Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alex Ariza: "Dude, don't worry about the sport." RE: Steroids
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Eighty88Eight
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168273-...iza-rips-conte-

"I welcome the testing. All that I'm saying is that Victor Conte is going on some kind of soap box about cleaning up the sport," said Ariza. "Dude, 'Don't worry about the sport, we're doing just fine. Worry about whatever bullsh*t you're doing and stay on your side of the fence.'"

Mr. "Manny Doesn't Know What He Puts In His Body" has gotten into a verbal row with Victor Conte, a steroid distributing guy who made headlines during the Roger Clemens & Co. Balco scandal. The steroid expert has long been accusing Roach's fighters, since James Toney (steroids) and Chavez Jr. (diarrhetic), of taking performance enhancers. Alex Ariza vehemently(loudly) denies it all, supports all sorts of testing, of course, as long as there is a 30, 24, then 14 day cut off.

These Wild Card guys should all be tested for everything, including Alex Ariza, who's likely taking diarrhetics-of-the-mouth. These people, with All Around Nice Guys Freddie Roach and Manny Pacquiao as its heads, are presenting some kinda facade to the public. They talk too much, deny too loudly, and provide too little proof of claim. I would never take a politician at his word, let alone a congressman of one of the most corrupt governments on Earth.

Gee, I sound awfully angry this morning, huh?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 02:13 PM) *
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168273-...iza-rips-conte-

"I welcome the testing. All that I'm saying is that Victor Conte is going on some kind of soap box about cleaning up the sport," said Ariza. "Dude, 'Don't worry about the sport, we're doing just fine. Worry about whatever bullsh*t you're doing and stay on your side of the fence.'"

Mr. "Manny Doesn't Know What He Puts In His Body" has gotten into a verbal row with Victor Conte, a steroid distributing guy who made headlines during the Roger Clemens & Co. Balco scandal. The steroid expert has long been accusing Roach's fighters, since James Toney (steroids) and Chavez Jr. (diarrhetic), of taking performance enhancers. Alex Ariza vehemently(loudly) denies it all, supports all sorts of testing, of course, as long as there is a 30, 24, then 14 day cut off.

These Wild Card guys should all be tested for everything, including Alex Ariza, who's likely taking diarrhetics-of-the-mouth. These people, with All Around Nice Guys Freddie Roach and Manny Pacquiao as its heads, are presenting some kinda facade to the public. They talk too much, deny too loudly, and provide too little proof of claim. I would never take a politician at his word, let alone a congressman of one of the most corrupt governments on Earth.

Gee, I sound awfully angry this morning, huh?

I dont think its fair to say they deny too loudly the allegations made by a family of criminals, and I know they dont have to provide proof of their innocence, their accusers have to provide proof of their guilt.

Although if you really want proof, I suppose you should contact the commisions involved in every one of Mannys fights and ask them whether he passed or failed the tests mandated by those commisions to allow him to fight.
Eighty88Eight
I'm suspicious on the grounds of their own stated apprehensions (cut off dates), doublespeak (we agreed to all demands), and downright bizarreries (Manny doesn't know what he takes, I give him everything - Ariza. Manny doesn't even like taking vitamins - Roach. I'm scared of needles, it makes me weak - Pacquiao). These people are a bunch of bumbling, fumbling, stuttering, conniving weasels who give appearances of people with something to hide. Shut up and take the test. The LIE DETECTOR TEST.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 08:30 AM) *
I'm suspicious on the grounds of their own stated apprehensions (cut off dates), doublespeak (we agreed to all demands), and downright bizarreries (Manny doesn't know what he takes, I give him everything - Ariza. Manny doesn't even like taking vitamins - Roach. I'm scared of needles, it makes me weak - Pacquiao). These people are a bunch of bumbling, fumbling, stuttering, conniving weasels who give appearances of people with something to hide. Shut up and take the test. The LIE DETECTOR TEST.

