Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saw Mayeather/Ortiz Face-off
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Method
It was like night and day. Ortiz sounded like he was on a job interview for a bar tending gig or something ("Im your man. You wont be disappointed" type shit). Maweather was just laughing at em. Chillaxed. Ortiz is gonna get fckd up. Period. End of story. He was just so rook in there.
Eighty88Eight
relax, words don't foretell the outcome. however, i dont think Ortiz is gonna pass the scholastic aptitude tests Floyd is enforcing. He's strong and willful but he's all heart. He's too stupid to beat Mayweather.
Fitz
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 28 2011, 12:08 PM) *
It was like night and day. Ortiz sounded like he was on a job interview for a bar tending gig or something ("Im your man. You wont be disappointed" type shit). Maweather was just laughing at em. Chillaxed. Ortiz is gonna get fckd uo. Period. End of story. He was just so rook in there.

Hahahahaha. I want to see this.
Spyder
This is nothing more than a dog and pony show. Ortiz has folded under FAR less pressure. The joke has been running since Floyd was spotted ringside at Ortiz-Berto.
Method
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 27 2011, 10:25 PM) *
relax, words don't foretell the outcome. however, i dont think Ortiz is gonna pass the scholastic aptitude tests Floyd is enforcing. He's strong and willful but he's all heart. He's too stupid to beat Mayweather.

Fuck they don't. Watch it.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 27 2011, 10:35 PM) *
Fuck they don't. Watch it.

hey there smarty, sounds like you've come upon a very sound scientific basis for predicting fights. you'll be a rich man in no time.
Method
Just watch it. Words. Body language. This kid is so far out of his league its not funny. Trying to be a tough guy one minute, a respectful kid the next. He's all over the place. He's gonna get owned. And Kellerman trying to stoke the flames, "He told just told you to shut up".
D-MARV
He did get at Max in the beginning, that was funny.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 27 2011, 10:33 PM) *
This is nothing more than a dog and pony show. Ortiz has folded under FAR less pressure. The joke has been running since Floyd was spotted ringside at Ortiz-Berto.

Why are you hating on this fight?
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 27 2011, 11:09 PM) *
Why are you hating on this fight?

It's a joke. This kid is not even close to being ready to fight at this level. It was only two years ago that he thought about a career change. This is nothing more than a young, marketable guy cashing out while he can. It will be like David Reid fighting Tito part deux.
Method
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 27 2011, 11:22 PM) *
It's a joke. This kid is not even close to being ready to fight at this level. It was only two years ago that he thought about a career change. This is nothing more than a young, marketable guy cashing out while he can. It will be like David Reid fighting Tito part deux.

Yup. Worse. At least Reid had some moments.
BoxingWizard23
Hey Guys here's the link to the Mayweather- Ortiz Face off in case you missed it or don't have cable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIO0ZJw041g

enjoy.
caneman
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 27 2011, 11:46 PM) *

how do you do that??? where you can put videos on here?? even though i beat you to it your way is much better.
BoxingWizard23
And BTW May was just laughing at Victor. Victor looked like a fool coming in and disrespecting Mayweather and acting like that. His demeanor changed after that Berto win he let that shit get to his head already. This is a legit opponent but still not enough to beat Mayweather. And what was intriguing out of all of this was May's insisting that he will stand his ground and fight toe to toe with Ortiz. Ortiz is stronger than the Mosley Mayweather fought I believe. If Mayweather fights toe to toe with a guy this much power and strength then people need to give him extra credit. The fight will be more exciting if Mayweather fights like that. I can't wait for Sept. 17.
Cshel86
I watched it earlier, and I felt bad about Floyd owning Ortiz like that! He paid this guy no attention after the first couple of mins, then he started getting in his ass. "That could be the Green Hornet ring". I was through after that because I knew the jokes were gearing up. Then he asked Max Kellerman if he was wearing Prada shoes while Ortiz was talking, smh. The extra pressure stemming from this big event is taking its toll on Victor, and he is just one of those simple guys who does his job in the ring. Victor should have done himself a favor and got in the gym before the press tour because he looks fat and out of shape. This kid better get it done in the first few rounds or he may find himself on a spinning mary-go-round with grease on his palm...
AussieLad
This fight is a steaming turd
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 28 2011, 12:05 AM) *

