Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arum claims that there no Issues concerning May&Pac Fight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Allmenjoi8
According to a recent article by Michael Marely (speculation can start now) Bob Arum has stated that there is nothing holding up the fight between May and Pac. Michael asked Arum what about the testing issue, Arum said there is no issue that everything has been settled. My question is, is this hype of is it for real? Can there be a possible 2012 match between the two biggest names in boxing. I would have May by either UD or a late stoppage due to Manny's eye shut. I would say Manny but his has 0 boxing skills, no jab, and his defense is left to be desired, now he does have a punchers chance, I doubt if May would let him get close to him to have that chance. May will box him throughout the fight and use his size against Pac and uses his reach to tag Manny all night. This fight will resemble how he fought Judah.
caneman
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 4 2011, 09:44 AM) *
According to a recent article by Michael Marely (speculation can start now) Bob Arum has stated that there is nothing holding up the fight between May and Pac. Michael asked Arum what about the testing issue, Arum said there is no issue that everything has been settled. My question is, is this hype of is it for real? Can there be a possible 2012 match between the two biggest names in boxing. I would have May by either UD or a late stoppage due to Manny's eye shut. I would say Manny but his has 0 boxing skills, no jab, and his defense is left to be desired, now he does have a punchers chance, I doubt if May would let him get close to him to have that chance. May will box him throughout the fight and use his size against Pac and uses his reach to tag Manny all night. This fight will resemble how he fought Judah.

Post the source girl!
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 4 2011, 10:32 AM) *
Alright people, move along! Nothing to see here.

+1
Allmenjoi8
my bad. Its is on boxingscene.com
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 4 2011, 09:46 AM) *
Post the source girl!

Boxingscene.com Boy!'
caneman
pfffft
Eighty88Eight
Pacquiao supposedly told Moy Lainez that the Mayweather fight will happen next May. Of course, they're going to have to settle the testing issue while Pac is training in the Philippines.
Hotsauce
yea yea yea
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 4 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Pacquiao supposedly told Moy Lainez that the Mayweather fight will happen next May. Of course, they're going to have to settle the testing issue while Pac is training in the Philippines.

who?
Eighty88Eight
You don't know Moy Lainez? You must not know the first about obscure filipino sport commentators. GOD YOU'RE AN IDIOT. KILL YOURSELF. NOW.
Jack 1000
I would say Manny but his has 0 boxing skills, no jab, and his defense is left to be desired

That's a wee bit extreme, don't you think? Floyd and Manny are considered interchangeably to be the #1 and #2 boxes P4P in the world today. Don't discount what Manny is capable of doing, or Floyd for that matter.

Jack

PS. I don't believe this fight happens until I see them in the ring. Case closed.
thehype
LOL

Yeah right!

Arum says there are no issues because, according to him, USADA can handle Floyd's testing in the United States whereas WADA will handle Manny's testing in the Philippines.

In other words, he's preparing to throw the blame back onto Mayweather. He already knows Floyd isn't going to agree to that because, just like Team Pacquiao allegedly is concerned with the neutrality of USADA, Floyd is OBVIOUSLY going to be concerned with the neutrality of some Philippine organization testing one of their own Congressman. He knows Floyd will raise a stink about that, so he's acting like there is no issue as far as they're concerned...that way, when Floyd doesn't agree to that, they'll once again point the finger at him to say, "See, we told you he was scared to fight." Nevermind the fact that WADA has already said that it doesn't make any sense for two different organizations to handle the testing if the event is taking place in the United States. As far as I was told, USADA has no problems with testing athletes overseas, so I'm not sure why they can't test Manny in the Philippines too.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 4 2011, 02:14 PM) *
LOL

Yeah right!

Arum says there are no issues because, according to him, USADA can handle Floyd's testing in the United States whereas WADA will handle Manny's testing in the Philippines.

In other words, he's preparing to throw the blame back onto Mayweather. He already knows Floyd isn't going to agree to that because, just like Team Pacquiao allegedly is concerned with the neutrality of USADA, Floyd is OBVIOUSLY going to be concerned with the neutrality of some Philippine organization testing one of their own Congressman. He knows Floyd will raise a stink about that, so he's acting like there is no issue as far as they're concerned...that way, when Floyd doesn't agree to that, they'll once again point the finger at him to say, "See, we told you he was scared to fight." Nevermind the fact that WADA has already said that it doesn't make any sense for two different organizations to handle the testing if the event is taking place in the United States. As far as I was told, USADA has no problems with testing athletes overseas, so I'm not sure why they can't test Manny in the Philippines too.

lol i knew it
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 4 2011, 12:14 PM) *
LOL

Yeah right!

