Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan vs peterson?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dlac
Peterson just won and put him top contender and khan has a open date in dec. Since timmy the headbutt master aimn for pacman. Could peteerson be next wit khan or the winner of guerrero vs maidina.
JLUVBABY
either guy would be interesting... i didnt expect much from zab anyway... that fight was a gimmie... zab was a shot fighter 3 fights ago... both guys are young and would at least bring that to the table... im still not sold on khan as others seem to be...
Cshel86
I might have to put my money on Khan for this one. If Peterson can weather the storm and slip Khan's punches, then it will be interesting...though I dont see Peterson hurting Khan.
JONdaCON817
Peterson is wayyy to hittable. With Khans speed he'd be easy to picc off. Lamont would have to try to muscle him(Khan) against the ropes and fight rough on the inside. Hes deff gonna test Khans body but i think Ariza will have Amir coming in STRONG and Lamont will find out early that he has his work cutout for him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jul 31 2011, 01:11 AM) *
Peterson is wayyy to hittable. With Khans speed he'd be easy to picc off. Lamont would have to try to muscle him(Khan) against the ropes and fight rough on the inside. Hes deff gonna test Khans body but i think Ariza will have Amir coming in STRONG and Lamont will find out early that he has his work cutout for him.

Yeah Im starting to second guess Peterson vs Khan. This is one of those fights where you hope one person stays away from the other...example, Judah vs Maidana or Peterson vs Maidana, smh.
leonthegee
Khan is too active for Peterson. Khan throws alot of punches which will keep Peterson covered up. Khan outpoints him.
D-MARV
I have no interest in that fight... Peterson would have 0 chance of winning that fight. Shit, he wouldn't even have a puncher's chance!
PColeman28
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 31 2011, 06:15 AM) *
I have no interest in that fight... Peterson would have 0 chance of winning that fight. Shit, he wouldn't even have a puncher's chance!

Yea, I can't see peterson making this a fight, it would be one sided 11-1 khan wins
kingknockout
khan has the speed on peterson...alot of people seem to think peterson has alot of speed but I don't think that's the case, he has the boxing skills and he has power.

he def has a puncher's chance though, khan can't make alot of mistakes in this fight or he'll pay, peterson has power on top of power, and can crack when he wants to (see tim bradley and ortiz fight)....if peterson keep's his cool and focus on khan's body it can become a looooooong night for khan....

take khans legs away and walk him down like maidana, peterson just has to use his jab to the best of his ability unlike maidana and move his head while coming forward and that can set peterson up for those body shots, a strong jab can make khan raise those hands......hell maidana just came forward like a bull and had some effect on khan, so imagine what someone with boxing skill can do...

peterson also should stay close to cut off khan's power, because a fighter with khan's arm length is powerful when they can use their range, peterson needs to rough him up on the inside for the full 12 rounds and stay on that body...I know he can do it.

I'd hope for peterson to win...he's a tough guy.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Dlac @ Jul 30 2011, 07:54 PM) *
Peterson just won and put him top contender and khan has a open date in dec. Since timmy the headbutt master aimn for pacman. Could peteerson be next wit khan or the winner of guerrero vs maidina.

lol @ timmy the headbutt master...thats classic hahah...and i think Guerrero-Maidana should fight for the WBC belt that timmy vacants while Morales and Barros fight for the WBA one...The Terrorist should fight Peterson and then the winner of the Maidana vs Guerrero fight then Morales and he can unify all belts. and then step up to welter and get destroyed by Money May who will save us all from The Terrorist
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 31 2011, 05:15 PM) *
lol @ timmy the headbutt master...thats classic hahah...and i think Guerrero-Maidana should fight for the WBC belt that timmy vacants while Morales and Barros fight for the WBA one...The Terrorist should fight Peterson and then the winner of the Maidana vs Guerrero fight then Morales and he can unify all belts. and then step up to welter and get destroyed by Money May who will save us all from The Terrorist

Peterson should fight the winner of Maidana v Guerrero. The winner of that fight should fight Rios (if he wins his next fight). The loser of Maidana v Guerrero should fight Matthysse. The winner of that fight should fight the winner of Morales v Barrios.

Ramming Speed should fight Khan or be ignored until he is willing and able to fight again. If that fight fails to be made, Khan should go after Berto or the loser of FMJ v Ortiz (or both). You should find a better name for Khan.

The winner of FMJ v Ortiz should fight Pac, unless JMM pulls off the near miracle which would lead to a rematch more than likely.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 31 2011, 08:59 PM) *
Peterson should fight the winner of Maidana v Guerrero. The winner of that fight should fight Rios (if he wins his next fight). The loser of Maidana v Guerrero should fight Matthysse. The winner of that fight should fight the winner of Morales v Barrios.

Ramming Speed should fight Khan or be ignored until he is willing and able to fight again. If that fight fails to be made, Khan should go after Berto or the loser of FMJ v Ortiz (or both). You should find a better name for Khan.

The winner of FMJ v Ortiz should fight Pac, unless JMM pulls off the near miracle which would lead to a rematch more than likely.

