Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Few HW fights that went under the radar...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BGv2.0
Just curious if these fights hold any bearing or tell us anything new about this dredful division. I suppose the fact that nobody brought these up speaks volumes, but considering these are some known names and multiple fights...I think they are worth mentioning.

Chris Arreola W10 over Friday Ahunanya

Robert Helenius TKO 9 Sam Peter

Evander Holyfield TKO 10 Brian Neilson

Michael Grant TKO 3 Tye Fields

A couple of these go back to March/April....but I think with the division being so weak as well as the Klit/Haye fighting being the most covered HW situation, a few of these may have gone unnoticed.

Just wondering if anybody actually saw any of these and if anybody looked impressive or anything or interest.

Did Sam Peter look shot? Or is that Helenius dude that damn huge/good?

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 20 2011, 05:45 PM) *
Just curious if these fights hold any bearing or tell us anything new about this dredful division. I suppose the fact that nobody brought these up speaks volumes, but considering these are some known names and multiple fights...I think they are worth mentioning.

A couple of these go back to March/April....but I think with the division being so weak as well as the Klit/Haye fighting being the most covered HW situation, a few of these may have gone unnoticed.

Just wondering if anybody actually saw any of these and if anybody looked impressive or anything or interest.

Didn't see the thinner Arreola.

Holy smokes did not know Peter lost.

Saw Grant wreck Fields.

Heard about Holyfield, but didn't see any of it.
gravytrain
i think Helenius has potential. he just isn't ready for the Klits yet. i didn't expect him to stop Peter so that says something for him, Peter has been looking worse and worse though.

Holyfield is fighting to pay bills so i don't care about his old ass.

i don't really care about what Arreola does unless it's fight a Klitschko.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 20 2011, 04:03 PM) *
i think Helenius has potential. he just isn't ready for the Klits yet. i didn't expect him to stop Peter so that says something for him, Peter has been looking worse and worse though.

Holyfield is fighting to pay bills so i don't care about his old ass.

i don't really care about what Arreola does unless it's fight a Klitschko.

Whats up gravy? Damn you are one prolific poster. 2000 post in one year, damn. You are no joke, I'm just kidding just busting your balls. But damn where do you get the time to post so much, you have an opinion on everything. You are the rookie of the year for sure.
gravytrain
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 20 2011, 07:17 PM) *
Whats up gravy? Damn you are one prolific poster. 2000 post in one year, damn. You are no joke, I'm just kidding just busting your balls. But damn where do you get the time to post so much, you have an opinion on everything. You are the rookie of the year for sure.

it's called being a young stud on top of your game.

True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 20 2011, 04:35 PM) *

You definitely are on top of it. Keep it up. But make sure to have a life outside of this. Don't let it consume your life youngbuck.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 20 2011, 06:35 PM) *

LOL... Way to pat yourself on the bacc Gravy.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jul 20 2011, 05:04 PM) *
LOL... Way to pat yourself on the bacc Gravy.

It's spelled BACK, not bacc. What are you some wannabe gangbanger. Lol
Charlie
Word on the streets is that Helenius got an absolutely beating from Haye in sparring. He looked OK vs Peter, but far from spectacular. Peter looked shot.

I'm looking forward to Fury vs Chisora.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 20 2011, 01:45 PM) *

Arreola has yet to get in shape but he would definitely have a better chance v the Wlad half of The Siamese Klit.

Helenius is "that damn huge" but not that good, yet.
JLUVBABY
too bad grants not staying active... probably too late now anyway but he could still make some noise with whats out there...
Charlie
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 21 2011, 04:29 AM) *
too bad grants not staying active... probably too late now anyway but he could still make some noise with whats out there...

Grant never had much going for him other than his size. He is chinny, lacks coordination, and has psychological issues. If he were a smaller guy, he'd be a nobody.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Charlie @ Jul 21 2011, 12:28 PM) *
Grant never had much going for him other than his size. He is chinny, lacks coordination, and has psychological issues. If he were a smaller guy, he'd be a nobody.

but he's not smaller and he did have athleticism going for him at his best... im not saying he'd beat the klits but at his best he'd beat most if not all the other guys in the division right now... just my opinion.
EAlbian
Arreola sucks, Grant is past it(Golata fight was fun), Helerius needs a new trainer but has some potential.

I think Deontay Wilder has more potential than all of them. Seth Mitchell might be a legit shot at being a hungry contender, dude seems like he wants it and has a little mean-ness.

Haye with his poor performance still has the best shot at challenging a Klit, had he left booth and come to the states years ago he may have been the talk of boxing right now.

Give me Areolla vs Mansour someone is getting KTFO... ESPN needs to put money in Mansour, he could build a cult following.