So then the only way to make this fight happen now is if Pacquiao trains in the US? Is that the solution then? Ok everybody, if anybody from here on out wants to fight Floyd Jr, you have to do your training in the US only. First Floyd wants OSDT then he wants you have to train in the US. Any foreign fighter that wants to fight him train in the US or nothing because he skeptical. How about this, just retire after the Ortiz fight when you beat him and claim you have nothing else to prove. Because anyway I could give a s#%t about this fight. The requirements to make this fight happen is a joke. F&#k everyone involved in this. Please please let there be an upset in either or both the Pacquiao-Marquez fight or the Ortiz-mayweather fight so all the BS can get blown up. War Marquez and Ortiz.
EAlbian
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Aug 4 2011, 03:10 PM) *
So then the only way to make this fight happen now is if Pacquiao trains in the US? Is that the solution then? Ok everybody, if anybody from here on out wants to fight Floyd Jr, you have to do your training in the US only. First Floyd wants OSDT then he wants you have to train in the US. Any foreign fighter that wants to fight him train in the US or nothing because he skeptical. How about this, just retire after the Ortiz fight when you beat him and claim you have nothing else to prove. Because anyway I could give a s#%t about this fight. The requirements to make this fight happen is a joke. F&#k everyone involved in this. Please please let there be an upset in either or both the Pacquiao-Marquez fight or the Ortiz-mayweather fight so all the BS can get blown up. War Marquez and Ortiz.

I don't believe that's whats being said at all, Hype is say(correct me if i'm wrong) that there is no reason that the USADA can't test Manny while he's in the Philippines. Manny plans on training in two countries, there is no problem with that, as long as he takes the tests done by the USADA. The organization recommended by WADA
caneman
On another note there is this!!!! http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/8/4/234484...efault-judgment
Hops
How can the fight happen when Pacquiao has filed for a default winning motion against Floyd. He claimed he has offered Floyd 24 dates for the deposition but Floyd has excuses for everyone of them.

Or maybe, Arum is outmaneuvering Floyd regarding this part of the "negotiation". Fight and we drop the law suit.
Hops
And on a side note. WADA > USADA. If it has a go signal by WADA, then it's as good as USADA already. The ball would be back on Floyd's hand. Bob Arum was criticizing USADA (because of people inside it). Now that Bob has approved of USADA but is asking for WADA intervention, should Mayweather criticize WADA, too?
thehype
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 4 2011, 04:30 PM) *
I don't believe that's whats being said at all, Hype is say(correct me if i'm wrong) that there is no reason that the USADA can't test Manny while he's in the Philippines. Manny plans on training in two countries, there is no problem with that, as long as he takes the tests done by the USADA. The organization recommended by WADA

What do you know? Somebody who can actually read without getting all worked up because they hate Floyd Mayweather. LOL.
thehype
QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 4 2011, 08:02 PM) *
And on a side note. WADA > USADA. If it has a go signal by WADA, then it's as good as USADA already. The ball would be back on Floyd's hand. Bob Arum was criticizing USADA (because of people inside it). Now that Bob has approved of USADA but is asking for WADA intervention, should Mayweather criticize WADA, too?

On another side note, WADA said to use USADA because the even is taking place in the US and it wouldn't make any sense, both logistically AND financially, to use two different organizations.

DO YOUR RESARCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Method
I don't even know what the big deal is here. The commissions do not require all of this extra testing.
Allmenjoi8
I just hope that this fight happens. It will put a alot to rest. I think Arum knows that Pac and their relationship is probably out the door and he wants a cut of that big purse before Pac leaves. This fight needs to happen very soon. I do not want to see a 36-37 Mayweather fight. Hopefully it can get done for either May or June of 2012. This would be an event for the ages. It should be held at Madison Square Garden but I know Vegas ain't letting that money go.

Hype do you think this fight is close to happening, heck do any of you do?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 4 2011, 09:47 PM) *
I don't even know what the big deal is here. The commissions do not require all of this extra testing.

Nor do they require catchweights, special glove sizes, 10 million dollar weight penalties, etc...

