Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oscar's Advice and Ortiz's Triathlon
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Oscar is giving Ortiz advice about beating Mayweather Jr. is like Oscar telling kids not to use coke. He lost to MJ and he is in rehab (or was in rehab) for doing coke. The last two people that he spoke to about beating MJ got their ass beat severely. Maybe Oscar should keep his advice to himself and if I was Ortiz I am not taking his advice.
As for Ortiz, I am glad he finished a Triathlon but that does not really help in this situation. He has stamina but he has yet started camp and he is not sparing, maybe he will wait until later on in the month to start his real training. I think Ortiz needs to be in the ring working on technique, defense, and other things. I hope he prepares properly. Any thoughts?

MJ on the other hand is sparing with 5 or 6 people and is working out 3 times a day....
mgrover
I can't see him winning. I just can't unless the lay off really affected Mayweather and I don't think it did.
BoxingFan86
Oscar's advice has been ineffective so far, but there's a 1st time for everything. Maybe he could get it right this time. As far as Ortiz's Triathlon goes, I think it's pretty impressive. Although it's not ring work, I think it'll help with his stamina. There's always a con, though. 1 bein' that he could inadvertently over-train himself for this fight. Either way, I expect an eventful night come Sept. 17th from the undercards to the main event.
lloyd mayflower
Good for him doing a triathlon. But at the end of the day, it doesnt matter, he's going to get beat like a ginger stepchild because he doesnt possess the skill required.
Allmenjoi8
Ortiz seems to be hungry. I mean I could not do a triathlon. I could do the swimming and the bike ride but the 5k awards...no!! Or maybe just the 5K and bike. Ortiz said that he has not have a game plan for May yet and to me that is somewhat troubling. I just hope he comes in and makes a fight. I do think the fight will be stopped in the 10th round. Victor seems mentally scattered. 24/7 should help see where his mindset and training is. Plus he could of injured himself doing the Triathlon. Oscar should keep his mouth closed he is one of the 41 that lost.
JONdaCON817
as far as gettin advice from Fishnets goes, If i was Victor ide keep an open ear but i wouldnt live or die on the advice of a coke head (cept maybe Mayweather Sr.)

The lass thing Ortiz needs is a secondary game plan or another voice in his corner asking him to do something to beat someone who unbeatable (atleast at the hands of Ortiz IMO) If anything i think itd be a distraction. Oscar doesnt know how to beat Mayweather, he assume hes knows how to be effective. If i was Ortiz ide tell Oscar to fucc himself and let him(Oscar) try to beat Mayweather himself, his way.
caneman
I think as far as hurting himself goes, he could get hurt training, walking down the stairs or whatever else! I mean sure, the more you expose yourself to more danger the better your chances of getting hurt but I think it's a good start conditioning wise but it's a far cry from stepping in the ring with FMJ! I think FMJ wins an easy UD unless he needs to take Ortiz out just to keep him off him.
Cshel86
Oscar giving advice? Cocaine is a helluva drug haha.gif
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 8 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Oscar giving advice? Cocaine is a helluva drug haha.gif

lol. Ricc James said it best!!!
mrchitown
If a fighter, active or not said they would give advice to another fighter, I'd usually have no complaints but since it's De la Hoya I have an issue with it. Yes, it's true that he and Castillo pushed Mayweather in their fights with him but they still came up shirt. And it is also apparent that De la Hoya doesn't like Floyd. Floyd has stated this in interviews in the past. He gave Hatton advice and looked how that turned out. Oscar should stick to rehab and collecting checks
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 8 2011, 05:48 PM) *
An old Oscar gave Mayweather one of his closest fights, and used the jab well early. It was until the typical Oscar slowed down, and Mayweather got comfortable that he pulled away a bit in the second part of the fight.
Nothing wrong with Oscar giving Ortiz advice. It's not like he is training him or anything. I think any information about a Mayweather opponent that did ok is better than none.

Good points there Fitz. It's unfortunate though that Ortiz doesn't have a good jab. The 2 people who have given Mayweather his toughest fights through 12 rounds were DLH and Castillo. As I said, Ortiz doesn't have a good jab, and he's not as good a pressure fighter as JCL. Now maybe he doesn't have to be, maybe he hurts Mayweather early and discombobulates Mayweather's system so much that he can beat him up. Mayweather is just too smart, fast and defensively gifted to lose to Ortiz. I can't help but remember how Peterson turned the tables on Ortiz after the middle rounds and picture Mayweather doing the same thing.
caneman
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 8 2011, 07:12 PM) *
Good points there Fitz. It's unfortunate though that Ortiz doesn't have a good jab. The 2 people who have given Mayweather his toughest fights through 12 rounds were DLH and Castillo. As I said, Ortiz doesn't have a good jab, and he's not as good a pressure fighter as JCL. Now maybe he doesn't have to be, maybe he hurts Mayweather early and discombobulates Mayweather's system so much that he can beat him up. Mayweather is just too smart, fast and defensively gifted to lose to Ortiz. I can't help but remember how Peterson turned the tables on Ortiz after the middle rounds and picture Mayweather doing the same thing.

Sad but true!
TheFonz
Victor Ortiz just might be dumb enough to make thing real interesting on Sept 17.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 8 2011, 09:13 PM) *
People are just hating on him because it's Oscar. He did very, very well for where he was at in his career and had a good game plan early, he just couldn't follow it.
I just don't understand how at least listening and getting some information from an experienced fighter who has experience with him is a bad thing......but oh wait, it's because it's Oscar.

Its not because its Oscar its because the last two actually three people he gave advice to Mayweather lost convincingly.... Shane, Hatton, and Marquez. That is why I am skeptical
PColeman28
I think the advice is only as good as it fits with a persons fighting style....doing that well in the triathlon is cool, but that just means he was already in shape before he did it, it's a good way to see what kind of shape he's in which is obviously good, i just hope he gets enough ring work in because stamina means nothing if you lose in round 5...
sduck
Only thing I'm skeptical about (but not really) is how Oscar can say Floyd is unbeatable, calling him the real deal after the Mosley fight... but now think he has another brilliant way to beat Mayweather? Stay off the drugs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.