Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arum claims that there no Issues concerning May&Pac Fight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 6 2011, 04:14 PM) *
What's the difference between nuthugging and cock riding? Oh never mind!

LOL. im guessin nuthuggin would hurt less?
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 6 2011, 04:31 PM) *
Yes, but don't take it personally. I don't like looking in the mirror either. scare.gif

You really should trim your Clitler moustache though. drag.gif

...and you got out of the bed with your cousin to post this? dntknw.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 6 2011, 03:53 PM) *
...and you got out of the bed with your cousin to post this? dntknw.gif

Oooh, that hurts.

Of course you would have to know my cousin, wouldn't you?
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 6 2011, 08:42 PM) *
Oooh, that hurts.

Of course you would have to know my cousin, wouldn't you?

I dont do the jokes that much man. You have commmented on some of my posts and it was cool feedback, but for you to come at me with jokes like this aint cool. We are both grown, I presume.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 6 2011, 09:42 PM) *
I dont do the jokes man that much man. You have commmented on some of my posts and it was cool feedback, but for you to come at me with jokes like this aint cool. We are both grown, I presume.

Never presume anything with Beardo, it would be a fatal mistake.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 6 2011, 09:49 PM) *

Lmao! He may be a cool dude for real though, I may just be trippin' a little bit. dntknw.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 5 2011, 08:57 PM) *
I was stationed in Okinawa what seems like 1,000 years ago. The water in Okinawa is full of more poisonous, biting and stinging shit than anywhere else I have ever gone diving on the planet. I'm not sure that they even let Marines or soldiers go in the water anymore. One dude managed to get bitten by a Sea Snake, which is pretty difficult to accomplish given the tiny size of their mouths. He was paralyzed before he could reach shore and died before he could drown. Everything seemed to be on PEP (performance enhancing poison).

I was relaxing in the barracks after duty during one of those patented phantom East China Sea storms that seemingly appear out of nowhere, when the platoon Sergeant came in and ordered us into formation. This was not normal routine. Shortly after forming up Sergeant Adamsky called us to attention and in walked the Company Commander with a tall dude in a sharp suit.

"Marines, this is Mr. Lyon from the State Department," said Lt. Contreras.

Surprisingly, it was Mr. Lyon who ordered us to "at ease." He continued, "Marines, there has been a disaster at sea. A ferry on route to Okinawa from one of the smaller Ryukyu islands has capsized and sank. I am looking for volunteers that are certified divers."

There was no stampede to volunteer for this mission given that no one else in the platoon was certified besides me. And I didn't exactly leap at the opportunity. I looked around hoping that someone would come out of the woodwork but I knew there was no one else, so I stepped forward.

The Company Commander dismissed the platoon. Mr. Lyon stepped forward, shook my hand firmly and said "follow me."

We donned our gear on the way to the disaster site. Every diver that was available on the island was on the boat. The storm had subsided and the moon was bright. The sea was dead calm. We were diving to recover the bodies. Others were searching for survivors. We paired off. Mr. Lyon himself was my partner.

Dawn was breaking when we hit the water, but it was nearly pitch black at the depth we found the ferry. Pairs spread out to find entry and search for bodies. We found a hatch that opened to a main level. Mr. Lyon signaled to me to wait outside and entered the upside down world.

While I waited a combination of my eyes adapting and light seeping in from above improved my vision enough to see the school of small white tipped sharks approaching from my left. Their curiosity got the best of them as they moved by about 20 feet out. I backed up to the bulkhead and pulled out the small clawed hammer that I always carried for multipurpose use with my right hand. They instinctively made a semi-circle around me like a little gang swimming back and forth observing me and trying to assess the risk of attack.

Suddenly one came in from the right and I jabbed his snout with the hammer. He whipped away. Then another came out of the murk from straight ahead and I jabbed with a glancing blow that was enough to discourage him. Another came from the right and another from the left. Fortunately they never attacked together. It seemed like a long confrontation but it was probably no more than a minute. As suddenly as the little bastards had appeared, they decided that I was too much work and vanished in unison.