Both fighters can take some classes at the "School of El Terrible" and just say "Fuck it, let's fight". But both sides have had a history of "special services", but in this instance, I think Olympic style Drug Testing is a great thing. This could possibly be the biggest fight of all time and I don't think there's anything wrong with ensuring even playing fields on both sides. With that said, I don't know if Floyd really gives two shits about cleaning up the sport or he's just using this move as a psychological advantage or both. However, an event of this magnitude will not be harmed by extra drug testing. I just hope we see this fight one day. I think Floyd is willing and I even think Pacquiao is willing... to me, it's clear as day as to who does not want this fight to happen right now.
Cshel86
If we were to drink to every Floyd and Manny thread...then we would all be shit-faced hammered by now drinks.gif Until both of these dudes meet in the center of the ring after the opening bell, I could care less about this fight. Honestly, this fight isn't going to "save boxing" like everybody (fans, boxing staff, other fighters) is fussing about. How can these two save boxing, when they are killing it in the process? May and Pac, along with their teams are more of a distraction to the sport than anything. Dont get me wrong, I like both fighters, but these "negotiations" are more misleading than promotional, and awfully selfish for the sport.

The only thing that really matters are these rising stars (or lack there of) that are supposed to be working hard to become the next PPV stars, but they cant even step up and pull that off. All they want to do is, talk like, fight like, and make money like May and Pac, but fail to walk their own path in the sport. Then they sit around and depend on May and Pac to "save the sport". We all know that these two big fighters only have a few more fights left before they either walk away from the sport or start to get their asses kicked and retire afterwards. What if the fight happens and the first fight is dull or doesn't live up to the hype. What if the rematch gets stopped on a cut? We all know that fights can be worth the hype, or they can end terribly and disappoint the fans.

Im just hoping that these young fighters give us great fights and build the sport up to where its supposed to be once again. I miss the De La Hoya, Trinidad, Vargas, Mosley, Mayorga, Wright, Hopkins, and Forrest days when everybody fought eachother and made boxing worth watching. The 140 lb division was supposed to provide that, but we see how fast that plane crashed.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 4 2011, 09:42 PM) *
If we were to drink to every Floyd and Manny thread...then we would all be shit-faced hammered by now drinks.gif Until both of these dudes meet in the center of the ring after the opening bell, I could care less about this fight. Honestly, this fight isn't going to "save boxing" like everybody (fans, boxing staff, other fighters) is fussing about. How can these two save boxing, when they are killing it in the process? May and Pac, along with their teams are more of a distraction to the sport than anything. Dont get me wrong, I like both fighters, but these "negotiations" are more misleading than promotional, and awfully selfish for the sport.

The only thing that really matters are these rising stars (or lack there of) that are supposed to be working hard to become the next PPV stars, but they cant even step up and pull that off. All they want to do is, talk like, fight like, and make money like May and Pac, but fail to walk their own path in the sport. Then they sit around and depend on May and Pac to "save the sport". We all know that these two big fighters only have a few more fights left before they either walk away from the sport or start to get their asses kicked and retire afterwards. What if the fight happens and the first fight is dull or doesn't live up to the hype. What if the rematch gets stopped on a cut? We all know that fights can be worth the hype, or they can end terribly and disappoint the fans.

Im just hoping that these young fighters give us great fights and build the sport up to where its supposed to be once again. I miss the De La Hoya, Trinidad, Vargas, Mosley, Mayorga, Wright, Hopkins, and Forrest days when everybody fought eachother and made boxing worth watching. The 140 lb division was supposed to provide that, but we see how fast that plane crashed.

Brilliant Post! I agree 100%! I mean we aren't even past the drug testing. Wait till they bitch about purses, referees, and judges. By the time this fight happens, if it ever happens, at the rate this is going, most of us are gonna be in the old folks home, and won't care anymore. It just seems it's always something with these two for the last two years.

Jack
riddick

Mayweather vs Pacquiao... see live on HBO pay-per-view.Coming soon... yahoo.gif
Hops
Just let Floyd pay for the USADA/WADA personnel to go and extract blood from Pacquiao when he's training in the Philippines. That person must be laughing his ass out coz he can take a vacation on one of the beaches of the Philippines, fuck some babes, and then take Pac's blood sample, fly it to U.S.A.. And then repeat the process again two weeks later.

Or maybe, USADA can set camp in the Philippines. For 1 month.

Talking about financial and logistics issues.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 5 2011, 01:03 AM) *
Brilliant Post! I agree 100%! I mean we aren't even past the drug testing. Wait till they bitch about purses, referees, and judges. By the time this fight happens, if it ever happens, at the rate this is going, most of us are gonna be in the old folks home, and won't care anymore. It just seems it's always something with these two for the last two years.

Jack

Thanks for the support man. I've been as patient as I possibly could be with this fight, but Im at the end of my rope. Im catching myself making excuses for both of these guys, and thats just crazy. I support both of them in whatever they do, but until they fight, I will leave it alone. Nobody even peeps the pattern here, these guys are leading us all to believe that the fight will happen soon, but yet they are fighting other fights and building up this big fight, all in the same breath.