Give me Mitchell vs Thompson.. Lets see if he's the goods

Give me Adamek vs Haye

Cunningham vs Diemtrenko

There needs to be a heavyweight tourney done on a TV outlet, someone will emerge and a meaningful fight might actually come of it. Let the Klits fight Adamek and the Chisora vs Fury winner. That takes up the rest of 2011. These other guys need to fight each other instead of wait for a Klit fight and try and survive against one of them, what happened to earning fights? thats what this division has been missing since the mid 90's
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Jul 21 2011, 01:38 PM) *
Arreola sucks, Grant is past it(Golata fight was fun), Helerius needs a new trainer but has some potential.

I think Deontay Wilder has more potential than all of them. Seth Mitchell might be a legit shot at being a hungry contender, dude seems like he wants it and has a little mean-ness.

Haye with his poor performance still has the best shot at challenging a Klit, had he left booth and come to the states years ago he may have been the talk of boxing right now.

Give me Areolla vs Mansour someone is getting KTFO... ESPN needs to put money in Mansour, he could build a cult following.

Give me Mitchell vs Thompson.. Lets see if he's the goods

Give me Adamek vs Haye

Cunningham vs Diemtrenko

There needs to be a heavyweight tourney done on a TV outlet, someone will emerge and a meaningful fight might actually come of it. Let the Klits fight Adamek and the Chisora vs Fury winner. That takes up the rest of 2011. These other guys need to fight each other instead of wait for a Klit fight and try and survive against one of them, what happened to earning fights? thats what this division has been missing since the mid 90's

this is a hard message to reply to cuzz we talking the heavies... lol... but i feel like this... as i said before... areolla is the kind of fighter that would give wlad hell... so naturally they fed him to vitali... thompson is the kind of fighter that would have given vitali more problems... well you get the picture... until a fighter emerges that is capable of fighting either we as fans are stuck with a stagnant division... that or till someone has the balls to stand up to wlad and not take the little brother big brother shit they pull in the contracts when a fighters signs to fight wlad...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 21 2011, 03:24 PM) *
this is a hard message to reply to cuzz we talking the heavies... lol... but i feel like this... as i said before... areolla is the kind of fighter that would give wlad hell... so naturally they fed him to vitali... thompson is the kind of fighter that would have given vitali more problems... well you get the picture... until a fighter emerges that is capable of fighting either we as fans are stuck with a stagnant division... that or till someone has the balls to stand up to wlad and not take the little brother big brother shit they pull in the contracts when a fighters signs to fight wlad...

i don't think that's going to happen. until Vitali retires anyone that's a bad match up for Wlad is going to be fighting Vitali. i don't think that version of Arreola would give Wlad problems though

QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 20 2011, 07:52 PM) *
You definitely are on top of it. Keep it up. But make sure to have a life outside of this. Don't let it consume your life youngbuck.

lol. i'm not a nerd. i work from home so i'm usually on the computer anyway, this is just about the only thing i get on besides youtube. that and i'm pretty young compared to most of you cats so the kids and wife shit isn't part of the equation.

True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 21 2011, 02:42 PM) *
lol. i'm not a nerd. i work from home so i'm usually on the computer anyway, this is just about the only thing i get on besides youtube. that and i'm pretty young compared to most of you cats so the kids and wife shit isn't part of the equation.

You work from home? How awesome. Does that mean you collect unemployment or you sell drugs? Just kidding dude, just busting balls. Keep it up. Whatever makes you money. Just make time for the honeys too, fighthype will always be here.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 21 2011, 04:42 PM) *
i don't think that's going to happen. until Vitali retires anyone that's a bad match up for Wlad is going to be fighting Vitali. i don't think that version of Arreola would give Wlad problems though

i say even the fat arreola gives wlad problems cuzz he keeps coming and he showed vs vitali that he can take a hellava punch... he would be a nightmare for wlad win or lose... dont get it twisted... vitali is the better fighter of the two... chris would be more of a nightmare for wlad than we saw him in vs sam peter.... he'd keep coming... all night long...
EAlbian
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 22 2011, 08:47 AM) *
i say even the fat arreola gives wlad problems cuzz he keeps coming and he showed vs vitali that he can take a hellava punch... he would be a nightmare for wlad win or lose... dont get it twisted... vitali is the better fighter of the two... chris would be more of a nightmare for wlad than we saw him in vs sam peter.... he'd keep coming... all night long...

