Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Robert Guerrero
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
I really like this kid and can't wait til he beats Maidana...I hope he gets Khan next! http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/8/7/235031...oxing-august-27
Hittman25
im a really big fan of madiana but im really scared for him because of how well robert guerrero can box and move around the ring so well but its gonna be a great fight i just wish nancho could have been training madiana but you know marcos is gonna have to get his ass knocked out before he hopefully switchs up the technique a bit
SmartyBeardo
Guerrero is a favorite of mine but so is Maidana. I think Robert could be the next big thing, but first he has to get by The Test.
duwdu
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 7 2011, 07:17 PM) *
I really like this kid and can't wait til he beats Maidana...I hope he gets Khan next! http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/8/7/235031...oxing-august-27

My thoughts exactly.

Before settling in on Judah, Khan threw Guerrero's name out there as his opponent and Guerrero quickly said he was ready to fight Khan, but Khan quickly backtracked. I wondered why then, because, as far as I could imagine, Khan would have been able to negotiate a more favorable split of the purse with Guerrero compared to what he split to Judah. But then Guerrero would have provided a much higher level of risk. I think the choice of Judah was another excellent match-making strategy by Roach, if you ask me, and that is not to take anything away from Khan's trouncing of Judah.

Now, we may be headed for very interesting times in the very near future with the up and coming 135-147 pounders... just imagine Guerrero and Rios having to cross paths... I will still like Guerrero in that one. Guerrero uses more of his excellent skills than he does pure brawn, which probably accounts for his relatively low KO ratio.

P34c3
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 7 2011, 07:41 PM) *
Guerrero is a favorite of mine but so is Maidana. I think Robert could be the next big thing, but first he has to get by The Test.

This will be his coming up party cause he is gonna slice up the tough guy in a good fight...I like Maidana but he is gonna get messed up in this fight!
caneman
edit; DP
Cshel86
As long as Guerrero's power passes the test, then he will be straight. He already possesses the boxing skills to keep Maidana at bay, but he still needs to be careful. It's hard fighting a guy who doesn't give two shits about defense, getting hit, or getting knocked down throughout the fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think Guerrero is going to school Maidana.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 8 2011, 08:33 AM) *
I think Guerrero is going to school Maidana.

I Think Guerrero wins as well but i think we see him hit the deck more than once, Maidana is going to put mad pressure on him. This is a great test for Robert, i commend GBP for making this fight. Guerrero is not a big ticket seller but i think they know he has the skills and mentality to make for some very good fights and if he can survive the pressure and make the fight exciting he can be thrown in with their deep 135-147 roster. GBP has the tools and the outlets to surpass Top Rank if they go about it in the right way
salvador
I think Guerrero will be an excellent addition to the division. Maidana is one of my favorite fighters and I don't particularly care who wins this fight. I do, however, feel that this will be a real FIGHT from the opening bell to the end. I can't wait.

And I'd love to see Guerrero-Morales if Guerrero loses.
and the NEW
Guerrero has improved tremendously!! I really like the guy and I hope he does well in this fight, but it will be his biggest test to date for sure!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Aug 9 2011, 02:20 AM) *
Guerrero has improved tremendously!! I really like the guy and I hope he does well in this fight, but it will be his biggest test to date for sure!

I too really like the guy, and like his story the only thing I don't overly love is watching him fight! I don't mind watching a technical guy like Hopkins fight because he is also charismatic in the way he does it. Guerrerro's style is a little bland for me, but I am a big fan of the guy and hope he gets the wins and some paydays.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 9 2011, 12:05 PM) *
I too really like the guy, and like his story the only thing I don't overly love is watching him fight! I don't mind watching a technical guy like Hopkins fight because he is also charismatic in the way he does it. Guerrerro's style is a little bland for me, but I am a big fan of the guy and hope he gets the wins and some paydays.

Remeber JonnyBlaze was pretty high on Guerrero a couple of years back. Whatever happeneed to him?
EpTXCHAMP
I'm with majority that would like to see Guererro vs khan over morales vs khan or lucas if he wins....

Does anyone know if Guererro has a legit chin? I am just worried that maidana may catch him and lights out but Im still rooting for Robert.
duwdu
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Aug 9 2011, 03:28 PM) *
I'm with majority that would like to see Guererro vs khan over morales vs khan or lucas if he wins....

Does anyone know if Guererro has a legit chin? I am just worried that maidana may catch him and lights out but Im still rooting for Robert.

Guerrero took Katsidis' solid bombs very well. I think he'd be ok with Maidana's.

Although he is very sound technically, I just think Guerrero gets hit more often than needs be. Even at that, we probably are yet to see the best of him, so I hope he wins, and that Khan accepts to fight him in December, even over Peterson.

P34c3
and the NEW
If Guerrero wins this, he really puts him in the mix with Bradley and Khan.

Peterson is far from that.
duwdu
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Aug 9 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Peterson is far from that.

That's true, however Peterson is now Khan's alphabet mandatory. So special noises by fans may be needed to make it unattractive for Khan to conveniently choose Peterson over Guerrero if Guerrero beats Maidana.