If they were to have fought last March, then that would have been the highest purse yet, for both of them. Who else would they have fought after a rematch or trilogy, that would have generated that much money? Who else has been successful at building up their names and fight patterns to even bring these two as much money as they would have made off of each other? I see these two making as money as they can off of these premilinary bouts leading up to their showdown, then they will cash out and leave the sport hanging dry.

If they weren't being so selfish, then they could fight each other next year. Then the both of them could fight a total of four of these up and coming PPV stars (or lack there of) to build their little names up, then build up a rematch or maybe even a trilogy to close out their careers. So now, we will have retirement benefits in the sport after May and Pac leave, instead of feeling pressed to watch these slow rising stars, or even worse, people may really turn away from the sport for good after this megafight if these youngsters are nothing to watch dntknw.gif I dont know about everybody else, but Im ready for Berto, Alexander, Bradley (really dont like him all that much), Khan, Ortiz, Maidana, Matthysse, Martinez, and so forth, to start headlining these PPVs. May and Pac will not be around forever. Glad May is giving Ortiz a chance to shine, because eveybody else is getting older and older as we speak.
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 5 2011, 08:36 AM) *
Thanks for the support man. I've been as patient as I possibly could be with this fight, but Im at the end of my rope. Im catching myself making excuses for both of these guys, and thats just crazy. I support both of them in whatever they do, but until they fight, I will leave it alone. Nobody even peeps the pattern here, these guys are leading us all to believe that the fight will happen soon, but yet they are fighting other fights and building up this big fight, all in the same breath.

If they were to have fought last March, then that would have been the highest purse yet, for both of them. Who else would they have fought after a rematch or trilogy, that would have generated that much money? Who else has been successful at building up their names and fight patterns to even bring these two as much money as they would have made off of each other? I see these two making as money as they can off of these premilinary bouts leading up to their showdown, then they will cash out and leave the sport hanging dry.

If they weren't being so selfish, then they could fight each other next year. Then the both of them could fight a total of four of these up and coming PPV stars (or lack there of) to build their little names up, then build up a rematch or maybe even a trilogy to close out their careers. So now, we will have retirement benefits in the sport after May and Pac leave, instead of feeling pressed to watch these slow rising stars, or even worse, people may really turn away from the sport for good after this megafight if these youngsters are nothing to watch dntknw.gif I dont know about everybody else, but Im ready for Berto, Alexander, Bradley (really dont like him all that much), Khan, Ortiz, Maidana, Matthysse, Martinez, and so forth, to start headlining these PPVs. May and Pac will not be around forever. Glad May is giving Ortiz a chance to shine, because eveybody else is getting older and older as we speak.

Gotta agree with you, I believe they both are hurting the sport with their antics. I truly believe they both think they are bigger than the sport itself right now. the fight needs to get over and on with so that boxing fans can have some closure and the debates can end. New stars deserve the right to shine and as long as they remain in the sport without fighting each other they are holding boxing back. There are so many good fights that can be made without either yet no matter who's fighting their names seem to surface in the telecast.
thehype
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 4 2011, 10:07 PM) *
Hype do you think this fight is close to happening, heck do any of you do?

Yes I do, but not because Bob Arum wants it to happen. More than anything, Mr. and Mrs. Pacquiao want their money, particularly Mrs. Pacquiao, so I think they're really starting to push the issue.

Bob Arum saying "there are no issues" is more about him making sure he keeps Manny happy by making it look like that fight is a priority to him. Again, just look at the person Arum told that to...Michael Marley. That's their go-to guy when it comes time to spin a story. If there's any doubt that Michael Marley writes stories that he's told to write, just go read this article:

http://fighthype.com/pages/content10439.html

And be sure to listen to the audio clip. I'm telling you, both he and Koncz were exposed when they tried to spin a story to smash Tim James. The fact that Marley wrote stories that Koncz told him to write is all you really need to know. I mean, the guy was ready to tell the world who sent the infamous email, but the minute he got caught, that story never came out.

Honestly, if I were Arum, I'd distance myself from Marley if he wants to keep spinning stories. It's not a good idea to give information to someone who was caught red-handed trying to start a smear campaign because he was told to do so.

But yeah, anyway, I do think the fight is close, but more than likely, both guys will probably have one more fight before it happens. From the information I've heard, it's my opinion that Pacquiao, or should I say certain individuals around Pacquiao, would prefer for him to be out of his contract with Arum before the fight takes place. I'm not really sure if that's going to be possible, but I do think they're going to try. We shall see though.

thehype
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 5 2011, 10:25 AM) *
I believe they both are hurting the sport with their antics. I truly believe they both think they are bigger than the sport itself right now. the fight needs to get over and on with so that boxing fans can have some closure and the debates can end. New stars deserve the right to shine and as long as they remain in the sport without fighting each other they are holding boxing back. There are so many good fights that can be made without either yet no matter who's fighting their names seem to surface in the telecast.