My heart was still pumping hard when Mr. Lyon's left arm appeared from the hatch and waved me to him. I moved to the entrance and a strange hooked little arm appeared. Mr. Lyon signaled me to take the arm. I pulled a child of no more than 10 years old in a white blouse and dark skirt into open water. The child's legs were crossed and her other arm was locked with another child. I continued swimming and another child, then another and another and another came out the hatch all with their legs crossed and their arms locked.

Eight children locked arms and never let go until we brought them to the surface to take them home.

hey man best story yet... but damn i it seems real please tell me that was made up.. lol...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 6 2011, 06:42 PM) *
I dont do the jokes that much man. You have commmented on some of my posts and it was cool feedback, but for you to come at me with jokes like this aint cool. We are both grown, I presume.

You have no idea.

I'm not here to see how many friends I can collect. You are "scared" that poor defenseless Pac may be getting taken advantage of by Dusty the Organ Grinder. The way you describe it Pac is on his knees at the table like a pet dog waiting for crumbs of bread.

That shit is ridiculous. You talk about being "grown." Manny is a grown man being paid $20 million a fight. He has multiple endorsement deals. That aint crumbs.

But if that shit scares you then your growth obviously didn't include any nutsac content.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 6 2011, 06:49 PM) *

Come on, Ollie, can't a fat, old, bald dickhead have any fun around here anymore?

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 6 2011, 09:25 PM) *
hey man best story yet... but damn i it seems real please tell me that was made up.. lol...

SmartyBeardo is a fictional character.

This story is a combination of two actual events. There were three groups of children that we pulled to surface, arms linked.
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 7 2011, 08:26 PM) *
You have no idea.

I'm not here to see how many friends I can collect. You are "scared" that poor defenseless Pac may be getting taken advantage of by Dusty the Organ Grinder. The way you describe it Pac is on his knees at the table like a pet dog waiting for crumbs of bread.

That shit is ridiculous. You talk about being "grown." Manny is a grown man being paid $20 million a fight. He has multiple endorsement deals. That aint crumbs.

But if that shit scares you then your growth obviously didn't include any nutsac content.

Come on, Ollie, can't a fat, old, bald dickhead have any fun around here anymore?

SmartyBeardo is a fictional character.

This story is a combination of two actual events. There were three groups of children that we pulled to surface, arms linked.

Im not here to make friends either, but at the same time, I commend others on fact-based posts, and so forth. If you are making attention-seeking comments, then obviously you need some type of attention/friendship...go and find some friends in the real world. Im not a huge Pacquiao fan, I favor Mayweather just a bit more, but Im against any big name fighter/figure getting jerked out of what they are truly worth.

You speak of having "fun" around here, and thats odd for a man to try to find another man to pick/have fun with...sounds kinda funny to me dntknw.gif You talk about nutsack content, but obviously a man without enough "below the belt" to please a woman, would be on here looking for another man to "have fun" with. Like I said before, if you dont have a better way of commenting on my posts, then leave it alone. I have enough females worried about what I say and do...I DEFINITELY dont need a man clocking my every post. Go find somebody to play with bro no2.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 7 2011, 07:26 PM) *

Bald!! Oh say it aint so Beardo. C'mon dude you're the Chuck Norris of FH, no way can you be bald laugh.gif
caneman
Really good read here!!!! http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead/a-...-peds-in-boxing
Hops
Fuck! To avoid complications, just let Floyd or the one who promotes him pay for everything. If Floyd wants USADA in the Philippines because he doesn't trust Pinoys and at the same time he doesn't want any other WADA sanctioned organization to collect blood samples, then Floyd or his promoter must pay USADA personnel to go to the Philippines. End of story.
caneman
QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 8 2011, 10:09 AM) *
Fuck! To avoid complications, just let Floyd or the one who promotes him pay for everything. If Floyd wants USADA in the Philippines because he doesn't trust Pinoys and at the same time he doesn't want any other WADA sanctioned organization to collect blood samples, then Floyd or his promoter must pay USADA personnel to go to the Philippines. End of story.

I would bet you if FMJ had to pay for it, it wouldn't be an issue anymore! Just my opinion!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 8 2011, 11:31 AM) *
I would bet you if FMJ had to pay for it, it wouldn't be an issue anymore! Just my opinion!

If he's really tryin' to clean up the sport like he claims, payin' shouldn't be a problem.
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 8 2011, 10:52 AM) *
If he's really tryin' to clean up the sport like he claims, payin' shouldn't be a problem.

