Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 26 Million Reasons To Fire Arum (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Eight divisonal champ, fighter of the year, Mr. Pay per View and the good guy of boxing, Mr. Endorsement is only worth 26 million dollars. That is more money than I will ever have but if I am Manny Pac someone has some explaining to do. He should be in the 100 million sector. He sold out Dallas Stadium he broke these pay per view records someone please help me understand. Pac just got Tysoned! Arum and Koncz Don Kinged him. I hope he can get some money back. Well I can see why he did not want to take the blood test, he can't afford it. Pac needs to clean house and Leave Theft Rank
Charlie
I think he has a bit more than $26mil, I suspect that whoever produced that figure does not have the full story.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 21 2011, 11:40 PM) *
Well I can see why he did not want to take the blood test, he can't afford it.

laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
you'd think, even with the money that pac has generated in his last few fights, and even with all the money he has to shell off the top to others before he gets his cut, that he's be worth a lot more than 26 million (if that figure is even accurate or true)... the guy has had endorsements both nationally and abroad for some time now to go with the money he's made with his fights... what would be sad is if people had their hands dipped into PERCENTAGES of his endorsement money... that would be sad to hear bout the guy... whats crazy, and the floyd haters wont like this and i'd have to find the vid tho i know most have seen it is that floyd said this about the guy close to 2 years ago... he was laughed off as a ducker and a dodger but its an old video of pbf telling what was going on with pacs finances... how is another fighter gonna know more about whats going on with finances than the actual fighter does??? is that crazy or what?... but that speaks volumes as to what is really going on in team pac and i read an article by..... wanna say it was bob arum where he was talking about... hold on imma post it..... link to what im saying ok... bob was discussing the ali camp and how it was full of people jockin for the money positions... well, the point is where did it leave ali?... it left him a 2nd class citizen at best till public interest rose again in him and they made that movie and built that beautiful building in his honor in louisville ky and he got some major endorsement deals... now he is worth multi millions again... not saying pac is anywhere close to ali in greatness or anything else but you can make the parallel... and for what its worth... 26 million goes along way in the phillipines.. just saying... lol...
salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 22 2011, 01:02 AM) *
Breathe . . . 26 million is still plenty.

If $26MM is all he's got (assuming he hasn't pissed it away himself), then somebody needs to go to jail. If this new firm has any real forensic accountants then someone will - unless Arum is flagrantly taking 50% of Pac's purses up front.

Boxing is a shitty sport where you can be a freaking congressman and still get blindly screwed over by your promoter in broad daylight.

On a side note, I just heard that Tiger Woods' caddy got paid over $8MM over the past 12 years working for Tiger. Then Tiger fires him and now this guy is bitching about Tiger? This guy should be on his knees praying at the Church of Tiger for the rest of his life - and so should anyone who won the Pac lottery.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 22 2011, 09:24 AM) *
Assets - Liabilities = 26 million.

Why do you think he just hired a company with warehouses full of accountants in MannyLand? I can assure you that they have little creatures crawling up Arum's ass as we speak.

We have no idea what Manny is worth. He probably owns or is a partner in several ventures (including VisionQwest) that are showing little to 0 profit. Personally, that's why I hire the best, most anal and loyal accountants that I can find. The last thing that I give a shit about is what people think I'm worth.

Pac is doing just fine.

It seems to me that Pac should gross over $26 million per year but I guess we will see in a few months! I hope Arum gets fucked personally!

It's on record that Pacman made $60 million last year, gross but still!
caneman
Interesting list! http://www.therichest.org/sports/forbes-hi...-paid-athletes/

Last year was the $60 million year but this says $25 million from May to May!

salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 22 2011, 09:24 AM) *
Assets - Liabilities = 26 million.

Why do you think he just hired a company with warehouses full of accountants in MannyLand? I can assure you that they have little creatures crawling up Arum's ass as we speak.

We have no idea what Manny is worth. He probably owns or is a partner in several ventures (including VisionQwest) that are showing little to 0 profit. Personally, that's why I hire the best, most anal and loyal accountants that I can find. The last thing that I give a shit about is what people think I'm worth.

Pac is doing just fine.

It's easy to imagine Pac has made some stupid investment decisions in private companies. (I wonder how Philthy Rich Records is doing for Floyd - or Vargas' investment in the "telecom" company.) That said, Pac makes so much every time he fights guys like Marg, Clottey ect. because he doesn't have to pay them much relative to the total gross. Pac should have had $26MM after fighting Barrera, Morales, Marquez, and DLH. He should have at least 3 times that now after Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Marg, and Mosley.
Hops
Bob Arum gave him his due. But Pac's giving away hectares of land to the poor. And he's wondering where his money is going? Stupid.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Hops @ Jul 22 2011, 10:35 AM) *
Bob Arum gave him his due. But Pac's giving away hectares of land to the poor. And he's wondering where his money is going? Stupid.