I disagree. The longer they DON'T fight each other, the longer the sport gets more publicity. In my opinion, I think their antics have brought A LOT of attention to the sport...a lot more than it was getting prior to talks of them fighting. So long as they DON'T fight each other, new stars actually will get a chance to shine. Victor Ortiz will have his opportunity in September. Perhaps Amir Khan and Timothy Bradley will also get their chance. The minute they do fight though, that's pretty much gonna be a wrap for either one or both of their careers. As long as they don't fight, they will both have their own PPV cards, which will give other fighters an opportunity to shine on their undercards. It's kind of like having two networks to fight for. I mean, just imagine if they fought back in March 2010. If Mayweather won, he probably would have retired for good because there's no one else really out there other than Martinez, but that's not a big fight at all, so I doubt he would have been all that motivated to fight Martinez for $20-$40 million when he just made $100+ million. Same with Pacquiao, if he won, he likely would have became a politician and bounced from the sport too. As long as they don't fight each other, they'll keep on fighting others to outshine each other. That's a good thing for the sport as it creates a lot of mega-fights that we likely wouldn't have got. Imagine having to pay for Bradley vs. Alexander or Khan vs. Judah on PPV. LOL.

And they're not holding back boxing at all. Boxing is on the rise lately. In fact, there's been quite a few good scraps that have taken place regardless of whether or not they've fought.

Just my two cents though.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 5 2011, 09:30 AM) *
Yes I do, but not because Bob Arum wants it to happen. More than anything, Mr. and Mrs. Pacquiao want their money, particularly Mrs. Pacquiao, so I think they're really starting to push the issue.

Bob Arum saying "there are no issues" is more about him making sure he keeps Manny happy by making it look like that fight is a priority to him. Again, just look at the person Arum told that to...Michael Marley. That's their go-to guy when it comes time to spin a story. If there's any doubt that Michael Marley writes stories that he's told to write, just go read this article:

http://fighthype.com/pages/content10439.html

And be sure to listen to the audio clip. I'm telling you, both he and Koncz were exposed when they tried to spin a story to smash Tim James. The fact that Marley wrote stories that Koncz told him to write is all you really need to know. I mean, the guy was ready to tell the world who sent the infamous email, but the minute he got caught, that story never came out.

Honestly, if I were Arum, I'd distance myself from Marley if he wants to keep spinning stories. It's not a good idea to give information to someone who was caught red-handed trying to start a smear campaign because he was told to do so.

But yeah, anyway, I do think the fight is close, but more than likely, both guys will probably have one more fight before it happens. From the information I've heard, it's my opinion that Pacquiao, or should I say certain individuals around Pacquiao, would prefer for him to be out of his contract with Arum before the fight takes place. I'm not really sure if that's going to be possible, but I do think they're going to try. We shall see though.

I guess my next question would be: Who do you think has the edge and who do you like in the fight? I feel May's boxing IQ will give him the edge. Pac does have a high work rate but if he is getting hit at every turn then he may think twice about coming in. If he can't see May's punches do to a swollen eye then what will he do? I look at how May fought Genero Hernandez and I think that is how the fight would go. May is too smart of a boxer to brawl with Manny. May will hit him at will, not to say Manny will not get his shots I just do not see Manny having the boxing IQ or technique to beat May..... In my humble opinion.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 5 2011, 10:18 AM) *
Dusty the Organ Grinder is one of the real problems with boxing. Hopefully, he will finish dissolving before our eyes and blow away in a wisp of breeze.

we need a good story smarty... you havent told one in quite some time now!!!
thehype
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 5 2011, 11:06 AM) *
I guess my next question would be: Who do you think has the edge and who do you like in the fight? I feel May's boxing IQ will give him the edge. Pac does have a high work rate but if he is getting hit at every turn then he may think twice about coming in. If he can't see May's punches do to a swollen eye then what will he do? I look at how May fought Genero Hernandez and I think that is how the fight would go. May is too smart of a boxer to brawl with Manny. May will hit him at will, not to say Manny will not get his shots I just do not see Manny having the boxing IQ or technique to beat May..... In my humble opinion.

