep...unless this guys chin is as strong as a 3 year old it was fixed, it just brings more hype to the november fight (which is what they're hoping so they can get more ppv buys) but i think anybody with common sense can tell that was fake lol
AussieLad
The only way i could see that being legit was if his head bounced off the canvas on the way down. If your already shaky from a punch, smacking the back of your head into the floor as you fall could definitely put you out. In that clip, his head hits the canvas but doesnt look hard enough in my opinion.
kidbazooka1
JMM was gonna whoop his ass anyway but the ending did look fishy.

Aware
That was definitely a dive. I wonder if the media will question Arum.
ViperSniper
What a dive! You can see him closing his eyes!
mexi-cutioner
Fuck Bob Arum
sduck
That was obviously a dive lmao, can't believe anyone would think it wasn't.
Snoop
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 17 2011, 10:11 PM) *
doesnt seem fixed since he wobbled him moments before. but anythings possible

My thoughts exactly. Fighters that go unconscious like that go down like a sack of potatoes.
Hops
This is not fixed. Why would anyone think this is fixed?

Ramos was knocked down how many times by Solis?

He got knocked down by Marquez and decided to ACT. He just overdid it.
Seek
QUOTE (Hops @ Jul 18 2011, 04:01 AM) *
This is not fixed. Why would anyone think this is fixed?

Ramos was knocked down how many times by Solis?

He got knocked down by Marquez and decided to ACT. He just overdid it.

Yeah I wouldn't go as far as saying it was fixed but the dude seemed like he pulled a Cintron and leaped out of the fight.
SmartyBeardo
I wonder who had how much on JMM by stoppage in 1?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.