Nah...Peterson won the IBF title mandatory shot..The Terrorist should fight him. Rios?? JMM needs to dump his belts so Rios can beat whoever wins and fight for them. Then unify with Linares. Then unify with winner of the title for Soto's belt at 135. Then while he's undisputed at 135. Then he can move up. While at 140..Lucas can fight Cayo then the lose for Maidana vs Guerrero which should be for one of Bradley's belts. Then if The Terrorist gets through Peterson he should fight the winner of Maidana-Guerrero and unify with them. Matthysse even though he won his last fight..(better performance than Bradley against Devon) he still needs more work in 140 like beat Cayo, loser of Maidanavs Guerrero if The Terrorist decides to fight Peterson them Morales vs Barrios unification and move up. Bradley is only interested in fighting Floyd or Pacman.

Rios needs to unify at 135...no one there can beat him..ever since Guerrero moved up, Soto moved up an ducked him, JMM moved up to fight Pacman. Everyone else at 135 loses to Rios brutally. The best there besides the ones mentioned minus Soto was Acosta. Rios unify at 135 wit all belts then move up.

The Terrorist should fight Berto vs Zaveck winner then unify with Floyd so he can get whooped. While Pacman will fight JMM, Mike Jones vs Bradley Winner, Chavez Jr. or Rios(toughest fight for Pac besides Floyd and Martinez).

Seek
QUOTE (Dlac @ Jul 30 2011, 06:54 PM) *

I don't see Khan taking the Peterson fight. If Morales wins vs Barrios he'll be the WBC champ and Khan Morales would bring in big #'s. 100% sure Khan Morales happens in Dec or early next year. Guerrero Maidana is for the WBA belt so I expect Peterson to fight the winner of that fight. Imo, Guerrero takes it and we'll get Guerrero-Peterson, now that is going to be fight of the year candidate!
SENTRAL
I'd have to say Khan is a dead cert in this fight.  It's becoming all the rage to discredit Khan and I think I've definitely fallen into that trap myself.  Although I don't like him as a person, based purely on hearsay I must add, I am beginning to accept he is a talented boxer AND exciting due to his vulnerability.  Even that though might be overplayed because you have to consider how he was still maturing into a man when his chinny reputation was formed. 
Seek
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 1 2011, 11:55 AM) *
I'd have to say Khan is a dead cert in this fight.  It's becoming all the rage to discredit Khan and I think I've definitely fallen into that trap myself.  Although I don't like him as a person, based purely on hearsay I must add, I am beginning to accept he is a talented boxer AND exciting due to his vulnerability.  Even that though might be overplayed because you have to consider how he was still maturing into a man when his chinny reputation was formed. 

I also did not like Khan but he has grown on me and is putting on impressive performances. Roach works with Khan's style really well however his inside game is yet to be seen and fighting on the back foot is a no-no. Get a pressure fighter like Maidana in there with him and Khan all of a sudden looks normal. Ortiz could be a problem but without a jab, Ortiz will get picked apart imo. Will be interesting to see how Khan fairs against Brook, props if he takes that fight. . . .
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Seek @ Aug 1 2011, 12:49 PM) *
I also did not like Khan but he has grown on me and is putting on impressive performances. Roach works with Khan's style really well however his inside game is yet to be seen and fighting on the back foot is a no-no. Get a pressure fighter like Maidana in there with him and Khan all of a sudden looks normal. Ortiz could be a problem but without a jab, Ortiz will get picked apart imo. Will be interesting to see how he fairs against Brook, props if he takes that fight. . . .

see i get the feeling with type of pressure Ortiz fights with he can beat Khan.. also those power shots he throws can deff send Khan to the Canvas with a Flash KD..
JLUVBABY
ortiz would destroy khan... that aside... peterson deff. would have a chance vs khan... may not beat him but he's be in the fight... khan is not that damn good... he is descent but he is also very crude in what he does... lol... just my opinion on the guy but there are several contenders at 140 that get with him... we'll just never see him fight them... IF he fights peterson look for a better than expected fight win or lose by peterson... he is not a given to lose to amir con..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 1 2011, 10:57 PM) *
ortiz would destroy khan... that aside... peterson deff. would have a chance vs khan... may not beat him but he's be in the fight... khan is not that damn good... he is descent but he is also very crude in what he does... lol... just my opinion on the guy but there are several contenders at 140 that get with him... we'll just never see him fight them... IF he fights peterson look for a better than expected fight win or lose by peterson... he is not a given to lose to amir con..

Is that the same Ortiz who gave up against Maidana? Man that ONE fight against Berto sure has a lot of you changing your mind about him. Look it's one thing to hate Khan but another just to casually diminish his acheivements. Fuck me were there a lot of people on this board picking Judah or at least giving him a shot and I don't think he won a minute of any round.

So now it will be Peterson that has got a chance. And if Khan handily wins that fight? Then it will be Ortiz, oh hold on no it won't because he's getting dismantled next fight out.

Bottom line Khan puts in the work, takes care of himself in bewteen fights as opposed to that lumpy fuck Juan Ma Lopez, has shown a willingness to learn, shows improvements each time out and is wanting to make big fights. Oh and he's already said he'll take the test.

