Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
and the NEW
Looks like 2 ways this could play out.

1) Mayweather V Pacquiao and Khan V Bradley.
2) Mayweather V Khan and Pacquiao V Bradley.

I would be happy with either. So long as the winners agree to fight!!!!! Perhaps a 4 man tournament? Now THAT, would be a tournament!
Hotsauce
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 25 2011, 06:27 PM) *

I would be happy with either. So long as the winners agree to fight!!!!! Perhaps a 4 man tournament? Now THAT, would be a tournament!

hmmmmmmmmm i like that
and the NEW
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 26 2011, 03:45 AM) *
Doesn't make sense as a tourney since if Pac and Amere Con won (which I doubt) they would refuse to fight given they have the same trainer and nutritionist.

I know. Let me dream.

But looks like we could get either Pac V May or each fighting the other 140lber (May V Khan and Pac V Bradley).

If Pac and Khan win, then we are left in limbo.........BUT, stranger things have happened in boxing than two guys with the same trainer fighting! Never say never, in a year + time if these are the only two guys left standing at 147 and under, you never know.
Fitz
Call me old fashioned but I would just like to see the two best 140 fighters get it on for an undisputed fight, and the best 147 fighters get it on. Then they can see what happens after that.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 01:53 AM) *
No we won't. I'm not even sure he beats Khan. Styles make fights and as much as Khan is hated on these boards I think his style would match favourably against Bradley.

Bradley would easily beat Khan. Khan would not make it the distance. Do not let the Judah fight sway you. If the slow, unconditioned, and crude Maidana can get to Khan...
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 07:45 AM) *
Bradley would easily beat Khan. Khan would not make it the distance. Do not let the Judah fight sway you. If the slow, unconditioned, and crude Maidana can get to Khan...

I've a feeling the slow, unconditioned and crude Maidana would 'get to' a lot of people he's not supposed to. He's just that type of fighter.

Black
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jul 26 2011, 03:15 AM) *
I've a feeling the slow, unconditioned and crude Maidana would 'get to' a lot of people he's not supposed to. He's just that type of fighter.

Black

I agree.

My basic point is so many are getting swayed from the Judah fight how Khan controlled him and Judah could not get to him. The thing is Judah is a mental midget and basically did not come to win.

Where as Maidana got to Khan, I am quite sure Bradley would have no problem getting to Khan either. I do not buy for one minute that Khan would be able to keep Tim at bay all night with his size and reach. Too many other factors play into it. Bradley is just as fast as Khan, he is superbly conditioned, has shown to be mentally tough, and is still undefeated. Bradley is no Judah and would KNOW to apply pressure and make it more of a brawl than a boxing match. AND Khan clearly has shown to want to mix it up and not play it safe in there.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 02:01 PM) *
I don't even think Manny is a big WW let alone JMW. There are some big boys in that divsion and not one that I would personally be interested in seeing either guy fight in. Just my opinion.

Can we just get some half decent fights in at WW before asking any of those guys to fight at 154? It's like some dudes here are saying they would like to see Martinez fight certain guys at 168. See I think that's crazy too.

At the end of the day both Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypicking a lil in regards to 154 but I'm not going to hold those fights over their heads as some kind of reason to go up to that division.

Manny may not be a big WW but he has fought there long enough to ensure that he is a legit WW fighter now. Truth is, over the years the WW division has dried up alot and I think the best fights to be made would be around the WW division.

I agree with you on getting fights made against fighters within their division. The fact that Pac and Mayweather fight in the same division and are considered the 2 best in the world and neither want to fight eachother and on top of that make poor fights is sickening. I don't think it's crazy for fighters to move up or down to get fights, just as long as you have taken care of business in your own division or unless moving up or down is more compelling than to remain in a division.

Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypickin a lil? just at 154? Or at 147 for years aswell?
I think that's very generous to say they have cherrypicked a lil!! One thing for a fighter to duck another but both of them have gone beyond ducking to the point that after years of doing so (with fighters other than themselves) have finally mastered the art of cherrypicking. They have no reason for making the fight that they did, specially when they had everything their way in terms of star power, money, rankings and accolades. Disgusting on both fighters!

What is your reason for not expecting both fighters to fight at a division they have already fought in and claimed world titles in? Why wouldn't you expect them to fight there again? Yes, I understand here is where we see things differently, but to me both fighters (including Pac) looked perfectly fine to me inside the ring at 154. None of them seemed like they're styles suffered nor did neither look vulnerable as well, they looked good.

