Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glucosamine? Really?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
HazConvictedFelonMane
I'm sure everyone reading this topic has already read the article on the front page. I'm not going to say that Ariza is lying. I'm not going to try and scientifically disprove what he's saying. I just want to know why it took him so long to come up with an answer. We've been at bitter odds over this issue that could've been resolved so long ago. Ariza took a very long time to disclose the contents of the specific supplements (about a year) his fighters take (one in particular who's name we won't mention). Now, in 2011, he claims that Glucosamine is helping this fighter train as hard as ever because he is no longer suffering from joint pain. Like stated, I'm not trying to call him a liar. I'm not trying to say the fighter doesn't have joint pains. I AM in fact wondering why he didn't just say this right from the start? Questions will always surround this guy as far as many are concerned. They say PEDs are used to make athletes train harder. Ariza claims that Glucosamine is what fuels the tough training routine for fighter 'X'? Who buys it, and who doesn't? Please don't turn this into a hate fest. This is a civil topic of discussion and it involves all of us because we are the ones shelling out the bucks and making these fighters the superstars that they are today.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Man did you see that Mayweather/Ortiz face-off? Ortiz is NOT ready!
Hops
Ariza is a liar!
lloyd mayflower
I prefer cod liver oil myself, although I believe you can get cod liver oil WITH glocosamine in it. If that's true.....
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 2 2011, 09:27 AM) *
I prefer cod liver oil myself, although I believe you can get cod liver oil WITH glocosamine in it. If that's true.....

In all seriousness, I may have said a few things in the past about Manny Pacquiao. This issue could've been resolved a long time ago. The fact of the matter is, we want this fight! Cod Liver Oil and vitamins of the sort are actually very good at keeping people strong and healthy. I have to agree 100%. I hated my grnadmother for this cocktail of vitamins she made me take every night, but they work. Ariza could've very well cleared things up as soon as the issue started but they responded like they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. We've gone 360 degrees, twice over with this issue. Just take the tests and fight! We get it, supplements. We also saw him get his blood drawn and go back to camp the next day on 24/7, so stop. Who's a coward? A guy fighting a defending champion 10 years younger, or someone who says needles make him weak?
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 2 2011, 06:42 AM) *
Man did you see that Mayweather/Ortiz face-off? Ortiz is NOT ready!

I saw it. I got that shit on my Multi-Room DVR. The snippet made it seem like Victor was being disrespectful, but the actual cut saw Victor looking butt-hurt at Max Kellerman. Floyd looks like it's just 'another day in the life of.....' while Victor looks like a kid who saw the big tree at Rock. Center for the 1st time. Even if he loses, if he does what Teddy Atlas says and 'behaves like a fighter', he will be a frequent face on top level fights. He may even see himself in the main events on a regular basis. The 1st time he was the main event, he quit. Fuck what he said after the fact, he quit (I saw that fight)!He can lose this time but he better take Nate Campbell's advice and don't EVER say anything like that again. Lose like a man and he'll be able to rebuild.
Bropho
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Aug 2 2011, 02:29 AM) *
Ariza took a very long time to disclose the contents of the specific supplements (about a year) his fighters take (one in particular who's name we won't mention). Now, in 2011, he claims that Glucosamine is helping this fighter train as hard as ever because he is no longer suffering from joint pain. Like stated, I'm not trying to call him a liar. I'm not trying to say the fighter doesn't have joint pains. I AM in fact wondering why he didn't just say this right from the start?

Just wondering, how many other fighters do you know what specific supplements they are taking? Can you please list them and also list what specific supplements they are taking?
BoxingWizard23
Glucosamine does in fact help with joint pains and makes your body more healthy in fighting off strains to the muscles.

