Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koncz Fired...Wonder Why
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
I am sure everyone read that Michael K is out of the Pacman camp... I wonder why? Could it be he came clean and said that the blood testing was not agreed on or did Mr. Arum have his hand in the firing. The wheels on the wagon are slowly coming off. It would be great if Manny fired Mr. Arum.... WOW
Cshel86
It had to have something to do with the recent statements that were released about the testing. For God's sake, you can toss a basketball to a group of toddlers and they will have teams picked and a game started within 5 minutes. These are grown men representing one fighter, and nobody can ever be on the same page. Mr. "Me No Speak No English" (Pacquiao) needs to speak up for himself and stop letting these boneheads do all of the talking...it's making him look bad.

It's almost as if they want to keep Pacquaio out of the loop, for some reason. Im almost afraid that they will make as much money off of him as possible, and leave him hanging dry with nothing. This dude's country literally depends on him and his team are a bunch of snakes, smh. I wonder what kind of pressure he is under...
EAlbian
Has this been confirmed yet? according to those close to mayweather's camp Ellerbe was fired as well and we know how reliable that turned out to be. Not that i dont trust ben's word i'd just like to hear it confirmed by pac or arum or roach or buoy boy
Eighty88Eight
fired for contradicting Arum. you gotta be sharper than that to keep up with Arum's BS. Pac's camp really does look like a bunch of bumbling, stuttering, conniving fools lately. i cant believe how the media is coddling the guy. here you have a guy whose been elected to a high office in one of the most corrupt governments on earth and everyone in the supposedly unbiased boxing media just takes everything everyone around him says as fact? even freddie roach was in on the lies with that bullshit about "agreeing to everything". boxing journalism, and journalism in general is going the way of the Dodo.
Method
You really wonder why he was fired? Seriously?
caneman
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 18 2011, 10:18 AM) *
You really wonder why he was fired? Seriously?

H e was fired for common knowledge then IMO, cause I knew Pac never agreed to testing with less than a 14 day cut off!
JLUVBABY
well my hope is koncz sheds a light on what is really going on in the camp of manny pac... i'm sure he'll have his side of the story with some extra info soon enough if this is true... lol... very interesting...
Seek
There is clearly some very strange activity going on in Manny's team. Even in a recent interview, Floyd said that "they(pacquiao) went behind Bob Arum and tried to negotiate a deal directly with me." Also there are far fetched rumors that Pacquiao wants to fight Floyd once he is out of contract with Bob. Makes sense because Pacquiao doesn't need Bob anymore. He can pull a De la Hoya or Mayweather at this point in his career
The CEO
As predicted....Ariza is next in The Fall Guy Order...

QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 6 2010, 02:40 PM) *
...and if it's something you can't blame on Arum...Koncz, Ariza, Buboy, or Roach will gladly take the fall...

The Honorable Emmanuel Dapridan Pacquiao is beyond reproach.

It would be great to see, but I'm not expecting ANY bombshells from Koncz AGAINST Pacquiao....he's taken care of.
Method
Laughing at the "Would like to hear from BuBoy" comment. For some reason, he reminds me of the "Lennie" character from "Of Mice and Men".
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 18 2011, 11:58 AM) *
Laughing at the "Would like to hear from BuBoy" comment. For some reason, he reminds me of the "Lennie" character from "Of Mice and Men".

lennie from laverne and shirley sounds about right too but i feel ya... lol...
The CEO
LOL...either Lennie or the manservant from this movie.

I was crying when he threw him the scraps...
mexi-cutioner
Or Lenny from The Simpsons sounds about right
gravytrain
you cats have it all wrong, Buboy is the maintenance man from Good Times. fat, always coming around for food and dude really just occupies a couple minutes of the show.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 18 2011, 03:13 PM) *
you cats have it all wrong, Buboy is the maintenance man from Good Times. fat, always coming around for food and dude really just occupies a couple minutes of the show.

DAMN! Wrong so wrong. I was thinking more on the lines of Tyrone from Snatch...
gravytrain
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 18 2011, 12:39 PM) *
As predicted....Ariza is next in The Fall Guy Order...

It would be great to see, but I'm not expecting ANY bombshells from Koncz AGAINST Pacquiao....he's taken care of.

the S&C coach only takes the fall when someone gets busted for doping lol.
Hotsauce
Arum disputes claim of Koncz's firing

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168093-...-konczs-firing-
Hops
I've read it has something to do with Koncz not doing well with Pacquiao's promotional company. Think Greenburg on a smaller scale.
JONdaCON817
yea boxingscene is claimin he isnt fire... WTF?! juss fire everyone and start from scratch.
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
We'll know within the next few days
thehype
KONCZ FIRED? NOT SO FAST SAYS ARUM, BUT THERE'S MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

Earlier today, the internet was buzzing with news that Manny Pacquiao had fired long-time adviser Michael Koncz. According to a report by Manny Pinol of Philboxing.com, reliable sources informed him that Pacquiao had finally "dismissed Michael Koncz as his business advisor and manager of MP Promotions for a litany of missteps and blunders". Lem Satterfield of RingTV.com would later confirm the report as well, also citing a source in Pacquiao's camp. The shocking news prompted several reporters to reach out to Koncz throughout the day, but there was no official response from any member of Team Pacquiao...until now. According to both Koncz and promoter Bob Arum, the news of his departure was nothing more than a rumor started by certain individuals who are jealous of his relationship with Pacquiao and gunning for his job.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10343.html
Romulus9
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 18 2011, 12:58 PM) *

Probably the best literary reference in the history of this forum.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 18 2011, 11:58 AM) *

Well he definitely wouldn't be my first choice but he is manny's chief second and the person that's been with his camp the longest. I would think he would be able to answer the question of if koncz was still sleeping at the foot of manny's bed. Looks like I thought though, just more hype to get people talking about Pac.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.