A fight with Martinez is only a division away! People seem to dismiss the fact the at Martinez age he would have to drop down in weight to make the fight as well. All three are former title holders in that division and is only a division away to make!

IMO Pacquaio and Mayweather have no reason to suggest that match up is as crazy as make it out to be when they have already fought and claimed a world title in that division.

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 26 2011, 12:27 AM) *

+1

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 26 2011, 06:29 AM) *
Call me old fashioned but I would just like to see the two best 140 fighters get it on for an undisputed fight, and the best 147 fighters get it on. Then they can see what happens after that.

+1
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 26 2011, 02:47 AM) *
Manny may not be a big WW but he has fought there long enough to ensure that he is a legit WW fighter now. Truth is, over the years the WW division has dried up alot and I think the best fights to be made would be around the WW division.

I agree with you on getting fights made against fighters within their division. The fact that Pac and Mayweather fight in the same division and are considered the 2 best in the world and neither want to fight eachother and on top of that make poor fights is sickening. I don't think it's crazy for fighters to move up or down to get fights, just as long as you have taken care of business in your own division or unless moving up or down is more compelling than to remain in a division.

Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypickin a lil? just at 154? Or at 147 for years aswell?
I think that's very generous to say they have cherrypicked a lil!! One thing for a fighter to duck another but both of them have gone beyond ducking to the point that after years of doing so (with fighters other than themselves) have finally mastered the art of cherrypicking. They have no reason for making the fight that they did, specially when they had everything their way in terms of star power, money, rankings and accolades. Disgusting on both fighters!

What is your reason for not expecting both fighters to fight at a division they have already fought in and claimed world titles in? Why wouldn't you expect them to fight there again? Yes, I understand here is where we see things differently, but to me both fighters (including Pac) looked perfectly fine to me inside the ring at 154. None of them seemed like they're styles suffered nor did neither look vulnerable as well, they looked good.

A fight with Martinez is only a division away! People seem to dismiss the fact the at Martinez age he would have to drop down in weight to make the fight as well. All three are former title holders in that division and is only a division away to make!

IMO Pacquaio and Mayweather have no reason to suggest that match up is as crazy as make it out to be when they have already fought and claimed a world title in that division.

+1

+1

My bad for not making it clearer. Yes I mean they got caught cherrypicking a lil at 154.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 26 2011, 08:57 AM) *
My bad for not making it clearer. Yes I mean they got caught cherrypicking a lil at 154.

A lil at 154 and a fuckin lot at 147!!!

laugh.gif

If only the best fought the best we could reflect back on those fights instead of talking about them in this manner.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 26 2011, 03:02 AM) *
A lil at 154 and a fuckin lot at 147!!!

laugh.gif

If only the best fought the best we could reflect back on those fights instead of talking about them in this manner.

Yeah but we weren't discussing 147 were we? I'm just saying they had no business being at 154 despite having fought there.

Remember when Hopkins was briefly toying with fighting Maskaev at HW for the title? Say he'd won the title then immediately gone back down to LHW I would've said the same thing. Just coz he won a strap there would not have meant he belonged there.

Yes 147 is a different discussion altogether, and one we'd be more likely to agree on.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 26 2011, 09:10 AM) *
While it would be the best possible payday for SMartinez it makes little sense for either Pac or FMJ since Sergio would most likely smoke them both.

Unless there is some bullshit catchweight, I would feel confident in Martinez beating Pac at 154 but that doesn't make it a bad fight either. As for Mayweather-Martinez at 154? I'm not so sure! Martinez is pretty short, getting there in age and I don't think there will be that much of a size difference in this match. Both have great, yet very different jabs from eachother and I think it would come down to who could have success with that very punch. Pretty close fight for me here.

After Mayweather-Pac I think a fight with Martinez would be one of the biggest fights to be made on boxing. If either Mayweather-Pac fought Martinez they would get all the respect in the world and I'm not even talking about if they were to pull it off either. It would do wonders for not only their career but their damaged reputation and legacy. I think there would be more than enough money and glory to out weigh the risk factor in this fight. I am not expecting either to step up to the plate, but I also think it's far from making little sense either!

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 26 2011, 09:10 AM) *
Yeah but we weren't discussing 147 were we? I'm just saying they had no business being at 154 despite having fought there.

Remember when Hopkins was briefly toying with fighting Maskaev at HW for the title? Say he'd won the title then immediately gone back down to LHW I would've said the same thing. Just coz he won a strap there would not have meant he belonged there.

