Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adrian Broner v Ricky Burns
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
lloyd mayflower
Just read on boxingscene that Schaefer says Broner will soon fight Ricky Burns for Burns title. Now iv not seen much of Broner, little bits and pieces. I know he had a win over Jason Litzau, and I cant help feeling at this stage Ricky might be getting served up here as the easiest route to a title for this kid.

What can anyone tell me about his chances?

(I appreciate maybe a lot of you havent seen a lot of Burns since prior to Martinez he was a domestic fighter but maybe you know more about Broner)
SmartyBeardo
From what I've seen of Broner, he has good skills and natural ability but he tends to not be busy enough. He seems to fancy himself a younger FMJ, choosing to pot shot and pick his spots too sparingly.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 9 2011, 10:06 PM) *
From what I've seen of Broner, he has good skills and natural ability but he tends to not be busy enough. He seems to fancy himself a younger FMJ, choosing to pot shot and pick his spots too sparingly.

this sums him up quite well, he could be very good but he needs to be more active. He's still very young and this is a good fight against a tough durable fighter
FinitoElDinamita
Broner knocks him out easy...
EAlbian
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Aug 10 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Broner knocks him out easy...

If he can stop burns that would be pretty impressive imo. Burns has never been stopped(lost 12rd UDs) and has been in there with heavy handed opponents before. I can see Broner winning easily but if he can stop burns it definitely raises his stock
PColeman28
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 10 2011, 09:40 AM) *
this sums him up quite well, he could be very good but he needs to be more active. He's still very young and this is a good fight against a tough durable fighter

Yea, just being more active..i watched a few of his fights and i think he tries to pot shot too much which inevitably causes him to be less active during rounds and lose some rounds because of it, but he is young so he'll get better, this is definitely a good fight for him
SENTRAL
Broner is just another over hyped GBP fighter and they're looking at Burns because they see him as the easiest route to the top.  I'm not so certain about that.  Broner has a better win on his resume with the Ponce de Leon fight but we all know he actually lost that one so it counts for nothing. 

Burns is bigger physically and is far more active which will enabling him to steal rounds.  Burns might get caught, might get put down but if the judges call this one correctly I can't look past Ricky Burns winning a tight decision.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 11 2011, 09:29 AM) *
Broner is just another over hyped GBP fighter and they're looking at Burns because they see him as the easiest route to the top.  I'm not so certain about that.  Broner has a better win on his resume with the Ponce de Leon fight but we all know he actually lost that one so it counts for nothing. 

Burns is bigger physically and is far more active which will enabling him to steal rounds.  Burns might get caught, might get put down but if the judges call this one correctly I can't look past Ricky Burns winning a tight decision.

I don't think he's over hyped, he's barely talked about. He is very skilled and has been fighting at a very high level, given his young age(22). In his last 2 fights he's fought two guys in the top ten, over hyped would have been your boy Lemuiex. Broner is the real deal and will continue to progress with the right opponents. Burns is a perfect opponent to both push Broner physically while giving him a chance to stop an opponent that has never been stopped(on HBO). Burns has never fought anyone like Broner(slick, fast, with precise power). GBP is moving Broner correctly imo, a big win here will start the Gamboa talks
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 11 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Broner is just another over hyped GBP fighter and they're looking at Burns because they see him as the easiest route to the top.  I'm not so certain about that.  Broner has a better win on his resume with the Ponce de Leon fight but we all know he actually lost that one so it counts for nothing

I agree that Broner's "victory" was close to a robbery. Broner's inactivity was the clear cause of that. Twitching Litzau was impressive but answers nothing. Ricky Burns will supply some answers.

. . . oh, and I cun't seem to look past that erect middle finger for a glimpse of that tight little . . .
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 9 2011, 11:06 PM) *

There's nothin' else that needs to be said.
duwdu
Smarty and EAlbian between them summed up Broner quite appropriately. I do not know much about Burns to properly comment on him.

llyod or anyone, can you say more about burns while I make efforts at watching his past fights?

P34c3
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (duwdu @ Aug 13 2011, 12:43 AM) *
Smarty and EAlbian between them summed up Broner quite appropriately. I do not know much about Burns to properly comment on him.

llyod or anyone, can you say more about burns while I make efforts at watching his past fights?

