Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can a Women Boxing Match Win Fight of the Year?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Hodge
I watched Torres vs. Nava II and I have to say that it was the best fight that I have seen since Vasquez/ Marquez III. Are we at a point as fans, society, etc. to give props were props are due. It was a great scrap and came down to one point on each scorecard. Will there ever be a time where the female fighters with take top nods?

Hodge
BoxingWizard23
yeah sure..especially if you have the likes of Malinaggi

or maybe a fight between Viper and EAlban would be a fight of the year in boxing of women..good fight there...
JONdaCON817
Negative. Unless they was fighting in a tub of KY butt-ass-naked.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Hodge @ Jul 31 2011, 04:58 PM) *
I watched Torres vs. Nava II and I have to say that it was the best fight that I have seen since Vasquez/ Marquez III. Are we at a point as fans, society, etc. to give props were props are due. It was a great scrap and came down to one point on each scorecard. Will there ever be a time where the female fighters with take top nods?

Hodge

Female boxers will unlikely ever become more popular than the WNBA in the USA. World wide it seems to be getting better traction.

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 31 2011, 05:33 PM) *
yeah sure..especially if you have the likes of Malinaggi

or maybe a fight between Viper and EAlban would be a fight of the year in boxing of women..good fight there...

BWiz goes for the double sucker punch. aggressive.gif

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jul 31 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Negative. Unless they was fighting in a tub of KY butt-ass-naked.

I still wouldn't watch it, but maybe that's generational.
SmartyBeardo
BTW, I had dinner last night with a beautiful hulk of a woman who apparently decked Kirk Gibson in Detroit back in the 1970s. She was the biggest and most visually imposing person at the table but she is still attractive as hell.
Fitz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 1 2011, 11:37 AM) *
BTW, I had dinner last night with a beautiful hulk of a woman who apparently decked Kirk Gibson in Detroit back in the 1970s. She was the biggest and most visually imposing person at the table but she is still attractive as hell.

How damn old is this woman? Would have already been mature in the 70's. Was she born in the 50's or 60's? lol. Could be looking at a 60+ year old woman.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Hodge @ Aug 1 2011, 12:58 AM) *

Hodge

You obviously didnt see the mighty uproar in the fight manager game where i tried to insert a female champion into my roster of fighters.... oh the wailing, gnashing of teeth, and pissing and moaning... And it wasnt even against the rules dntknw.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 31 2011, 07:43 PM) *
How damn old is this woman? Would have already been mature in the 70's. Was she born in the 50's or 60's? lol. Could be looking at a 60+ year old woman.

Do you even know who Kirk Gibson is?

Yeah, she's no spring troll but beauty entails more than perfect proportions at our age. You'll understand in 20 or 30 years. Don't get me wrong, she's not my type (no Mrs. Beardo) but she could carry you home if you got over the line (and kick your young ass clean and proper if you didn't do her right). laugh.gif
BoxingWizard23
Man what I would give to see Laila Ali fighting naked...EPIC!!!
Fitz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 1 2011, 01:21 PM) *
Do you even know who Kirk Gibson is?

Yeah, she's no spring troll but beauty entails more than perfect proportions at our age. You'll understand in 20 or 30 years. Don't get me wrong, she's not my type (no Mrs. Beardo) but she could carry you home if you got over the line (and kick your young ass clean and proper if you didn't do her right). laugh.gif

No I don't, but that part wasn't the thing that intrigued me about that post.

No, I understand what you're saying, I'm soon to be considered in my late 20's, and I seen women in there 50's-60's where I think they look great for their age and think to myself "I would be going alright if my woman looked like that at her age".

But she does sound old, so I was curious to how old this woman was, lol. It was in the 70's.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 31 2011, 10:47 PM) *
Man what I would give to see Laila Ali fighting naked...EPIC!!!

Now your talking....

Gina Carano?!.... Can I get an AMEN!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 31 2011, 10:07 PM) *
No I don't, but that part wasn't the thing that intrigued me about that post.

No, I understand what you're saying, I'm soon to be considered in my late 20's, and I seen women in there 50's-60's where I think they look great for their age and think to myself "I would be going alright if my woman looked like that at her age".

But she does sound old, so I was curious to how old this woman was, lol. It was in the 70's.

I think it was 78 or 79. Gibson was known to be a hard partying womanizer. He was drunk and started groping the wrong young women. When my brother told the story I was skeptical because I thought she was considerably younger than she would have to be in the story. I don't know specifically but I narrowed her age down to around 50. Her younger sister was just flat out smoke for her mid 40s.
Hodge
I mean it was like Gatti/Ward IV. All of the boxing sites that mentioned said it was a war, so I gave it a go. It's weird seeing women fighting like that, but it was boxing match we would be talking about for ages if they were dudes. HBO would do that bullshit "New Years" line up and it would have made the cut. Just wondering. Women are about to box in the Olympics and I can see a bunch of the U.S. Women becoming stars. No De La Hoya, but Carano famous.

Hodge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.