I do not think it cost that much to buy land in his country maybe I am wrong. He got screwed and he is getting screwed. Nike, he walked away from Nike, who the hell walks away from Nike? He got Tysoned.
Hops
Yeah. Packy's screwing himself.
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 22 2011, 11:47 AM) *
I do not think it cost that much to buy land in his country maybe I am wrong. He got screwed and he is getting screwed. Nike, he walked away from Nike, who the hell walks away from Nike?

NOBODY WALKS AWAY FROM NIKE. If I were him. I'd have signed a contract w Nike that expired after a fight or two...THEN, fight lackluster dudes, kick almighty ass, and re-up for even more loot.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 21 2011, 10:40 PM) *
Eight divisonal champ, fighter of the year, Mr. Pay per View and the good guy of boxing, Mr. Endorsement is only worth 26 million dollars. That is more money than I will ever have but if I am Manny Pac someone has some explaining to do. He should be in the 100 million sector. He sold out Dallas Stadium he broke these pay per view records someone please help me understand. Pac just got Tysoned! Arum and Koncz Don Kinged him. I hope he can get some money back. Well I can see why he did not want to take the blood test, he can't afford it. Pac needs to clean house and Leave Theft Rank

how many pesos equal 26million dollars? lol.
BoxingWizard23
Pacman is a good brawler/fighter but a shitty businessman. The Phillipine dollar value sucks ass and so he will get less also since the US dollar has lost sum value also. Check the current economic currency ratings in the world. Currently it's projected and predicted that by 2015 or 2017 that the US dollar will lose it's muster and China will hold the highest ratings/value for it's currency in the world. Phillipines currency is terrible and it's value is even worse which is partially why the country hasn't developed mind that there is a lot of corruption going on there also.

Pacman is signed to 2 promotional companies which is the dumbest move a fighter can make (remember Donaire) he's signed to both GB and TR. Arum has been screwing fighters for years and Pacman will not be the last.

Anyways I think Arum is knowledgeable about Pac being suspicious about his real worth so he may now wants to cash in his cash cow next year when he fights May, it makes sense.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Aug 12 2011, 07:08 PM) *
Pacman is a good brawler/fighter but a shitty businessman. The Phillipine dollar value sucks ass and so he will get less also since the US dollar has lost sum value also. Check the current economic currency ratings in the world. Currently it's projected and predicted that by 2015 or 2017 that the US dollar will lose it's muster and China will hold the highest ratings/value for it's currency in the world. Phillipines currency is terrible and it's value is even worse which is partially why the country hasn't developed mind that there is a lot of corruption going on there also.

Pacman is signed to 2 promotional companies which is the dumbest move a fighter can make (remember Donaire) he's signed to both GB and TR. Arum has been screwing fighters for years and Pacman will not be the last.

Anyways I think Arum is knowledgeable about Pac being suspicious about his real worth so he may now wants to cash in his cash cow next year when he fights May, it makes sense.

in the last couple of years...he's been underpaid in comparison to his counterpart. he doesn't have the team to promote him properly so it makes sense that he sticks it out with arum. at this point though...arum should be giving pac his fair share of the pie.
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 21 2011, 11:40 PM) *

After taxes, and if all the recent stories emerging of Paq's caution-to-the-wind-no-matter-what-the-cost lifestyle, $26,000,000 cash is not out of question. Not at all. I dunno.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 12 2011, 08:55 PM) *
in the last couple of years...he's been underpaid in comparison to his counterpart. he doesn't have the team to promote him properly so it makes sense that he sticks it out with arum. at this point though...arum should be giving pac his fair share of the pie.

Pac's PPV sales in America have alays been a smidgen behind floyd's so it would make sense that Floyd would make more than him in that regard. Floyd is also American and Pac is not and can hardly speak great English (how much English he actually understands is a digfferent debate.)

I'd be interested to know what they make in global endorsements because here I think Pac is clearly the bigger draw. Why you would walk away from Nike though is just fucken nuts. I agree though, his team of advisors have definately not helped Manny maximise his earnings. They are amateurs, whereas Floyd uses Al Haymon who is not. And that has shown to make a big difference to the bottom line.
Hops
Bottom line is how much money these two guys can keep after they retire for good. This doesn't sound good for Floyd, though.
caneman

j/k
jlupi
blast from the past:

GL: Freddie, can you tell us why you will no longer be training Manny Pacquiao?