P34c3
Seek
I like Guerrero. I see him in the top 3 at 140 in the near future since most likely Bradley and Khan are moving up to 147. Word out is that Khan is fighting Peterson next which makes sense. Khan is on to bigger and better things with 1 more fight at 140, 1 welter and on to fight Mayweather around September next year.
duwdu
QUOTE (Seek @ Aug 10 2011, 01:18 PM) *
I like Guerrero. I see him in the top 3 at 140 in the near future since most likely Bradley and Khan are moving up to 147. Word out is that Khan is fighting Peterson next which makes sense. Khan is on to bigger and better things with 1 more fight at 140, 1 welter and on to fight Mayweather around September next year.

Mayweather just two days or so ago said that Khan should not be wanting him, and that Khan was dodging and should be fighting Jessie Vargas, a fighter in his (Mayweather) stable. Some may say it is posturing. I think it is putting more distance between Mayweather and Khan. So at best/the earliest, Khan may need more than just one fight at WW before summing up a shot at Mayweather.

P34c3
SmartyBeardo
Does anyone not like Guerrero?
BigG
Im going for Maidana to pound out a decision vs Guerrero.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 11 2011, 06:48 PM) *
Im going for Maidana to pound out a decision vs Guerrero.

That would not surprise me. Nothing Maidana does at this point would though.

My question pertains more to Guerrero's likability.
and the NEW
QUOTE (duwdu @ Aug 10 2011, 12:25 AM) *
That's true, however Peterson is now Khan's alphabet mandatory. So special noises by fans may be needed to make it unattractive for Khan to conveniently choose Peterson over Guerrero if Guerrero beats Maidana.

P34c3

Mandatory means sh*t all for the alphabet titles, may as well carry around a plastic belt and proclaim yourself champion of the world. It's basically what all these fake BS 'sanctioning' bodies are!
duwdu
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Aug 12 2011, 01:11 AM) *
Mandatory means sh*t all for the alphabet titles, may as well carry around a plastic belt and proclaim yourself champion of the world. It's basically what all these fake BS 'sanctioning' bodies are!

That kind of sentiment doesn't change the fact that fighters still clamor to fight for those belts. It is what it is. Khan either fights his mandatory within the stipulated time or he gets stripped. He has the option to run away from the division though. After all, he (Khan) was dodging Maidana until he was emphatically reminded that Maidana was his mandatory and he could no longer continue to avoid Maidana.

P34c3
and the NEW
Not all fighters clamour for it. Plenty of the top guys will happily give up their alphabet plastic belt for the 'real' title of the Ring. See Martinez, doesn't hold any plastic title yet is considered the man to beat at 160. In the 168 division, only half the plastic belts are in the tournament.

Of course sentiment won't change overnight, but those 'world titles' are no longer the be all and end all of championship boxing and here's hoping it slowly changes to one belt, one champion as per 'the ring' which has the best system by far for ranking their fighters. You either beat the champ, or if he retires or moves on, you clean out the division to prove you ARE a champion.
duwdu
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Aug 17 2011, 03:40 AM) *
Not all fighters clamour for it. Plenty of the top guys will happily give up their alphabet plastic belt for the 'real' title of the Ring. See Martinez, doesn't hold any plastic title yet is considered the man to beat at 160. In the 168 division, only half the plastic belts are in the tournament.

Of course sentiment won't change overnight, but those 'world titles' are no longer the be all and end all of championship boxing and here's hoping it slowly changes to one belt, one champion as per 'the ring' which has the best system by far for ranking their fighters. You either beat the champ, or if he retires or moves on, you clean out the division to prove you ARE a champion.

I didn't say ALL fighters clamour for the belts. We all know the only one or two who themselves at the moment can do without having to hold any alphabet belts. By the way, Martinez is not yet one of them, and as he is holding on to the "Emeritus" belt, even if grudgingly; he did not reject it, he just said he would want his real alphabet belt back, one of the reasons he's pursuing Chavez Jr.

Other than those, I agree with your statements regarding what The Ring mag's ranking philosophy stands for and is accomplishing.

P34c3
The Original MrFactor
The Ghost is one of my favorite fighters. I make sure i tune in when he fights. Look forward to him jumping into the mix at 140.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 18 2011, 03:55 AM) *
The Ghost is one of my favorite fighters. I make sure i tune in when he fights. Look forward to him jumping into the mix at 140.

Gladly! Somebody with balls will actually COMPETE in the 140 lb division. There are very few who are willing to do this nowadays. Guess we gotta leave it up to the few that do. I watched his fight with Escobedo the other day, and saw how he fought with such purpose that night. He had pretty good target practice with Katsidis when he peppered him with his left hand all night. He should be a sight to see at 140, and we will see exactly what he's made of against Maidana, who tends to bring the fight out of everybody that he steps in the ring with.
and the NEW
The Ghost injurd, damn it, because I thought he was going to really add a new challenge to Khan and Bradley who have prooven to be well on top of the 140lb heap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.