I agree but stand by that statement!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 8 2011, 05:16 AM) *
Bald!! Oh say it aint so Beardo. C'mon dude you're the Chuck Norris of FH, no way can you be bald laugh.gif

SmartyBeardo can delete the recycle bin
SmartyBeardo can leave a message before the beep
There is no such thing as race, only groups of people whom SmartyBeardo has beaten to different shades
There is no theory of evolution, only a list of creatures SmartyBeardo allows to live
When SmartyBeardo puts milk on his rice krispies, they shut the fuck up
Crop circles are SmartyBeardos way of telling corn it needs to sit its ass down
SmartyBeardo can touch MC Hammer
SmartyBeardo does not get frostbite, SmartyBeardo bites frost
EAlbian
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 11:59 AM) *

hahaha
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 8 2011, 04:52 PM) *

If Floyd is really trying to clean up the sport, then as someone already mentioned, every fighter on the undercard would be getting tested. Floyd has enough clout to make that happen on a show he is headlining. Please dont tell me its too expensive either, because IF Floyd wanted to clean up the sport he would lay that down in the negotiations and the promoters would pay it to get him to fight. It would be good publicity for his "cause" and it woould help cascade the testing idea down through the sport. When the guys lower down on the card go through that it might stay with them when they are the big names of tomorrow.

Floyd is only one man, but as far as this PPV goes, hes the one man that matters. He could strike a blow for the testing cause in every one of his shows from now to retirement, but until someone can show me that what iv described is happening, then that is conclusive proof to me that Floyds testing regime is a lot of bullshit.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 11:06 AM) *
If Floyd is really trying to clean up the sport, then as someone already mentioned, every fighter on the undercard would be getting tested. Floyd has enough clout to make that happen on a show he is headlining. Please dont tell me its too expensive either, because IF Floyd wanted to clean up the sport he would lay that down in the negotiations and the promoters would pay it to get him to fight. It would be good publicity for his "cause" and it woould help cascade the testing idea down through the sport. When the guys lower down on the card go through that it might stay with them when they are the big names of tomorrow.

Floyd is only one man, but as far as this PPV goes, hes the one man that matters. He could strike a blow for the testing cause in every one of his shows from now to retirement, but until someone can show me that what iv described is happening, then that is conclusive proof to me that Floyds testing regime is a lot of bullshit.

Isn't he already demanding that in his contract? There maybe a lot of dirty fighters right now and perhaps the different boxing commissions would look really dumb for not picking up fighters that cheat. I am sure there is also a lot of red tape involved with new testing. In this economy no state wants to spend more money of testing when urine testing is cheap and easy. I pose this question to you: Let's say Andre Ward or Manny demanded OST to all their fights would there be a backlash or do you think because MJ said it people raise eyebrows or they think he is full of crap. The message is a good one but maybe the messenger is the problem. I never have seen a backlash with someone wanting better testing in a sport especially a sport that you can die from or become injured for life.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 8 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Isn't he already demanding that in his contract? There maybe a lot of dirty fighters right now and perhaps the different boxing commissions would look really dumb for not picking up fighters that cheat. I am sure there is also a lot of red tape involved with new testing. In this economy no state wants to spend more money of testing when urine testing is cheap and easy. I pose this question to you: Let's say Andre Ward or Manny demanded OST to all their fights would there be a backlash or do you think because MJ said it people raise eyebrows or they think he is full of crap. The message is a good one but maybe the messenger is the problem. I never have seen a backlash with someone wanting better testing in a sport especially a sport that you can die from or become injured for life.

I think my post contained my thoughts on that question. IF Floyd is making EVERYONE on his bill take tests, for the purpose of cascading this stance through the different tiers of boxing then fair enough. But id need to see evidence of that before I accept that Floyds testing stance is anything more than posturing bullshit, and in the worst case, a way out of fighting you know who.
caneman
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 8 2011, 11:35 AM) *

I think it's the way FMJ and most of all his family went about it! It's all to try to dis-credit someone over trying to clean up a sport! There was a time when while bashing Pacman about using PED's that he was posting videos of Pac getting KOed like they were some new videos when the fact is Pac was 17, furthermore while he might not have been stopped, FMJ has lost since he was 17 too, several times in fact!!! Let me ask you, IF FMJ had to pay for testing, would he still be doing this? I really don't!
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 11:40 AM) *
I think my post contained my thoughts on that question. IF Floyd is making EVERYONE on his bill take tests, for the purpose of cascading this stance through the different tiers of boxing then fair enough. But id need to see evidence of that before I accept that Floyds testing stance is anything more than posturing bullshit, and in the worst case, a way out of fighting you know who.