Yes 147 is a different discussion altogether, and one we'd be more likely to agree on.

No, we weren't talking about 147. I just thought with one of your comments about 154, it also heavily applied to both their careers at 147 too.

I see where your getting at with the Hopkins statement and I agree that that would have been the case for him. But alot of that comes down to that scenario being at Heavyweight which makes a ton of difference when Hopkins was supposedly gonna move up 2 divisions against opponents who can and will weigh as much as they want with no weight limits. I don't think it's the same when discussing fights at 154 between 3 fighters who have all fought there before and are only a division apart from making the fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 03:35 AM) *
I agree.

My basic point is so many are getting swayed from the Judah fight how Khan controlled him and Judah could not get to him. The thing is Judah is a mental midget and basically did not come to win.

Where as Maidana got to Khan, I am quite sure Bradley would have no problem getting to Khan either. I do not buy for one minute that Khan would be able to keep Tim at bay all night with his size and reach. Too many other factors play into it. Bradley is just as fast as Khan, he is superbly conditioned, has shown to be mentally tough, and is still undefeated. Bradley is no Judah and would KNOW to apply pressure and make it more of a brawl than a boxing match. AND Khan clearly has shown to want to mix it up and not play it safe in there.

I agree with you on the fact that Judah did not come to fight. Let's just hope that Bradley can really make his way to the inside, because Khan effectively did everything to keep Zab away all night, so it really wasn't a fight. We all know that Zab's facial features dont hold up past 4 or 5 rounds anyway, so Khan didn't do that much damage. We've all waited to see who was the best at 140, and Bradley is surely holding that up. Khan is also scoping a big fight at 147, but he is still handling his business at 140...unlike Bradley who is holding two major titles and is having a hard time deciding if he wants to be a WW or not, smh. Im not a Khan fan, by the way.

At this point, I would much rather Bradley vacate the titles so that we can really see who is the best at 140. He cant come back later, fussing and claiming that he was the best in the division, when he was one fight away from proving it. Though he has contract issues, he could've at least let the fans know that he was interested in fighting Khan as soon as he worked it out, but he did the opposite. Now that Khan is hustling his way to a big fight, we have Bradley inactive and begging for a big bout that he truly doesn't deserve as of yet (in my opinion). There really isn't anybody for him to fight until next year though, do you agree? If he gets another opportunity to make himself known, I just pray that he doesn't blow it for the sake of his career.
BoxingDuringDinner
I just hope they make a decent PPV card all around. I miss those big cards with 3-4 championship fights. The good ol days. With that said I still think Bradley should fight Khan instead of waiting around for Pacquiao. He's not assured that fight will ever happen.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (BoxingDuringDinner @ Jul 26 2011, 11:37 AM) *
I just hope they make a decent PPV card all around. I miss those big cards with 3-4 championship fights. The good ol days. With that said I still think Bradley should fight Khan instead of waiting around for Pacquiao. He's not assured that fight will ever happen.

he's not assured that he will still be alive to spend his riches if the fight DID take place. he should fight khan, 2 mil, a good scrap, and a less severe beating. everybody wins. it just occurred to me what a fantastic fight Ortiz-Khan would be at welterweight. i would LOVE to see that depending on how Ortiz fares(loses) against Mayweather.
and the NEW
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 08:35 AM) *
I agree.

All good points. I would pick Khan over Bradley but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley pip it.
and the NEW
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 26 2011, 06:29 AM) *

+1
Eighty88Eight
"so many getting swayed" does not include me. i never thought Bradley was 1. capable of beating Khan, and 2. ever that good to begin with. Bradley would get outboxed and probably knocked out by Khan. Recall what another mental midget, Kendall Holt, did to Bradley without that much exertion. If Bradley was on the receiving end of that left hook to the body that Khan knocked Maidana down with, it would never have gotten to the 10th round. Bradley doesn't have the pop to stand toe to toe nor the defensive acumen to apply consistent pressure while swamping Khan with activity.

This is what Bradley has to deal with: 1. a tall man, 2. an explosive puncher, 3. a fighter who is as quick or quicker, 4. a more active fighter, 5. a fighter who can move better than he can; and 6. his own lack of power to equalize any of these disadvantages ala Maidana. Bradley's hope is that he lands a good headbutt-rabbit punch-lowblow combination that rattles and discombobulates Khan for 12 rounds. The fight SHOULD take place nevertheless. I don't understand why Khan is taking another 140 tune up in England. They should be trying to do the Bradley fight next at welterweight. That'll be a good tune up for Khan in light of the Floyd fight.
duwdu
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 26 2011, 11:57 AM) *
he's not assured that he will still be alive to spend his riches if the fight DID take place. he should fight khan, 2 mil, a good scrap, and a less severe beating. everybody wins. it just occurred to me what a fantastic fight Ortiz-Khan would be at welterweight. i would LOVE to see that depending on how Ortiz fares(loses) against Mayweather.

