Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zab, Roach, Khan, Ariza, and other thoughts
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
I am hoping Zab beats the living snot out of Amir. This guy only talked about his future bouts. I wonder what round Zab will have the best chance of knocking this dude back to Bolton? I am going with the 5th for the fight to open up.

Freddie Roach has been really quiet with this whole firing on Michael K. And Arum is not jabbering off at the mouth either, hummmmm

Ariza: This guy has to be one of the mos insignificant people in Khan's camp simply because he toots his own horn about being this amazing nutritionist or trainer (strengthening). I wonder will Ariza be next out of the Pac camp

My last thought: If Khan wins how far does his stock rise and where does Zab go from there? If Zab wins who will be next for him? Devon Alexander or Bradely? That would be a good fight.
Hops
Roach and Koncz hate each other. Roach is rolling on the floor laughing his ass out.

Khan will beat the shit out of Zab and say "God bless America!".

I thought Ariza has a degree in nutrition science or whatever.

Fuck Bradley. Nobody should fight him.

PColeman28
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 21 2011, 03:53 PM) *
If Khan loses, again it depends on how it happens. If he gets brutally KOed, he may end up with the loser of Peterson v Cayo or he could end up with Alexander also. If Zab manages to pull this off in any fashion, Ramming Speed is the logical opponent or the winner of Guerrero v Maidana.

i can see it happening like this if kahn loses it all depends on how it happens i can see either loser of this fight fighting alexander next but both would destroy alexander imo...if zab wins i would like to see him fight bradley and beat him....but i guess we'll see what happens
Cshel86
Im really hoping that Zab pulls it off...just for the sake of getting a few more good fights before he hangs 'em up for good. He will have to pull the trigger before the 6th round though. Im hoping that it will be one of those grueling, fight to the death, fights, but that wont be good for Zab even if he wins that way. It will get him better fights in the division, but we cant look past the wear-and-tear that he's endured over the years from those grueling fights.

On the other hand, if Khan wins, then he will be one step closer to PPV stardom...something that 90% of these rising stars lack. These guys in the 140 lb division should have had a few PPV mainevents lined up, but they are fucking up trying to go after the money fights (Pac and May), when they have hardley gotten their feet wet. Let's be honest, there are more rising stars at 140 who could've have made for great PPV events, that would have made us forget about welterweight and up. The only two that made that happen was Morales and Maidana, but if Khan wins, then he will be that much closer to more stars stepping up.

The sport is wearing thin of "able-bodied" PPV stars, especially since everybody is past 30 and only has a few more fights left before they hang 'em up.

Mayweather (inactive too often and getting older...probably wont fight too much longer)
Pacquiao (running out of credible, ticket-selling opponents, and he's also getting a bit older)
Ortiz (has earned a PPV slot...good start)
Berto (not a PPV attraction yet...cant stop fighting tomato cans)
Marquez (almost time to hang 'em up, but he still sells tickets)
Martinez (seems to be avoided lately)
P. Williams (SMH...never)
Margarito (always needs a dance partner, getting older)
Cotto (has a few fights left, getting older though)

These guys at 140 were supposed to tell the future of the next PPV stars, but Khan is the only one that seems to have a solid fan base. What ever happened to rivalries like De La Hoya, Vargas, Trinidad, Mayorga, Wright, Hopkins, Gatti, Taylor, Mosley, Morales, Barrera, Pacquiao, that made the sport big? These new dudes just want money, and they are killing the sport, smh. It's seems like the older fighters have to come out of the grave or retirement, just to make people want to watch boxing again. Khan and Judah have their hands full this weekend.
zucrates
QUOTE (Hops @ Jul 21 2011, 06:58 PM) *
Roach and Koncz hate each other. Roach is rolling on the floor laughing his ass out.

Khan will beat the shit out of Zab and say "God bless America!".

I thought Ariza has a degree in nutrition science or whatever.

Fuck Bradley. Nobody should fight him.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/boxi...ather-ped-abuse
Khan Looking way past Zab but this one might be one for the books! aggressive.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.