And why can't it be a way out for "You know who" not to fight Floyd? It goes both ways. From what I hear it cost a lot of money for that test to be administrated. Not every fighter can afford that. Floyd said anyone who fights him has to take the test, so he would be responsible for footing that bill, but to suggest that he pays for all the other fighters who might not want to take the test I would question. I do not think MJ is scared of Manny, he is right to have his suspicions just like people should have their suspicions when they fight him. By MJ taking the test they really can't say he is hiding. I think this is more of a mental game Floyd is playing and maybe he does want to clean up the sport but again if it was one of the Good Guys of boxing to suggest this would people be complaining about it? I do not think so...
caneman
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 11:40 AM) *

Well said!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 8 2011, 05:49 PM) *
And why can't it be a way out for "You know who" not to fight Floyd? It goes both ways. From what I hear it cost a lot of money for that test to be administrated. Not every fighter can afford that. Floyd said anyone who fights him has to take the test, so he would be responsible for footing that bill, but to suggest that he pays for all the other fighters who might not want to take the test I would question. I do not think MJ is scared of Manny, he is right to have his suspicions just like people should have their suspicions when they fight him. By MJ taking the test they really can't say he is hiding. I think this is more of a mental game Floyd is playing and maybe he does want to clean up the sport but again if it was one of the Good Guys of boxing to suggest this would people be complaining about it? I do not think so...

I'm not saying Floyd or any other fighter should pay for it, I dont know how it would work down the line, but for Floyd to thrust the issue into the spotlight and get it more attention, he should have said to GBP, if we're going to do this fight, I want everyone on the card tested. That would be his contribution to cleaning up the sport.

The "good guys" of the sport as you call them, IMO at least, are the guys who keep their head down and do their talking in the ring, so the chances are we dont get this sort of bullshit/posturing/publicity seeking/fight dodging from the good guys.
EAlbian
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 12:06 PM) *

I don't think his testing demands are bullshit, i also don't believe he is necessarily doing it for the "good of the sport." I think its simply that he has made a big enough name for himself that he can demand that any opponent who steps in the ring with him is going to be subjected to this. he claims he's not on any PED's and and wants to make sure his opponents are on the straight and narrow as well. If the opponent doesn't like this then there's no fight. What i think he's doing for the sport is saying to other fighters "if you're not on PED's take the tests and make your opponent take the tests." I don't think its his responsibility to fund testing for the sport. I know that if i was playing any sport i would want to make sure that my opponent was competing on the same playing field as me, i could really care less about anybody else. I think you guys put to much emphasis on the testing, its almost like you expect too much out of Mayweather. He's a human being and im sure has doubts, he just wants to make sure he instills every precaution en route to victory. I think the catch-weights are a bigger bullshit stipulation to be honest but if you wanna get paid you then you play.
lloyd mayflower
Once again, I never said Floyd should fund the testing. I said he should have used this PPV to make a statement of intent, and get someone else to foot the bill. GBP for example.

I dont expect too much of Mayweather. I always get exactly what I expect out of him. Breathtaking arrogance and unparalleed dickheadness coupled with a fairly hilarious stutter which is quite unusual for someone who thinks its funny to slate other people.

The fact remains, that someone brought up a valid point about the undercard guys being tested and I felt it needed expanded upon, as it shows the testing demands up for what they really are. Smoke and mirrors.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 7 2011, 08:13 PM) *
Im not here to make friends either, but at the same time, I commend others on fact-based posts, and so forth. If you are making attention-seeking comments, then obviously you need some type of attention/friendship...go and find some friends in the real world. Im not a huge Pacquiao fan, I favor Mayweather just a bit more, but Im against any big name fighter/figure getting jerked out of what they are truly worth.