Freddie Roach: “The thing is, when Manny found out what he was making in his last fight he was really upset. He came to me and asked me if I could help him. He came to me and said. ‘coach can you help me because they’re stealing all my money.’ The first deal they told me he was making $300,000 and then when he signed the contract it said $700,000. And he found out about this like the day before the fight at the weigh-in. He asked me if I could help him and that’s when I got (attorney) Nick (Kahn) involved. And everything was going pretty well, Manny signed a letter that Murad Muhammad wasn’t allowed to negotiate with HBO for him anymore. And then we asked for the accounting of the last four fights of Manny that were in America. Because it isn’t this one fight, he’s been screwing him the whole time. Late last night I received a call from Nazario and it seems like someone influenced Manny so that he should stay with Murad Muhammad. Mr. Nazario informed us that this was their decision. We went through a lot of time and put in a lot of time to help Manny out. He came to me looking for help, and I like the kid a lot, but someone influenced him that this is the best way for him to go. And I think it’s a terrible decision for him to fight Juan Manuel Marquez in his first defense. That fight needs to be built up because nobody knows Marquez unless you’re a die-hard fan.”

GL: I’ve heard that Manny only took home $80,000 out of a potential $700,000 when he fought Barrera. Is that correct?

FR: That’s what I hear he took. The thing is, last night, Mr. Nazario told me Manny was paid $500,000 and not $300,000, so I’m not sure, the numbers have changed so I don’t know who to believe.

GL: When did Manny come to you and ask for help?

FR: At the weigh-in right before the fight. That’s where he signed the contract and that’s the first time that he saw that the number was $700,000. He asked me if I would be his manager and take care of his business for him to make sure they don’t steal his money from him. I did all of that, I wasn’t getting paid to do it and I wasn’t asking for anything. I just wanted to see this kid have a good life and end up wealthy, I don’t want to see him broke. With these people stealing the money that they’re stealing….I mean, they’re not just taking a little bit of money, they’re taking a big chunk of it. And for the Juan Manuel Marquez fight they’re offering him $1,000,000 and to me that fight’s worth much more than $1.000,000. It’s the toughest fight out there for him style wise, the guy is fighting another featherweight champion, but Manny is the one everybody knows, so why fight Marquez when could fight anybody out there? He could get $1,500,000 fight Paulie Ayala or Johnny Tapia, but instead they chose to fight Marquez for a million. To me something is fishy about that.

GL: Were you properly compensated for the Barrera fight?

FR: No. I was supposed to get 10% off the top and I only got $25,000. When he fought Lucero I made $6,000. So it’s not just Manny they’re stealing from, they’re stealing from me and anybody else who gets a percentage. Now Nazario tells me Manny made $500,000 instead of the $300,000. So, I’m asking him if that’s the case why didn’t I receive $50,000? Where’s my other $25,000? And I told Mr. Nazario that I couldn’t be with you guys anymore, because somebody is stealing all of the money and nobody being honest about where the money is going. Manny is being pressured to keep everything smooth. They called me today and told me they don’t want to break the team up, but the thing is, I got bills to pay too. And I should be compensated for the work I do. And right now when they’re stealing money from Manny they’re stealing money from me.

GL: So in other words, you will no longer work with Manny as long as he continues to allow himself to get robbed blind.

FR: Yes. And there’s no doubt about it, that’s what’s going to keep on happening until he decides to do something about it. If we could get an accountant involved to look at all of Manny’s fights with Murad Muhammad, you’ll find a lot of money missing.
Allmenjoi8
Interesting. Did he sign the contract for the upcoming fight? There seems to be a lot of distrust amongst his camp. Sucks.
thehype
QUOTE (jlupi @ Oct 28 2011, 06:54 PM) *
blast from the past:

The funny thing is that there are A LOT more of those blasts from the past than people remember or even know about. I've got ALL that stuff stored in an old database, so it's pretty easy for me to reference it whenever I have to. I may have to start pointing out some of that old stuff for a lot of these "new" fans of the sport.

