Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paris-Coleman SPOILERS Within (Friday Night Fights)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
bosco
Tonight we got 2 up and coming jr welter weights going at it and they hate each other guts. My man Vernon Paris vs Tim Coleman...They brawled before the weigh-in last night and theres a good chance for some fire works. Can't wait!!
Method
QUOTE (bosco @ Aug 5 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Tonight we got 2 up and coming jr welter weights going at it and they hate each other guts. My man Vernon Paris vs Tim Coleman...They brawled before the weigh-in last night and theres a good chance for some fire works. Can't wait!!

Great call. Read about it. Then forgot about it. Good lookin out. These cats were talkin mad shit. Hahaha. This gonna be Brewer/Echols.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 5 2011, 07:55 PM) *
Great call. Read about it. Then forgot about it. Good lookin out. These cats were talkin mad shit. Hahaha. This gonna be Brewer/Echols.

Hoping it gets to the Brewer/Echols level without it turning into Bowe-Golota I.
Mean Mister Mustard
For a supposed hardcore boxing fan, I don't know who these guys are. Still, 2 young undefeated fighters who dislike each other? This ought to be good.
Cshel86
Im sitting here watching FNF right now. Is it me, or is Sergio Mora a freakin' bore? Dude tried to call out Pavlik and he couldn't even out Shane "Nosley" away last year. Cant wait to see the main event!

Sidenote: Why is Paris being a dummy and giving away the gameplan? Hope it's a decoy dntknw.gif
* Faragon fucked this dude's body up, smh...
JONdaCON817
so far so good.. these guys are deff tryin to kill each other in the ring.. but i must say both can take a helluva punch...
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 5 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Im sitting here watching FNF right now. Is it me, or is Sergio Mora a freakin' bore? Dude tried to call out Pavlik and he couldn't even out Shane "Nosley" away last year. Cant wait to see the main event!

Sidenote: Why is Paris being a dummy and giving away the gameplan? Hope it's a decoy dntknw.gif
* Faragon fucked this dude's body up, smh...

lol... nah i agree bro. he sounds extremely monotone...
salvador
This is a first rate fight!
JONdaCON817
WOW!!! down went Paris in the 2nd only to drop Coleman 2wice in the 6th with viscious bodyshots!!...
JONdaCON817
Coleman ate a bodyshot in the 7th that caused him to take a knee and force the ref to wave off the fight... wow. great fight that deff lived up to the hype...

i agree with Mustard.. didnt know who they were but they deff talked the talk and walked the walk...
JONdaCON817
PLZ MERGE TOPICS.
Cshel86
Damn Coleman went out bad man. He didn't follow up as well after the knockdown against Paris, though Paris wasn't that hurt. He got broke down tonight, and there's no way around that no2.gif Great fight though!
caneman
Great scrap...killer body shots! And what the fuck belt does Mora have? I don't even see him ranked any where!
Cshel86
Im surprised that this dude making his pro debut made it out of the first round no2.gif He probably got scared shitless when he found out his pro debut was going to be on national television...
Romulus9
Sergio Mora sucks. He sucks as a fighter, as a commentator, everything. The only thing he doesn't suck at is sucking, because he's unbelievably good at that.
Cshel86
Man that was a "humbly-imposed" ending for Coleman no2.gif When a guy goes down on a body shot, watching them go down to their knees is a humbling site, and hoping for them to get back up is wishful thinking. I was actually betting on Coleman, but I forgot that he doesn't possess much punching power.
caneman
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 5 2011, 09:57 PM) *
Sergio Mora sucks. He sucks as a fighter, as a commentator, everything. The only thing he doesn't suck at is sucking, because he's unbelievably good at that.

What belt does he have @ what weight? As I said, I don't see him even ranked any where!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 5 2011, 10:57 PM) *

I agree! Dude always has something to say about another fighter, but his career has gone no where. He is my least favorite from the contender, and it sucks because he was actually good on the contender.
Romulus9
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 5 2011, 11:03 PM) *
What belt does he have @ what weight? As I said, I don't see him even ranked any where!

He doesn't have one. Tessitore kept referring to him as a "recent champion" at 154.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 5 2011, 10:46 PM) *
Brutal, first rate body work by Paris. He has a good chin. Good heart. Ruthless attack.

Paris made me proud. He understands the art of boxin', 'cause he doesn't just head-hunt.
Romulus9
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 6 2011, 01:14 AM) *
Someone doesn't have a belt?

It's certainly surprising. You basically have two options in boxing: come up with 1500 bucks and you can get almost ANY fight sanctioned for at least a 'regional' title belt, if not a world title belt.... or spend a little more money, research an initialism that doesn't exist yet (might I suggest the UBF, Universal Boxing Federation?), and start your own sanctioning body. Should be easy to manipulate those rankings and make yourself the #1 contender.

Get to work, Sergio.
JONdaCON817
Soo stylisticly Coleman had more of the Mayweather style but obviously lost doin it. Paris gained momentum once he let his hands go and quit playing the defensive. IMO he won without using that technique. could he be the kid that Mayweather finally succeeds with that isn't Floyd? I don't see him succeeding with the shoulder roll, counter offense, potshot style technique that Sr seems to wanna instill in everyone.

And Looks like Mayweather Sr one upped lil brother Roger even tho he pulled out of the Corner.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 6 2011, 01:31 AM) *
Soo stylisticly Coleman had more of the Mayweather style but obviously lost doin it. Paris gained momentum once he let his hands go and quit playing the defensive. IMO he won without using that technique. could he be the kid that Mayweather finally succeeds with that isn't Floyd? I don't see him succeeding with the shoulder roll, counter offense, potshot style technique that Sr seems to wanna instill in everyone.

And Looks like Mayweather Sr one upped lil brother Roger even tho he pulled out of the Corner.

Paris looked reasonably formidable. Time to step him up.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 6 2011, 10:11 AM) *

yeaa he has all the skills he only laccs the names on his resume...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 5 2011, 11:03 PM) *

C'mon Caneman Sergio has a prized 'Contender' strap what more do you need? The rest are all just trinkets laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 6 2011, 10:11 AM) *

ive had my eye on paris for bout 2 years now or since very earl in his career... coleman was a step up from who he has been fighting and i was highly impressed... i didnt think that was a knockdown of paris but i could see how they COULD call it one... and you are right id love to see a major step in comp now... he is ready... the names he has faced are faded... wouldnt mind seeing him fight the likes of an alexander or a kotelnik or lucas matt or the winner of the maidana/morales... thats the next level he needs to test him self with in my opinion...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.