Khan agreed to take the test which means that he really wants to fight May. My question is, if Khan can agree what is all the BS with Manny not wanting to take the test? It makes his look guilty. Bonds never tested positive, Marion Jones (use to be my favorite female athlete. Her work ethic was incredible, i guess I know why)who happened to pass every Olympic blood test, A Rod, Clemens, McGuire, and Lance Armstrong. You can cheat the test, especially when big names and big money is involved. Chavez Jr. tested posted as stated, Shane M. and James Tony. My question is if he is a representative of his country and someone is accusing you of being dirty wouldn't you want to show the world that you are clean that you represent a pure athlete. Khan who is all mouth sis saying test me. No cut off dates. But what Khan said during the Judah fight was interesting "Ariza has made me stronger, I do not feel like I was even in a fight" weird. Anyway he should take the test. And Good morning friend
Eighty88Eight
Anonymous sources intercepted an image taken from Alex Ariza's phone that show all the proof we need of Amir Khan's "integrity": http://muscle.iuhu.org/wp-content/uploads/...cks-ass-bum.jpg
Allmenjoi8
Is that real? Wow.
Hops
IMHO, this is too late. Floyd Mayweather has already benefited from PED's. He used PED's to grow into a full fledged welter and can even fight bigger at 154. He suddenly looked suspiciously big against Dela Hoya as Khan mentioned. Floyd already knows the benefits of PED's. So it would be unfair for Floyd to not let Pacquiao use PED's when he himself has already benefited from it.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Hops @ Jul 28 2011, 10:09 AM) *
IMHO, this is too late. Floyd Mayweather has already benefited from PED's. He used PED's to grow into a full fledged welter and can even fight bigger at 154. He suddenly looked suspiciously big against Dela Hoya as Khan mentioned. Floyd already knows the benefits of PED's. So it would be unfair for Floyd to not let Pacquiao use PED's when he himself has already benefited from it.

There is no point in stopping the Nazi's from exterminating the Jews, I mean, they've already killed so many of them, right? Quit projecting your mans steroid use, Pac Team Member, Floyd is the initiator of these tests.
Hops
Hahaha!!!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 03:21 PM) *
There is no point in stopping the Nazi's from exterminating the Jews, I mean, they've already killed so many of them, right? Quit projecting your mans steroid use, Pac Team Member, Floyd is the initiator of these tests.

88 was used by the Nazi's. Are you a Nazi?
Eighty88Eight
I'm a Truth Nazi, exterminating lies and sending them to the gas chambers wherever confronted. You, sir, are a serial projector. I don't wanna be on your Lie Nazi team.
lloyd mayflower
Somethin is wrong with you
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 28 2011, 10:39 AM) *
Somethin is wrong with you

ah, the repartee of the charlatan.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 03:42 PM) *
ah, the repartee of the charlatan.

I've been to see the Charlatans before. You like them? Whats your favourite song?
Eighty88Eight
i dont listen to steroid music
lloyd mayflower
Give them a go. You'll find them on youtube.
Eighty88Eight
that music needs to take the tess
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 09:45 AM) *
i dont listen to steroid music

LMAO!!!!! For all of you who say Floyd is on something you have to be on something. What was FLoyd's last knockout? Of coursed he looked bigger against Oscar, he was at 154, that is not a natural size. I guess JMM is on steroids too because he is going to come in at 147. Logic is only for the intelligent I see.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 28 2011, 11:05 AM) *
LMAO!!!!! For all of you who say Floyd is on something you have to be on something. What was FLoyd's last knockout? Of coursed he looked bigger against Oscar, he was at 154, that is not a natural size. I guess JMM is on steroids too because he is going to come in at 147. Logic is only for the intelligent I see.

A bit TOO much logic, missy. Take the test.
jlupi
we should merge all these pac/MW testing threads. It would break some records.

"Part of this has to do with whether they are in a sport where I believe there are huge loopholes in testing or if they come from a country -- in Bolt’s case, like Jamaica -- where I really do not think they have effective testing. UFC does not have effective testing. Boxers -- in the world of boxing, everybody is suspect. They do not have effective testing in place. Manny Pacquiao is highly suspicious. Floyd Mayweather is highly suspicious. Anytime you come from a lower weight division and you come to a higher weight division -- as many as eight weight divisions -- and you retain speed and power, it’s suspicious."

victor conte
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jul 28 2011, 12:09 PM) *
we should merge all these pac/MW testing threads. It would break some records.

