Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Floyd Mayweather beatable?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
boxing4ever
Is Floyd Mayweather beatable?
41 have tried and 41 have come up short

The Picasso of boxing, Floyd Mayweather, is returning to the squared circle on September 17th in an attempt to paint another masterpiece with a virtuoso performance against Victor Ortiz. After a 16 month layoff he is ready to lace the gloves back up and show the world why he is the pound 4 pound best in the sport. He along with his charismatic trainer/uncle Roger and the rest of Team Mayweather are preparing diligently because no king wants to leave his throne prematurely.

Read More...
http://www.bukisa.com/articles/531137_is-f...eather-beatable
FinitoElDinamita
Only Floyd himself and father time can beat him. IF he loses the hunger and fights half assed, he can be beat or if he doesn't age well like Bernard and starts slipping without making adjustments.

I just dont see anyone beating him at his best.
Eighty88Eight
He may be unbeatable by the current staple of opponents out there, but I already thought Castillo beat him in the first fight by a point. Either way it was a evenly fought fight and one in which the compubox stats overwhelmingly favored Castillo, including connect %, the only such time in Mayweather's career that's happened. I also don't foresee a scenario in which Mayweather beats Pacquiao either. Not at this point in his career anyway. He's slowing down.
mgrover
Maybe, see with the pacman as an opponent the only X factor is the pacmans speed, if he's faster than Floyd then he'll win, if he's not then Floyd will be countering him all night long.
Seek
Martinez could beat Floyd. He's got all the advantages except for maybe hand speed. Imo Floyd would start to outbox Sergio and beat him convincingly. That is not a fight I expect of Floyd to take but it's the only one I think Floyd could come up on the short end if all doesn't go according to plan.
Eighty88Eight
Pacquiao is certainly faster with combinations, if not quicker with leads as well. He also happens to be a devastating counter puncher in his own right. I believe if Roach makes Pac come out and immediately circle Mayweather like he did De La Hoya, Pac will dominate the fight, plain and simple.

Martinez could beat Floyd. He's got all the advantages except for maybe hand speed. Imo Floyd would start to outbox Sergio and beat him convincingly. That is not a fight I expect of Floyd to take but it's the only one I think Floyd could come up on the short end if all doesn't go according to plan.

I think Floyd kicks Martinez' ass at 155. Martinez is good but he's not THAT good. His defense is pretty weak and his competition hasn't been very good. I think Margarito still gives him a tough fight. Pavlik was on his way to knocking Martinez out until that ridiculous cut.
blackbelt2003
Of course Floyd is beatable. Every boxer is beatable, and the opponent is probably someone you wouldn't expect it to be. It might have been Paul Williams, or Antonio Margarito, or Miguel Cotto if they'd ever gotten the chance to fight Floyd. That's the problem with the whole, "Floyd didn't need to fight so-and-so because he was so much better than him!" argument.

Boxing is littered with examples of when the proverb about a broken clock being right two times a day manifests itself as an upset. There are probably a half dozen fighters out there with the punch, the skills, the luck or just the Indian sign over Floyd needed to beat him. Same as EVERY fighter. An undefeated record just means he didn't get round to fighting them.

Black
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Aug 10 2011, 03:47 PM) *
Of course Floyd is beatable. Every boxer is beatable, and the opponent is probably someone you wouldn't expect it to be. It might have been Paul Williams, or Antonio Margarito, or Miguel Cotto if they'd ever gotten the chance to fight Floyd. That's the problem with the whole, "Floyd didn't need to fight so-and-so because he was so much better than him!" argument.

Boxing is littered with examples of when the proverb about a broken clock being right two times a day manifests itself as an upset. There are probably a half dozen fighters out there with the punch, the skills, the luck or just the Indian sign over Floyd needed to beat him. Same as EVERY fighter. An undefeated record just means he didn't get round to fighting them.

Black

Very well put.
Spyder
What a silly question. That would be like asking if Chuck Norris was beatable...or Zeus the God of Thunder.

Floyd is the only person a laser sight refuses to shine on. Floyd would win a staring contest with his eyes closed. A meteor didn't kill the dinosaurs, Floyd just went on a hunting trip. Floyd can make Brock Lesnar tap out just by agreeing to fight.