Don't watch it then. Even when it comes on youtube. Or on TV. Simple as phonics
Box in Hand
A few things, Victor is good but he is not ready! Next, Floyd has already played with Victor's mind just like he does everyone else so round 1 to Floyd. Next, Floyd saying he is going to destroy this kid at the end was classic and let's me know Floyd saw all he needs to see the night Ortiz beat Berto. Gimme Floyd by 12 round decapitation.
Fitz
Yah, Ortiz didn't sound very confident.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 27 2011, 11:04 PM) *
I watched it earlier, and I felt bad about Floyd owning Ortiz like that! He paid this guy no attention after the first couple of mins, then he started getting in his ass. "That could be the Green Hornet ring". I was through after that because I knew the jokes were gearing up. Then he asked Max Kellerman if he was wearing Prada shoes while Ortiz was talking, smh. The extra pressure stemming from this big event is taking its toll on Victor, and he is just one of those simple guys who does his job in the ring. Victor should have done himself a favor and got in the gym before the press tour because he looks fat and out of shape. This kid better get it done in the first few rounds or he may find himself on a spinning mary-go-round with grease on his palm...

He did look fat and even said he wasn't in camp yet WTF? Floyd looked like a fucking cheetah already.
gravytrain
this faceoff was terrible. they shouldn't even release this shit.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 28 2011, 12:19 AM) *
A few things, Victor is good but he is not ready! Next, Floyd has already played with Victor's mind just like he does everyone else so round 1 to Floyd. Next, Floyd saying he is going to destroy this kid at the end was classic and let's me know Floyd saw all he needs to see the night Ortiz beat Berto. Gimme Floyd by 12 round decapitation.

LOL...Mayweather was unusually laid back. I saw his training video for ortiz. He looked like a full on welter weight. I think his body has fully matured at the weight. He's put on a bit more muscle probably a bit more power. Ortiz looks like a elementary school kid getting ready to take a college arithmetic test fully befuddled he looked and sounded. Mayweather by TKO 10th or 7th.
Hotsauce
LMAO @ what floyd said at the end
Hotsauce
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 27 2011, 10:54 PM) *
And BTW May was just laughing at Victor. Victor looked like a fool coming in and disrespecting Mayweather and acting like that. His demeanor changed after that Berto win he let that shit get to his head already. This is a legit opponent but still not enough to beat Mayweather. And what was intriguing out of all of this was May's insisting that he will stand his ground and fight toe to toe with Ortiz. Ortiz is stronger than the Mosley Mayweather fought I believe. If Mayweather fights toe to toe with a guy this much power and strength then people need to give him extra credit. The fight will be more exciting if Mayweather fights like that. I can't wait for Sept. 17.

i agree. ortiz does have power, he has knock down all of his opponents.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 27 2011, 11:48 PM) *
LOL...Mayweather was unusually laid back. I saw his training video for ortiz. He looked like a full on welter weight. I think his body has fully matured at the weight. He's put on a bit more muscle probably a bit more power. Ortiz looks like a elementary school kid getting ready to take a college arithmetic test fully befuddled he looked and sounded. Mayweather by TKO 10th or 7th.

I saw that video too and yeah Floyd does look pretty good and he looks like he's training for power and speed this time around. Goldfish vs. the shark here and we all know what happens in a fight against a goldfish and a shark lol.
DubC
Watching online right now....Just started it...Will probably update

First thing I noticed was body language, says a lot to me....

Ortiz looks a bit tense and Floyd seems to be chillin...If they come into the ring with the same body language, it is over

EDIT: "And all due respect, I was born to do this as well bro" laugh.gif

Sounds like Vic is a little starstruck...

EDIT x2: Max "how do your beat FM?" Vic responds "At this point I have no idea, I haven't started training camp"

Seriously? Like he hasn't seen Floyd fight and doesn't have an idea how he should approach it...He seems a bit skeptical right now, and a little too worried...Floyd is just having fun with it and being himself (minus the bashing, which we will see in 24\7

EDIT x3: FM says "You make any mistakes, you have to pay" and Vic says "I say the same thing, you have to pay"

Really? Who makes more mistakes in the ring???

AND... FM "what are you going to do to me? Whats the gameplan" Vic "well, I'm gonna do to you what Chavez did to uhhhhh (floyd remind him it was Roger in 1985-but vic was trying to play some baby mind games like he didn't know who it was)" blah blah blah "I'm gonna do something along those lines"

LMAO...That was epic

Good watch...FM seems cool and collected, not worried (which could be a bad thing) but Vic seems really tense...

Should be a damn good fight to watch, looking forward to it and may the best man win...

