Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Freddie Roach and The Blue Print
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Freddie Roach and the Blue Print (Not Jay Z) about how he knows how to beat Mayweather. Well if memory serves me correct wasn't he in Oscar's corner when they fought? That should of been blue print enough? I wonder why he is pushing Khan to fight may first versus his main gun? I mean 75 million purse (Manny will get 300,000) versus (3 million maybe 5 million) if it is Khan. Freddie should have the blue print on how to beat May, he is 5 time trainer of the year and his fighter is 2 time fighter of the year or is it three? Roach should know the Recipe (The Boss, remember her?) on how to beat May, he seen him fight up close, what more does he need... Mr. Certified Gangsta Ariza?
Eighty88Eight
Oscar fought a good fight, and he did show one way to beat Mayweather if you can keep it up for 12 round. Unfortunately for Oscar, being the choke artist that he is, he slowed down around the 8th or 9th round. Use a heavy jab to push Floyd to the ropes and tee off on his ass. It wasn't very pretty but it was effective for a very large portion of the fight.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 11:54 AM) *
Oscar fought a good fight, and he did show one way to beat Mayweather if you can keep it up for 12 round. Unfortunately for Oscar, being the choke artist that he is, he slowed down around the 8th or 9th round. Use a heavy jab to push Floyd to the ropes and tee off on his ass. It wasn't very pretty but it was effective for a very large portion of the fight.

To bad Manny or Khan lack the jab quality. Amir Khan does not stick with his jab and when he does he leaves himself wide open, and then that is when the punishment takes place. Manny forget about it. He jabs as much as Rosie O'Donald runs, never!
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 28 2011, 02:04 PM) *
To bad Manny or Khan lack the jab quality. Amir Khan does not stick with his jab and when he does he leaves himself wide open, and then that is when the punishment takes place. Manny forget about it. He jabs as much as Rosie O'Donald runs, never!

They'd have to find another way to win, obviously. Manny can certainly back Floyd up and into the ropes. I'm a boxing purist and a big fan of Mayweather, but I just don't see him beating Pacquiao at welterweight.

Khan does have a pretty good jab, he controlled Malignani with it, and his activity and movement would be a lot for Mayweather to deal with. Good fight.
BoxingWizard23
Oscar showed that the closes way to beat Floyd was for one to have a good, stiff and hard plus consistent jab with a good reach in order to tuck in your chin to keep from being countered. Oscar failed to be consistent with it at the end of the rounds in the fight. Even when Oscar was going at the body when he had Mayweather on the ropes it still wasn't doing much damage as it seemed. May would allow Oscar to tee off on him on the ropes just to play with his mind. Oscar was mostly hitting his arms, shoulder and elbows.

Neither The Terrorist or Pacman has a good stiff and consistent jab. But The Terrorist is the closest of the two to having a decent chance with it. The Terrorist's jab is weak, not stiff, or hard but it is quick and he does have the reach to not be countered when he uses it. Pacman will just try the old gameplan that so many have used and failed against with Floyd. Just swarm him with non stop punches and throw at all angles and go for broke. Put on pressure from the bell rings until it rings again. Floyd will neutralize this as he does all of his opponents and The Terrorist plus Pac make too many mistakes that May will capitalize on and make them pay dearly.

Putting pressure on a counter puncher is a counter punchers wet dream so be my guest. You have to be extremely patient, intelligent, have a very good jab with reach, make sure every move you make is calculated and it leaves you with numerous options, don't have a rhythm, have more than 1 game plan, once there is an opportunity to beat Mayweather that window will close as quick as it opened so be hasty when it comes.

Roach has the right game plan but not the right kind of fighters maybe if he had Martinez who has a very good jab. To me he is the only fighter within Floyd's weight range that can beat him and pose a surreal danger to him. Pacman and The Terrorist will just be a boxing clinic and if Floyd chooses to he might surprise us again and bang with them to an extent.
PColeman28
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 28 2011, 09:48 AM) *
Freddie Roach and the Blue Print (Not Jay Z) about how he knows how to beat Mayweather. Well if memory serves me correct wasn't he in Oscar's corner when they fought? That should of been blue print enough? I wonder why he is pushing Khan to fight may first versus his main gun? I mean 75 million purse (Manny will get 300,000) versus (3 million maybe 5 million) if it is Khan. Freddie should have the blue print on how to beat May, he is 5 time trainer of the year and his fighter is 2 time fighter of the year or is it three? Roach should know the Recipe (The Boss, remember her?) on how to beat May, he seen him fight up close, what more does he need... Mr. Certified Gangsta Ariza?

Like someone said in a post he most like does have to the blue print just not the fighters....freddy isn't an idiot he knows if pac can beat may and he might feel khan has a better chance.. honestly i think khan vs may is a better match up than pac vs may as far as who will win i think khan has a better chance to win than pacman.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 28 2011, 11:48 AM) *

What's Freddy supposed to say? "Look I have no idea how to beat Mayweather, in fact I don't think anyone can beat Mayweather because his defense is just too good."

C'mon it's his JOB to instill confidence in his fighters by saying he knows a way to beat him, any maybe he does, I'd trust Freddie Roach's judgement on that more than anyone in this forum. The guy does it quite successfully for a living. I will concede that it is one thing to have a plan and one thing to be actually able to implement it..............but that is a different topic.

