Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
mexi-cutioner
Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions speculated yesterday at the Khan vs Judah post-fight press conference that junior welterweight Timothy Bradley has been promised a fight with Manny Pacquiao by Top Rank, and that he'll fight on the November 12 undercard of the Pacquiao vs Marquez III event in Las Vegas.

"What’s wrong with December [for a Khan vs Bradley fight]?" [Schaefer] asked aloud. "He’s not available in December? Probably not. Probably because he’s going to be fighting on the Pacquiao card and is promised the Pacquiao fight, that’s why. We don’t need to wait for that, that kind of bulls**t, that kind of plays and games, and so on. We’re in the boxing business. We’re not in the gaming business."

First of all, I love Schaefer's idea that "the boxing business" isn't filled with "plays and games and bulls**t," or, if more applicable, his idea that Golden Boy has never taken part in any of it. You might think that Schaefer wouldn't make this comment, considering it pretty much says that Top Rank did contact Timothy Bradley before Bradley's contract with Gary Shaw Productions and Thompson Boxing was up (which was heavily rumored, with Shaw serving papers to Top Rank, but never proven as true fact).

Though it's not confirmed or anything, it's something I've speculated for a while and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley fight Mike Jones on the undercard since Jones has been shortlisted by Arum as a possible opponent for Pac AND has a date on either the Nov.12 or Dec.3 PPV Card. If it is true, it does add some juice to the undercard which will already feature Brandon Rios vs either Katsidis or Kevin Mitchell.
thehype
LOL. Shhhhhhhhhhhh....don't say that too loud or Bradley might come out of hiding to deny that he's not doing anything with Top Rank.

laugh.gif
D-MARV
LOL... Makes sense if this is true.
SmartyBeardo
Promises, promises.

If Ramming Speed really had self-confidence, he would have fought Amere Con last night to build his marketability. Assuming he had been victorious, his negotiating position would have been much stronger for future fights. Even if he lost a tough fight, his marketability would have risen.

Instead he ducked out of the Amere Con fight in favor of sitting on his ass and becoming a non-factor. Everybody in the division has fought (at least once) or will shortly, besides Ramming Speed.

Maybe this is evolving toward Pac v Ramming Speed and FMJ v Amere Con. If Mike Jones is the bar Bradley must clear to get to Pac, it may be too high at WW.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 24 2011, 05:19 PM) *
Promises, promises.

If Ramming Speed really had self-confidence, he would have fought Amere Con last night to build his marketability. Assuming he had been victorious, his negotiating position would have been much stronger for future fights. Even if he lost a tough fight, his marketability would have risen.

Instead he ducked out of the Amere Con fight in favor of sitting on his ass and becoming a non-factor. Everybody in the division has fought (at least once) or will shortly, besides Ramming Speed.

Maybe this is evolving toward Pac v Ramming Speed and FMJ v Amere Con. If Mike Jones is the bar Bradley must clear to get to Pac, it may be too high at WW.

I agree, I can see Jones winning over Bradley and totally botching Top Rank's plans, but then again Jones did barely squeak a controversial decision over Jesus Soto-Karass in their first fight so maybe Top Rank sees soemthing we don't. More than anything, I"d like to see Bradley stay at 140 for atleast another fight and defend his titles on the undercard. .Only problem with that is there's a limited number of opposition he could face. Judah and Alexander r out of the picture, Morales, Guerrero, Maidana have fights in late August/September and Khan is slated to fight again in December. That leaves him with either Soto, Mike Alvarado, Danny Garcia or possibly Victor Cayo if he pulls the victory off over Peterson--and out of that pool only Soto would be a somewhat interesting fight on paper.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 24 2011, 05:34 PM) *
I agree, I can see Jones winning over Bradley and totally botching Top Rank's plans, but then again Jones did barely squeak a controversial decision over Jesus Soto-Karass in their first fight so maybe Top Rank sees soemthing we don't. More than anything, I"d like to see Bradley stay at 140 for atleast another fight and defend his titles on the undercard. .Only problem with that is there's a limited number of opposition he could face. Judah and Alexander r out of the picture, Morales, Guerrero, Maidana have fights in late August/September and Khan is slated to fight again in December. That leaves him with either Soto, Mike Alvarado, Danny Garcia or possibly Victor Cayo if he pulls the victory off over Peterson--and out of that pool only Soto would be a somewhat interesting fight on paper.

Chose to miss the boat is what he did. If Cayo beats Peterson (which I doubt), he would make a good opponent for the undercard of Pac v JMM.
kidbazooka1
Out of all the top fights Manny can fight Bradley has the least chance of beating him IMO.