you're a bit too clever there, playboy. take the test.
BoxingWizard23
Man we all know Ariza gave The Terrorist one of his new shakes he spruced up for his Judah fight. Ariza has a couple of weeks to come up with new shakes for everytime one of the wildcard fighters fight. Pacman will KO Marquez in under 5 rounds with the new shakes Ariza is making. Hell, that shit he gave Pacman against Shane worked it's charm.....barely. The Terrorist can't wait to fight Mayweather so Ariza can give him the deluxe special shakes he gives to Pacman. Roach use to supply Pacman with the shakes but we all know he was some shit so he got the Alex Ariza aka The Shake Man to juice his fighters like HI-C. Floyd ain't stupid he knows when you come up and down weight that easily in a matter of months you will lose something. People can't notice that Floyd has lost power in these weights he's in and some speed. 154 he looked slower than usual and his punches didn't do as much damage at 147. Of course he looks a bit bigger now his body has finally matured to the welterweight divison unlike Pacman which took him less than a year when he was fighting at Jr Lighweight in that same year he went up to Welter. SMH the proof is in the pudding.
mgrover
seems like bitter haters. the system is innocent till proven guilty, there is not one shred of proof apart from speculation. people and there fucking theories...
jlupi
people and there fucking theories...>>>>

LOL I was thinking the saME thing.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 28 2011, 03:39 PM) *
seems like bitter haters. the system is innocent till proven guilty, there is not one shred of proof apart from speculation. people and there fucking theories...

This isn't a court room, and I'm not the law. I presume guilt when your dumb ass is saying you're scared enough of needles to refuse a 50 million dollar payday. Or rather, that it makes you mentally weak, or spiritually weak, or it gives you dyspepsia, and that you need cut offs and whatnot. When elite fighters like Cotto, Mosely, Clottey, and De La Hoya, who are all bigger and stronger, are running away from you, refusing to engage, because you are simply on another planet physically. And the ones who don't refuse to engage, Hatton and Margarito, are left as absolutely ruined bodies. When your conditioning coach says you "dont have any idea what he's putting into his body, I give him everything he has to take". That's when I presume some level of guilt, and at least a high degree of suspicion. And especially so, when, in this era, nearly all these kinds of stories have been proven in the positive.

Ok, im not assuming or presuming guilt, I wouldn't gamble on Pac's cleanliness, I hope he is clean, but I'm still suspicious of him and his entire crew. And you people disappoint me... i mean, learn to have a questioning mind. Buncha naive people. Manny's just another politician. In one of the more corrupt governments on earth, no less.
mgrover
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 08:52 PM) *
This isn't a court room, and I'm not the law. I presume guilt when your dumb ass is saying you're scared enough of needles to refuse a 50 million dollar payday. Or rather, that it makes you mentally weak, or spiritually weak, or it gives you dyspepsia, and that you need cut offs and whatnot. When elite fighters like Cotto, Mosely, Clottey, and De La Hoya, who are all bigger and stronger, are running away from you, refusing to engage, because you are simply on another planet physically. And the ones who don't refuse to engage, Hatton and Margarito, are left as absolutely ruined bodies. When your conditioning coach says you "dont have any idea what he's putting into his body, I give him everything he has to take". That's when I presume some level of guilt, and at least a high degree of suspicion. And especially so, when, in this era, nearly all these kinds of stories have been proven in the positive.

Ok, im not assuming or presuming guilt, I wouldn't gamble on Pac's cleanliness, I hope he is clean, but I'm still suspicious of him and his entire crew. And you people disappoint me... i mean, learn to have a questioning mind. Buncha naive people. Manny's just another politician. In one of the more corrupt governments on earth, no less.

am not naive, so what? he's a politician, not every politician is dirty. who ever said anything about a 50 million pay day? I swear the shit pactards say, about Floyd refusing 50 million gets re-used by flomos. Sorry mods but look at the fucking comparison.

If you do some fucking research am sure you could find something wrong with all those fighters, Cotto was ruined after his Mosley fight and the Margarito beating, Clottey was never elite, an elite punching bag sure. De La Hoya was shot, even Roach admitted it. Mosely just didn't want to know, after that knock-down he was scared. Hatton went up and down in weight, he would usually bloat up to 14 stone. So what? he's not allowed to develop any power at all ever? His speed has degraded, look at the Mosley fight, look at the Margarito fight. So what about bigger and stronger men? That doesn't automatically win them fights, Christ any time a small guy wins a fight he must be on something, or something inside that boy. Personally I don't think the pacman should be number one on the p4p neither do I Floyd, but it ain't my choice...