As easily as Mosley was turning him and staying out of harm's way after being dropped early in the fight and wanting the fight to be stopped, I really don't see any other choice but to go with Mayweather. That's not to say that Manny won't have his moments and may actually catch him...but in my opinion, the smart money is on Mayweather pulling out a decision in a fight that does not even come close to the hype. Besides, I've already seen Manny ouboxed on a few occassions, so I think he'll have the more difficult task at hand.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 5 2011, 10:43 AM) *
As easily as Mosley was turning him and staying out of harm's way after being dropped early in the fight and wanting the fight to be stopped, I really don't see any other choice but to go with Mayweather. That's not to say that Manny won't have his moments and may actually catch him...but in my opinion, the smart money is on Mayweather pulling out a decision in a fight that does not even come close to the hype. Besides, I've already seen Manny ouboxed on a few occasions, so I think he'll have the more difficult task at hand.

In Vegas who would get the edge, May or Pac? I know a lot has to do with popularity and maybe the odds will be that Manny will catch May. My money (if I gambled) would def be on May. Hype, do you think the fight would stop do to a swollen eye or maybe May would get him a in situation where Manny can't defend himself, Like Angel M.? Hopefully this fight will happen soon, the Pactards and Flomo comments are wearing thin.
oozemcbuck
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 4 2011, 10:44 AM) *

Ohh, so he was lying ... YESTERDAY !

Easy night for Floyd, plus he's gonna have a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Roach will throw in the towel at some point.
EAlbian
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 5 2011, 09:46 AM) *
I disagree. The longer they DON'T fight each other, the longer the sport gets more publicity. In my opinion, I think their antics have brought A LOT of attention to the sport...a lot more than it was getting prior to talks of them fighting. So long as they DON'T fight each other, new stars actually will get a chance to shine. Victor Ortiz will have his opportunity in September. Perhaps Amir Khan and Timothy Bradley will also get their chance. The minute they do fight though, that's pretty much gonna be a wrap for either one or both of their careers. As long as they don't fight, they will both have their own PPV cards, which will give other fighters an opportunity to shine on their undercards. It's kind of like having two networks to fight for. I mean, just imagine if they fought back in March 2010. If Mayweather won, he probably would have retired for good because there's no one else really out there other than Martinez, but that's not a big fight at all, so I doubt he would have been all that motivated to fight Martinez for $20-$40 million when he just made $100+ million. Same with Pacquiao, if he won, he likely would have became a politician and bounced from the sport too. As long as they don't fight each other, they'll keep on fighting others to outshine each other. That's a good thing for the sport as it creates a lot of mega-fights that we likely wouldn't have got. Imagine having to pay for Bradley vs. Alexander or Khan vs. Judah on PPV. LOL.

And they're not holding back boxing at all. Boxing is on the rise lately. In fact, there's been quite a few good scraps that have taken place regardless of whether or not they've fought.

Just my two cents though.

You definitely makes some valid points and i do agree with you. Where i have a problem is fighters like Tim Bradley who hold out for a chance to fight Pac or May, they are both worth so much that guys are willing to sideline themselves or jump the gun to get rich quick. If the fight was made they would be fighting each other the young guys would be jockeying for position to get the shot at the winner or to put the loser out of his misery. No fighter wants to go out on a loss and when you draw like Mayweather and Pac you still draw 2x as much as any other fighter (even coming off a loss), maybe there is a rematch a fight or two down the road. The point i was trying to make is have the fight so the next guy in line can step up, right now none of these guys are a real threat to Mayweather or Pac imo and taking losses to them now is never going to make them a superstar. The winner is going to be worth 50 million a fight the loser is still worth 20 million. Maybe in a years time these guys are ready for Mayweather and Pacquaio but if the fight is in a year or two from now and either takes a loss along the way it was just a huge waste of everyone's time. I understand that guys get exposure fighting on their under cards but they would get more exposure fighting on HBO in good fights and eventually challenging them from across the ring. Boxing is not contingent on Mayweather and Pacquiao. they do add life from the general media and thats good for the sport but their time is drawing to a close and we need to start looking for the next guys to carry the torch. just my opinion
Jack 1000
I think that because of the 100 millions of dollars generated from this potential fight, that if Mayweather-Pacquiao happens, it will be the last fight of their careers, unless it ends in controversy or produces great excitement for a rematch or trilogy. Either will probably vacate the title when won, because there is nothing else for them to do but fight each other. The WBC just mandated a rematch between Aydin and Dan, in which Aydin won a Split decision in Turkey that was controversial. The winner gets the Silver Elimination belt and the #1 spot for Mayweather-Pacquaio, but who is going to want to see that?

All these dudes have left to fight is each other.

Jack
Jack 1000
What do you guys think if Don King was involved in this, I mean instead of Arum? Do you think Don could have got something done and made this fight? He's good at making shit happen when there is a big fight like this. Manny should leave Arum and be a free agent. Floyd could also be a free agent. They could sell this fight compatible to Ali and Frazier with their contrasting styles of Good Guy Manny vs. Bad Guy Floyd, not seen since the days of Duran-Leonard I.

And HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Could you imagine the negative crap that would happen if those tests came back positive after all of this? Or even an error or some shit?!

Jack
sduck
Hype is exactly right... The only upcoming worldwide stars are in the Welterweights, all the other divisions are pretty much dead now as far as "star power" goes. The fact that this fight has so much delay and build up gave time for younger champions like Khan and Bradley to rise up. If the fight happened years ago, boxing would of already peaked for this era.

As for when this fight finally happens... easy work... Mayweather is going to fight Pac two ways, backpedal and potshot (like Marquez did), or fight him in the pocket (like he did to Hatton). Pacquiao has way too many flaws, one noticeably is his footwork. Constantly lunges off balance when he punches, he won't be able to do that if you fight him in the pocket. As for distance, Pacquiao doesn't come at you with much technique, he gets eaten up by timed and power counter punches. Pac is not going to have an answer for any of May's counter and defensive techniques, he'll keep pressing forward getting eaten up all day... I know that analysis is pretty one-sided but I don't buy into hype, I'm expecting a massacre. TKO by 10 or 12, or lopsided decision numbers in favor of Mayweather.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 5 2011, 12:06 PM) *
I think that because of the 100 millions of dollars generated from this potential fight, that if Mayweather-Pacquiao happens, it will be the last fight of their careers, unless it ends in controversy or produces great excitement for a rematch or trilogy. Either will probably vacate the title when won, because there is nothing else for them to do but fight each other. The WBC just mandated a rematch between Aydin and Dan, in which Aydin won a Split decision in Turkey that was controversial. The winner gets the Silver Elimination belt and the #1 spot for Mayweather-Pacquaio, but who is going to want to see that?

All these dudes have left to fight is each other.

Jack

I can see where some of the drive would be gone after making so much money but mayweather had a networth of $200 million 2 years ago, has decreased quite a bit since, and he continued to fight on. I would like to believe that these two men truly enjoy being active and after taking a long vacation would fight again. If Manny lost to Mayweather, which i think he will, i honestly believe he fights again out of love for his country and fans. If Mayweather loses i have to believe he wants a rematch. just my opinion
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 5 2011, 12:21 PM) *
What do you guys think if Don King was involved in this, I mean instead of Arum? Do you think Don could have got something done and made this fight? He's good at making shit happen when there is a big fight like this. Manny should leave Arum and be a free agent. Floyd could also be a free agent. They could sell this fight compatible to Ali and Frazier with their contrasting styles of Good Guy Manny vs. Bad Guy Floyd, not seen since the days of Duran-Leonard I.

And HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Could you imagine the negative crap that would happen if those tests came back positive after all of this? Or even an error or some shit?!

Jack

Don King would have to be apart of the 24/7 HBO show. I mean he would absolutely bring ratings. Now as far as his percentage would go I would wonder... Don King will come out with a brilliant title to this fight, hell I would love to see his former fighters in each fight camp. Tyson in May's that would be incrediable. Or have all the fighters May beat in his corner and vica or versa. The potential.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 5 2011, 01:21 PM) *

Jack

I would love to see Manny as a free agent. or better yet, he needs to just sign himself to MP Promotions and keep most of his money. He could easily be co-promoted by another promotional company, just as Floyd is doing with GBP. Too bad Manny's camp wont try to push him to such a thing...maybe because they are too damn greedy to mention it because there would be a lot of job cuts within his camp. Im scared that they are taking advantage of Manny because he appears to not know how to conduct business well. Dude is too big of a name to be getting the crumbs that he is getting. If Don King were involved, it would put you in the mind Ali/Frazier and Duran/Leonard! If he had some part in the promotion and got the credit for making the fight happen, then that would be enough for him to remain a big name in the sport until he floats away in the wind. Oh how butt-hurt Arum would be if he was ejected out of the equation, and had to sit at home and watch the fight without his name smeared all over it laugh.gif
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 5 2011, 08:57 PM) *
I was stationed in Okinawa what seems like 1,000 years ago. The water in Okinawa is full of more poisonous, biting and stinging shit than anywhere else I have ever gone diving on the planet. I'm not sure that they even let Marines or soldiers go in the water anymore. One dude managed to get bitten by a Sea Snake, which is pretty difficult to accomplish given the tiny size of their mouths. He was paralyzed before he could reach shore and died before he could drown. Everything seemed to be on PEP (performance enhancing poison).

