Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $20 Million Dollars Turned Down.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
HazConvictedFelonMane
Further proof that Floyd Mayweather directly affects Manny Pacquiao's decisions. A source from VisionQwest has stated that Manny's comparing what he's making, to what Floyd's making, and at the behest of VisionQwest, has turned the purse down. If it wasn't for Mayweather coming back and getting a 40 million dollar purse, Manny would've still been happy with his 20 million dollar paydays. You want paydays like Mayweather's getting them? Then step up to the plate. Not only is he ducking the fight by making excuses (and fighting lesser fighters), he's trying to sue for his payday, and now he's rambling on about wanting to get paid as much as Floyd is. What a joke.
Hotsauce
manny should leave arum
Eighty88Eight
FURTHER proof? Mayweather and Pacquiao have been fighting each other, very directly, since 2009.
Warlord
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jul 28 2011, 07:12 PM) *
Further proof that Floyd Mayweather directly affects Manny Pacquiao's decisions. A source from VisionQwest has stated that Manny's comparing what he's making, to what Floyd's making, and at the behest of VisionQwest, has turned the purse down. If it wasn't for Mayweather coming back and getting a 40 million dollar purse, Manny would've still been happy with his 20 million dollar paydays. You want paydays like Mayweather's getting them? Then step up to the plate. Not only is he ducking the fight by making excuses (and fighting lesser fighters), he's trying to sue for his payday, and now he's rambling on about wanting to get paid as much as Floyd is. What a joke.

Hype, Jack, or whoever, can we get one, single, massive thread dedicated to Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao and sticky it to the top of the forum, so there aren't 30 new ones a day popping up?

This pointless bickering and posturing by the Gayfeathers and Pactards is wearing thin.
caneman

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 28 2011, 07:10 PM) *
Hype, Jack, or whoever, can we get one, single, massive thread dedicated to Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao and sticky it to the top of the forum, so there aren't 30 new ones a day popping up?

This pointless bickering and posturing by the Gayfeathers and Pactards is wearing thin.

+100
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 28 2011, 08:10 PM) *

I have said this about PBF a while back. I 100% agree with you, this is just retarded.
thehype
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 28 2011, 08:10 PM) *

Why? Does it have that big of an impact on you? As far as I know, the only real resource it's using up is the database, and that really doesn't bother me too much.

I just ignore the threads that I don't want to jump in to.
thehype
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 28 2011, 08:21 PM) *
+100

Just ignore the thread. Funny thing is though, you came in, you read a couple of posts, and you actually replied. LOL.

In case y'all didn't know, threads actually HELP traffic.
thehype
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 28 2011, 08:59 PM) *
I have said this about PBF a while back. I 100% agree with you, this is just retarded.

Then why are you in here?

dntknw.gif
thehype
And actually...for the record, just because the topic starter is mentioning Floyd, that doesn't mean any of you have to engage him about it. Instead, why not focus on the fact that Manny Pacquiao is not happy with the $20 million guarantee? If you ask me, that sounds like a pretty decent topic to discuss...which is pretty much what the title of the thread is referring to.
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 28 2011, 09:02 PM) *
And actually...for the record, just because the topic starter is mentioning Floyd, that doesn't mean any of you have to engage him about it. Instead, why not focus on the fact that Manny Pacquiao is not happy with the $20 million guarantee? If you ask me, that sounds like a pretty decent topic to discuss...which is pretty much what the title of the thread is referring to.

No disrespect to you but I don't believe the story. It's not you, I just don't find it creditable for some reason!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 28 2011, 10:00 PM) *
Then why are you in here?

dntknw.gif

Simple. I look at all new threads. Funny how 3 long time posters think alike, and I am positive many others agree.

AND regardless what the topic starter says, all these Pac/Mayweather threads turn into the same bullshit. It gets old.
Fitz
Yup, they do smile.gif
thehype
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 28 2011, 10:33 PM) *
No disrespect to you but I don't believe the story. It's not you, I just don't find it creditable for some reason!

LOL.

"No disrespect, but I don't believe you. I don't find you credible."

laugh.gif

I guess none taken even though I'm the one that wrote the story.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 28 2011, 10:58 PM) *
Simple. I look at all new threads. Funny how 3 long time posters think alike, and I am positive many others agree.

AND regardless what the topic starter says, all these Pac/Mayweather threads turn into the same bullshit. It gets old.

Then might I suggest you stop being so curious about new threads regarding Pac/Mayweather.