I like Bradley but his lack of power coupled his willingnesss to stand and fight will hurt him big time against Manny.

Pac by brutal KO in 5.
Lil-lightsout
Two more fights and we will have an all new P4P king... and his name is Timothy "Ramming Speed" Bradley!!!
Lil-lightsout
Double post.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 25 2011, 01:06 AM) *
Two more fights and we will have an all new P4P king... and his name is Timothy "Ramming Speed" Bradley!!!

No we won't. I'm not even sure he beats Khan. Styles make fights and as much as Khan is hated on these boards I think his style would match favourably against Bradley.
Snoop
Well, it'd be the first live opponent we've seen Pac face in about two years. At least it's a start.
BoxingWizard23
Pacman should fight Martinez or Guerrero. The Terrorist is soft since he said he won't fight Pac becuz of their friendship. If he believes when they fight their friendship will end if they fought then their friendship is weak to begin with. Martinez is about the same size as Margarito and they had him come down to 154 then Roach claims he's too big when both him and Margs are about the same size. Jesus. Manny needs a new team PRONTO. These fucks are fucking up his legacy. Bradley is a terrible opponent for Pac who will not respect his power and just walk through him. I would like to see Pac fight Guerrero who I think is the biggest sleeper cell in boxing right now. This guy has been getting better and better. He's stepping up his opposition and has an array of skills. I think as he grows into the higher divisions his body will mature and he has the tools to give Pac problems without him just walking through everything. And he doesn't just always stand and trade which is Pac's kryptonite.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 25 2011, 12:03 AM) *
Pacman should fight Martinez or Guerrero. The Terrorist is soft since he said he won't fight Pac becuz of their friendship. If he believes when they fight their friendship will end if they fought then their friendship is weak to begin with. Martinez is about the same size as Margarito and they had him come down to 154 then Roach claims he's too big when both him and Margs are about the same size. Jesus. Manny needs a new team PRONTO. These fucks are fucking up his legacy. Bradley is a terrible opponent for Pac who will not respect his power and just walk through him. I would like to see Pac fight Guerrero who I think is the biggest sleeper cell in boxing right now. This guy has been getting better and better. He's stepping up his opposition and has an array of skills. I think as he grows into the higher divisions his body will mature and he has the tools to give Pac problems without him just walking through everything. And he doesn't just always stand and trade which is Pac's kryptonite.

Lol well they're both trained by Roach and Alex Ariza. If you can figure out a solution to this that will satisfy both fighters and their trainers i'd love to hear it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 25 2011, 02:03 AM) *
Martinez is about the same size as Margarito and they had him come down to 154 then Roach claims he's too big when both him and Margs are about the same size. Jesus. Manny needs a new team PRONTO. These fucks are fucking up his legacy.

If they are really honest I suspect Team Pac would admit taking on such a big guy like Marg was a mistake. Sure they won the fight but being unable to get out of bed for 2 days wasn't part of the plan. I think they recognised that anything over 150 is simply too big for Pac.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 08:26 AM) *
If they are really honest I suspect Team Pac would admit taking on such a big guy like Marg was a mistake. Sure they won the fight but being unable to get out of bed for 2 days wasn't part of the plan. I think they recognised that anything over 150 is simply too big for Pac.

Props for Manny moving up and taking on Margarito to become champion!!

If they were really honest Team Pac would admit despite size, taking on a much slower, weight drained, damaged fighter who was a criminal cheat at a 'catchweight' (that was never met) to claim 'history' in front of fans was no mistake! None what soever.

Pac fans like to bring up 'that punch' that 'hurt' Manny and his little trip to hospital to remind them it wasn't actually an entire farce. Like a fighter has never received a body shot or a fighter has never gone to the hospital after a fight!? Yet it gets mentioned how many times for this fight? I must of missed all of this punishment Pac copped against Margarito!

I think they recognized anyone over 150 who doesn't fit the criteria for his opponent is simply too 'big' for Pac!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 25 2011, 03:12 AM) *
Props for Manny moving up and taking on Margarito to become champion!!

If they were really honest Team Pac would admit despite size, taking on a much slower, weight drained, damaged fighter who was a criminal cheat at a 'catchweight' (that was never met) to claim 'history' in front of fans was no mistake! None what soever.

Pac fans like to bring up 'that punch' that 'hurt' Manny and his little trip to hospital to remind them it wasn't actually an entire farce. Like a fighter has never received a body shot or a fighter has never gone to the hospital after a fight!? Yet it gets mentioned how many times for this fight? I must of missed all of this punishment Pac copped against Margarito!

I think they recognized anyone over 150 who doesn't fit the criteria for his opponent is simply too 'big' for Pac!