You speak of having "fun" around here, and thats odd for a man to try to find another man to pick/have fun with...sounds kinda funny to me dntknw.gif You talk about nutsack content, but obviously a man without enough "below the belt" to please a woman, would be on here looking for another man to "have fun" with. Like I said before, if you dont have a better way of commenting on my posts, then leave it alone. I have enough females worried about what I say and do...I DEFINITELY dont need a man clocking my every post. Go find somebody to play with bro no2.gif

That's more like it.

You're "against any big name fighter/figure getting jerked out of what they are truly worth." Much better than you're "scared" that poor Pac isn't getting enough 10's of millions of dollars to amount to more than crumbs.

That said, what is Pac "truly worth." Do you have any idea? And, how did he become worth that amount of crumbs? Don't start with the "he's the one risking his life in there bullshit." He would still be risking his life in the ring in some PI shithole for bananas and peanuts if a keen eyed, ruthless promoter had not spotted his potential and got him together with a decent trainer that could take him to the next level. I cap on Dusty the Organ Grinder constantly for being the prick that he is but Pac would not be the phenom he became without the promotion, management and training afforded by a company like TopWank.

The contracts are where the rubber meets the road. If the contracts were violated or altered then Pac deserves his due. He seems to have taken steps to seize greater control of his business, beginning with managing his brand, the current contractual relationships and their potential.

Talent is worth what is negotiated, period. This isn't RomperFuckinRoom. This is business. There are winners and there are losers. If you don't have the ability or resources to negotiate a decent contract, you lose. Yes, fighters are taken advantage of often but that does not mean that they aren't getting what they are worth. It just means they got beaten at the negotiating table.

I've been on both sides of that table. You learn or you get fucked. That's life in this reality. If that scares you . . . well, you aren't going to be part of the solution.

As far as your posts go, you keep posting dumb assed shit like you are "scared" that Pac aint getting enough 10s of millions of dollars of "crumbs" and I'll keep "clockin" them.

And dudes that make a point of talking about how many women are interested in their dumb assed comments generally spend their time fucking themselves. Don't short out your digital device there cshel.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 7 2011, 09:16 PM) *

The very idea that Pac might not be getting as many 10s of millions of dollars as he deserves made my hair fall out, Ollie. It is just terrifying, I'm tellin' ya.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 08:59 AM) *
SmartyBeardo can delete the recycle bin
SmartyBeardo can leave a message before the beep
There is no such thing as race, only groups of people whom SmartyBeardo has beaten to different shades
There is no theory of evolution, only a list of creatures SmartyBeardo allows to live
Crop circles are SmartyBeardos way of telling corn it needs to sit its ass down
SmartyBeardo can touch MC Hammer
SmartyBeardo does not get frostbite, SmartyBeardo bites frost

Pretty damned accurate Lloyd, but I'm lactose intolerant. The Tito's shuts down the Rice Krispies.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 09:40 AM) *

Sorry Lloyd, but if this issue has been a way out of the fight for anyone it is Team QuackMeow.
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 8 2011, 08:45 PM) *
That's more like it.

You're "against any big name fighter/figure getting jerked out of what they are truly worth." Much better than you're "scared" that poor Pac isn't getting enough 10's of millions of dollars to amount to more than crumbs.

That said, what is Pac "truly worth." Do you have any idea? And, how did he become worth that amount of crumbs? Don't start with the "he's the one risking his life in there bullshit." He would still be risking his life in the ring in some PI shithole for bananas and peanuts if a keen eyed, ruthless promoter had not spotted his potential and got him together with a decent trainer that could take him to the next level. I cap on Dusty the Organ Grinder constantly for being the prick that he is but Pac would not be the phenom he became without the promotion, management and training afforded by a company like TopWank.

The contracts are where the rubber meets the road. If the contracts were violated or altered then Pac deserves his due. He seems to have taken steps to seize greater control of his business, beginning with managing his brand, the current contractual relationships and their potential.

Talent is worth what is negotiated, period. This isn't RomperFuckinRoom. This is business. There are winners and there are losers. If you don't have the ability or resources to negotiate a decent contract, you lose. Yes, fighters are taken advantage of often but that does not mean that they aren't getting what they are worth. It just means they got beaten at the negotiating table.