It usually coincides with high work rates of training. I believe The Shake Man juices up Pacman and gives him Glucosamine to teeter off the stress on his body. If anyone knows Conte even said PED's or HGH's have side affects that allows the likes of vitamins and other supplements to counter its affects on the body of the user. Check the Barry Bonds scandal on the things the people said he took and Roger Clemens. Conte has said new designer steroids come with more negative affects then past steroids becuz of the added attributes even in the case you can't detect them. Fuck The Shake Man and whatever he says his past his questionable how the fuck is a nutritionist who is banned in every sport but boxing becomes a strength/conditioning trainer over night is beyond me. And if you don't believe me that he is banned then I will repost an article on The Shake Man's past and why. Good shit Haz
PColeman28
All i have is one question so if someone can answer this then i would appreciate this......the FDA do they approve supplements for each individual sport?
I ask this question because i know for a Fact that any form of Glucose is banned in track in field.....and it really shouldn't have taken him this long to say something........you know sometimes these athletes do get screwed over by their trainers/strength coaches.... athletes don't always know what they're trainers are putting in there bodies, so he can tell us and his athlete it's glucosamine and it could actually be something else like a Banned Supplement/PED

jlupi
i know for a Fact that any form of Glucose is banned in track in field>>>>

what injectables? sports drinks?

they cant just ban glucose as its the basic sugar the body needs. Honey, maple syrup, grape's and many fruits all contain glucose. Table sugar is glucose&fructose.

other sugars are digested into glucose

Glucose is essential to life.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 2 2011, 09:27 AM) *

Glocosamine is actually very well know in my country. Being a small country a company used a couple of arthritic old ex-All Blacks to run a pretty high profile campaign around it. So my father who had had joint pain for years bought some and he said it has worked miracles for him.

Now already I have a left knee that is a little dodgy (old rugby injury) and I'm thinking of giving it a go. I've tried some multi vitamins in the past and cod liver oil like you suggest and to some extent I have seen the benefits of them. However my dad swears this glocosamine he takes is a whole nother level.

I must check if they do the cod liver oil in it as well.
PColeman28
QUOTE (jlupi @ Aug 2 2011, 01:44 PM) *
i know for a Fact that any form of Glucose is banned in track in field>>>>

what injectables? sports drinks?

they cant just ban glucose as its the basic sugar the body needs. Honey, maple syrup, grape's and many fruits all contain glucose. Table sugar is glucose&fructose.

other sugars are digested into glucose

Glucose is essential to life.

of course they can't ban sugar, that's like banning water from sports.... glucose pills are banned in track because you're taking in high amounts of it at one time....it's just like protein you can get natural protein from meat and other poultry but people take protein shakes so they can have it in a high amount in one serving versus eating 30 steaks to achieve the same amount of protein intake......weight trainers take protein to expedite muscle regrowth allowing one to gain weight at a faster rate, because the body uses protein and amino acid to rebuild damaged muscles(which get damaged when you lift weights), the more protein the more amino acid gets released the more your muscles can rebuild which will cause your muscle mass to increase ...taking in extra amounts of glucose allows your body to increase other natural substances within the body allowing you to have a higher energy level, which can help increase intensity in one's competition or sprinting, whatever...so it's banned in track...
mgrover
this isn't a ped as someone stated because it allows someone to train harder. for example many fighters have to shoot there hands with local anesthetic due to hand injuries, and this is allowed up until 7 days before the fight I believe. To relieve pain, so whats wrong with using this to relieve pain in a different place...
Hops
Fuck! Some people don't know what glucosamine is. They thought because it has "glucos" in it means it's made up of glucose. Funny!
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Aug 2 2011, 11:36 AM) *
Glucosamine does in fact help with joint pains and makes your body more healthy in fighting off strains to the muscles.

It usually coincides with high work rates of training. I believe The Shake Man juices up Pacman and gives him Glucosamine to teeter off the stress on his body. If anyone knows Conte even said PED's or HGH's have side affects that allows the likes of vitamins and other supplements to counter its affects on the body of the user. Check the Barry Bonds scandal on the things the people said he took and Roger Clemens. Conte has said new designer steroids come with more negative affects then past steroids becuz of the added attributes even in the case you can't detect them. Fuck The Shake Man and whatever he says his past his questionable how the fuck is a nutritionist who is banned in every sport but boxing becomes a strength/conditioning trainer over night is beyond me. And if you don't believe me that he is banned then I will repost an article on The Shake Man's past and why. Good shit Haz