I agree that Ortiz-Khan should now come to the forefront. In fact, Khan should first test himself at WW against an opponent such as Mike Jones (if Arum would allow) before Ortiz.

Although this Khan guy is growing on me, I just don't like the continuous shrill/noise he's making at this time wanting a big fight with Mayweather. He is also beginning to make Roach peddle the same song, although they're both confused as to whether they want it immediately or one, two, three, or even four fights away after Judah. To me, these types of noises just serve to further blunt all stakeholder focus on the anticipated May-Pac showdown. The noises also inadvertently give further ammunition to team Pacquiao (via Arum) and Mayweather (via himself) to further wriggle out of it (the Pac-May superfight,) or, in a best case scenario, delay the super fight even further.

Please these Khan and Bradley noise-makers should just keep quiet so we can "see the road."

P34c3
and the NEW
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 27 2011, 12:52 AM) *
"so many getting swayed" does not include me. i never thought Bradley was 1. capable of beating Khan

That is also a fair call.

No way Khan rips Bradley up like he did Judah (I said previously I thought Judah was MADE for Khans style, much as Mayorga was for DLH).

But I do think Khan is still improving. Bradley however, while lacking raw natural abilities like Khan, he is cagey as hell and skillful, conditioned and tough. He should make it a fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 26 2011, 07:52 PM) *
"so many getting swayed" does not include me. i never thought Bradley was 1. capable of beating Khan, and 2. ever that good to begin with. Bradley would get outboxed and probably knocked out by Khan. Recall what another mental midget, Kendall Holt, did to Bradley without that much exertion. If Bradley was on the receiving end of that left hook to the body that Khan knocked Maidana down with, it would never have gotten to the 10th round. Bradley doesn't have the pop to stand toe to toe nor the defensive acumen to apply consistent pressure while swamping Khan with activity.

This is what Bradley has to deal with: 1. a tall man, 2. an explosive puncher, 3. a fighter who is as quick or quicker, 4. a more active fighter, 5. a fighter who can move better than he can; and 6. his own lack of power to equalize any of these disadvantages ala Maidana. Bradley's hope is that he lands a good headbutt-rabbit punch-lowblow combination that rattles and discombobulates Khan for 12 rounds. The fight SHOULD take place nevertheless. I don't understand why Khan is taking another 140 tune up in England. They should be trying to do the Bradley fight next at welterweight. That'll be a good tune up for Khan in light of the Floyd fight.

I concur!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 26 2011, 07:52 PM) *

laugh.gif

1- Bradley is undefeated and has not even come close to losing.

2-Khan has been KTFO by a NOBODY! And he was a punch from getting stopped by Maidana.

3- Bradley showed heart and toughness GETTING up from a bomb from Holt, where that bitch Khan did NOT get up from Prescott.

4- Khan will NEVER EVER KO Bradley, where Tim will run Khan out of the ring with pressure.

5- Umm... Bradley took Holts heart in that fight.

6- The only one who fought a "mental midget is Khan, when he fought Judah the biggest mental midget ever.

mgrover
Bradley will die if he fights the pacman. i mean does he really think he can compare to him right now? even in a years time I dont think he can.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 08:50 PM) *
laugh.gif

1- Bradley is undefeated and has not even come close to losing.

2-Khan has been KTFO by a NOBODY! And he was a punch from getting stopped by Maidana.

3- Bradley showed heart and toughness GETTING up from a bomb from Holt, where that bitch Khan did NOT get up from Prescott.

4- Khan will NEVER EVER KO Bradley, where Tim will run Khan out of the ring with pressure.

5- Umm... Bradley took Holts heart in that fight.

6- The only one who fought a "mental midget is Khan, when he fought Judah the biggest mental midget ever.

LL you are becoming dangerously close to becoming the Teddy Atlas of FH with your prediction picks. I find myself taking more and more notice of your picks and then going to the bookie and placing bets the opposite way. laugh.gif Easy money, haha.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 26 2011, 10:48 PM) *
LL you are becoming dangerously close to becoming the Teddy Atlas of FH with your prediction picks. I find myself taking more and more notice of your picks and then going to the bookie and placing bets the opposite way. laugh.gif Easy money, haha.