I'm not sure what being slower, cheating, CW or even damaged fighter has to do with it. At the end of the day Margarito can still punch and I'm actually gonna pick him in the rematch with Cotto.

Did they cherry pick a shit fighter to wina meaningless title? yes. would they do it again if someone feather fisted like Yuri Foreman held a strap? Probably however watching that fight Manny was hurt more than once, although i think we can all agree about the 1 obvious time you are referring to.

It's common knowledge that he was in bed for a couple of days after the fight and he even cancelled one of those dinky concerts he likes to do after a fight. I still say he got hurt way more than they planned.

Surely everyone's got their ceiling? Or would you just expect Manny to keep going up and up and up? They tried fighting someone at 150 who has a decent punch with the safety net of knowing that the guy was slow and one dimensional should Manny get into trouble. They found out that 150 and above is going to be a stretch for Manny. And fighting someone who can really punch but has some speed and technique as well would be crazy.

For the record I would say the same for Floyd as well. These guys started at under 130 pounds and I for one don't expect them to just keep going up in weight and fighting bigger and bigger and bigger guys. In fact they're damn lucky they aren't fighting 10 years earlier when they would've had to fight Winky, Vernon, Vargas, Trinidad, De la Hoya and Vernon.
Fitz
Oh no. A fighter got hurt in a boxing fight and was sore the next day, need to make sure they can't let that happen again, lol.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 25 2011, 05:03 AM) *
Oh no. A fighter got hurt in a boxing fight and was sore the next day, need to make sure they can't let that happen again, lol.

Well fuck it then let's see Manny and Floyd fight at HW. You're right a little bruising shouldn't be a problem.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 02:10 AM) *
Well fuck it then let's see Manny and Floyd fight at HW. You're right a little bruising shouldn't be a problem.

in all seriousness, with the HW division being so fucking pathetic as it is, Floyd and manny could probably do some damage laugh.gif
and the NEW
This actually makes a bit of sense for Bradley to get Pac next given there is talk about Khan getting Mayweather next.

Which would could ruin a Mayweather V Pac superfight?
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 25 2011, 02:22 AM) *
This actually makes a bit of sense for Bradley to get Pac next given there is talk about Khan getting Mayweather next.

Which would could ruin a Mayweather V Pac superfight?

lol how anti-climactic would it be if bradley and khan both upset mayweather and pac and the superfight we were left with, after all the years of hype, was bradley vs khan. That'd be almost as bad as having to debate with snoop about..well anything
and the NEW
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 25 2011, 01:34 AM) *
I agree, I can see Jones winning over Bradley and totally botching Top Rank's plans

Are you and smarty for real? Mike Jones is as bigger hype job as they come. He is like the Michael Grant of the welterweights. Bradley will break him down easily.

Khan would beat Bradley in a close fight. Pac destroys Bradley. Khan gives Mayweather a lot of problems and potentially pulls the upset. Mayweather V Pac is down to the wire. That's how I see all these potential match-ups. And just while we are going around, if Mayweather V Bradley ever comes about, Mayweather wins easily.

Oh and Mayweather provides Ortiz with a boxing clinic.

That's how I see all these potential stylistic match-ups.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 25 2011, 02:36 AM) *
Are you and smarty for real? Mike Jones is as bigger hype job as they come. He is like the Michael Grant of the welterweights. Bradley will break him down easily.

Khan would beat Bradley in a close fight. Pac destroys Bradley. Khan gives Mayweather a lot of problems and potentially pulls the upset. Mayweather V Pac is down to the wire. That's how I see all these potential match-ups. And just while we are going around, if Mayweather V Bradley ever comes about, Mayweather wins easily.

Oh and Mayweather provides Ortiz with a boxing clinic.

That's how I see all these potential stylistic match-ups.

But I also did say that Jones did barely squeak by against soto karass. so while I can see Jones winning, it'll probably be bradley with the victory. Jones is hyped, but he's got fast hands, decent skills, good power and not to mention a 6 inch height advantage and reach on Bradley. He'll be much bigger than anyone Bradley has faced to date and I doubt Bradley is a heavier puncher than Soto Karass. I wouldn't put money on it, but If I had to I would put it down on Bradley with a decision victory... I just don't see it being as one sided as you believe in favor of Bradley.
and the NEW
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 25 2011, 10:56 AM) *
But I also did say that Jones did barely squeak by against soto karass.

Yes, that you did.

I'm just not sold on Jones. He does have the attributes you describe (less the skills).

He gets very sloppy as he tires and I think Bradley would force the pace with him.