Of course Floyd is unbeatable.
Big Slim Sweet
Floyd Mayweather is 100% Grade A Unbeatable. Make no mistake about it. Floyd Mayweather cannot be beat.

And if he does get beat, that just means he wasn't at his best.
Plah
At his best, maybe Martinez. Stop sucking his nuts tho, lol.
JONdaCON817
I can beat him with a 9mm.

anyone is beatable... but lucc doesnt happen twice.

Blacc said it best tho.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Aug 10 2011, 03:47 PM) *

Black

+1
PColeman28
He's beatable....back in the day people use to say there is always at least 1 person in the world that will have your number and you can't beat em up, floyd just hasn't fought that person yet, and like someone said in an earlier post it's probably someone we wouldn't expect....
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Aug 10 2011, 04:47 PM) *

Black

half dozen fighters out there who would have beaten Floyd? you're so silly and hyperbolic that it makes my hair hurt. By your illogic, he should have also fought Chavez Sr, Hugo Pineda, and Ben Tackie because, hell, anybody can beat anybody what with "upsets" happening and all. Cotto had a punchers chance, Margarito had a cheaters chance, and Paul Williams had an idiots chance. Certainly a chance, but not realistic chances. Not anymore realistic than Judah or Baldomir anyway. Boxing isn't as incidental, and it's elite fighters aren't as vulnerable to capriciousness as MMA fighters.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (boxing4ever @ Aug 10 2011, 11:04 AM) *
Is Floyd Mayweather beatable?

Yes.
mrwigi
honestly, every fighter is beatable, but floyd just hasnt met his match. I think floyd biggest enemy is floyd. He is slowing down a hair, but in all honesty, Zab was faster than him. Dont get me wrong, the pac is light years ahead of Zab, and speed does kill. But its going take a lot more than just speed and power to beat him. Once he figures u out, u have to adjust. I dont think anyone will ever be able to apply the pressure that casitllio did in the 1st fight. He wont allow it. And I think he lost that fight. but he learned his weakness.

With that being said, someone is bound to beat floyd, but it damned sure wont be Manny..lol
MoneyMay
He is beatable but no one in this boxing era can beat him .. No fighter in the last 20 years could beat him
MoneyMay
He is beatable but no one in this boxing era can beat him .. No fighter in the last 20 years could beat him
mrchitown
Yes, Floyd is beatable. But I don't see it happening. He's very smart, defensively sound, and his adjustments are excellent. I've heard some say he's slowed down but so has Manny Pacquio who some believe could beat him. He has slowed down and he's been more of an active fighter then Floyd. I just think Floyd came along at the right time in boxing, the fighters I think who could beat him are the 80s welterweights, not these fighters we watch today. I think he'll continue to get pushed in the ring but find a way to pull out the W.
Spyder
QUOTE (MoneyMay @ Aug 11 2011, 01:56 AM) *

20 years? The guy that fought an old ass Oscar de la Hoya to a SD? laugh.gif

Warlord
What a stupid ass question...

Of course no one can beat Mayweather! It's inconceivable!

No one except someone on steroids, that is. But we don't have to worry about that, 'cause Money May is here to clean up boxing for all the fans out there. Money May is one of the good guys. A real class act, and a true hero.

His semen cures cancer.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MoneyMay @ Aug 11 2011, 12:56 AM) *

Really? Coz in my books Castillo has already beaten him (unofficially of course.)
sduck
Stupid thread, just for the nuthuggers and haters to shine sleep.gif
MoneyMay
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 11 2011, 05:58 AM) *
Really? Coz in my books Castillo has already beaten him (unofficially of course.)

lol last time i check mayweather was 41-0 not 40-1..Castillo did not beat him he put up a good fight but he clearly lost
MoneyMay
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 11 2011, 03:43 AM) *

thats Delahoyas fault not Floyd and he still beat him so ?? floyd been calling him out since the 90s..
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (MoneyMay @ Aug 11 2011, 11:09 AM) *
lol last time i check mayweather was 41-0 not 40-1..Castillo did not beat him he put up a good fight but he clearly lost

No, Mayweather didn't clearly win anymore than Pacquiao clearly won against Marquez. It was a dead even fight that compubox saw in Castillo's favor. The only such time Mayweather has been on the wrong end of compubox stats in his career.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 11 2011, 08:14 AM) *
No, Mayweather didn't clearly win anymore than Pacquiao clearly won against Marquez. It was a dead even fight that compubox saw in Castillo's favor. The only such time Mayweather has been on the wrong end of compubox stats in his career.