I've been on both sides of that table. You learn or you get fucked. That's life in this reality. If that scares you . . . well, you aren't going to be part of the solution.

As far as your posts go, you keep posting dumb assed shit like you are "scared" that Pac aint getting enough 10s of millions of dollars of "crumbs" and I'll keep "clockin" them.

And dudes that make a point of talking about how many women are interested in their dumb assed comments generally spend their time fucking themselves. Don't short out your digital device there cshel.

The very idea that Pac might not be getting as many 10s of millions of dollars as he deserves made my hair fall out, Ollie. It is just terrifying, I'm tellin' ya.

Pretty damned accurate Lloyd, but I'm lactose intolerant. The Tito's shuts down the Rice Krispies.

Sorry Lloyd, but if this issue has been a way out of the fight for anyone it is Team QuackMeow.

Damn Beardo! Just when I almost wrote you off as a narrow-minded, internet warrior...you managed to exhibit credible intellect and curb my perception of who SmartyBeardo is. Oh yeah...the women still love me man taunt.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 8 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Damn Beardo! Just when I almost wrote you off as a narrow-minded, internet warrior...you managed to exhibit credible intellect and curb my perception of who SmartyBeardo is. Oh yeah...the women still love me man taunt.gif

Wear your condoms! Your digital device will thank you.
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 8 2011, 09:15 PM) *
Wear your condoms! Your digital device will thank you.

Lol...stupid. I actually caught that joke.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 8 2011, 06:20 PM) *
Lol...stupid. I actually caught that joke.

SmartyBeardo has been through too many battles (including this weekend) to have an over abundance of brain cells left. I maximize their limited potential.
duwdu
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 12:40 PM) *

If for no other reason, recent events and revelations show that to still hold this kind of "scared of you know who" view is, to say the least, very amusing indeed. To me, that type of postulation is stuff from those who cannot be man enough to admit they've been on the wrong side of the argument all along. You guys better give it up before you yourselves become the joke. Pacquiao himself (may be along with Arum too,) has essentially given it up already.

A word, they say, is enough for the wise.

P34c3
caneman
QUOTE (duwdu @ Aug 8 2011, 08:59 PM) *
If for no other reason, recent events and revelations show that to still hold this kind of "scared of you know who" view is, to say the least, very amusing indeed. To me, that type of postulation is stuff from those who cannot be man enough to admit they've been on the wrong side of the argument all along. You guys better give it up before you yourselves become the joke. Pacquiao himself (may be along with Arum too,) has essentially given it up already.

A word, they say, is enough for the wise.

P34c3

laugh.gif ok bro I give up, OMG scare.gif
duwdu
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 12:55 PM) *
I'm not saying Floyd or any other fighter should pay for it, I dont know how it would work down the line, but for Floyd to thrust the issue into the spotlight and get it more attention, he should have said to GBP, if we're going to do this fight, I want everyone on the card tested. That would be his contribution to cleaning up the sport.

That too (getting everyone under his card to do OSDT) may come yet. Give the guy some slack, even credit. Rome was not built in a day bros.

P34c3
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (duwdu @ Aug 9 2011, 03:08 AM) *
That too (getting everyone under his card to do OSDT) may come yet. Give the guy some slack, even credit. Rome was not built in a day bros.

P34c3

Yeah, but Floyd has had how many years in the fight game to make an issue of this? He should be pretty well prepared no?

Oh, wait, drug testing only became an issue after Manny started running through Floyds division and fans started screaming for the two to fight.
duwdu
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 10:20 PM) *
Yeah, but Floyd has had how many years in the fight game to make an issue of this? He should be pretty well prepared no?

Oh, wait, drug testing only became an issue after Manny started running through Floyds division and fans started screaming for the two to fight.

It would have to start sometime, from somewhere, with someone. Oh, wait... when, exactly, would you had rather it started from? From when Floyd first put on a pair of gloves at four? I thought so.

P34c3
caneman
QUOTE (duwdu @ Aug 8 2011, 09:31 PM) *
It would have to start sometime, from somewhere, with someone. Oh, wait... when, exactly, would you had rather it started from? From when Floyd first put on a pair of gloves at four? I thought so.