Wouldn't be a blowout ala an early KO, but Bradley would work him over I think and show a real disparity in skills.
BigG
Bradley will beat the shit out of Jones similar to the way he beat Peterson.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 08:38 AM) *
I'm not sure what being slower, cheating, CW or even damaged fighter has to do with it. At the end of the day Margarito can still punch and I'm actually gonna pick him in the rematch with Cotto.

Did they cherry pick a shit fighter to wina meaningless title? yes. would they do it again if someone feather fisted like Yuri Foreman held a strap? Probably however watching that fight Manny was hurt more than once, although i think we can all agree about the 1 obvious time you are referring to.

It's common knowledge that he was in bed for a couple of days after the fight and he even cancelled one of those dinky concerts he likes to do after a fight. I still say he got hurt way more than they planned.

Surely everyone's got their ceiling? Or would you just expect Manny to keep going up and up and up? They tried fighting someone at 150 who has a decent punch with the safety net of knowing that the guy was slow and one dimensional should Manny get into trouble. They found out that 150 and above is going to be a stretch for Manny. And fighting someone who can really punch but has some speed and technique as well would be crazy.

For the record I would say the same for Floyd as well. These guys started at under 130 pounds and I for one don't expect them to just keep going up in weight and fighting bigger and bigger and bigger guys. In fact they're damn lucky they aren't fighting 10 years earlier when they would've had to fight Winky, Vernon, Vargas, Trinidad, De la Hoya and Vernon.

It has close to everything to do with it! I am also gonna pick him in the rematch with Cotto too! What does him being 'bigger' got to do with anything? It was still an atrocious fight against a guy that had no reason being inside the ring..specially on the biggest stage against the p4p king! I've seen many, many fans bring up Manny taking that body shot & going to the hospital as that is some form of credit to give him? So when I see some make it out like poor Manny copped a beating or even some form of punishment from Margs is not only inaccurate but also irrelevant. Manny clearly gave Margs a beating without getting touched too much in the process, yet many would think he came out of a war with Margs being hurt more than once and going to hospital!

That's my point to this. I don't think Manny was that hurt at all, nor was he hurt more than once either. Margs landed a good body shot somewhere in the middle-late rounds and that's about it. That's why I don't see you side of "he got hurt way more than they planned" because Margs landed a good shot compared to Pac's hundreds. How much planning can be done?

I don't expect Manny to keep moving up & up & up but if he does decide to take that road then yes, I do expect him to face the best like countless greats have done in the past! How many safety nets do you need when going for a title when that someone above 150 was a drained, damaged Margarito? Why is it so crazy Manny fights above 150 (or above Welterweight)? Why? Because he would not be unfairly advantaged over his opponent for once? Because he would actually get tested for once in the ring? Because he would actually lose? Is it a Risk? Yeah! Crazy? Not at all!

For the record I would and do say the same thing about Mayweather. Both have/can make the Junior Middleweight limit, both claim Junior Middleweight titles yet the idea of them moving up to face someone who posses a risk is quickly turned into an out of the question scenario.

Yes! Agree 100% with that man! They're very damn lucky they did not fight at a time those names were around!

By the way, I may be responding to you Ollie, but you are far from the 1st person I've seen that has this same angle of Pac post WW, which I've never completely liked..one bit laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 25 2011, 09:03 AM) *

laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 25 2011, 07:52 AM) *
It has close to everything to do with it! I am also gonna pick him in the rematch with Cotto too! What does him being 'bigger' got to do with anything? It was still an atrocious fight against a guy that had no reason being inside the ring..specially on the biggest stage against the p4p king! I've seen many, many fans bring up Manny taking that body shot & going to the hospital as that is some form of credit to give him? So when I see some make it out like poor Manny copped a beating or even some form of punishment from Margs is not only inaccurate but also irrelevant. Manny clearly gave Margs a beating without getting touched too much in the process, yet many would think he came out of a war with Margs being hurt more than once and going to hospital!

That's my point to this. I don't think Manny was that hurt at all, nor was he hurt more than once either. Margs landed a good body shot somewhere in the middle-late rounds and that's about it. That's why I don't see you side of "he got hurt way more than they planned" because Margs landed a good shot compared to Pac's hundreds. How much planning can be done?

I don't expect Manny to keep moving up & up & up but if he does decide to take that road then yes, I do expect him to face the best like countless greats have done in the past! How many safety nets do you need when going for a title when that someone above 150 was a drained, damaged Margarito? Why is it so crazy Manny fights above 150 (or above Welterweight)? Why? Because he would not be unfairly advantaged over his opponent for once? Because he would actually get tested for once in the ring? Because he would actually lose? Is it a Risk? Yeah! Crazy? Not at all!

