Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins: Mayweather- Pacquiao Superfight Will Happen
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Eighty88Eight
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/68488...ack-chad-dawson

This wouldn't normally mean anything but Hopkins did say back in May that the Mayweather-Ortiz fight would happen.
Hotsauce
well he is with gbp
Hops
The fight's not gonna happen.

Floyd doesn't trust WADA. He only trust USADA. But he's not willing to pay for the logistics required to test Pacquiao when he trains in the Philippines.
Plah
Will happen and Floyd will win a kinda boring UD. Won't live to the hype. Unless somehow Pac manages to knock him down.
Eighty88Eight
I believe the promoters pay for the drug testing, and if Mayweather doesn't trust WADA he doesn't trust USADA.
mrwigi
do u know how much money these fuckers stand to make off this.. OF COURSE its going happen.

If im not mistaken, did it not take a little while for lenoard to fight hearns. I believe it was Angelo Dundee who said the fight culd be bigger.. Let it swell. It was already going to be the biggest fight , if not in history, than in recent memory. I'm 24, and this will be the biggest sporting event of my generation. Next year between march and may, u will see mayweather and pacquaio standing across the ring from one another.
mrchitown
I see the fight happens. Some are saying if he gets past Victor, then they might try to set it up for May. Who knows when but I can see it happening some time in 2012. And when they do fight I'm going with Floyd by UD
Hops
Let's fuckin' bump this thread up sometime on 2013.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Aug 11 2011, 03:11 PM) *
I'm 24, and this will be the biggest sporting event of my generation.

If you count out the World Cup, Olympics & Tour de France you may be 1/2 right.
Eighty88Eight
Why are you so zealous with your cynicism? It's not like you even have a logical reason to believe it won't happen. No sensible person believes they're scared of each other, the people around Pacquiao are saying the random testing is no longer an issue, so unless Mayweather-Ortiz does 1.5 million buys and Pac-JMM does something like 750,000, then we won't have to worry about there being any other real issues coming in between a deal being made.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 11 2011, 06:55 AM) *
Why are you so zealous with your cynicism? It's not like you even have a logical reason to believe it won't happen. No sensible person believes they're scared of each other, the people around Pacquiao are saying the random testing is no longer an issue, so unless Mayweather-Ortiz does 1.5 million buys and Pac-JMM does something like 750,000, then we won't have to worry about there being any other real issues coming in between a deal being made.

. . . or Ortiz knocks FMJ's arrogant, stuttering ass back to September 10th and JMM drives the entire Team QuackMeow nation into a lemming stampede.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 10 2011, 05:55 PM) *
The fight's not gonna happen.

Floyd doesn't trust WADA. He only trust USADA. But he's not willing to pay for the logistics required to test Pacquiao when he trains in the Philippines.

How can he not trust WADA when WADA gives the standard to USADA and other doping international agencies? I think you have May confused with Arum. And where did you hear that he isn't willing to pay for a test that he is demanding both Pac and any other opponent to take? Quotes please...
Hops
1. Even though USADA people can go visit Pac in the Philippines, WADA may also recommend other organizations instead of USADA. Floyd will not agree.
2. Arum will not pay half the bill if it's conducted by USADA.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 11 2011, 09:05 AM) *
. . . or Ortiz knocks FMJ's arrogant, stuttering ass back to September 10th and JMM drives the entire Team QuackMeow nation into a lemming stampede.

Bill Withers stuttered and he said he hated speaking in public because people like you would make fun of him. Stuttering is an actual speech problem that many people suffer from. Stuttering has nothing with someone's intellect and it is a actually considered neurological. You can dislike someone but do not insult a disorder that many people suffer from. Mine as well make fun of people with Parkinson's disease. And what is wrong with being arrogant? If you are great at what you do why hate?
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 11 2011, 09:29 AM) *
1. Even though USADA people can go visit Pac in the Philippines, WADA may also recommend other organizations instead of USADA. Floyd will not agree.
2. Arum will not pay half the bill if it's conducted by USADA.

Has MJ said that he would not agree or that is your opinion? And Arum stated that there were no more problems with the fight being made so I am sure paying for extra testing is not a problem.
Hops
So, you believe Arum now?
SENTRAL
Yawns at another thread which was destined to go down the same monotonous route as ALL the others.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 11 2011, 07:30 AM) *
Bill Withers stuttered and he said he hated speaking in public because people like you would make fun of him. Stuttering is an actual speech problem that many people suffer from. Stuttering has nothing with someone's intellect and it is a actually considered neurological. You can dislike someone but do not insult a disorder that many people suffer from. Mine as well make fun of people with Parkinson's disease. And what is wrong with being arrogant? If you are great at what you do why hate?