P34c3

GET YOUR MANTIES HOLMES!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (duwdu @ Aug 9 2011, 03:31 AM) *

P34c3

Your just another irrational Floyd fan who is on some rather strange hell-bent crusade to make everyone else revise their negative opinion on Floyd when you and the rest of your squad share one common trait. You all, to a man, will concede absolutely nothing. You wont concede that the Pac fight not coming off is at least half Floyds fault, and you wont even concede that there is not a shred of evidence to suggest Floyds new "clean up the sport" stance has a shred of credibility.

Your just another MarzB. You wont remember MarzB, but let me fill you in. He had an obsession with jumping to the defense of a man who does not give a fuck about his fans or his sport, only money. Maybe we're lucky this board doesnt have the raving lunatic Pac fans I keep hearing about, but you lot who put the blinkers on and refuse to see any issues with the way your mancrush handles his business are as bad if not worse.

Caneman, as always, good use of that picture.
sduck
Lol, it's obvious Mayweather is not objectively trying to clean up the sport, it's kind of pathetic that people are trying to defend and say he is. "All people that fight me for now on will need to take the test." And that's all it is. Other people changing their opinions and suggesting the sport, or sports need better drug testing is just subjective inspiration, not an objective act from Mayweather.

Caneman's sig is so distracting... aawhh!
Eighty88Eight
Floyd's motives are pretty flimsy. As someone else said, he only considered the testing when he saw an "extraordinary fighter" (his words) that may be a serious threat to him. He is banking on Pacquiao actually being a drug user, and that the test will neuter Pac's physical gifts. However, whatever his motives, he is on the right side of this issue. There's no question about that... Pacquiao and his team look like a bunch of bumbling, scheming, conniving fools right now.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 9 2011, 06:48 AM) *
Floyd's motives are pretty flimsy. As someone else said, he only considered the testing when he saw an "extraordinary fighter" (his words) that may be a serious threat to him. He is banking on Pacquiao actually being a drug user, and that the test will neuter Pac's physical gifts. However, whatever his motives, he is on the right side of this issue. There's no question about that... Pacquiao and his team look like a bunch of bumbling, scheming, conniving fools right now.

Very fair post. Subjective even. Either way, there needs to be better testing in the sport of boxing. Whether it is coming from May or someone else. Sergio Martinez is on board for the "Take the Test" campaign, it is growing steam. I just do not see the big deal in wanting to improve the sport. IS Pacaquio using, I do not know. I know May took a shot at Pac on Ring Life last night. He said that he slowly moved up in weight and it took time for him to become a Welter Weight, he said it did not happen over night. I would say that Pcaquio looks suspicious. Plus he did not clean out his division, he beat one or two people and moved up and down in weight. If he truly was that guy then he would not have JMM jump up in weight, and catch weights are are stupid especially when the advantage goes to one fighter.
Hops
Okay. So, for the mean time. Floyd should just pay for the drug tests. Just to show his concern for the sport. After all, what's $100,000 from the $50M he would get.
Eighty88Eight
isn't the promoter paying the fee? what difference does it make?
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 9 2011, 09:35 AM) *
Very fair post. Subjective even. Either way, there needs to be better testing in the sport of boxing. Whether it is coming from May or someone else. Sergio Martinez is on board for the "Take the Test" campaign, it is growing steam. I just do not see the big deal in wanting to improve the sport. IS Pacaquio using, I do not know. I know May took a shot at Pac on Ring Life last night. He said that he slowly moved up in weight and it took time for him to become a Welter Weight, he said it did not happen over night. I would say that Pcaquio looks suspicious. Plus he did not clean out his division, he beat one or two people and moved up and down in weight. If he truly was that guy then he would not have JMM jump up in weight, and catch weights are are stupid especially when the advantage goes to one fighter.

I think people's problems with Mayweather's "wanting to improve the sport" is that it is simply a tool to sabotage the fight they want to see against a fighter Mayweather may be leery of facing. Actually, it took Pacquiao longer to reach 147 (which he still hasn't technically reached) than Mayweather. Mayweather was 16 weighing 106 as an amateur. It took him 12 years to finally fight at 147. Manny Pacquiao, at 16 weighing 106 as a professional, took 14 years to become a very small welterweight (who happens to physically devastate bigger men).