For the record I would and do say the same thing about Mayweather. Both have/can make the Junior Middleweight limit, both claim Junior Middleweight titles yet the idea of them moving up to face someone who posses a risk is quickly turned into an out of the question scenario.

Yes! Agree 100% with that man! They're very damn lucky they did not fight at a time those names were around!

By the way, I may be responding to you Ollie, but you are far from the 1st person I've seen that has this same angle of Pac post WW, which I've never completely liked..one bit laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I don't even think Manny is a big WW let alone JMW. There are some big boys in that divsion and not one that I would personally be interested in seeing either guy fight in. Just my opinion.

Can we just get some half decent fights in at WW before asking any of those guys to fight at 154? It's like some dudes here are saying they would like to see Martinez fight certain guys at 168. See I think that's crazy too.

At the end of the day both Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypicking a lil in regards to 154 but I'm not going to hold those fights over their heads as some kind of reason to go up to that division.
Hops
That would be me Ollie. I'm just pissed off by Martinez's repeated calling out of small guys. Let the smaller guys call him. If they don't, move on.
Cshel86
As much as I dont like Bradley, he did what he had to do get out of his contract. Im sure if Khan's fight date was June 23rd instead of July, then the fight would've happened. I dont agree with Bradley trying to go after the big fish, when he barely dominated the guys in his division. He can be face to face with Mayweather right now and all he could do is say that he is scared while begging for the fight. His resume says nothing for him at all, so talking shit and trying to get a big fight is twice the fail.

He should fight Matthysse on one of those PPV undercards and do his best to dismantle him, instead of headbutting him into submission like he's done all of his oppenents. That way, he can outdo Alexander's performance (which isn't hard to do), then he can rematch Alexander early next year (maybe around Feb or March) and make it a big fight to prove himself. Hell, he could make some noise if he fights Rios at 140, though the odds of him beating Rios is slim...it helps put his name out there. Mike Jones would be somewhat of a nightmare for him...dude is much taller, has decent boxing skills, and he moves around more than any of Bradley's recent opponents. It will probably remind us of how Khan dominated Judah.

The fact is, Bradley needs to go on a mean streak and play catch-up since he chose to handle his contractual issues the way he did. The best thing for him to do is knock down a couple fighters at 140, but dont stay long enough to get stuck in the division (i.e. creating drama by fighting Judah (waste of time) or risk getting worked by Maidana (who Khan already beat). If he wants to fight Maidana later and make some noise, then he's going to have to knock him clean out...but really, in what lifetime will that ever happen???
dhoward126
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 08:01 AM) *
I don't even think Manny is a big WW let alone JMW. There are some big boys in that divsion and not one that I would personally be interested in seeing either guy fight in. Just my opinion.

Can we just get some half decent fights in at WW before asking any of those guys to fight at 154? It's like some dudes here are saying they would like to see Martinez fight certain guys at 168. See I think that's crazy too.

At the end of the day both Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypicking a lil in regards to 154 but I'm not going to hold those fights over their heads as some kind of reason to go up to that division.

There aren't enough fighters at 147 right now to make a few decent fights, the guys from 140 are going to have to move up soon and it's already starting to begin. 154 is a much better division right now, they have better fighters competing right now.

Martinez fighting at 168 isn't as crazy as you may think, the dude walks around at a good 190 and he's bouncing people off the canvas at 160. He wants to fight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr but Freddie Roach says "Don't take him, he makes me money, here's Peter Quillin instead," DiBella doesn't want to fight Pirog and on top of that the only person really saying that they want to fight Martinez is Paul Williams, which we know isn't happening anytime ever.

Don't want to get too much into the cherry picking, but Mayweather's win over De La Hoya was WAAAAAAAAAY more legit that Manny's win over Margarito for a vacant title in a division that neither man was ranked.
Eighty88Eight
Why is Bradley already desirous to cash out on his career? Pacquiao will end his youth. Bradley isn't that good.
caneman
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 25 2011, 09:42 AM) *
Why is Bradley already desirous to cash out on his career? Pacquiao will end his youth. Bradley isn't that good.

