Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Victor Cayo v Lamont Peterson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
I have to go with Peterson. I still think he has the talent to rise to the top of 140, especially after a portion of the herd moves up to 147.

Peterson UD.
JONdaCON817
im pretty excited about this fight... Im gonna go with Peterson too. ill be rooting for him.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I gotta go with Peterson as well. He's quick and can move well. Cayo is a good boxer as well, but I feel Peterson is quicker on his feet. Cayo will need to get a stiff jab going to neutralize that speed, but Peterson will have too much.

The opener fight between Miranda and Despaigne. Despaigne is coming off a tough loss, against a very good fighter. Who knows what Miranda has left in that tank either. However, I think Miranda's experience will be too much. I like him by TKO. This is a very good FNF.
Mean Mister Mustard
I was a fan of Peterson before he lost to Bradley but him and his brother need to be a little more slick, because as it stands, their defense is kind of weak.
SmartyBeardo
Lamont Peterson wears down Cayo and stops him in 12. Rugged, impressive performance by Peterson, though he was doing some grunting on his shots. His body work was brutal. He just went about demolishing a lesser physical specimen.
Cshel86
I was actually excited about Peterson's fight tonight and the finish was good for him in regards to his next fight. Lamont's defense is waaaay better than his brother's, and that has been proven over and over again. His brother seems to lack discipline, and it showed in his last fight against Rios with the DQ loss. Cayo is no easy opponent, but Lamont weathered the storm of Cayo's unorthodox style. Though Im giving Lamont his credit for the fight, Im wondering if Im the only one that saw how often his left hand was banging Cayo's right hip and Bayless either didn't see it or didn't call it. Other than that, the Peterson brothers would be dangerous if they had just a tad bit more power, and a little more assistance in their corner. Barry Hunter (their trainer) is great, but a little more help (especially with two fighters) wouldn't hurt at all. I want to see Peterson vs Alexander on a PPV undercard. I say that because it will be great exposure for both guys and we wont have to worry about Alexander getting a hometown "gift" if the fight isn't in STL. I really dont know how many fights Devon has left at 140 (if any), but this would be a great fight, other than a fight with Judah, but we all saw him stink it up in Vegas last weekend.
zucrates
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 29 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Lamont Peterson wears down Cayo and stops him in 12. Rugged, impressive performance by Peterson, though he was doing some grunting on his shots. His body work was brutal. He just went about demolishing a lesser physical specimen.

OK fight lots of good power shots from Peterson. IDK if he can get in there with Khan though(Khan really banged Judah up) but he would have a boxers shot(instead of a punchers shot only his style could give Khan problems) so I'll watch it thumbsup_anim.gif
zucrates
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 29 2011, 11:01 PM) *

OK fight lots of good power shots from Peterson. IDK if he can get in there with Khan though(Khan really banged Judah up) but he would have a boxers shot(instead of a punchers shot only his style could give Khan problems) so I'll watch it thumbsup_anim.gif
BoxingWizard23
Peterson is a good boxer. He's very patient and has a good chin. He's a ok counter puncher but doesn't have the timing all the way down.

Cayo is a good boxer too but he doesn't have alot of power in this division. He should go down back to lightweight.

The fight was very good and the stoppage was clean.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 30 2011, 12:00 AM) *
Peterson is a good boxer. He's very patient and has a good chin. He's a ok counter puncher but doesn't have the timing all the way down.

Cayo is a good boxer too but he doesn't have alot of power in this division. He should go down back to lightweight.

The fight was very good and the stoppage was clean.

Lamont v Maidana would be worthwhile.
SmartyBeardo
More accurately, Peterson v Maidana, Matthysse, Khan, Guerrero, Alexander, Judah, Kotelnik . . . would be worthwhile.
SmartyBeardo
BTW, the story on the Front Page about the Peterson v Cayo fight is not up to FightHype standards, IMO. It should be edited immediately or just shot in the head.
JONdaCON817
I dnt see Peterson beating Khan. But i will be rooting for Peterson by KO!
Hittman25
funny how cayo was pointing to his heas acting like he cant get hit in the head
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Jul 31 2011, 12:52 AM) *
funny how cayo was pointing to his heas acting like he cant get hit in the head

Yeah, that was telling. Cayo is not a bad fighter (probably C+). Peterson is a good B fighter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.