Personally, I think it is a little too soon for Vic to be at this stage-but he does look much better at WW than he did at JWW...

Honestly, in the end...I don't see any way (other than an early KO) that Vic wins this, I feel he will be broken down...When Floyd figures him out after the second or third round, where will Vics mind be? I see Vic coming out strong in the first round, and Floyd feeling him out...Can Vic he land one of those bombs really early??? If not, it could be Boxing 101 for Ortiz...I hope, and I think, that FM will stand in front of Vic and fight like he did the better part of the Mosley fight...There is always that chance, a big punch could land and Vic has the youth and stamina to follow up on it and attempt to get that KO...

Either way, it will be a lot of fun for us boxing fans...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 28 2011, 02:05 PM) *

Absolutely.

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 28 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Don't watch it then. Even when it comes on youtube. Or on TV. Simple as phonics

Don't worry I won't. I'd rather take a good shit & have a wank if I'm honest.
Spyder
After watching that video, I'm convinced that Ortiz has some mental condition. Not developmentally, but psychologically. He's either crazy, or a step away from it. Homeboy reminded me of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. This shit will definitely be a spectacle, but it WON'T be a boxing match. This crazy dude is gonna get tazed by the COPS.

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 28 2011, 09:35 AM) *
Don't worry I won't. I'd rather take a good shit & have a wank if I'm honest.

Thats an unfair comparison as that combo might just beat any sporting event.
Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 28 2011, 05:25 AM) *
Thats an unfair comparison as that combo might just beat any sporting event.

True. Steve should come up with a new comparison that's more fair to the fight in question.
ViperSniper
According to Ortiz he said when he was 9 years old that he would be the Welterweight Champion of the world and first thing he would do is face Floyd Mayweather and give him his first defeat!! That would mean Victor for some reason made that prediction the same year Mayweather made his debut at 130 and somehow knew the future Mayweather would end up having? WOW!!

Ortiz seemed extremely quite at the Face-Off. Floyd should have handed him his bottle of water! Seemed the only thing Victor could come up with is doubling up on what Mayweather was saying! Was it just me or did Victors face appear to be a lil on the glossy side by the end of it all?? Seems the camera and lights are getting to him already.

Victor is in no way ready for a fight of this magnitude and is in no way in Mayweather league either. Victor still comes across like a kid and his past will come to haunt him once the bell rings. This will be easy work for Mayweather and it's exactly why he all of a sudden decided to come back from his vacation to conveniently become Welterweight Champion. JUST enough to stay relevant in boxing!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 28 2011, 07:38 PM) *
True. Steve should come up with a new comparison that's more fair to the fight in question.

I would rather watch football whilst my missus complains & talks the whole way through it & have a wank at 1/2 time.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 27 2011, 11:54 PM) *

Have you not watched previous Floyd press conferences (c'mon you know you have, you probably watch them in slo-mo.) He says this toe-to-toe jibba jabba every time.

It really is no guarantee of shit. At least when Steve says he's gonna take a dump and a wank you know he's gonna follow thru laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 28 2011, 12:05 PM) *
Have you not watched previous Floyd press conferences (c'mon you know you have, you probably watch them in slo-mo.) He says this toe-to-toe jibba jabba every time.

It really is no guarantee of shit. At least when Steve says he's gonna take a dump and a wank you know he's gonna follow thru laugh.gif

Did you notice how Lizard is campaigning for Floyd to get "extra credit" if he battles with Ortiz. Top class nuthugging.
Eighty88Eight
They both sounded stupid, nervous, and incoherent as far as I'm concerned. An edited 12 minute program doesn't determine outcomes. I don't think Ortiz is smart enough to get the better of Floyd over 12 rounds, but a cute left cross firmly planted on Floyd's chin might argue otherwise. The best part of it is when Floyd says he won't be moving or boxing. He sounds sincere when he says that, and I believe him. I think he's butthurt over all the love for Manny so he's making himself into a more crowd-pleasing fighter.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 27 2011, 10:08 PM) *
It was like night and day. Ortiz sounded like he was on a job interview for a bar tending gig or something ("Im your man. You wont be disappointed" type shit). Maweather was just laughing at em. Chillaxed. Ortiz is gonna get fckd uo. Period. End of story. He was just so rook in there.