Danny thinks Bradley beats Pacman. I think beats Bradley but with the head butts it could make for a really weird fight where anything could happen!
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 25 2011, 10:53 AM) *
Danny thinks Bradley beats Pacman. I think beats Bradley but with the head butts it could make for a really weird fight where anything could happen!

who's danny? perhaps you're right, pac is all silk and leather now. he may not like dealing with a rough, tough headbutt-filled fight. I'd still wager Pac steals his youth from him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 25 2011, 10:42 AM) *

I concur!
caneman
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 25 2011, 09:58 AM) *
who's danny? perhaps you're right, pac is all silk and leather now. he may not like dealing with a rough, tough headbutt-filled fight. I'd still wager Pac steals his youth from him.

dhoward126 = Danny 1 of our fighthype radio host!
Cshel86
I just read an article about this idiot (Bradley) saying "Forget Khan, I want Pacquiao and Mayweather". Is is safe to call him a delusional dodo bird or just a plain duck. Obviously, he feels that Khan will kill his chances of fighting Pac or May, but he wont survive in the ring with either of the two. The truth is, the Pac and May show is much bigger than Bradley, so these empty promises are going to lead him astray. Besides, who listens to Arum anyway? He will have to catch them when they have lost a couple of fights. As bad of shape boxing is in right now, Bradley officially being announced to fight Pac or May would burn the sport to a crisp and let the whole world down.

If Marquez is a big name, had two highly credible bouts with Pacquiao, and is only getting $5M for the trilogy, then how much does Super Skull expect to get right now or even in another lifetime against Pac? Hmm...let's see, maybe that $2M dollars that was promised to him for the Khan fight. What a loser! Though Mayweather ducked a couple of fighters before the De La Hoya fight, he was known, he sold tickets, he was controversial & entertaining to say the least, and made decent money fighting other guys before De La Hoya...unlike Bradley.
caneman
I think Bradley would rough Khan up pretty bad if they did fight, I say in the 2nd Bradley would butt Khan and Khan would be too busy bitching to the ref and after 4 would go to the cards and win it 40-36 ish with Khan maybe getting 1 round so 39-37! Bradley should have taken the Khan fight though!
Bropho
Timmy vs Pac has certain similarities to Mayweather vs Hatton.

Hatton was doing great at 140 pounds, moved to 147 and went life and death with Luiz Collazo, said he couldn't carry the weight at 147 well and is moving back to 140. Floyd used his leverage and got him to come up for another ass whooping at a weight he clearly was uncomfortable at.

Timmy is doing great at 140 pounds, moved to 147 to "test the waters" and said he has absolutely no problem making 140 but just wants to see how he goes at 147. Has showcase fight against Abregu who no one knew and was just supposed to look impress on paper with his undefeated record, making Timmy's domination of him seem better than it really is. But Timmy didn't dominate and said he's going back to 140, his real weight division. If this fight comes together i bet there won't be a catchweight of 144 it will be the full 147, Pac will use his leverage and just as Floyd did with Ricky Hatton, he will rip Timmy to shreds!

dhoward126
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 25 2011, 11:05 AM) *
I just read an article about this idiot (Bradley) saying "Forget Khan, I want Pacquiao and Mayweather". Is is safe to call him a delusional dodo bird or just a plain duck. Obviously, he feels that Khan will kill his chances of fighting Pac or May, but he wont survive in the ring with either of the two. The truth is, the Pac and May show is much bigger than Bradley, so these empty promises are going to lead him astray. Besides, who listens to Arum anyway? He will have to catch them when they have lost a couple of fights. As bad of shape boxing is in right now, Bradley officially being announced to fight Pac or May would burn the sport to a crisp and let the whole world down.

If Marquez is a big name, had two highly credible bouts with Pacquiao, and is only getting $5M for the trilogy, then how much does Super Skull expect to get right now or even in another lifetime against Pac? Hmm...let's see, maybe that $2M dollars that was promised to him for the Khan fight. What a loser! Though Mayweather ducked a couple of fighters before the De La Hoya fight, he was known, he sold tickets, he was controversial & entertaining to say the least, and made decent money fighting other guys before De La Hoya...unlike Bradley.

Bradley wants to make money, that is what the sport of boxing is all about and there's nothing wrong with that. He fights Khan, a risky fight for $2 million tops if the UK PPVs are high enough, he wasn't guaranteed that high of a purse. The dude is about to have a kid pretty soon and I can tell you that if it were me, why the hell would I risk a $5 mil guarantee for a $2 mil possibility?

Amir Khan isn't a big ticket seller either though GBP would like to convince you he's the second coming of Ricky Hatton, Brits aren't too big on him maybe because he's part Pakistani if I'm not mistaken. Bradley-Khan would've drawn less people than Khan-Judah because you have two guys with almost no following, at least Arum can give Bradley some exposure if this goes as people are saying. Just remember where you heard it first, I got the Desert Hermit out of hiding lol.

