Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technical question...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
Ive been streaming most of the european and other international fight cards that are not shown here in the states and i've been seeing some very good fighters that i wouldnt get to see otherwise... what i'd like to start doing and i know its possible, just not quite sure how to set it up, is link my computer to my dvd burner on my television or link my computer to my television so i can burn these fights as they are going on.... the television i use for burning dvds etc has a computer hookup but im not sure of the name of the cable id need etc... and once i get it not sure of the steps i need to take to get it set up correctly to start burning... does anyone on here have any experience connecting the pc or laptop to their television to watch fights and if so what are the steps?... any input would be helpful... thanks...
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 26 2011, 05:53 AM) *
Ive been streaming most of the european and other international fight cards that are not shown here in the states and i've been seeing some very good fighters that i wouldnt get to see otherwise... what i'd like to start doing and i know its possible, just not quite sure how to set it up, is link my computer to my dvd burner on my television or link my computer to my television so i can burn these fights as they are going on.... the television i use for burning dvds etc has a computer hookup but im not sure of the name of the cable id need etc... and once i get it not sure of the steps i need to take to get it set up correctly to start burning... does anyone on here have any experience connecting the pc or laptop to their television to watch fights and if so what are the steps?... any input would be helpful... thanks...

Are you able to provide the connections you have on your TV and your laptop?
PColeman28
There is a few ways to do this.... First your lap top has to have either a VGA port or HDMI port, but your TV will have to have it as well, but as long as you have a LCD TV/HDTV it'll have one of these ports if not both....once you find out if you have this then it's all downhill from there.....for the most part
JONdaCON817
Here we go... so like mention above most of the time when you connect your computer to your tv you have to have some kind of common denominator... whether it be VGA, HDMI, DVI or S-Video if you have neither youd have to go thru a PC to TV converter box which generally run about $100 (as apose to a $35 cable) now with that youd only be gettin picture... youd still have to connect your audio cable (1/8th" to RCA) which is a headphone jacc to red and white, to your DVR (completely bypass the tv on that one) that cable is about $8 at your local Radioshack. (im a store manager so you better get your shyt there! lol) and hopefully they can continue to help you if you go in there..

one thing to keep in mind is that youll be goin OUT of your laptop INTO your tv... so 'ins' cant be 'outs' and vice versa.

soooooo.

buy a VGA cable ($35)
and an 1/8th inch to RCA cable... ($9) which would go from your computers headphone jacc into the red and white IN of your DVR or Cable Box.

if you need the skus of each item or anymore questions and such let me know...
Spyder
I read this article the other day...it probably has the answers you're looking for in it.

http://www.labnol.org/internet/watch-inter...os-on-tv/12177/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.