Dude we get it, your nickname for Ariza is the snake man. We get it, you dont have to bold it everytime. You are trying to hard to be clever. If you just let it flow then it will work but to bold it everytime is annoying and dumb. Just like you bold The terrorist for Khan, which is even dumber. Get a life.
lloyd mayflower
Lizard, can you post the article about Ariza banned in all other sports. Not saying I dont believe you, just something I have no knowledge of
caneman
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 3 2011, 10:57 AM) *
Lizard, can you post the article about Ariza banned in all other sports. Not saying I dont believe you, just something I have no knowledge of

I could be wrong but I doubt that article exists!!!
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 3 2011, 02:29 PM) *

But the "Lizard" says it does so it must
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 3 2011, 12:29 PM) *

Why would you doubt this guy? Dont forget he had a very good amateur boxing career in local tournaments who's trainer told him he would be a good boxer-puncher if he turned pro, but instead opted for school. How could you doubt a guy who claims this, without showing proof? He word is bond.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Aug 2 2011, 06:02 PM) *
Dude we get it, your nickname for Ariza is the snake man. We get it, you dont have to bold it everytime. You are trying to hard to be clever. If you just let it flow then it will work but to bold it everytime is annoying and dumb. Just like you bold The terrorist for Khan, which is even dumber. Get a life.

LMAO
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 3 2011, 08:29 PM) *

Yeah, I know I said I wasnt sayin I didnt believe him, but what I was REALLY saying was, "I dont believe you"

Wonder if he read between the lines and is now off typing up an article. We'll know anyway if it was him cos it will include some rather lacklustre nicknames and probably an open challenge to anyone on the internet.

Method
No. Not really.
EAlbian
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Aug 3 2011, 02:46 PM) *
Why would you doubt this guy? Dont forget he had a very good amateur boxing career in local tournaments who's trainer told him he would be a good boxer-puncher if he turned pro, but instead opted for school. How could you doubt a guy who claims this, without showing proof? He word is bond.

+1
caneman
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 3 2011, 02:52 PM) *
Yeah, I know I said I wasnt sayin I didnt believe him, but what I was REALLY saying was, "I dont believe you"

Wonder if he read between the lines and is now off typing up an article. We'll know anyway if it was him cos it will include some rather lacklustre nicknames and probably an open challenge to anyone on the internet.

Truth is, this whole roid bullshit has got so far outta hand that it's pitiful. I mean it sucks that Pac didn't take the test to shut these morons mouths but to think it all came from one of the biggest drug addicts/attention whores in boxing history, with his claims of the best trainer of all time when other then Jr, he ain't made 1 great champion...NOT EVEN ONE!!! ONLY a Mayweather could move up in weight and keep winning, right? It's a joke and to say he brought all his power up just makes them look really dumb IMO. GO AHEAD AND SNORE OR SMOKE THE ROGER AND SR KOOL-AID(they did and do daily) AND YOU TO THINK WEIRD THINGS TOO! WHAT A JOKE!
Maxy
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 2 2011, 04:34 PM) *
Glocosamine is actually very well know in my country. Being a small country a company used a couple of arthritic old ex-All Blacks to run a pretty high profile campaign around it. So my father who had had joint pain for years bought some and he said it has worked miracles for him.

Now already I have a left knee that is a little dodgy (old rugby injury) and I'm thinking of giving it a go. I've tried some multi vitamins in the past and cod liver oil like you suggest and to some extent I have seen the benefits of them. However my dad swears this glocosamine he takes is a whole nother level.

I must check if they do the cod liver oil in it as well.

Glucosamine and Chondroitin - needs to be a combination of the two.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Aug 3 2011, 09:17 PM) *
Glucosamine and Chondroitin - needs to be a combination of the two.

Glucosamine is made from the exo skeletons of shellfish.

Chondroitin comes primarily from shark cartilage. Now thats is a cool fucking supplement to take. You could eventually be part-shark.

I might nip down to Holland and Barret and Shark my shit up tomorrow
EAlbian
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 3 2011, 03:23 PM) *
Glucosamine is made from the exo skeletons of shellfish.

Chondroitin comes primarily from shark cartilage. Now thats is a cool fucking supplement to take. You could eventually be part-shark.