No seriously arreola sucks, the division is just so bad that he's actually a contender. Wlad destroys him worse then Vitali did. Wlad has one punch KO power in his right and if you watched the Adamek fight you'd know he eats those for lunch. Mitchell, Arreola, Thompson, chambers, and Mansour(maybe in 2 fights) need to have a box off for the next American to get a shot. Someone needs to go in tough and earn something. Throw steviern in there too idc, but it needs to be a challenging fight. I'm sick of seeing Arreola beat a scrub and earn a title shot, throw him in there with peters shot ass. The problem is these guys build themselves up off of a feast of never beens and then they are ready for a shot at Klits. Adamek is the only guy who actually has earned a shot by going in tough against Arreola
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Jul 22 2011, 12:41 PM) *
No seriously arreola sucks, the division is just so bad that he's actually a contender. Wlad destroys him worse then Vitali did. Wlad has one punch KO power in his right and if you watched the Adamek fight you'd know he eats those for lunch. Mitchell, Arreola, Thompson, chambers, and Mansour(maybe in 2 fights) need to have a box off for the next American to get a shot. Someone needs to go in tough and earn something. Throw steviern in there too idc, but it needs to be a challenging fight. I'm sick of seeing Arreola beat a scrub and earn a title shot, throw him in there with peters shot ass. The problem is these guys build themselves up off of a feast of never beens and then they are ready for a shot at Klits. Adamek is the only guy who actually has earned a shot by going in tough against Arreola

dont get me wrong... im not saying arreola is no wheres near the shit.... but his come forward style willing to eat some leather is just the type of style needed to beat wlad... its a crude way to get the job done but its been the style to beat wlad each time he's lost minus the purity fight where he just got tired...
gravytrain
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 21 2011, 10:30 PM) *
You work from home? How awesome. Does that mean you collect unemployment or you sell drugs? Just kidding dude, just busting balls. Keep it up. Whatever makes you money. Just make time for the honeys too, fighthype will always be here.

i don't know how i manage to do anything after posting on here 6 times a day.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 22 2011, 08:47 AM) *

he got caught every time he stepped towards Vitali. i think either one kicks his ass. with how easy it's to mess his face up i wouldn't be surprise if the doc stops it with Wlad.
King Eugene
Speaking of HW's Calvin Brock has been back training at my gym for a possible comeback if he can get in shape per him. I thought about asking my coach could I spar with him while he's still out of shape and then I remembered this.

Didn't realize the power those HW's contain til you see it live and in person.
King Eugene
For the record I hate Eddie Chambers!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 12 2011, 03:43 AM) *
I had no idea that Tua and Barret are fighting tomorrow. Only found out when I went onto my betting site, and saw a line for this fight.

The odds on Barrett (at least in NZ) are good. Paying 4 bucks I think for the win. barrett floored Tua in their last fight and Tua only just beat the 10 count. Tua's legs appear to be gone as is his chin and his punching power.

The weigh-in today Tua looked a little heavy and Barrett looked in tremendous shape. Although I hate doing it I may may lay some money on Barrett tomorrow and take advantage of the silly odds here in NZ.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 12 2011, 10:19 AM) *
I'm shocked and dismayed, Ollie. scare.gif

So am I Beardo but it is what it is.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Fitz I hope you took my advice, Barrett by UD although surviving a scary knock down in the 12th round from a left hook (what else?) How he got up God only knows. A deserved win.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 13 2011, 09:46 AM) *
True, because Barrett has no motherfucking idea how he ended up on his feet at the end. There is an omnipotent being.

Did you see it? That left hook in the 12th that caught Barrett on the way down was reminiscent of the hook he caught Ruiz with. How the fuck he got up I'll never know, and neither does Barrett. As soon as the fight was over he virtually collapsed at the end and I was a little worried for him there for a minute.

But overall he did a good job and can thank his lucky stars that once again Tua did the bulk of his training at Burger King listening to his James Toney motivational weight loss DVD's whilst detroying a legion of Whoppers.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 13 2011, 09:12 AM) *
LMFAO, yeah I saw it. Tua almost pulled that out his prodigious ass. I think Barrett was still in lala land when they announced the decision, then he wasn't sure if he had died and gone to heaven or hell. That whole accumulation of blows in the 12th was just brutal. Barrett should have taken a knee before he got knocked completely out the other side of The Land of Twitch.

Yeah even at the post fight interview he still had no idea where he was. You're right I think he thought the rapture had arrived and indeed he had gone to the promised land. All he kept jabbering on about was how he was bankrupt and had been thrown out of his apartment and that Jesus had saved him, and after watching him get up from that left hook maybe miracles do happen.

No doubt Monte won, clearly won on points, yet after that interview I'm not sure he really won, if you know what I mean.

I bet he's gonna wake up back in America sometime next week and go "where am I and what happened?" laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 13 2011, 05:45 PM) *
I didn't Ollie sad.gif

I saw the odds, remembered what you said, but never got around to it. The sad part is, just not I spent about 20 minutes putting some bets on. I'm confident in a Mares decision, so I put some money on that just now, which was paying $2.00.

Then I started putting on some multi bets (parlay's to the Americans) revolving around a Mares decision, and some gambles on some AFL games today. If the Barret fight hadn't been over, I would have remembered what you said and put that in one of my multi's. Fucking hell, too late.

That's s shame Monte was paying pretty good odds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.