Had this same discussion two nights ago with my comrade. Ortiz is going to take a sound beating again.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 07:39 AM) *
They both sounded stupid, nervous, and incoherent as far as I'm concerned. An edited 12 minute program doesn't determine outcomes. I don't think Ortiz is smart enough to get the better of Floyd over 12 rounds, but a cute left cross firmly planted on Floyd's chin might argue otherwise. The best part of it is when Floyd says he won't be moving or boxing. He sounds sincere when he says that, and I believe him. I think he's butthurt over all the love for Manny so he's making himself into a more crowd-pleasing fighter.

See my previous post. Floyd don't give a fuck about the fans.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 28 2011, 09:47 AM) *
See my previous post. Floyd don't give a fuck about the fans.

Nah, I think he does. He'll preserve his own ass before our entertainment, as well he should, but I don't think we'll be seeing him dance around the ring Sept 17. He's always fought aggressively against southpaws and I think he believes Ortiz doesn't fight well on the back foot anyway.
Allmenjoi8
That was funny. I knew I had a purpose for coming to work. For everyone who says this fight is a waste, why would you waste your time watching the face off if you have 0 interest in the fight? Why even come on the board? Anyway, of course it will be a great fight, Canelo vs. Gomez and some good under cards. Wine and BBQ will be in full effect come Sep 17 and the next day I get to see Mike Vick tear into the ATL Falcons. Good weekend in for sports.
thehype
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 27 2011, 10:08 PM) *

LMAO @ a job interview for a bartending gig. LOL. Agreed.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 28 2011, 11:04 PM) *
That was funny. I knew I had a purpose for coming to work. For everyone who says this fight is a waste, why would you waste your time watching the face off if you have 0 interest in the fight? Why even come on the board? Anyway, of course it will be a great fight, Canelo vs. Gomez and some good under cards. Wine and BBQ will be in full effect come Sep 17 and the next day I get to see Mike Vick tear into the ATL Falcons. Good weekend in for sports.

lol because most are still LAME as ever with all the hate
any who they will watch it no worries

like I've been saying if Floyd is dumb enough to bang with Ortiz he will lose bottom line
remember I called this and I am sticking to it, Ortiz shocks the world

Now if Floyd Moves and moves like he use to...then easy night

But Floyd doesn't have his legs anymore as I have stated here and he will burn energy fast at his age if he moves to much
thus having to settle for banging it out (like he did AT TIMES vs Mosley)

But Floyd was a bit nervous as well...opening and closing his water and taking sips for no reason..but he was more relaxed then Ortiz I give him that
Eighty88Eight
I think they were made uncomfortable by the fact that they don't really dislike each other.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 11:44 PM) *
I think they were made uncomfortable by the fact that they don't really dislike each other.

good point never looked at it like that....but it is fighting so shit talk and the dislike will come eventually
thehype
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jul 28 2011, 10:30 AM) *
like I've been saying if Floyd is dumb enough to bang with Ortiz he will lose bottom line
remember I called this and I am sticking to it, Ortiz shocks the world

IF he chooses to bang, it's because that's the game plan based on a weakness they've exploited. Please remember, you don't have to move to make people miss and pay...just ask James Toney. LOL.

But Floyd doesn't have his legs anymore as I have stated here and he will burn energy fast at his age if he moves to much
thus having to settle for banging it out (like he did AT TIMES vs Mosley)

MYTH! Don't be sippin' the Freddie Roach Kool-Aid. LOL. There's no need to move when you're fighting someone who isn't applying pressure...which Mosley clearly was not. IF you ever have a chance to see him spar lately, you'll quickly realize that his legs are just fine and he has no problems with moving.

But Floyd was a bit nervous as well...opening and closing his water and taking sips for no reason..but he was more relaxed then Ortiz I give him that

Nervous? LOL. It's kind of hard to be nervous when you're fighting someone you handpicked. LOL. The water thing is just something that he always does...even when he's at home watching basketball or rolling in his ride. I don't know what that is, but it's definitely something that he always does. More than anything, I thought he looked more like someone who couldn't wait to get in the ring and whoop some ass.

"I'm finna get in here and destroy this kid (laughing)!" - Floyd Mayweather

I mean, that about sums it up in my opinion. It's almost like he and Kellerman were laughing about an inside joke that they both knew. We shall see though. I definitely don't think it's going to be quite as easy as an older Floyd Mayweather may think. Ortiz may have a couple nice moments and land a few shots, but in the end, I expect at least a 8-4 round UD for Floyd.