I might nip down to Holland and Barret and Shark my shit up tomorrow

Glucosamine can also be made from fermenting wheat or corn
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 3 2011, 09:26 PM) *

Fuck that. We're talkin exo-skeletons here. Don't be pissin on my party with that corn shit!
EAlbian
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 3 2011, 03:29 PM) *
Fuck that. We're talkin exo-skeletons here. Don't be pissin on my party with that corn shit!

haha, some people can't eat shell fish bro. Bugs also have exo-skeletons and i hear they are super high in protein, you could supplement the two. I think that maybe too much power for one human being tho
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Bropho @ Aug 2 2011, 10:51 AM) *
Just wondering, how many other fighters do you know what specific supplements they are taking? Can you please list them and also list what specific supplements they are taking?

that's a diversion tactic you're trying to employ. How many other fighters have went up 8 divisions, all told? How many others won't take the test to prove they're the best fighter in the world? The answer to both ?'s is one, Manny Pacquiao. I didn't write the blog on MP8, nor did I write the article on FH. I didn't ask Ariza anything about glucosamine. He offered up that info on his own. I'm just asking what you guys think of it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 3 2011, 04:26 PM) *

Actually it sounds like I wanna snort it.

caneman
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Aug 3 2011, 04:33 PM) *
that's a diversion tactic you're trying to employ. How many other fighters have went up 8 divisions, all told? How many others won't take the test to prove they're the best fighter in the world? The answer to both ?'s is one, Manny Pacquiao. I didn't write the blog on MP8, nor did I write the article on FH. I didn't ask Ariza anything about glucosamine. He offered up that info on his own. I'm just asking what you guys think of it.

Floyd has went up in weight from 106-154 from 17-30 something just like Pac dude! laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 4 2011, 07:45 AM) *
Floyd has went up in weight from 106-154 from 17-30 something just like Pac dude! laugh.gif

Stop using rational arguments for gods sake stop.

Baseless accusations have more merit here Randy.
caneman
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 3 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Truth is, this whole roid bullshit has got so far outta hand that it's pitiful. I mean it sucks that Pac didn't take the test to shut these morons mouths but to think it all came from one of the biggest drug addicts/attention whores in boxing history, with his claims of the best trainer of all time when other then Jr, he ain't made 1 great champion...NOT EVEN ONE!!! ONLY a Mayweather could move up in weight and keep winning, right? It's a joke and to say he brought all his power up just makes them look really dumb IMO. GO AHEAD AND SNORE OR SMOKE THE ROGER AND SR KOOL-AID(they did and do daily) AND YOU TO THINK WEIRD THINGS TOO! WHAT A JOKE!

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 3 2011, 06:06 PM) *
Stop using rational arguments for gods sake stop.

Baseless accusations have more merit here Randy.

When I say that and this above, they never have shit to say about it other then how Pac brought he power up with him which is bullshit! Other then Hatton, Pacman had to hit them with everything and add to that, he did actually up his game enough to have the punches in his arsenal to beat those guys, especial the right hand and combos when @ one point everything was off the left hand! Whatever though!!!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 3 2011, 06:19 PM) *
When I say that and this above, they never have shit to say about it other then how Pac brought he power up with him which is bullshit! Other then Hatton, Pacman had to hit them with everything and add to that, he did actually up his game enough to have the punches in his arsenal to beat those guys, especial the right hand and combos when @ one point everything was off the left hand! Whatever though!!!

It is well known that PED's help you develop combinations as well as right hands. The best and latest PED's out there (like the one's I'm sure Pac is on) also help with improved footwork and ring generalship. This is well known Caneman, look it up.
caneman
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 3 2011, 08:35 PM) *
It is well known that PED's help you develop combinations as well as right hands. The best and latest PED's out there (like the one's I'm sure Pac is on) also help with improved footwork and ring generalship. This is well known Caneman, look it up.

Yea and improves the chin too friends.gif
JONdaCON817
but they dont help you speak better english my friend...

unless your doing an HP commercial...