There is no cure for Floydiotism, 88. Don't bother.
MoneyMay
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 11 2011, 11:14 AM) *

Lol Castillo finished strong but mayweather win more rounds CLEARLY..Look at there faces at the end .. Mayweather still looks like round one can't say the same for Castillo
EAlbian
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 11 2011, 10:14 AM) *

very close fight that most observes felt Castillo should have won, hence the reason for the immediate rematch. Floyd won that pretty easily. Mayweather claims he was injured the first fight, definitely plausible. It doesn't change the fact in most observes minds that Floyd really lost the first fight. He proved in the second fight he was clearly the better fighter. Floyd is very beatable, unfortunately the guys that were capable of this during his career were fighting each other and Floyd wasn't on their radar until they were past it. Right now Manny has a shot, hopefully that fight gets made
MoneyMay
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 11 2011, 11:17 AM) *
There is no cure for Floydiotism, 88. Don't bother.

I bet your a pwill fan lol money is still undefeated and I bet your dumbass still orders his fights ..keep hating on greatness
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (MoneyMay @ Aug 11 2011, 08:24 AM) *
I bet your a pwill fan lol money is still undefeated and I bet your dumbass still orders his fights ..keep hating on greatness

SmartyBeardo a fan of The Definition? haha.gif . . . you type well while gargling FMJ nutsac.

The difference between me and your nutsac gargling, delusional ass is that I defend FMJ when it makes sense and you think he is deity. You worship his arrogant, stuttering ass.

Clear signs of Floydiotism.
caneman
QUOTE (MoneyMay @ Aug 11 2011, 10:24 AM) *

rolleyes_anim.gif You got the beat boi?
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 11 2011, 11:22 AM) *
very close fight that most observes felt Castillo should have won, hence the reason for the immediate rematch. Floyd won that pretty easily. Mayweather claims he was injured the first fight, definitely plausible. It doesn't change the fact in most observes minds that Floyd really lost the first fight. He proved in the second fight he was clearly the better fighter. Floyd is very beatable, unfortunately the guys that were capable of this during his career were fighting each other and Floyd wasn't on their radar until they were past it. Right now Manny has a shot, hopefully that fight gets made

I'm not trying to be contentious with you, but you so sure Mayweather won the second fight "easily"? I think you ought to watch it again. It's rather boring, but the judges had the fight 115-113 in the end, and those scores werent entirely unfounded. Mayweather fought like a bitch. Only time I ever seen him blatantly run from an opponent.
MoneyMay
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 11 2011, 11:30 AM) *
SmartyBeardo a fan of The Definition? haha.gif . . . you type well while gargling FMJ nutsac.

The difference between me and your nutsac gargling, delusional ass is that I defend FMJ when it makes sense and you think he is deity. You worship his arrogant, stuttering ass.

Clear signs of Floydiotism.

Lol it's ok .."smartybeardo" whatever the fuck that means lmao don't be bad it's not that serious buddy
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (MoneyMay @ Aug 11 2011, 11:21 AM) *
Lol Castillo finished strong but mayweather win more rounds CLEARLY..Look at there faces at the end .. Mayweather still looks like round one can't say the same for Castillo

Faces don't tell the story, but if they did, Castillo would still be the winner. Castillo didn't have a scratch on him, Mayweather had a small nick above his eye, and was bleeding from his nose AND mouth.
MoneyMay
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 11 2011, 11:34 AM) *
rolleyes_anim.gif You got the beat boi?

Lol nice one you took time out of your day to make black guy posters lol some life you have lmao
caneman
QUOTE (MoneyMay @ Aug 11 2011, 10:45 AM) *
Lol nice one you took time out of your day to make black guy posters lol some life you have lmao

Nah, just keep it on hand for cock riders like you bruh! lolz
EAlbian
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 11 2011, 10:41 AM) *
I'm not trying to be contentious with you, but you so sure Mayweather won the second fight "easily"? I think you ought to watch it again. It's rather boring, but the judges had the fight 115-113 in the end, and those scores werent entirely unfounded. Mayweather fought like a bitch. Only time I ever seen him blatantly run from an opponent.