Problem solved!
thehype
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 29 2011, 12:01 AM) *
Yup, they do smile.gif

Just as annoying as complaints from those curious people who hate the threads, but can't help but to click in them to see what the chatter is about. smile.gif
Fitz
It's alright man, I'm sure Mayweather doesn't get offended, neither should you.

Don't take it so personally.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 29 2011, 12:59 AM) *
Then might I suggest you stop being so curious about new threads regarding Pac/Mayweather.

Problem solved!

The thread says $20 million turned down, I saw NONE of their names on title. That does not necessarily mean it is a Pac/Mayweather fight thread, I just clicked on it. Sorry I did not analyze it better before I clicked on it.

Might I suggest you go... Hahaha

I'm out!
Eighty88Eight
this is actually mild news, compared to all the others regarding Pac or May, which are just utter nonsense.
DubC
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 28 2011, 11:19 PM) *
The thread says $20 million turned down, I saw NONE of their names on title. That does not necessarily mean it is a Pac/Mayweather fight thread, I just clicked on it. Sorry I did not analyze it better before I clicked on it.

Might I suggest you go... Hahaha

I'm out!

The thread may be a little misleading, but once you see OP you should know...and you still take the time to post, and post again? If you see the OP and don't like it, then leave...Simple as that...This shit may be a bit annoying, but it drives traffic and starts conversation (and trolling)

Morale of the story...You don't like OP, then don't post and don't come back and see what has been posted later on....And THEN take the time to post again...Simple fix, don't complain just ignore

sduck
I think it's funny that people on here complain so much that the majority of discussion is about Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. Of course people are going to talk about them the most, they're the biggest and most controversial names in the sport right now. I can understand if you're angry as if that's the only thing people want to talk about, but having them just being talked about a lot is not a bad thing at all. It's controversy and brings more traffic to the sport... and to the forum.

I think Manny Pacquiao is beginning to see the same bull Mayweather and De La Hoya saw from Arum. Mayweather for one claimed Arum owed him millions from the Gatti and Judah fight, which is why he turned down fights like with Margarito, so he can get much bigger paydays with fights with people like De La Hoya, who Arum refused to let him fight. I think it was a smart move financially-wise to turn down $8 million, to go for $20 million, than come up with $25 million, and now making more money then you ever did. If Manny is regarded as the biggest name in the sport, he should be making more money... more money than Mayweather.
lol, it's not Manny ducking the fight, it's clearly his business team and promoter. If Manny gets beat in the "Mega-fight" (which I think he will easily), they're going to lose their cash cow.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Shout out to 'The Hype' for interjecting on this thread and shutting fools up. If the topic is outdated or whatever, why even respond? 20 Million Dollars turned down? The question begs, why? When I read further on the article, I saw what the reason was (according to the source from VisionQwest) because of what Floyd's making. Manny feels that because he's the 'face of boxing', that he should be getting paid as much, or more. It's just a topic worthy of discussion in my opinion. I know the issue is pretty much like beating a dead horse but these are the 2 biggest figures in boxing and they are pretty much joined at the hip. Manny should just stay in his lane. Floyd Mayweather paid his dues to make it to the point where he is today. You don't make 40 million dollar paydays by fighting guys that pose not much of a risk. If you're not going to get brutalized by your opponent, then you should be happy with 20 million. It's a big a con anyway. Ask for 40 million dollars when you're about to lace up against someone who's risk equates to the bloated payday. 20 million for JMM is fair enough in my opinion. And that IS just my opinion.
D-MARV
What I find funny is that if this was another thread about Floyd striking a security guard, hitting a female, or lighting money on fire in a nightclub, not one person would have come in and ask that the thread be merged. I, for one, find this thread very interesting and this is not the first place I read this. I first read about it last week on philboxing.com.

In fact, this really doesn't have shit to do with Mayweather. If we want to change the direction of the thread then let's talk about Bob Arum and how he likes to pimp his fighters. Pacquiao has been Arum's top Bimbo for years now and Manny is just now getting hip to the game. Personally, I hope Manny leaves the old man and maybe, just maybe, we will finally get the fight we all have been wanting for the last 3 years!

Let's see what happens... Maybe, Manny is starting to see what Oscar and Floyd saw.
lloyd mayflower
This is a good day for promoters. Boxing fans discussing financial issues and business.
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 28 2011, 11:59 PM) *
LOL.