If Roach feels like he's got a plan then good for him. Why wouldn't he want to sound confident? That would make no sense.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 28 2011, 03:00 PM) *
Oscar showed that the closes way to beat Floyd was for one to have a good, stiff and hard plus consistent jab with a good reach in order to tuck in your chin to keep from being countered. Oscar failed to be consistent with it at the end of the rounds in the fight. Even when Oscar was going at the body when he had Mayweather on the ropes it still wasn't doing much damage as it seemed. May would allow Oscar to tee off on him on the ropes just to play with his mind. Oscar was mostly hitting his arms, shoulder and elbows.

Neither The Terrorist or Pacman has a good stiff and consistent jab. But The Terrorist is the closest of the two to having a decent chance with it. The Terrorist's jab is weak, not stiff, or hard but it is quick and he does have the reach to not be countered when he uses it. Pacman will just try the old gameplan that so many have used and failed against with Floyd. Just swarm him with non stop punches and throw at all angles and go for broke. Put on pressure from the bell rings until it rings again. Floyd will neutralize this as he does all of his opponents and The Terrorist plus Pac make too many mistakes that May will capitalize on and make them pay dearly.

Putting pressure on a counter puncher is a counter punchers wet dream so be my guest. You have to be extremely patient, intelligent, have a very good jab with reach, make sure every move you make is calculated and it leaves you with numerous options, don't have a rhythm, have more than 1 game plan, once there is an opportunity to beat Mayweather that window will close as quick as it opened so be hasty when it comes.

Roach has the right game plan but not the right kind of fighters maybe if he had Martinez who has a very good jab. To me he is the only fighter within Floyd's weight range that can beat him and pose a surreal danger to him. Pacman and The Terrorist will just be a boxing clinic and if Floyd chooses to he might surprise us again and bang with them to an extent.

no, i think castillo showed you don't need a good, stiff and hard plus (nevar hurd dats grammar?) consistent jab with a good reach. and he certainly fought a much better fight than de la hoya BOTH times, despite Ben Thompson's mitigations of those two fights (mayweather beat castillo EASY in the second fight, he says.... despite the 115-113 scorecards from the judges and harold lederman). furthermore, in the first fight, castillo became the only opponent in mayweather's career who both out landed and had a higher connect % against floyd. You're gonna tell me Floyd won by landing the consistently harder shots against the hardest puncher in that division? i think bob arum threatened the judges' life and made them use the white-out to reverse the names on the scorecards.
DubC
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 12:19 PM) *
They'd have to find another way to win, obviously. Manny can certainly back Floyd up and into the ropes. I'm a boxing purist and a big fan of Mayweather, but I just don't see him beating Pacquiao at welterweight.

Khan does have a pretty good jab, he controlled Malignani with it, and his activity and movement would be a lot for Mayweather to deal with. Good fight.

Easy to control Paulie, you don't have to worry about anything more than a pillow hitting you

Khan has a decent jab, but he leaves himself open to counters when he throws it
DubC
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 28 2011, 01:00 PM) *

lol @ THE TERRORIST

He may come into a Mayweather fight with a suicide bomb duct taped "below the belt"
DubC
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Jul 28 2011, 02:57 PM) *
Like someone said in a post he most like does have to the blue print just not the fighters....freddy isn't an idiot he knows if pac can beat may and he might feel khan has a better chance.. honestly i think khan vs may is a better match up than pac vs may as far as who will win i think khan has a better chance to win than pacman.

This....

Kahn has a better change than Paq IMO...
mgrover
maybe a crazy suggestion about margarito can probably execute de la hoyas plan at 154 if he recovers and beats cotto.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 28 2011, 07:39 PM) *
no, i think castillo showed you don't need a good, stiff and hard plus (nevar hurd dats grammar?) consistent jab with a good reach. and he certainly fought a much better fight than de la hoya BOTH times, despite Ben Thompson's mitigations of those two fights (mayweather beat castillo EASY in the second fight, he says.... despite the 115-113 scorecards from the judges and harold lederman). furthermore, in the first fight, castillo became the only opponent in mayweather's career who both out landed and had a higher connect % against floyd. You're gonna tell me Floyd won by landing the consistently harder shots against the hardest puncher in that division? i think bob arum threatened the judges' life and made them use the white-out to reverse the names on the scorecards.

well that was a way younger Floyd in there.The Floyd now is much wiser and smarter and if he could fight Castillo in his prime a 3rd time with the knowledge he has now he would put on a better clinic than both of those fights combined. Hatton did the same thing Castillo did non stop pressure and body attack and switch to the head when Floyd leasts expect it. Remember there was an article where Hatton's trainer was saying they are gonna follow Castillo's fight plan when he fought Floyd.It didn't work and Hatton was 1 of the best body punchers at that time and a very good pressure fighter also.
Eighty88Eight
It may be true that Floyd is a better fighter now than he was then, but I think what it came down to was the fact that Mayweather had a very hard time hitting Castillo cleanly and Castillo was exceptional at timing Mayweather's speed. Hatton was no prime Castillo. JLC could have been as great as any of the other mexicans of the era if he had just dedicated himself and fought smarter. Alas.
streetlion1
That fight is more due to DLH....not Freddy Roach. Oscar had one of the BEST jabs in boxing and at the time still had the power and a good enough skill set....and though effective enough to make that fight close alot of his shot were blocked by Mayweather. Oscar showed that a jab can be effective against Mayweather but Pac-Roid doesnt have that type of jab...and while the Con Khan has the size, speed, and good jab he is nowhere near being ready to step in the ring with someone like Mayweather....Khan would get chopped up and made a fool of.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.