Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DreamFight: Manny Pacquiao vs Jose L. Castillo!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Throwing this out for the community! A prime Castillo vs. Pacquiao, who takes it?

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 5 2011, 11:32 PM) *
Throwing this out for the community! A prime Castillo vs. Pacquiao, who takes it?

Jack

Are we talking about Pac vs Castillio at 135lbs? If so, I may have to give that Pac because of the angels that he punches from and how busy he is. Castillio, by no means, is a punk or a tomato can, but I dont see him withstanding Pac's movement and punching angles. I dont see Pac knocking him out, but maybe a couple of knockdowns and a decision to close to the show. I have rooted for a few fighters that fought Pac, but when they actually experience this dude's speed, rhythm, and movement...the story changes drastically.
caneman
Pacman in 9 rounds on cuts!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Pac loves guys who come to him. He gobbels that shit up. Pac by late stoppage but Castillo has plenty of his own moments in what would've been easily the fight of the year.
and the NEW
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 6 2011, 05:56 AM) *
Pac loves guys who come to him. He gobbels that shit up. Pac by late stoppage but Castillo has plenty of his own moments in what would've been easily the fight of the year.

Exactly. Pac' archilles heel are counter-punchers (although since he has added more angles, he does better in that department also).

I think he would beat Castillo rather easily, although could be hurt in the process.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Aug 6 2011, 04:27 PM) *
Exactly. Pac' archilles heel are counter-punchers (although since he has added more angles, he does better in that department also).

I think he would beat Castillo rather easily, although could be hurt in the process.

+1

Speed kills & Pac has blazing hand speed.
Mean Mister Mustard
I remember back in early 06, after Pacquiao had dismantled Morales in their rematch, and Castillo had KO'd Corrales, there was talk in the fora of this potential match up. Pacquiao would have won, but a prime Castillo's defense and counterpunching wasn't too shabby, watch the Mayweather, Casamayor and Diaz fights as proof. Castillo had an iron chin, and plenty of stamina, and I think the fight would have looked similar to the Margarito bout, except that Pacquiao would have been hurt to the body more often, because Castillo is a sharper puncher than Margarito.
SmartyBeardo
BTW, I wouldn't call this a dream fight.

Pryor v Pac is more along the lines of my field of dreams.
Jack 1000
I think the speed and angles of Pacquaio would give him the edge in a vicious fight, taking a close unanimous decision, with at least two surprises along the way.

Jack
D-MARV
Pacquiao EASY!

EAlbian
I think this would have been a great fight around 2005-2006, I think Castillo would have given Pac more trouble than some of you believe but i do see Pac winning. Castillo would have been the bigger man at the time and had decent counter and defense. I think this is a 60/40 fight at the time. Too bad it never happened
mrchitown
I would go with Pacquio by UD. A prime Castillo would've hung right in there with Manny but I see Manny's movement and speed in the ring as the deciding factor in this fight
ViperSniper
Castillo seems to go slightly under the radar a lil bit, I think he was a skilled fighter who knew how to box and counter pretty well. Sure Pac has the speed over Castillo, like he did against close to all his opponents but Pac is very reckless and Castillo would have found windows to counter effectively and gotten in some good bodywork in the process. This would have been a very close fight that Pac may have edged due to work rate and aggression in a fight that could have resemble parts of the first two fights against Marquez.
Eighty88Eight
Castillo was a tremendous fighter at his peak but styles make fights and I think Pacquiao would have beaten him up and stopped him.
JONdaCON817
With Castillo bringing so much pressure and stayin right in front of you, hes there to be hit. and Mannys only defense is to hit.. i think hed stop Castillo in 9. or atleast get him on the bacc pedaling for a UD.
Method
Good fight. Good fight. Lotta fun to watch. Hate to see a loser. I'd fav Paq but shit, man, I dunno.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.