"No disrespect, but I don't believe you. I don't find you credible."

laugh.gif

I guess none taken even though I'm the one that wrote the story.

laugh.gif

It ain't about believe you bro, it's the fact that there are more stories coming outta that camp that than bitches spitting out babies who are on welfare!

What I find funny is that if this was another thread about Floyd striking a security guard, hitting a female, or lighting money on fire in a nightclub, not one person would have come in and ask that the thread be merged. I, for one, find this thread very interesting and this is not the first place I read this. I first read about it last week on philboxing.com.

I think those are old to and the dialog in those threads have been read many times around here. I mean just for example, look how many took the shit personally in this thread alone! I agree though, I hope Pacman leaves Arum, he doesn't need him @ all and I don't think he needs a few in his camp and he needs to start speaking for himself and stop letting fools talk for him and getting the shit twisted!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 28 2011, 09:02 PM) *
why not focus on the fact that Manny Pacquiao is not happy with the $20 million guarantee?

What is the source of this information?
HazConvictedFelonMane
No matter what the topic of discussion is, if it involves Manny Pacquiao, there will be only a few sentences that will go by befrore they mention Floyd's name. Freddie Roach tried to sell the public on the Pacquiao-Mosley stinkfest by claiming that Manny was going to outdo Floyd by knocking Shane Mosley out. These guys put themselves in this kind of situation by mentioning his name for whatever reason they mention it for. In this case, it's about the money Floyd's making as opposed to what Manny's making himself. I just think it's crazy how the Pacquiao camp (the trainer, promoter, the advisor, and the fighter himself) try to paint a negative picture of Floyd, when they try to do everything that he's doing, or has done, in order to get himself in this position in the first place. He should drop the lawsuit, thank Mayweather for being a great pioneer, and take the tests so his fans can get what they want. I'm confident they will not see Manny Pacquiao get his hand raised, but they will get a chance to see how Manny stacks up against the best fighter in the sport who's name is NOT Manny Pacquiao. In 2008, I was content with Pacquiao being P4P king. After 2009, I began to see the cherry picking tactics and I became befuddled by how someone can be P4P when he hasn't been in the ring with anyone on that P4P level. People argue Miguel Cotto was still a prime fighter but it would have more merit if he was the 1st to give Cotto a loss. Instead, he waited until he was beaten up really good before he decided to dance. Mayweather fought the champion at 147 and Manny fought more soup can fighters. That's beside the point anyway. The money matters because this is the guy that says he fights for the people. The money matters because all of the mythical titles they gave Pacquiao, his paydays aren't reflective of those titles. The money matters when in comparison to his main rival's paydays. People say that Mayweather's jealous of Manny, but no one will say that Manny's jealous of Floyd's huge paydays. While Manny's paydays are pretty sizable, when they stack up against Floyd's, they look 5' 6 1/2" of short bread. Floyd sounds like a cry baby when he keeps saying he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Crying about it isn't going to get it. He has to go out there and earn it by beating guys like Mosley and Ortiz (defending champions). To me, it seems like Manny and team are after Floyd's money via lawsuit. I think the idea of this asshole making all that money really gets to him. They wanna fight his leftovers, refuse to fight him (refusing a drug test is equal to refusing the fight), and make the kind of money he's making. He looks jealous to me. Now that Floyd's fighting a young fighter, Bob Arum wants to trumpet Mike Jones as the best of the young welterweights. I look forward to seeing Pac get in there with Mike Jones. I have a feeling that's what they're going to do. Manny's gonna want 60 million to fight this guy.
Eighty88Eight
chop up that block boy!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 29 2011, 08:21 AM) *
This is a good day for promoters. Boxing fans discussing financial issues and business.

LMFAO. That's what boxing is in 2011 Lloyd.

I for one like all the different threads on the topic of Floyd and Manny. It gives me more opportunities to promote my new book, "When THE Brig Beat the Gaycock Pontoon: The Life and Times of Fighthype Poster Big Slim Sweet". PM me if you want a copy for $29.95.

It also gives me the opportunity to say things like: Fuck Floyd Mayweather and the crack infested snatch that shat him out.

Except I don't really hate Floyd anymore. I hate his gaycock fans way more.

Anyway, I digress. This is all racism and diversionary tactics.

Ask Ken. He'll tell you.
Snoop
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 29 2011, 06:31 PM) *

I for one like all the different threads on the topic of Floyd and Manny. It gives me more opportunities to promote my new book, "When THE Brig Beat the Gaycock Pontoon: The Life and Times of Fighthype Poster Big Slim Sweet". PM me if you want a copy for $29.95.