Ya'll can hate on me for thinking Bradley will beat Pacquiao, but if Shane "Molasses" Mosley with his lazy jab and lateral movement could reduce Pacquiao's punch output by HALF, then there is a blueprint there for Pacquiao. Plus, him fighting all these old come ahead guys may cramp his development just like it did Chad Dawson. Dawson kept fighting guys in their late 30s-40s after Adamek and when he finally fought a younger guy in Pascal, he looked like the older man.

Time will tell, I'd rather see Bradley-Pacquiao than I would a rematch with Margarito, who is going to shock Cotto this December.
Eighty88Eight
That's absurd, Tim Bradley would be on the outside all night long. Khan is too quick, too slick, too strong, and too smart for Bradley. Bradley can get by guys like Holt and Alexander, but Khan is a different level of fighter. Bradley doesn't have the pop to stay in that fight. Wouldn't be surprised to see a late stoppage.
Cshel86
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jul 25 2011, 11:30 AM) *
Bradley wants to make money, that is what the sport of boxing is all about and there's nothing wrong with that. He fights Khan, a risky fight for $2 million tops if the UK PPVs are high enough, he wasn't guaranteed that high of a purse. The dude is about to have a kid pretty soon and I can tell you that if it were me, why the hell would I risk a $5 mil guarantee for a $2 mil possibility?

Amir Khan isn't a big ticket seller either though GBP would like to convince you he's the second coming of Ricky Hatton, Brits aren't too big on him maybe because he's part Pakistani if I'm not mistaken. Bradley-Khan would've drawn less people than Khan-Judah because you have two guys with almost no following, at least Arum can give Bradley some exposure if this goes as people are saying. Just remember where you heard it first, I got the Desert Hermit out of hiding lol.

Ya'll can hate on me for thinking Bradley will beat Pacquiao, but if Shane "Molasses" Mosley with his lazy jab and lateral movement could reduce Pacquiao's punch output by HALF, then there is a blueprint there for Pacquiao. Plus, him fighting all these old come ahead guys may cramp his development just like it did Chad Dawson. Dawson kept fighting guys in their late 30s-40s after Adamek and when he finally fought a younger guy in Pascal, he looked like the older man.

Time will tell, I'd rather see Bradley-Pacquiao than I would a rematch with Margarito, who is going to shock Cotto this December.

I understand that fighters want to make money, but at least be a fighter that makes significant money on your own before begging to dance with the big dogs. Like my earlier example, Floyd was making millions before the De La Hoya fight, it may not have been the millions that he made after fighting Oscar, but it was still millions. Bradley has yet to make over $800k, and now he wants the true & solid millions that come along with fighting Pac & May. I dont see how Khan isn't a decent attraction when he's getting UK PPV revenue, has a decent following, and is getting past everybody in front of him. Mind you, Im not a big Khan fan by far, but dude is on the right track with his career in regards to becoming a big star.

Like I said before, Marquez has all of the credentials to fight Pacquiao again, and he is only getting a crappy $5M out of it. Answer this, what has Bradley done to deserve a big PPV besides providing us with headbutt-ending game-blowing fights, and crying about a bigger payday? Im waiting dntknw.gif All of these seasoned fighters have faced Pacquiao with a gameplan and confidence (or lack there of), and ended up wondering what happened when they came up short. We all gave big chances these fighters in hoping that they would at least give Pac a hard time somewhere in the fight, and they came up short.

I dont see Bradley as strategic or dominant at all, and I bet that as soon as he gets hit with a grazing punch with cartoon strength that he didn't see coming from another planet, then the gameplan is out of the window for him. We will end up seeing Pac vs Hatton again and wish that we didn't waste $50 on Tim Bradley. Mayweather will simply outclass this dude...thats why Pac and May are the eilte fighters in boxing, everybody has a plan, then a punch lands and chages everything. Good Lord, let's not forget how Kendall Holt dropped your hero with a punch that he didn't even see because he was too busy swinging for the fences, smh.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 25 2011, 11:50 AM) *
That's absurd, Tim Bradley would be on the outside all night long. Khan is too quick, too slick, too strong, and too smart for Bradley. Bradley can get by guys like Holt and Alexander, but Khan is a different level of fighter. Bradley doesn't have the pop to stay in that fight. Wouldn't be surprised to see a late stoppage.