Nobody accused Manny of anything at all till the Mayweather's brought it up, funny ain't it...
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 03:52 PM) *

A-fucking MEN....the comment of the hour here..good shit Eight.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 28 2011, 04:15 PM) *
am not naive, so what? he's a politician, not every politician is dirty. who ever said anything about a 50 million pay day? I swear the shit pactards say, about Floyd refusing 50 million gets re-used by flomos. Sorry mods but look at the fucking comparison.

If you do some fucking research am sure you could find something wrong with all those fighters, Cotto was ruined after his Mosley fight and the Margarito beating, Clottey was never elite, an elite punching bag sure. De La Hoya was shot, even Roach admitted it. Mosely just didn't want to know, after that knock-down he was scared. Hatton went up and down in weight, he would usually bloat up to 14 stone. So what? he's not allowed to develop any power at all ever? His speed has degraded, look at the Mosley fight, look at the Margarito fight. So what about bigger and stronger men? That doesn't automatically win them fights, Christ any time a small guy wins a fight he must be on something, or something inside that boy. Personally I don't think the pacman should be number one on the p4p neither do I Floyd, but it ain't my choice...

Nobody accused Manny of anything at all till the Mayweather's brought it up, funny ain't it...

You got some solid points in there. But actually Cotto peaked at his prime against Mosley. He was at his best during that fight beautiful boxing and his best footwork in any fight I've seen him in. Majority of politicians are dirty and the Phillipines is considered with REAL evidence that it is one of the most corrupt governments on earth.

Fuck Pactards and Flomo's I'ma a big Floyd fan but I can understand and see more clearly behind the smoke screen of why they would say Pacman is on something. It wasn't that long ago that he was on the verge of falling off after his defeat to a out of his prime Morales. Since then at the age of where most boxers can't learn new tricks since their style is accustomed to them Manny blows out every big guy available minus the catchweights and weight drain stipulations that his fuck team put on.

The Mayweathers asked a logical question that goes against the law of science and weight. How can a man at his height gain that much weight and lose it also that easily without no consequences at all to his attributes?? Every boxer in the history of the sport who've gone up and down in weight have lost something.

For example. Roy Jones= lost of power and manuverability and lost of punch resistance. Paul Williams= lost of Punch resistance and power. Juan Manuel Marquez= Speed and power. Floyd Mayweather= Speed and power. Sugar Ray Robinson=Power and Speed. Etc. Now Manny Pacquiao gained= speed, power, punch resistance, agility and stamina.

Any questions??
mgrover
am sure with gaining weight, a fighter will gain power? lose speed sure, punch resistance am not so sure about, when he was dropped it was body shots, and it's been proved that they still can hurt him, thanks to Margarito. I don't think stamina is something they will lose, I understand the bigger a fighter gets the more oxygen they need.

I understand it was a logical question by the Mayweather's but Roberto Duran went from lightweight to a Super Middleweight if wikipedia is to be believed, and don't give me shit for not knowing his weight classes exactly because I don't have that kinda of memory, but was he on something then?
checkHook
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 28 2011, 03:32 PM) *
You got some solid points in there. But actually Cotto peaked at his prime against Mosley. He was at his best during that fight beautiful boxing and his best footwork in any fight I've seen him in. Majority of politicians are dirty and the Phillipines is considered with REAL evidence that it is one of the most corrupt governments on earth.

Fuck Pactards and Flomo's I'ma a big Floyd fan but I can understand and see more clearly behind the smoke screen of why they would say Pacman is on something. It wasn't that long ago that he was on the verge of falling off after his defeat to a out of his prime Morales. Since then at the age of where most boxers can't learn new tricks since their style is accustomed to them Manny blows out every big guy available minus the catchweights and weight drain stipulations that his fuck team put on.

The Mayweathers asked a logical question that goes against the law of science and weight. How can a man at his height gain that much weight and lose it also that easily without no consequences at all to his attributes?? Every boxer in the history of the sport who've gone up and down in weight have lost something.

For example. Roy Jones= lost of power and manuverability and lost of punch resistance. Paul Williams= lost of Punch resistance and power. Juan Manuel Marquez= Speed and power. Floyd Mayweather= Speed and power. Sugar Ray Robinson=Power and Speed. Etc. Now Manny Pacquiao gained= speed, power, punch resistance, agility and stamina.

Any questions??