"Millions of Hits... hahaha"

"Sometimes when we touchhhhhhh"

God i hate that commercial.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 3 2011, 05:45 PM) *

but he never fought in 3 different classes in the same calender year. It's not the weight increase, it's the amount of time involved in the weight increase. No matter how you spin it, fighters are simply not doing that. They stay at weight classes for a few years, not months. JMM and MP moved up at the same time. Yet Manny has went up 2 extra classes while JMM stood in the same one ever since.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Aug 4 2011, 01:56 PM) *
but he never fought in 3 different classes in the same calender year. It's not the weight increase, it's the amount of time involved in the weight increase. No matter how you spin it, fighters are simply not doing that. They stay at weight classes for a few years, not months. JMM and MP moved up at the same time. Yet Manny has went up 2 extra classes while JMM stood in the same one ever since.

We can't help the fact that you are a dickhead mate. What is Manny's fight night weight? What is JMM's? On average they are both the same size & weight still it is just JMM still dehydrates & cuts down to make 135 whereas Pac does not.

Pac stepped up because there was much bigger money opps at 147 not because he could not make 135 anymore.
Warlord
DQ versus Burger King

Who do you got in this mammoth match-up of awesome?

vs.

DQ does offer frothy slurps of paradise with Orange Julius, and the tried and true Sundaes (both chocolate and strawberry, Mmm-mmm bitch!) are tastier than licking a candy-coated rainbow.

Burger King, however, does offer the tropical Whopper Jr. meal for the health-minded consumer, topped with two charbroiled patties, bacon, BBQ sauce, and pineapples, bitch! Pineapples! (Included with the meal are (M) fires and (M) drink.) ((Heart defibrillator sold separately.))
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 3 2011, 04:45 PM) *

Yup. Only difference is one is fully committed to proving that he's all natural while the other isn't.

It's whatever... I read today that Arum said that everything is agreed upon and that the fight should be made. I just hope that Marquez don't spoil the party!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 4 2011, 12:57 AM) *
Yup. Only difference is one is fully committed to proving that he's all natural while the other isn't.

It's whatever... I read today that Arum said that everything is agreed upon and that the fight should be made. I just hope that Marquez don't spoil the party!

Fully committed would be year round random testing and I don't hear any shit even coming close to that comin out of Floyd's piehole.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 4 2011, 12:57 AM) *

Yea he is now but not then...peeps talk that shit about Pac's head being so big but it's the jaw that gets bigger and Floyd has a bigger jaw by far than @ 130 and 135...once he hit 140 it was bigger but guess what? I don't think he used, @ least I ain't gonna try to shit all over the guy about it!

The fact is, roids will do limited things when it comes down to skills vs skills! But I agree it is sooooooooooooooo whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hops
Sorry Caneman, but there is conclusive evidence that PED's allow fighters to punch in weird angles and in an off balanced stance.
caneman
QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 4 2011, 08:57 AM) *
Sorry Caneman, but there is conclusive evidence that PED's allow fighters to punch in weird angles and in an off balanced stance.

Prove it spamman! lol
caneman
Hops? show me your prove dude!!!!
Hops
Fuck you! Can't get the sarcasm in my post. You ruined it.
caneman
QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 4 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Fuck you! Can't get the sarcasm in my post. You ruined it.

Oh, you have to admit, other are a ton who say they have proof and then you never hear back from them til they come back to say the same shit all over again! My bad drinks.gif
Hops
It's also scientifically proven that 1 week of use of HGH will give you overwhelming advantages.

Steroids are not detected by urine. That's why Floyd must ask for random blood testing. 24/7 urine testing is not enough to detect steroids.

HGH is very very effective if used alone. That is, without other PED's detected by urine test.

Oh, by the way. You test 100 times and 2.3% will turn out false positive. And it's "very cheap" for a more hitech test.

Alexander and Bradley are the ones helping boxing.

Hops
Funny. My friend who is a chemist was laughing at these testing issues. He told me that he can detect every molecule of PED's in my urine. Just got to give him $50 grand per test. I told him that HGH can be flushed out by the system. He smiled. He said that all we do is talk. That noboby just wants to pay for the more expensive laboratory tests. He asked me how much athletes need to pay for expensive tests in case a false positive turned out. I said I don't know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.