Dude... I have not even really been picking fights in a bit. I also have a shirt from being a FH prediction league champion, what about you beatch? Haha

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 10:13 PM) *
Dude... I have not even really been picking fights in a bit. I also have a shirt from being a FH prediction league champion, what about you beatch? Haha

Got me there buddy. Lucky you didn't have to put it up for grabs when you predicted the Mosley/Mayweather, Mosley/Pac fights. Maybe we could wager on Khan/Bradley if it ever happens?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 27 2011, 03:57 AM) *
Got me there buddy. Lucky you didn't have to put it up for grabs when you predicted the Mosley/Mayweather, Mosley/Pac fights. Maybe we could wager on Khan/Bradley if it ever happens?

Okay you know I am biased for Mosley and was not going to pick against my 2nd favorite fighter. You are so on if Khan-Bradley fight goes down!

Speaking of favorite fighters, did you read front page? I did not read it yet, but Toney said he is going to cruiserweight for Tarver. laugh.gif nea.gif rolleyes_anim.gif
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 27 2011, 04:01 AM) *
Okay you know I am biased for Mosley and was not going to pick against my 2nd favorite fighter. You are so on if Khan-Bradley fight goes down!

Speaking of favorite fighters, did you read front page? I did not read it yet, but Toney said he is going to cruiserweight for Tarver. laugh.gif nea.gif rolleyes_anim.gif

Correction, Bradley took TWO bombs against Holt.... But Maidana is a far more serious puncher, and Khan showed some heart too, considering his chin, in surviving that late-round onslaught by Chino. With what exactly Bradley will "run Khan out of the ring" with is beyond me. It's certainly not with crisp, accurate, powerful punches. Bradley will land an occasional wild looping punch but if Judah's hooks couldn't hurt Khan, Bradley's certainly won't.
Cshel86
Im not a Khan or Bradley fan by far, but I could potentially be a fan in the near future when they truly prove themselves. Khan has advantages that Bradley doesn't have at all.

Khan advantages:
1. He's promoted by GBP...a well known promtional company due to De La Hoya and Schaffer
2. He's got a team that the world recognizes (though Im not a fan of them either) Freddie Roach and Alex Ariza
3. He has the opportunity to swing on Pacquiao's nuts because he's that much closer to him (they spar together, same trainer, same gym, same strength coach). He can also associate (use their names as much as possible) them in everything he does/says...and he does.
4. He has UK fans, and something to offer in regards to negotiating a bout (offering a particular split of UK PPV revenue)
5. He has noticable names on his resume as of lately, no matter the results of the fights.
6. He is playing his part and utilizing all of the above advantages to make a name for himself.
7. He is making his disadvantages a thing of the past, or he is successfully covering them up with the above advantages.

Bradley advantages:
1. He has unified two titles (and???)
2. He is undefeated (and???)

Bradley disadvantages:
1. He doesn't have a fanbase...at all.
2. Though he is undefeated, most of his fights end badly, which usually begin with a headbutt.
3. He isn't marketable (he nor his promoter has helped this problem)
4. His promoter sucked ass...period.
5. He has nothing to offer in regards to negotiating bouts
6. He doesn't have big names on his resume (nobody is talking about Witter, Holt, Campbell, or Peterson anymore...and the Alexander win was a snooze fest)
7. He would bring Pac and/or May's market value down, because he possesses none of his own.
8. He hasn't done anything and doesn't possess the skill to compete with top fighters and make me want to spend $45-$55 to watch him get dismantled (learned my lesson from the 2-round massacre of Pac/Hatton).
9. He is trying to jump from A to Z and he hasn't even established himself from B to Y. Hell, we all know that it gets hard around L, M, N, O, P, lol. Hell, its hard to say L,M,N,O,P without somebody finding it hard to understand you).
10. Nobody is even really ready to see him fight A+ fighters. For instance, Berto has fought tomato cans his whole career until he ran into Ortiz who gave him a real run for his money. Before that, we were all like, "C'mon Berto, when are you going to fight somebody worth watching?" I haven't felt that way about Bradley fighting A+ fighters, but Im ready to see him fight some B+ fighters, which is close to A-.

* Mind you, these are facts mixed with my opinions as well, so please dont have your thumb up your ass after reading this.
scallum
Who said Margarito was a puncher?Hearns or Tyson r considered punchers Marg was not a puncher
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.