Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paulie Mallinagi vs Devon Alexander
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
Just read alexander vs mallinagi is a distinct possibility for early next year... i like the fight personally and think its a good fight for paulie.. whats you guys thoughts on this fight?... alex./mall.
Romulus9
Considering the fact that Alexander has gotten two gifts in his last two fights in St. Louis, I guess it'll all depend on where the fight is. No fighter worth a damn should ever go to fight him in St. Louis. That's for sure.

I do know one thing. Taking the over will be the best bet you can make.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 21 2011, 06:42 AM) *
Just read alexander vs mallinagi is a distinct possibility for early next year... i like the fight personally and think its a good fight for paulie.. whats you guys thoughts on this fight?... alex./mall.

Proof positive that Alexander has lost his last 3 fights, and has dropped to the 2nd tier (no matter what the official outcomes were).
True-Boxing-Fan
In a wierd way I like this fight. Two feather fisted guys going at it. In the beginning of his career i couldnt stand Malignaggi, his loud mouth no power punching style, but within time i have grown to really like him and his featherfisted style. To me he is a really good guy when he turns off his bravado and talks real. On the other hand i cant stand Devon Alexander. He was billed as a Cory Spinks with power. Well i have never like Spinks style and never will, plus Devon KO of Urango was overblown. If the fight is in St. Louis which i really hope it wont be i prolly got to go with Alexander, since they are always so bias in judging his fights there. And i cant say Malignaggi would knock him out. So in St. Louis i got to go with ALexander in this one but anywhere else give me Maliginaggi. I really think Malignaggi can really box his ears off in this one if he is one his game.
D-MARV
Devon by a wide decision!
caneman
Devon should win fairly easily via UD...MAYBE late stoppage if Devon jumps on the gas and don't get off of it!
Lil-lightsout
I would rather watch a replay of Haye-Klit than this fight.

I would say Devon wins this by competitive decision.
BoxingWizard23
SMH @ this fight. Devon should fight Mosley so he can get KO'd then again Mosley might be so shot he won't be able to land his punches. Alexander wins this. Why Paulie just Why? If Alexander didn't have the chin he had he would have gotten KO'd in his performance against Lucas.
Eighty88Eight
i hate these guys, i hope they both get knocked out on the first punch they throw.
JONdaCON817
This is like asking who youd rather sleep with between Rosy O'Donnel and Roseanne. And they both have yeast infections.

Gimme Devon by late stoppage, Paulie hits like a Butterfly.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 21 2011, 10:04 AM) *
Proof positive that Alexander has lost his last 3 fights, and has dropped to the 2nd tier (no matter what the official outcomes were).

oh he lost em... lol... no doubt...
JLUVBABY
im reading and a few of you guys dont like the fight but i think style wise it could shape up to be a pretty good srcap... that said i think if it goes down mall. outboxes him... like some has said tho i hope its in a neutral site...
Hittman25
If this fight goes down its gonna be a snooze unless devon pressures alot more kinda like he did against mathysse but he needs work on it but i doubt he does pressure i see this as a boxing chess match witch means a snooze fest
Jack 1000
If it's a neutral site, I'll say Paulie wins a SD.

If it's in St. Louis, the best Paulie gets is losing on a majority decision.

I agree, if you want fair treatment, Don't fight Alexander in St. Louis.

Jack
SENTRAL
Alexander has reached his level and Malignaggi is a busted flush. This fight makes sense and the loser is finished at world level.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 21 2011, 01:23 PM) *
im reading and a few of you guys dont like the fight but i think style wise it could shape up to be a pretty good srcap... that said i think if it goes down mall. outboxes him... like some has said tho i hope its in a neutral site...

it could be a decent fight but this is a lot more than a fight, Alexander has gone from #2 in the division to barely relevant. if he doesn't legitimately win this one i don't expect to hear from him for awhile. i think this fight is just a testament to how much he's fell off. i haven't even heard anything about Malignaggi after the Khan fight.
P4pking313
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 21 2011, 10:42 AM) *

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 21 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Alexander easy.

Also, you don't knock Urango out being feather fisted. Alexander lacks urgency and doesn't always sit down on punchers, and been very disappointing recently. He isn't a devastating puncher, but not feather fisted either. But Alexander wins this one easily.

easy win young fitz?... lol... i hope we get to find out... i agree with what someone else said in an earlier thread tho... id like to see this fight as a under card fight on a big card or at best a co head liner.... really it would make a great espn 2 fight but we'll never see a fight like this on espn 2... id be shocked...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 21 2011, 06:31 PM) *
Alexander easy.

Also, you don't knock Urango out being feather fisted. Alexander lacks urgency and doesn't always sit down on punchers, and been very disappointing recently. He isn't a devastating puncher, but not feather fisted either. But Alexander wins this one easily.

I do not think "easy" will be happening. Like you said he has been very disappointing lately and I think Paulie could at least make it competitive. I also have not seen Alexander show any of that type of "Urango" pop as of late. That said this fight will be a boring bunch of slaps.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jul 21 2011, 03:07 PM) *
and the loser is finished at world level.

And so is the winner laugh.gif
D-MARV
I'm actually surprised that so many people think this fight would be close...

Does Malignaggi even hold any advantages in this fight?

But the boxing world can be cruel at times... You fight two very competitive fights against two really good fighters and get the nod, you immediately become overrated and all of a sudden you're a bum!

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 22 2011, 04:49 AM) *
I'm actually surprised that so many people think this fight would be close...

Does Malignaggi even hold any advantages in this fight?

But the boxing world can be cruel at times... You fight two very competitive fights against two really good fighters and get the nod, you immediately become overrated and all of a sudden you're a bum!

i feel what you sayin marv... my thing is this... i dont see alexander as a fighter who's skills are progressing.. even in losing affairs (or close affairs if we want to call em that... lol...) i honestly feel he's lost his last 3 fights... he is reminding me a lot of jermain taylor in the sense of it seems his skills have peaked and are not getting any sharper... well we know what mallinaggi can do at his best... mallinaggi if he shows up on his game is capable of giving alexander fits in that ring... i think people sleep on mall. cuzz of his lack of punching power but from what i see of alexander, and i could be dead wrong, but from what i feel i see alexander would be easy pickings for mallinagis defensive boxing style.. alexander grunts everytime he throws a punch... all paulie would have to do is start timing those grunts and its a wrap for alexander.... but thats just it... thats the way i see it... this is a very solid CROSSROADS fight... and it wont be easy for either guy...
Prov0
Paulie vs Devon. Well nobody is getting knocked out lol .both cant hit .Alexander wins by UD. I do think Paulie might give him trouble Devon has been looking like shit lately .
sduck
I honestly hate the way Devon fights. Way too tense which is why he burns out so fast and his punches become totally ineffective. I think Devon will win this one, but not easily.
mexi-cutioner
Definitely seeing a closer fight than most expect. I can see either fighter winning a close UD, however I predict Alexander will take it.
Sicko
Devon is not that good...but he would beat Paulie, he would be able to WALK PAST all of Paulie punches and probably Knock Him Out
and the NEW
Alexander is quick as hell and has a great work ethic. Unfortunately, he has close to 0 knowledge of the boxing game and as such, has very little skill.

On the other hand, Malignaggi has knowledge of the boxing game, but has little natural ability to work with.

Not overly interested in this fight. Who trains Alexander BTW? Would love to see him hook up with somebody good, or maybe he just doesn't learn well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.