Please, preach. We shouldn't questioned it because Emanuel is the Son of God and blessed upon High. No other boxer, let alone fighter, could have done what science and history has shown us to be nigh-impossible and we all should be okay with that. Forget any link of how some of the BEST athletes from other sports who were never caught by insufficient drug tests, but by good old investigation. Heck, forget about that Manny's last opponent never failed a drug test as well. I have, on occasion, had to accept that some of my favorite and respected athlete who were found out to use performance enhancing drugs and I didn't go into denial, I accepted it and moved on. I understand Pacquiao's significance to his country, but damn, he is not the Second Coming.

He is fallible and he is not above suspicion, no one is in sports these days. Science has allowed for comic book type super serum that allows you to run faster, jump higher, and HIT harder. It's the way of the world now. Temptation: Can you measure integrity? Not as easily as you can measure millions of dollars.
PColeman28
the thing is... increased muscle mass does give you strength but punching strength isn't just from the muscle mass alone it's from the speed as well so if you can find the perfect way to gain power and speed at the same time that's amazing, but it's almost impossible unless your Goku from dragonball z that's something that's really hard to do. but what makes pacman's situation suspect is the fact that when he was 18 years old he was 112 he's moved up 8 weight divisions that's incredible. idk if he's on ped's or not, but we have to use common sense and this just doesn't look right, may went from 130 to 147 that's not drastic but may has lost some speed along the way...lets just keep it real pacman has been getting faster as he gets older he's faster at 147 than he was a 112 or 120 or 130 or 135 why? lol but may was faster at 130 than he is at 147...(i'm only using mayweather for the sake of the argument) I would hope he's clean but just because he's a nice guy doesn't make him an angel just because he's moved up 8 weight divisions with increased skills along the way doesn't make him guilty...but it's really suspicious....
Eighty88Eight
i guess if you're suspicious of pacquiao, that immediately designates you a Floyd butt boy. I've seen Margarito take massive shots from 5'11 power punching Kermit Cintron, a natural welterweight, from undefeated tank-like Miguel Cotto, from 6'3 paul williams, and I've seen him get knocked out by shane mosley with punches which he pulled from nearly the fucking floor. but when he fights pacquiao, his orbital bone is shattered, his ribs are broken, he's urinating blood, he's unable to fight for more than a year.

there is something worth questioning when elite fighters are compelled to cower from their common opponent out of concern for their physical well being. i pray that pacquiao is simply biologically different from the rest of boxing.... a possibility, considering he is Asian, and there haven't been many elite asians to compare with. I mean, Sammo Hung, who is in his 70's, seriously overweight, and recovering from a heart attack, can still flip around and move like the wind, means that he may very well be that extremely special case. All i know is that this version of Pacquiao is going to break Mayweather down when they fight. I simply do not envision a scenario in which Mayweather beats this version of Pacquiao.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 28 2011, 03:32 PM) *

Any questions??

Manny didn't gain the speed he already had it, the same with the stamina and agility. His power is questionable because the Hatton fight aside he has to throw the kitchen sink at guys to get them outta there. Even Oscar said Manny's punches weren't that hard there was just a lot of 'em.

His punch resistence has gotten better but then that is quite common when guys stop cutting weight. I saw De la Hoya knocked down a couple of times in his early career by journeymen type fighters but he definately got a better beard as he went up and faced some real hard punchers.

Sure I'm a Manny fan but even I have to admit that his career north of 140 has benefited from some very canny matchmaking. Hoya was shot, ditto Cotto, Clottey is just not an offence minded guy, Hatton was a drunk and Margarito was shot as well from the Cotto fight and Mosley beating. and as for Mosley. No Comment, guy is so done it's ridiculous. These are fights that Manny has also vastly improved his ring generalship, boxing technique (he now has a right hand much better footwork etc) and shoulda won.

The only fights I felt nervous about were Hoya whom turned out to be a dead man walking and Cotto who just fought the dumbest fight possible.

Many on these borads especially you b-wiz have been quick to say Khan's new improvement have been down to Ariza giving him the same shake program as Manny so it will sure be interesting to see what you've got to say if he fights Mayweather and agrees to ALL testing, because going by your logic as he's as dirty as Manny he souldn't be agreeing to those kind of things.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 28 2011, 07:48 PM) *
Manny didn't gain the speed he already had it, the same with the stamina and agility. His power is questionable because the Hatton fight aside he has to throw the kitchen sink at guys to get them outta there. Even Oscar said Manny's punches weren't that hard there was just a lot of 'em.