I wouldn't read too much into either guy during that face off though. More than likely, they were both probably sharing a couple of laughs together before it started and immediately after it was over. That crap is just done to promote the fight...nothing more, nothing less....to make everyone start over-analyzing stuff and get pumped for the fight. Personally, I thought this one was kind of weak. It wasn't the weakest though. Pacquiao-Clottey might have been the weakest. I think Klitschko-Haye was probably the best. This one falls somewhere in the middle I guess. Ortiz just wasn't witty enough to create some interesting back-and-forth banter with Floyd. Floyd quickly lost interest in the discussion, more concerned about choppin' it up with Kellerman than anything else. He practically had to feed Ortiz a few lines just to make it fun. LOL.

But like I said, we shall see. Perhaps Ortiz's lack of promo skills will all be forgotten if he can take care of business inside that ring. I just hope that he's not showing a little too much respect, otherwise, it will be more lopsided than the 7-1 odds are predicting. If I'm Ortiz, I just say, "Fuck it", and go in there swinging for the fences like a young, strong champion should do. Make it Hagler-Hearns all over again...don't even give Floyd a chance to figure me out...just let those fists fly and plan to empty the tank in the first four rounds. If I don't get him after that, then hey, fuck it...at least I made a fight out of it and people will respect me more. That's how I would approach the fight.
streetlion1
I liked how Ortiz said he didnt care about anything Floyd was talking about....whether people think Ortiz is "ready" or not he does have the heart of a champion. I see this as a very dangerous fight for Mayweather...Ortiz has the heart and the stamina to press Mayweather the whole fight. I heard Mayweather say he wasnt going to back up or be defensive...that'll be interesting to see once he tastes any bit of Ortiz's power whether he sticks true to that. Ortiz is no old Mosley in there!

I do expect Floyd to win...but it wont be an easy win...Ortiz is a very live dog.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 28 2011, 10:54 AM) *
IF he chooses to bang, it's because that's the game plan based on a weakness they've exploited. Please remember, you don't have to move to make people miss and pay...just ask James Toney. LOL.

MYTH! Don't be sippin' the Freddie Roach Kool-Aid. LOL. There's no need to move when you're fighting someone who isn't applying pressure...which Mosley clearly was not. IF you ever have a chance to see him spar lately, you'll quickly realize that his legs are just fine and he has no problems with moving.

Nervous? LOL. It's kind of hard to be nervous when you're fighting someone you handpicked. LOL. The water thing is just something that he always does...even when he's at home watching basketball or rolling in his ride. I don't know what that is, but it's definitely something that he always does. More than anything, I thought he looked more like someone who couldn't wait to get in the ring and whoop some ass.

I mean, that about sums it up in my opinion. It's almost like he and Kellerman were laughing about an inside joke that they both knew. We shall see though. I definitely don't think it's going to be quite as easy as an older Floyd Mayweather may think. Ortiz may have a couple nice moments and land a few shots, but in the end, I expect at least a 8-4 round UD for Floyd.

I wouldn't read too much into either guy during that face off though. More than likely, they were both probably sharing a couple of laughs together before it started and immediately after it was over. That crap is just done to promote the fight...nothing more, nothing less....to make everyone start over-analyzing stuff and get pumped for the fight. Personally, I thought this one was kind of weak. It wasn't the weakest though. Pacquiao-Clottey might have been the weakest. I think Klitschko-Haye was probably the best. This one falls somewhere in the middle I guess. Ortiz just wasn't witty enough to create some interesting back-and-forth banter with Floyd. Floyd quickly lost interest in the discussion, more concerned about choppin' it up with Kellerman than anything else. He practically had to feed Ortiz a few lines just to make it fun. LOL.

But like I said, we shall see. Perhaps Ortiz's lack of promo skills will all be forgotten if he can take care of business inside that ring. I just hope that he's not showing a little too much respect, otherwise, it will be more lopsided than the 7-1 odds are predicting. If I'm Ortiz, I just say, "Fuck it", and go in there swinging for the fences like a young, strong champion should do. Make it Hagler-Hearns all over again...don't even give Floyd a chance to figure me out...just let those fists fly and plan to empty the tank in the first four rounds. If I don't get him after that, then hey, fuck it...at least I made a fight out of it and people will respect me more. That's how I would approach the fight.

where have you seen Floyd sparring lately? has even begun sparring yet?
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 28 2011, 11:54 PM) *

good points made Hype...looking forward to the fight....
thehype
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 10:57 AM) *
where have you seen Floyd sparring lately? has even begun sparring yet?

Vegas. And yes.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 28 2011, 11:35 AM) *
Vegas. And yes.

..... how did he look good?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.