P34c3

Pretty big at the wait. Decent chin. Pretty durable and fit. Able to fight well at length. Pretty feather fisted tho and has lost to and struggled with some pretty low level domestic opposition before going on this world title run. He tends to follow a peculiarly Scottish sporting trait, by finding a way to do everything the hard way. If you want to see him on his best day watch his fight with Roman Martinez in which he won his belt.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
From what I've seen of Broner I pretty much will agree with what's been posted. A couple of extra things, when he does commit to a punch he throws it quick and doesn't telegraph it too much, which could catch a fighter relaxiing at the wrong moment. The Litzau fight was a perfect example of that. And of course power, he can really hurt guys.

As for Burns I've only heard good things. Your typical limited yet gutsy hungry fighter with an iron will and never say die attitiude. .
duwdu
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 13 2011, 07:19 AM) *
Pretty big at the wait. Decent chin. Pretty durable and fit. Able to fight well at length. Pretty feather fisted tho and has lost to and struggled with some pretty low level domestic opposition before going on this world title run. He tends to follow a peculiarly Scottish sporting trait, by finding a way to do everything the hard way. If you want to see him on his best day watch his fight with Roman Martinez in which he won his belt.

Thank you.

P34c3
EAlbian
Looks like this fight just got signed for November 26 at the U.S Bank Arena in Cincinnati on HBO
lloyd mayflower
You American bastards better not rob Ricky Burns!!!!
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 29 2011, 04:20 PM) *
You American bastards better not rob Ricky Burns!!!!

we'll. we always will. you better tell your boy to fake a hand injury and try his luck with someone else.
lloyd mayflower
I will spit the fuckin dummy out!!!

WAR Ricky!
Eighty88Eight
mayweatherpacquiao
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 29 2011, 03:59 PM) *
Looks like this fight just got signed for November 26 at the U.S Bank Arena in Cincinnati on HBO

Source link?
EAlbian
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 29 2011, 04:05 PM) *
Source link?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/rumors/artic...for-cincinnati-
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 29 2011, 05:17 PM) *

Thanks for the link. The bar on my anticipation meter just went up a lil' bit.
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 29 2011, 04:30 PM) *
I will spit the fuckin dummy out!!!

WAR Ricky!

you don't want it with America. we'll let Mora ref this one and put you tea drinkers back in your place.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 29 2011, 10:53 PM) *
you don't want it with America. we'll let Mora ref this one and put you tea drinkers back in your place.

Ahhh mate you've got us confused with our neighbours to the south. Thats like me calling you a Taco munching kidnapper who brushes his hair with margarine.

No no, we will come over there with our kilts and our bagpipes and our killer haggis and arse rape our way to justice if you rob him
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 31 2011, 02:54 AM) *
Ahhh mate you've got us confused with our neighbours to the south. Thats like me calling you a Taco munching kidnapper who brushes his hair with margarine.

No no, we will come over there with our kilts and our bagpipes and our killer haggis and arse rape our way to justice if you rob him

. . . and did you see that mouse crawl up and fuck that elephant in the ass?
lloyd mayflower
I see on the front page that Burns v Broner is no longer going ahead because Burns has elected to step up to lightweight to take on Michael Katsidis. Dont know if it has been signed or not but holy shit, never seen that one coming. What a way to step up a weight. Cant help feeling its a bit foolhardy on Burns part, but hey ho, its going to be good while it lasts! Hopefully it happens here so I can attend.

Oh, and from now until the fight, FUCK ALL YOU AUSSIE BASTARDS!!!!!!! Its war!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 31 2011, 11:15 AM) *
. . . and did you see that mouse crawl up and fuck that elephant in the ass?

Hahahahaha!!! Dammit man!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 16 2011, 03:42 PM) *
I see on the front page that Burns v Broner is no longer going ahead because Burns has elected to step up to lightweight to take on Michael Katsidis. Dont know if it has been signed or not but holy shit, never seen that one coming. What a way to step up a weight. Cant help feeling its a bit foolhardy on Burns part, but hey ho, its going to be good while it lasts! Hopefully it happens here so I can attend.

Oh, and from now until the fight, FUCK ALL YOU AUSSIE BASTARDS!!!!!!! Its war!!!!

Neither did I. Speakin' of Broner, I wonder if Mendez really does have the solution to his problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.