Yeah some crap rolls out of his mouth but the kid has shown that he can take a setback and grow from it. I don't have any real opinion on Khan either way as a person but at least give him the props when he's earned them.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 1 2011, 12:55 PM) *

That photo actually would've made a funny shot under your tag line when you lost our sig bet laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 2 2011, 03:33 AM) *
That photo actually would've made a funny shot under your tag line when you lost our sig bet laugh.gif

I was thinking the same thing.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 1 2011, 11:35 PM) *
I was thinking the same thing.

You know what they say about great minds Snoop. LOL.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 1 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Is that the same Ortiz who gave up against Maidana? Man that ONE fight against Berto sure has a lot of you changing your mind about him. Look it's one thing to hate Khan but another just to casually diminish his acheivements. Fuck me were there a lot of people on this board picking Judah or at least giving him a shot and I don't think he won a minute of any round.

So now it will be Peterson that has got a chance. And if Khan handily wins that fight? Then it will be Ortiz, oh hold on no it won't because he's getting dismantled next fight out.

Bottom line Khan puts in the work, takes care of himself in bewteen fights as opposed to that lumpy fuck Juan Ma Lopez, has shown a willingness to learn, shows improvements each time out and is wanting to make big fights. Oh and he's already said he'll take the test.

Yeah some crap rolls out of his mouth but the kid has shown that he can take a setback and grow from it. I don't have any real opinion on Khan either way as a person but at least give him the props when he's earned them.

the same ortiz that gave up vs maidaina i think would beat the same khan that got bombed out by prescott if you wanna say it like that ollie... lol... and the berto fight doesnt have me changing my mind about ortiz... including the work he put out vs maidana before giving up... i think ortiz has shown to be the type of fighter that would destroy khan... khan will always struggle the most vs come forward in his face brawlers... as far as judah is concerned... check the previous post i put out on the khan vs judah fight... ive was very vocal in saying judah was shot and had zero chance since that fight was signed and there was a post to discuss the fight on here... never gave judah a shot.. not diminishing khans achievements i just dont think much of him as a fighter just yet tho i will admit he has something...

and yes peterson will have a chance vs khan... he has proven to be one of the better 140 lbers... and yes ortiz, i believe will beat khan if they fight win or lose the mayweather fight... i thik he has the style to beat khan (to get khan out of there actually)... thats my opinion, we dont know they havent fought yet...

i agree khan has been putting in work and has been showing that he wants to improve but as a fight fan and breaking down what the guy has done i personally dont see a world beater just yet... he really hasnt had that dominating fight like you'd want to see a dominant champ be in... judah was shot... that was like lennox lewis beating up mike tyson... if he beats peterson in dominating fashion (if they sign to fight) i feel that would go a long way to establishing khan as the true number 1 fighter in the division... in my opinion that number 1 spot is still open for discussion...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 2 2011, 10:01 AM) *
the same ortiz that gave up vs maidaina i think would beat the same khan that got bombed out by prescott if you wanna say it like that ollie...

Yeah but Ortiz gave up. Khan was cold clocked and couldn't have got up if he wanted to. Big difference.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 2 2011, 04:39 PM) *
Yeah but Ortiz gave up. Khan was cold clocked and couldn't have got up if he wanted to. Big difference.

not really... ortiz took some mean punishment before calling it a day and dished a lot out as well vs maidana.... in my opinion ortiz is tougher and skill wise is better... hopefully we see them fight down the line..
and the NEW
Posted but just altered it. Khan should be fighting Bradley, that is all that is left for him to prove he is the true 140 champ and he would be awarded the ring title with that win.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 2 2011, 04:41 PM) *
not really... ortiz took some mean punishment before calling it a day and dished a lot out as well vs maidana.... in my opinion ortiz is tougher and skill wise is better... hopefully we see them fight down the line..

He did what a bully does. Dished out so mean punishment but couldn't take it when it was returned. that's not a good sign down the line. Did he redeem himself with the Berto fight? Sure in a big way, and I will be pulling for him against Floyd. But the fact is if Khan had quit against Maidana he would never, and I mean NEVER be forgiven on these boards. There is a clear double standard here.

I think Khan's resume is a lot better than Ortiz's. I'm sorry but I don't rate a win over Berto as being any better than a win over Zab. And I just don't get the whole 'Ortiz destroys him' line of thinking, like Khan is some piece of crap. You may not like him but he is one of the more talented dudes around.
Seek
Peterson is not a great counter-puncher. If you aren't going to muscle Khan around and back him up to beat him, you will need speed and counter punching. I see Khan countering over Petersons jab, getting in and getting out with ease. He can do this because when you attack Peterson, he covers up and waits till after you've finished throwing your combo before firing back. ESPN analysts did a great job pointing this out. Peterson needs to counter "in between" the punches rather than covering up, waiting, and then punching back. Peterson's only chance will be to turn it into a fight, put your weight on Khan and make it an inside fight. He's got a great jab and it should look good for a couple rounds but Khan will nullify it. Khan UD but I doubt it happens, Morales will be a much bigger fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.