1. I didn't make fun of FMJ's arrogant, stuttering ass. I suggested that I am hoping that Ortiz finds a way to knock his arrogant, stuttering ass back to September 10th.

2. I didn't suggest that because FMJ is an arrogant, stuttering ass that it has anything to do with his intellect.

3. I am often a defender of FMJ's arrogant, stuttering ass.

4. It is good to see that you're posts are becoming progressively more intelligible. Keep working on it.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 11 2011, 07:36 AM) *
Yawns at another thread which was destined to go down the same monotonous route as ALL the others.

Anything that gets you to post with that sig, I'm all for.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 11 2011, 09:32 AM) *
So, you believe Arum now?

Nope, just stating what has been officially said.

Smarty Beardo, pointing out someone's speech impediment is making fun of them.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 11 2011, 07:59 AM) *

Just stating the obvious. Stuttering can be mitigated, BTW. There is no known cure for Floydiotism, unfortunately.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 11 2011, 09:59 AM) *

Obviously you are a fucking retard if you think FMJ has a stuttering problem, he doesn't stutter when he's yelling about how much money he has. He stutters when he's trying to speak intelligibly and keep from saying the stupid things he is inclined to. I'm a huge Mayweather fan but the guy is comical when he is trying to speak eloquently.

On another note who gives a fuck if beardo makes fun of some fighters speech impediment?? are you FMJ's mom? This is a boxing forum, we come here to argue and credit/discredit fighters. This is not 3rd grade recess
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 11 2011, 09:52 AM) *
Anything that gets you to post with that sig, I'm all for.

ones like this would be fine too! http://i.imgur.com/7PxMK.jpg
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 11 2011, 08:18 AM) *
ones like this would be fine too! http://i.imgur.com/7PxMK.jpg

A bit thin for SmartyBeardo, but nice. Your sig is still numero uno, caneman.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 11 2011, 10:21 AM) *
A bit thin for SmartyBeardo, but nice. Your sig is still numero uno, caneman.

I know whatcha mean on both counts but I bet it looks thicker on all fours! lol

I seen this things about Vida's top 10 or 20 pics and this sig pic wasn't even one of them and I never seen a better one!!!
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 11 2011, 10:14 AM) *
Obviously you are a fucking retard if you think FMJ has a stuttering problem, he doesn't stutter when he's yelling about how much money he has. He stutters when he's trying to speak intelligibly and keep from saying the stupid things he is inclined to. I'm a huge Mayweather fan but the guy is comical when he is trying to speak eloquently.

On another note who gives a fuck if beardo makes fun of some fighters speech impediment?? are you FMJ's mom? This is a boxing forum, we come here to argue and credit/discredit fighters. This is not 3rd grade recess

What is with the foul language? Stuttering happens at anytime, and he stutters when he is most comfortable. Bill Withers said he would talk just fine and then start to stutter. And who invited you in Smarty and I's conversation? Are you Smarty's big brother or daddy? My goodness,
caneman
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 11 2011, 10:35 AM) *
What is with the foul language? Stuttering happens at anytime, and he stutters when he is most comfortable. Bill Withers said he would talk just fine and then start to stutter. And who invited you in Smarty and I's conversation? Are you Smarty's big brother or daddy? My goodness,

maybe cause it's a public message board!
EAlbian
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 11 2011, 10:35 AM) *

Well if Bill Withers says so... Floyd doesn't have a stuttering problem, he is trying to choose his words. You and smarty can PM, otherwise its subjected to anyone who's on the forum.
CDeezFoo
why fight Floyd and lose all that money ... this fight won't happen but it is because Arum won't let it..Manny is his cash cow and he won't give him up to the butcher...gonna milk him as long as he can. then maybe at the end for one last hurrah (for his pockets) they will call out Mayweather but by that time Floyd may be done. F! Bob Arum
EAlbian
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Aug 11 2011, 11:56 AM) *
why fight Floyd and lose all that money ... this fight won't happen but it is because Arum won't let it..Manny is his cash cow and he won't give him up to the butcher...gonna milk him as long as he can. then maybe at the end for one last hurrah (for his pockets) they will call out Mayweather but by that time Floyd may be done. F! Bob Arum

I tend to agree with this, Arum seems like the only one ever to have an objection to this fight whenever its brought up. Pacs contract is up next year, maybe the fight gets made then
BoxingStill#1
The idea of Floyed and Pac has become bigger than the fight itself...
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 11 2011, 01:48 PM) *
The idea of Floyed and Pac has become bigger than the fight itself...

There are about 300 million reasons why that's a nonsensical comment. There are also syntactical reasons.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 11 2011, 02:12 PM) *
There are about 300 million reasons why that's a nonsensical comment. There are also syntactical reasons.

Lol... awsome....

It wasn't quoted for the simple minded..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.