Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eric Morales or Salvador Sanchez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
Your thoughts?
salvador
Sanchez was a better boxer (faster, more accurate, shorter punches, and more disciplined), but Morales was a better brawler. Both were brutal and both would have rather died than lose.

Hugely entertaining fight if it ever happened. Sanchez was so young when he died that we'll never know how great he could have been, but this would have been a Morales-Barrera 1,3 or Vasquez-Marquez 1 type of war and that would have had to have favored Morales (at 126).
Hittman25
I Couldnt even call it... erik morales has had a great full career and sanchez was great in the short time he was alive and fighting so i cant say.....chavez haha
True-Boxing-Fan
I'll go with Sal Sanchez. He was a great great counter puncher, great boxing ability, had good hand speed and power and had tremendous heart. Boxing historians and knowledgeable boxing fan don't consider him an all-time great for nothing. He could do it all and come out of the fight looking fresh as a daisey. Plain and simple he was amazing, if not for dying at a very young age, IMO he could have been there with legends like SRR, Ali and the top guys. He is argueably the great Mexican fighter of all time.

As for Morales he was a great fighter in his own right. In his prime I loved the way he carried himself in the ring. To me his boxing stance and the way he got off his punches were a thing of beauty. He was a great boxer who could brawl. Be fought with tons of passion and he showed no mercy in the ring. He was one of the best but I got to say Sanchez nudges him out but not by much.
EAlbian
QUOTE (salvador @ Aug 2 2011, 01:31 PM) *
Sanchez was a better boxer (faster, more accurate, shorter punches, and more disciplined), but Morales was a better brawler. Both were brutal and both would have rather died than lose.

Hugely entertaining fight if it ever happened. Sanchez was so young when he died that we'll never know how great he could have been, but this would have been a Morales-Barrera 1,3 or Vasquez-Marquez 1 type of war and that would have had to have favored Morales (at 126).

I have to disagree, i think Morales was the better boxer. I think that Morales "liked" to brawl but Sanchez was sloppy and off balance a lot(watch the Nelson fight(his last fight)) Sanchez was strong and and his punches were shorter and he was definitely more disciplined. I think a prime vs prime is a great fight and i couldn't call a winner. Sanchez is the bigger man and i do believe he could take more than Morales could. I'd take Sanchez by stoppage over Morales by stoppage. I think if Morales could execute the right game plan he could win though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.