His punch resistence has gotten better but then that is quite common when guys stop cutting weight. I saw De la Hoya knocked down a couple of times in his early career by journeymen type fighters but he definately got a better beard as he went up and faced some real hard punchers.

Sure I'm a Manny fan but even I have to admit that his career north of 140 has benefited from some very canny matchmaking. Hoya was shot, ditto Cotto, Clottey is just not an offence minded guy, Hatton was a drunk and Margarito was shot as well from the Cotto fight and Mosley beating. and as for Mosley. No Comment, guy is so done it's ridiculous. These are fights that Manny has also vastly improved his ring generalship, boxing technique (he now has a right hand much better footwork etc) and shoulda won.

The only fights I felt nervous about were Hoya whom turned out to be a dead man walking and Cotto who just fought the dumbest fight possible.

Many on these borads especially you b-wiz have been quick to say Khan's new improvement have been down to Ariza giving him the same shake program as Manny so it will sure be interesting to see what you've got to say if he fights Mayweather and agrees to ALL testing, because going by your logic as he's as dirty as Manny he souldn't be agreeing to those kind of things.

manny pacquiao.... questionable power..... margarito....broken bones.... still not cleared to fight...... stupidity indicator going mad.....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 08:26 PM) *
manny pacquiao.... questionable power..... margarito....broken bones.... still not cleared to fight...... stupidity indicator going mad.....

Let me clarify my comment, his one punch power is questionable. Manny's always had decent power but it's not the Hamed/Tyson kind of stop you in your tracks power.

Regarding Marg did you see how many times he hit that face first palooka clean? What fight were you watching. I'm surprised he didn't KILL him in there with all the shots he landed. Really what surprising about that? Margarito has zero defence and walks straight forward in a predictable robotic motion. Manny throws about a gazillion punhes a round and is a straight up sharpshooter, probably only Floyd is comprable in his accuracy. Seriously WTF did you think was gonna happen?

But lemme guess, you're a boxing fan first and a Floyd Mayweather fan second?
mgrover
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 29 2011, 01:26 AM) *

look at the mosley margarito fights and the cotto margarito fights. look at the punch output and how many times he actually got hit. and look at how many times manny pacman hit him. he hit him a lot more.

this is according to compubox and i know compubox isnt accurate but i dont have time right now to watch 3 fights and count. sure these punches may not always land on his face but

cotto: 280
mosley: 178
pacman: 474

now this might explain why the hell he destroyed his orbital bone i think it is....no am not a manny pacman bumboy, i just think theres another explanation to why hes beating people up he shouldnt be
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 28 2011, 09:05 PM) *
look at the mosley margarito fights and the cotto margarito fights. look at the punch output and how many times he actually got hit. and look at how many times manny pacman hit him. he hit him a lot more.

this is according to compubox and i know compubox isnt accurate but i dont have time right now to watch 3 fights and count. sure these punches may not always land on his face but

cotto: 280
mosley: 178
pacman: 474

now this might explain why the hell he destroyed his orbital bone i think it is....no am not a manny pacman bumboy, i just think theres another explanation to why hes beating people up he shouldnt be

ok then look at the one round, early in the fight, where pacquiao landed an uppercut that clearly broke Margarito's orbital bone. Pacquiao didn't launch that punch from the canvas with full force like Mosley did. Or perhaps you want to see the 4th round again, where a mere straight left hand seriously damaged and likely broke at least one of Margarito's ribs. After watching that, please explain to me how it is an issue of volume, and not an issue of devastatingly unusual punching power coupled with alarmingly unusual hand speed.

And i'm not a Mayweather fan first, second, or third. If you've read any of my other posts in other threads, you'll see that i'm not playing favoritism. i honestly have no dog in that fight.