Thank you!
HazConvictedFelonMane
http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-forget-...yweather--41938

Wait a minute here. Here we have 2 champions at 140 lbs. This is the most clarity we've had in this division in a long time, yet Tim Bradley does not want to settle up at 140 to see who's the best in the world? That's a shame in my opinion. Tim's ducking. I don't give a fuck about his plans for a Pacquiao fight. The sport had plans to see who's the best 140lbs fighter in the world ever since last year. Tim's lost a lot of respect from me over this.
Eighty88Eight
what has Bradley done to even try to build himself up as a viable opponent? he can't sell a ticket, he isn't a champion, he doesn't have super star potential, he's not exciting, he's not pretty, he's not ugly, he's not cool, he's not mean, he's not blazing, he's not powerful and he doesn't have a chance.... the guy is plain in all ways. and he's a fuckin headbutting mauler. they could have a better sell against the Big Bad Black Man Mike Jones. Bradley would only make for a good tune up for Pac.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 24 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Though it's not confirmed or anything, it's something I've speculated for a while and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley fight Mike Jones on the undercard since Jones has been shortlisted by Arum as a possible opponent for Pac AND has a date on either the Nov.12 or Dec.3 PPV Card. If it is true, it does add some juice to the undercard which will already feature Brandon Rios vs either Katsidis or Kevin Mitchell.

What's the source of your quote?
Cshel86
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jul 25 2011, 12:14 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-forget-...yweather--41938

Wait a minute here. Here we have 2 champions at 140 lbs. This is the most clarity we've had in this division in a long time, yet Tim Bradley does not want to settle up at 140 to see who's the best in the world? That's a shame in my opinion. Tim's ducking. I don't give a fuck about his plans for a Pacquiao fight. The sport had plans to see who's the best 140lbs fighter in the world ever since last year. Tim's lost a lot of respect from me over this.

Exactly! It's a damn shame that the sanctioning bodies have not stripped this loser of his titles yet...its not like they haven't done it once before. Like you said, this is the most clarity that we have had in a while, but yet, he wants to sit on his ass, hold two major titles (that actually helps to bring his name up when people are looking around to see why the titles have not been defended), and dip his nose into Welterweight business against two fighters that would easily blow him away. It's sad that both fighters aren't even looking his way because of how much a non-factor he is. He has to beg another promoter to fight one of his fighters, smh, pathetic in every inch of the word.

I just peeped how selfish dude was being at the end of the article, when he said that he doesn't care what anybody thinks or says, he's just worried about himself. I understand that he wants to make money, but its not fair that the world has to surfer because he's done nothing to make himself relevant, let alone done enough to deserve a big fight. I wouldn't pay $50 to watch this asshole get dismantled so that he can feed his family, smh. He knows in his heart that he cant win those fights because both of them are better than Khan, and he saw Khan as big risk of him not getting a big payday, so he has completely decided to go around Khan.

Shit, call out Berto for crying out loud. The 140lb division held so many promises, but you have idiots in it who lays a big turd right at the 50-yard line in big fights, get robbed of decisions, and others who hold major titles and cant decide if they want to be Welterweight or not. This is such a letdown for everybody because these guys had guaranteed stardom spoon-fed to them and they managed to toot their asses up for the world to kiss. We need "Bradley is Crap" thread immediately!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 24 2011, 10:34 PM) *
Out of all the top fights Manny can fight Bradley has the least chance of beating him IMO.

I like Bradley but his lack of power coupled his willingnesss to stand and fight will hurt him big time against Manny.

Pac by brutal KO in 5.

I agree except for the willingness to stand and fight..In bradleys last two fights he has been in less exchanges and actually moves around alot more instead of just brawling like he did with Holt.

Either way his pillow punches equal long night for him I would expect manny to win by easy UD..

food for thought according to every site Gary Shaw is fighting like crazy over bradley so I wouldnt be surprised to not see him on the Pac undercard
Fitz
You know what would be hilarious? Ok these 2 sceanrios.

1. Khan beats Mayweather and Bradley beats Pacquiao
  2. Bradley fights on the undercard of Pacquiao-Marquez and after the fight, Mayweather and Pacquiao get their shit together get a fight done and Bradley is there with his dick in his hand with no Mayweather, Pacquiao or Khan
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 25 2011, 05:47 PM) *

2. Bradley fights on the undercard of Pacquiao-Marquez and after the fight, Mayweather and Pacquiao get their shit together get a fight done and Bradley is there with his dick in his hand with no Mayweather, Pacquiao or Khan

Arum would never pass on Pac whooping up on Bradley. it's going to be a highlight reel of ass whipping
Cshel86
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 25 2011, 05:47 PM) *

Check this scenario: What if Mayweather and Bob Arum (on behalf of Pacquiao) said that they will fight the winner of Bradley and Khan. What will Super Skull do then?

The funniest part would be Pac and May making a secret deal to fight each other, despite Bradley and Khan fighting! That would be hilarious because Bradley is known to go by what Arum says without anything being set in stone. Thats probably why he is so freakin' on his head (like a child) to yell about this 'superfight' that he has been promised, smh...such a silly rabbit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.