Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview and Poll: Tyson Fury vs. Derek Chisora
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Pinning this up because this match has created quite a stir in the UK and maybe this is another David Haye shoot the mouth off charade. Christ, let's hope not! But it appears that these two hate each other and have been going at it for several months. The fight seems to be a pretty big deal in UK. The fight will be shown LIVE in the states in the afternoon on PPV for $24.95.

I don't know how much interest it will draw in America. This could be bombs away, or all talk and no show. But, I need help from others to tell me the type of fight to expect. I only recall that Tyson Fury clearly lost a match one time, and somehow got the decision. What fight was that? I know that Chisora was supposed to fight Vitali, but that kept falling apart. Does the winner get a shot at a Klitschko?

I will have more details soon. I believe the start time will be next Saturday at 3PM (ET)/12(PT.) with the live card from Wembley Stadium. I'll put up a poll to get some interest going about this match.

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This warrants 25 bucks huh? I remember when Fury punched himself with his own uppercut. I might stream it, but I also would like some additional info on the fight. I think both these guys are a level below Wlad and Vitali, and could be evenly matched. This could make for a solid fight. Both guys should be hungry, since this fight puts one of them at a different level.

Jack, check your inbox. I just replied to your message that you sent 3 weeks ago. I didn't see it, sorry bout that.
STEVENSKI
This is actually a decent scrap. I like Del Boy to smash that pikey bastards head in.
Lil-lightsout
I have seen it all...a Tyson Fury fight being pinned. laugh.gif
Spyder
Well, one of his names IS Tyson...and his other name is Fury, so that alone kinda deserves to be mentioned.
Oscare4
QUOTE (KYLE..)
I think both these guys are a level below Wlad and Vitali

Its more than one level thats for sure. Having this fight pinned really is an indicator of how shit the HW division is. That being said Im going with Chisora and hope that he shuts Fury and his delusional family up for a little while at least.
JLUVBABY
figured id post on this subject... lol... for what its worth i think fury will get it done... i think his type of fighter will be the kind of guy to finally beat the klits... not him but there is another guy im liking out of britian forget his name and im liking helenius guy that just ko'd a shot peter.... its gonna be a while but i think there will be a few heavyweight fights that will be half worth watching on the horizen so i dont mind watching these guys build up to that point...
Maxy
I can't really look past Chisora in this although I'd love for Fury to win cos he really is comedy gold. Expect Del Boy to get inside, use some dirty rough house tactics and wear Fury down for something like an 8th or 9th round stoppage.

Jack, I wouldn't say this is making much noise in the UK to be honest. It's interesting only because both are fairly limited and there's been some bad mouthing going on between them for a while now, culminating in Fury claiming he will kill him on Saturday night.

There is no way anyone should part with their money for this in America. If you want to see it there will be many ways to view it for free. It is free in England on a channel that NEVER usually shows ANY live boxing. Not sure if they ever have either.
SENTRAL
Been looking at these two and all I see is a pair of unskilled untested bums with no hope of making any impact on the world stage. I've read many people who claim David Price is better than both of these two but neither of them are interested in facing him because he actually has some skills. Price is the guy who sparred with Haye and was a fine amateur. For this fight I think Chisora will have too much for Fury but that is saying very little because Fury really is quite awful in all aspects.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jul 19 2011, 04:09 AM) *
Been looking at these two and all I see is a pair of unskilled untested bums with no hope of making any impact on the world stage. I've read many people who claim David Price is better than both of these two but neither of them are interested in facing him because he actually has some skills. Price is the guy who sparred with Haye and was a fine amateur. For this fight I think Chisora will have too much for Fury but that is saying very little because Fury really is quite awful in all aspects.

laugh.gif For some reason just using the surname Fury makes me laugh laugh.gif At least you can recognise that these 2 Brits are bums. I'mma gonna go with Chisora by late stoppage or Fury by early stoppage (but only if he catches himself with one of those awesome uppercuts.)
Maxy
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 19 2011, 05:23 AM) *
laugh.gif For some reason just using the surname Fury makes me laugh laugh.gif At least you can recognise that these 2 Brits are bums. I'mma gonna go with Chisora by late stoppage or Fury by early stoppage (but only if he catches himself with one of those awesome uppercuts.)

Even Zab Judah is no slouch when it comes to testing his own chin!

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are a pair of bums though but neither are gonna set the world alight or be the answer to the Klits domination era. Fury makes me laugh with his talk though, he's pretty articulate and enjoyable to listen to...even though he talks shit sometimes. Still, I expect Chisora to win but hope I'm wrong.
Maxy
Not confirmed yet but apparently Chisora came in at 261, Fury 255. If true I'm changing my pick and going with Tyson to win late by stoppage over an exhausted Del Boy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.