Let me clarify my comment, his one punch power is questionable. Manny's always had decent power but it's not the Hamed/Tyson kind of stop you in your tracks power.

no, it's not "stop-you-in-your-tracks-power". it's "this-little-bubble-head-hits-so-fucking-hard-that-I-better-run-from-him-out-of-fear-for-my-well-being-power".
Oscare4
This argument about how much weight pac has gained over the years doesnt make sense to me. Im pretty sure if he was on the same diet he is now back when he was 16 in the phillipines, then he wouldnt have been as low as 108 in the first place... I wonder how much Floyd weighed when he was 16? Let alone if he was 16 and living in the phillipines. That said, Im convinced that the large majority of pro boxers have used peds at some point in their career. The temptation of such an advantage for the little risk is too much for people with such big egos.
sduck
I don't see much improvement in Pacquiao's boxing skill other than more power in his jab, and getting off the ropes better. They tried to say he improved after his first fight with JMM and when he beat Morales twice in a row, then when he fights JMM the second time, he did even worse the first time. For the most part, there's not much technique in Pacquiao at all, he's wild and all over the place. I can't see how you can say Pacquiao has good footwork, he's quick on his feet and that's the only thing good about it. What makes Pacquiao so good is his ability to take punishment and throw very fast and hard hitting punches for 12 rounds. The only thing I find suspicious about Pacquiao's performance is his punch resistance and increase in stamina from after his second fight with JMM. Apparently Alex Ariza became his nutritionist(?) after the second JMM fight... Actually watch 2008-JMM and then watch 2008-Diaz right after, that's a suspicious performance gain.
mgrover
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 29 2011, 06:51 AM) *
ok then look at the one round, early in the fight, where pacquiao landed an uppercut that clearly broke Margarito's orbital bone. Pacquiao didn't launch that punch from the canvas with full force like Mosley did. Or perhaps you want to see the 4th round again, where a mere straight left hand seriously damaged and likely broke at least one of Margarito's ribs. After watching that, please explain to me how it is an issue of volume, and not an issue of devastatingly unusual punching power coupled with alarmingly unusual hand speed.

And i'm not a Mayweather fan first, second, or third. If you've read any of my other posts in other threads, you'll see that i'm not playing favoritism. i honestly have no dog in that fight.

no, it's not "stop-you-in-your-tracks-power". it's "this-little-bubble-head-hits-so-fucking-hard-that-I-better-run-from-him-out-of-fear-for-my-well-being-power".

even margarito admitted it they didnt hurt him, there was just a lot of punches. and the idiot walked around the ring am sure cotto or mosley would of knocked him out if he fought like that with them
mgrover
at the end of the day its like this. this is never going to get settled till the pacman takes the test. but even then he might of just stopped juicing for that fight. am confident that the pacman isnt cheating, but not certain.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 29 2011, 07:35 AM) *
even margarito admitted it they didnt hurt him, there was just a lot of punches. and the idiot walked around the ring am sure cotto or mosley would of knocked him out if he fought like that with them

i don't care what he said.... his fucking orbital bone was smashed. his ribs were broken. he was CLEARLY in pain.
jlupi
but even then he might of just stopped juicing for that fight. am confident that the pacman isnt cheating, but not certain.>>>>

LOL If you have read anything about what conte wrote random teasting is virtually worthless anyway (unless its year round) as most athleats juce in the "off season". that means MW himself could have been taking steroids for the last 18 MOS and the benifits would be retained during preparation and he will test negative during that time. In fact thats much more likely for any fighter than the foolish notion that pac is going to take some superpill 14 days out that is going to make him superman.
mgrover
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jul 29 2011, 08:19 PM) *
but even then he might of just stopped juicing for that fight. am confident that the pacman isnt cheating, but not certain.>>>>

LOL If you have read anything about what conte wrote random teasting is virtually worthless anyway (unless its year round) as most athleats juce in the "off season". that means MW himself could have been taking steroids for the last 18 MOS and the benifits would be retained during preparation and he will test negative during that time. In fact thats much more likely for any fighter than the foolish notion that pac is going to take some superpill 14 days out that is going to make him superman.

so really its pointless for him to take the test. well cant really say that because the test stops juicing by force unless he wants to get caught.
gravytrain
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jul 29 2011, 03:19 PM) *

some of you guys do some serious yessir boss shit when it comes to articles. random testing in boxing isn't worthless, some fighters don't even do anything in their time between fights. the benefits he's talking about retaining would be from gaining more lean body mass and gaining more strength. fighters aren't going to get that from pushups and jumping rope. once you end the cycle the benefits of taking steroids declines until your testosterone levels get back to normal.

random testing could be pretty good for boxing but it needs to be from the time they announce the fight til post-fight testing. if they aren't getting caught like that then they wont get caught period.
Method
After reading Ariza's interview w this site, I'm embarrassed for him...not only for how he carries himself in the company that employs him, but ESPECIALLY in light of how things played out after he was interviewed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.