laugh.gif
jlupi
Im getting old. seems like that happened 2 yrs ago LOL
9oz
I am really getting sick of this guys excuses. I don't blame Pac or Mayweather for this fight not happening. It's Bob Arum all they way. He will never make the fight because he can't control the whole promotion. He is only gonna match Pac with Top Rank fighters or fighter's whole leave their promotional company to sign with him on a one fight basis (Ex. Mosley & Marquez) or make a fight in Sergio Martinez suck down to 147, when he fought Magarito at 150 (165 on fight night). He doesn't wanna do a deal , because he is a greedy 80 year old man who despises Floyd, because he was smart enough to get the hell out and make millions without him. Now he is mad that Mayweather secured the MGM on May 5, 2012 and said that he wanted the fight with Pac. I heard him say on ESPN, "what about Cowboys Stadium". Dude everyone knows the fight was already planned for Vegas. Michael Koncz and Bob Arum are screwing Pac out of millions and don't want to risk their cash cow and share the money on the promotional side. Like i said its not Pac or Mayweather's fault. Bob Arum is never gonna make the fight. I don't wanna hear Floyd is scared or Pac is afraid needles, superstion bullcrap. Arum refuse to make the fight out of spite. As soon as Manny man's up and leaves Arum this fight will never happen. I started this tread because causal fan's dont understand the business side of boxing, hardcore know how the % work for fight and promoter. Casual fans just go off what the media say or what comes out of Bob Arum's mouth. He contradicts himself everyday. he always says his first priority is to make the Mayweather fight, but somehow he is gonna match Pac with Bradley who my grandma hits harder than. Thought people?

P.S. lets not bring race or any bullcrap to this topic. Nor any blame on Mayweather or Pac. Wanna hear thought's about Bob Arum.
thehype
QUOTE (9oz @ Nov 5 2011, 11:52 AM) *
I am really getting sick of this guys excuses. I don't blame Pac or Mayweather for this fight not happening. It's Bob Arum all they way. He will never make the fight because he can't control the whole promotion. He is only gonna match Pac with Top Rank fighters or fighter's whole leave their promotional company to sign with him on a one fight basis (Ex. Mosley & Marquez) or make a fight in Sergio Martinez suck down to 147, when he fought Magarito at 150 (165 on fight night). He doesn't wanna do a deal , because he is a greedy 80 year old man who despises Floyd, because he was smart enough to get the hell out and make millions without him. Now he is mad that Mayweather secured the MGM on May 5, 2012 and said that he wanted the fight with Pac. I heard him say on ESPN, "what about Cowboys Stadium". Dude everyone knows the fight was already planned for Vegas. Michael Koncz and Bob Arum are screwing Pac out of millions and don't want to risk their cash cow and share the money on the promotional side. Like i said its not Pac or Mayweather's fault. Bob Arum is never gonna make the fight. I don't wanna hear Floyd is scared or Pac is afraid needles, superstion bullcrap. Arum refuse to make the fight out of spite. As soon as Manny man's up and leaves Arum this fight will never happen. I started this tread because causal fan's dont understand the business side of boxing, hardcore know how the % work for fight and promoter. Casual fans just go off what the media say or what comes out of Bob Arum's mouth. He contradicts himself everyday. he always says his first priority is to make the Mayweather fight, but somehow he is gonna match Pac with Bradley who my grandma hits harder than. Thought people?

P.S. lets not bring race or any bullcrap to this topic. Nor any blame on Mayweather or Pac. Wanna hear thought's about Bob Arum.

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

I've been saying this for quite some time...and the funny thing is, I actually speak to the people in BOTH camps who are saying the exact same thing.

Unfortunately, Pacquiao will NEVER leave Bob Arum.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 5 2011, 12:10 PM) *
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

I've been saying this for quite some time...and the funny thing is, I actually speak to the people in BOTH camps who are saying the exact same thing.

Unfortunately, Pacquiao will NEVER leave Bob Arum.

What I'm trying to figure out, is what exactly does Arum have on Pacquiao ? He basically convinced the guy to disregard the VisionQuest investigation and as you say, Pacquiao will never even THINK of leaving Top Rank. What's the real story here ?
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 5 2011, 01:16 PM) *
What I'm trying to figure out, is what exactly does Arum have on Pacquiao ? He basically convinced the guy to disregard the VisionQuest investigation and as you say, Pacquiao will never even THINK of leaving Top Rank. What's the real story here ?

As much as people hate Arum...Im pretty sure there would be no Pacquiao, had it not been for Arum dntknw.gif
Jack 1000
Great interview by Ben with Alex Ariza here:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content1124...63b667985bd5d73

He gives several more great reason why Manny must leave Arum.

Jack
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 25 2011, 12:00 PM) *
Great interview by Ben with Alex Ariza here:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content1124...63b667985bd5d73

He gives several more great reason why Manny must leave Arum.

Jack

The question is, will he leave him? The article was great and to be honest with all the pressure that is on Arum he may have to just take the loss and make the fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.