I've watched the fight multiple times and it isn't a great fight by any means but Mayweather won it easily with his lead right. the scores from the first fight accurately project the outcome of the second fight. Just my opinion tho, it was cat and mouse and Castillo couldn't catch him. he ate lead rights all night
MoneyMay
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 11 2011, 11:52 AM) *
Nah, just keep it on hand for cock riders like you bruh! lolz

Lol so you love the black cock is what your telling me lol
caneman
QUOTE (MoneyMay @ Aug 11 2011, 12:31 PM) *
Lol so you love the black cock is what your telling me lol

With you keep on bringing up race, I take it you are black huh? Oh yea and very young! Add to that, I bet you think you are the king of the come back I am sure! pfffft
fuck.gif laugh.gif
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 11 2011, 02:15 PM) *
With you keep on bringing up race, I take it you are black huh? Oh yea and very young! Add to that, I bet you think you are the king of the come back I am sure! pfffft
fuck.gif laugh.gif

http://www.linkwhip.com/wp-content/uploads...-Really-Gay.jpg
caneman
scare.gif
Method
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 11 2011, 05:21 AM) *
What a stupid ass question...

Of course no one can beat Mayweather! It's inconceivable!

No one except someone on steroids, that is. But we don't have to worry about that, 'cause Money May is here to clean up boxing for all the fans out there. Money May is one of the good guys. A real class act, and a true hero.

His semen cures cancer.

of

the

year!
kingknockout
martinez this martinez that...

I don't know why people think this dude is on floyd mayweather's level....plus he's big as heck......

they not even in the same weight class...c'mon now.

this is what it's come to? somebody that's in a whole nothing weight division?

you all have to resort to this?
caneman
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Aug 11 2011, 04:49 PM) *
martinez this martinez that...

I don't know why people think this dude is on floyd mayweather's level....plus he's big as heck......

they not even in the same weight class...c'mon now.

this is what it's come to? somebody that's in a whole nothing weight division?

you all have to resort to this?

Floyd will never fight him so no worries BUT Maravilla would drop to 154 to tap that ass...or is that only ok when it's DLH? For someone greater than SRR, it should be an EASY night for Floyd, right? I mean he ain't even on Floyd's level right? laugh.gif
Method
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 11 2011, 05:07 PM) *

of

the

year!

B

U

M

P
duwdu
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 11 2011, 03:43 AM) *

Floyd can be beat of course. Anyone can be beat. I am yet unconvinced about who in the current crop of 147-154 pounders it could be though.

TBH, the DLH fight should not have been judged a split decision - I don't know what Harold Lederman and the pro-Oscar judge were watching; it was a unanimous win for Floyd. Even Oscar admitted after having watched the fight himself that he lost the fight, that Floyd clearly beat him.

P34c3
duwdu
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 11 2011, 02:15 PM) *
fuck.gif laugh.gif

Hmm caneman, I think you might have let some things slip here... are you implying that those who bring up race issues are necessarily black? And that you are non-black?

P34c3
daprofessor
floyd is probably the most skilled fighter we've seen since sugar ray robinson. he is definitely thee most skilled active fighter today. he blazed a serious trail back in '98 and who would have thought that he would be fighter of the year again in '08? i love watching him do his thing and i have always been a fan of his boxing. with all of that being said...every fighter is beatable. the real question is...will floyd fight someone who can beat him? when was the last time floyd wasn't favored to win? anytime a fighter of his skill/fame/accomplishment can pick and choose who they fight and when....they'll always be hard to beat. take a look at bhop. they're using the same formula. floyd has it down to a science and hasn't missed a beat yet. bhop on the other hand has made mistakes along the way...but he's closing the show nicely. both are great....but both have been in positions to pick and choose who they fight...and when they fight. as far as accomplishment, i put bhop a level above floyd because he has won when he wasn't supposed to. he had far less to work with....and has really gotten great mileage out of it. sure floyd has been paid waaay more...but i'm still waiting for him to be the underdog. i'm still waiting to have that feeling like, "i don't know about this fight..." and have him blow his opponent out like he did against corrales back in the day. until then....i'll just enjoy the show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.