I was relaxing in the barracks after duty during one of those patented phantom East China Sea storms that seemingly appear out of nowhere, when the platoon Sergeant came in and ordered us into formation. This was not normal routine. Shortly after forming up Sergeant Adamsky called us to attention and in walked the Company Commander with a tall dude in a sharp suit.

"Marines, this is Mr. Lyon from the State Department," said Lt. Contreras.

Surprisingly, it was Mr. Lyon who ordered us to "at ease." He continued, "Marines, there has been a disaster at sea. A ferry on route to Okinawa from one of the smaller Ryukyu islands has capsized and sank. I am looking for volunteers that are certified divers."

There was no stampede to volunteer for this mission given that no one else in the platoon was certified besides me. And I didn't exactly leap at the opportunity. I looked around hoping that someone would come out of the woodwork but I knew there was no one else, so I stepped forward.

The Company Commander dismissed the platoon. Mr. Lyon stepped forward, shook my hand firmly and said "follow me."

We donned our gear on the way to the disaster site. Every diver that was available on the island was on the boat. The storm had subsided and the moon was bright. The sea was dead calm. We were diving to recover the bodies. Others were searching for survivors. We paired off. Mr. Lyon himself was my partner.

Dawn was breaking when we hit the water, but it was nearly pitch black at the depth we found the ferry. Pairs spread out to find entry and search for bodies. We found a hatch that opened to a main level. Mr. Lyon signaled to me to wait outside and entered the upside down world.

While I waited a combination of my eyes adapting and light seeping in from above improved my vision enough to see the school of bottlenosed sharks approaching from my left. Their curiosity got the best of them as they moved by about 20 feet out. I backed up to the bulkhead and pulled out the small clawed hammer that I always carried for multipurpose use with my right hand. They instinctively made a semi-circle around me like a little gang swimming back and forth observing me and trying to assess the risk of attack.

Suddenly one came in from the right and I jabbed his snout with the hammer. He whipped away. Then another came out of the murk from straight ahead and I jabbed with a glancing blow that was enough to discourage him. Another came from the right and another from the left but fortunately never together. It seemed like a long confrontation but it was probably no more than a minute at most. As suddenly as the little bastards had appeared, they decided that I was too much work and vanished in unison.

My heart was still pumping hard when Mr. Lyon's left arm appeared from the hatch and waved me to him. I moved to the entrance and a strange hooked child's arm appeared. Mr. Lyon signaled me to take the arm and pull the child out. I hooked the arm of what appeared to be a child of no more than 10 years old in a white blouse and skirt, then pulled her into open water. The child's legs were still crossed and her other arm was locked with another child. I continued pulling and another child, then another and another and another came out the hatch all with their legs crossed and their arms locked.

Eight children locked arms and never let go until we brought them to the surface to take them home.

DAMN AINT THAT SOME SHYT... GREAT STORY. wait..... this is only a story right??....

you pulled 8 died kids out the water, hooked together like Monkeys in a Barrel. damn.

i wouldnt volunteer for shyt after that!
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 6 2011, 09:55 AM) *
Look in the mirror, grab your collar, slap yourself hard and yell at that reflection of a giant vulva, "GET A HANDLE ON MYSELF, PUSSY!"

hahahaha
CDeezFoo
it seems as nobody remembers when Floyd beat Oscar, i think...but one of those fights he said that he was gonna step away for a minute to let somebody build there name up ..so he could come back..get that money then kill em. hatred blinds people and they dont realize that floyd set this up years ago.. he will absolutely shut out manny...manny has 0 defense...none..clottey was killen manny with uppercuts..but didnt want to engage. i have 3 homies that im betting with and im doubling whatever they put up..id put up the house
CDeezFoo
and Arum uses the illusion of fighting Mayweather to build every other fight Manny takes so they can make that money...big money too..they will fight as many other fights as possible to keep racking in the dollaz...why fight floyd and get beat when they can fight these useless fights and make money...everything we see on the tv or read is to make you do or feel a certain type of way..and if you have hate in you then you are easier to control..lol went a lil deep right there but this is all a game..and i aint mad em
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 6 2011, 10:55 AM) *
Look in the mirror, grab your collar, slap yourself hard and yell at that reflection of a giant vulva, "GET A HANDLE ON MYSELF, PUSSY!"

Is this directed towards me?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 5 2011, 03:02 PM) *
Im scared that they are taking advantage of Manny because he appears to not know how to conduct business well. Dude is too big of a name to be getting the crumbs that he is getting.

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 6 2011, 10:54 AM) *
Is this directed towards me?

Yes, but don't take it personally. I don't like looking in the mirror either. scare.gif

You really should trim your Clitler moustache though. drag.gif
caneman
What's the difference between nuthugging and cock riding? Oh never mind!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.