It also gives me the opportunity to say things like: Fuck Floyd Mayweather and the crack infested snatch that shat him out.

Ask Ken. He'll tell you.

laugh.gif

I guarantee that you will sell at least 2 copies.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 29 2011, 12:31 PM) *

Ask Ken. He'll tell you.

ill take a hardback copy if youll sign it!...lol
Hops
Is it even possible to actually avoid turning this thread into one of those Floydiots vs Pactards debate?

And there will always be offense taken by the one who wrote the article. That's the unwritten principles of journalism.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 29 2011, 04:14 PM) *
laugh.gif

I guarantee that you will sell at least 2 copies.

laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 29 2011, 01:31 PM) *

An excellent read no doubt. They should be promting this kind of literature in schools so young kids can learn what a historic thread beatdown looks like. If only Oprah still had her book club............................ laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 31 2011, 03:35 AM) *
An excellent read no doubt. They should be promting this kind of literature in schools so young kids can learn what a historic thread beatdown looks like. If only Oprah still had her book club............................ laugh.gif

Yes. The Oprah book club is exactly where this book belongs: amongst a bunch of repressed middle aged housewives reading how sweet it was for three men to realize their homosexual tendencies while in captivity. Ya'll will be the new pioneers for the liberal gay rights movement.

laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 30 2011, 10:56 PM) *
Yes. The Oprah book club is exactly where this book belongs: amongst a bunch of repressed middle aged housewives reading how sweet it was for three men to realize their homosexual tendencies while in captivity. Ya'll will be the new pioneers for the liberal gay rights movement.

laugh.gif

There she is! I knew you'd bite and in less than 20 minutes laugh.gif

Which is more suspect? 3 guys sitting back chillaxing with some brews, hoes and watching Manny Pac beat the snot out of dudes?

OR

20 men dressed up in britches huddling together for warmth as they float aimlessly on the open seas in a dodgy piece of driftwood eating dead seagulls and drinking each others urine? laugh.gif

Certain reputations were ruined for life with that Pontoon and the uninitiated can read all about it in Slim's upcoming tome on the subject. A thoroughly recommended read and available at all good book sellers.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 31 2011, 05:14 AM) *
There she is! I knew you'd bite and in less than 20 minutes laugh.gif

fuck.gif

Which is more suspect? 3 guys sitting back chillaxing with some brews, hoes and watching Manny Pac beat the snot out of dudes?

OR

20 men dressed up in britches huddling together for warmth as they float aimlessly on the open seas in a dodgy piece of driftwood eating dead seagulls and drinking each others urine? laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I think the cabin fever had you confused. It was more like 3 guys sitting back chillaxing drinking their own urine that they confused for beer due to the similarity of the liquid color, and jerking off to Manny Pacquiao's latest fights. Though DLH vs Pacquiao caused internal turmoil. Two of the BRIG members were in admiring awe of Pacquiaos bulging muscles. The other couldn't bear to watch DLH's face get pounded in, one he considered to be "the face of an angel". They settled the matter by finding reprints of the fishnet prostitute photos and called a truce.

Certain reputations were ruined for life with that Pontoon and the uninitiated can read all about it in Slim's upcoming tome on the subject. A thoroughly recommended read and available at all good book sellers.

Yes. Slim and THE Brig's courageous tale of overcoming their homosexual repression will also be soon featured in the first "gay" episode of "The Red Shoe Diaries" premiering on Showtime this Fall. THE Brig sure is doing the gay community proud. God bless you boys.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 30 2011, 11:47 PM) *
The other couldn't bear to watch DLH's face get pounded in, one he considered to be "the face of an angel".

I think you're confusing us with Jim Lampley laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 31 2011, 05:52 AM) *
I think you're confusing us with Jim Lampley laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Isn't he the one that called Wlad "a beautiful specimen" or something?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 30 2011, 11:56 PM) *
laugh.gif

Could be, all I remember is the "Oscar's beautiful face" crack.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 31 2011, 09:29 AM) *
Could be, all I remember is the "Oscar's beautiful face" crack.

laugh.gif

Lampley taking his toolness to new levels.
Fitz
Oscar did have a beautiful face, the women went for a reason, and possibly some of the men. Haters.

Wlad, smart, tall and handsome.

Don't hate guys.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 30 2011, 11:56 PM) *
laugh.gif

I think it was Larry actually who called Wlad, "a gorgeous rippling hunk of man" or something sickening like that between generous slugs of bourbon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.