When Arum says there aren't any issues, i assume there are still issues involved.

Um... Did you mean objective?
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 9 2011, 12:18 PM) *
I think people's problems with Mayweather's "wanting to improve the sport" is that it is simply a tool to sabotage the fight they want to see against a fighter Mayweather may be leery of facing. Actually, it took Pacquiao longer to reach 147 (which he still hasn't technically reached) than Mayweather. Mayweather was 16 weighing 106 as an amateur. It took him 12 years to finally fight at 147. Manny Pacquiao, at 16 weighing 106 as a professional, took 14 years to become a very small welterweight (who happens to physically devastate bigger men).

When Arum says there aren't any issues, i assume there are still issues involved.

Um... Did you mean objective?

Objective not subjective. Typo. I think it is the messenger that they have an issue with. if it was anyone else it would be all good but because it is MJ they have issues with it. Overall testing better testing is great for the sport.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 9 2011, 02:15 PM) *
Objective not subjective. Typo. I think it is the messenger that they have an issue with. if it was anyone else it would be all good but because it is MJ they have issues with it. Overall testing better testing is great for the sport.

"MJ"? "overall testing better testing"? What're you doing over there exactly? Perhaps YOU should take the test.
duwdu
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 9 2011, 12:11 AM) *
Your just another irrational Floyd fan who is on some rather strange hell-bent crusade to make everyone else revise their negative opinion on Floyd when you and the rest of your squad share one common trait. You all, to a man, will concede absolutely nothing. You wont concede that the Pac fight not coming off is at least half Floyds fault, and you wont even concede that there is not a shred of evidence to suggest Floyds new "clean up the sport" stance has a shred of credibility.

Your just another MarzB. You wont remember MarzB, but let me fill you in. He had an obsession with jumping to the defense of a man who does not give a fuck about his fans or his sport, only money. Maybe we're lucky this board doesnt have the raving lunatic Pac fans I keep hearing about, but you lot who put the blinkers on and refuse to see any issues with the way your mancrush handles his business are as bad if not worse.

Caneman, as always, good use of that picture.

If name-calling is your forth, keep it up. However, do not constantly irrationally attack the man and not expect others to point out a few home truths to you. All I did was ask you a simple question - when would you rather Floyd could have started asking for OSDT? Instead of providing a rational answer, you went into a tirade. Overall though, your post is so laced with your morbid hatred for Floyd that I can see that you in particular are not worth debating with when it comes to matters that involve Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Just saying. At least caneman has some sense of humor and recognizes when to "give it up." thumbsup_anim.gif

P34c3
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (duwdu @ Aug 9 2011, 05:13 PM) *
If name-calling is your forth, keep it up. However, do not constantly irrationally attack the man and not expect others to point out a few home truths to you. All I did was ask you a simple question - when would you rather Floyd could have started asking for OSDT? Instead of providing a rational answer, you went into a tirade. Overall though, your post is so laced with your morbid hatred for Floyd that I can see that you in particular are not worth debating with when it comes to matters that involve Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Just saying. At least caneman has some sense of humor and recognizes when to "give it up." thumbsup_anim.gif

P34c3

I think a fair time would've been the Judah fight when he started to have some star power in America. Obviously the De la Hoya fight was always going to be one-way traffic as far as negotiations went, but to be fair as Floyd feels so passionately about this issue maybe he should've said to De la Hoya no test, no fight. But yeah I'd say the Judah fight onwards.
duwdu
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 9 2011, 06:16 PM) *
I think a fair time would've been the Judah fight when he started to have some star power in America. Obviously the De la Hoya fight was always going to be one-way traffic as far as negotiations went, but to be fair as Floyd feels so passionately about this issue maybe he should've said to De la Hoya no test, no fight. But yeah I'd say the Judah fight onwards.

Fair enough. Let's hope he makes up for it somehow, may be by eventually, or better still pretty soon, pushing for his undercards to imbibe OSDT. May be Hype would kindly suggest that to him, if not already? It would be helpful if other stars would pro-actively carry the cross also.

P34c3
sduck
I've heard that not only did Oscar make all the demands in the contract, but he also made Floyd take a special drug test... I wouldn't be surprised if its true.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.