Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FNF - Cintron
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
I'm looking forward to seeing Cintron tonight because I think he has the physical advantages to be a life and death competitor at 154. I'd still love to see Cintron-Williams 2 and I think he's a serious opponent for anyone at 154.

That said, what I'm struck with tonight is what a great commentator Hopkins is. He's not articulate, but at the same time he doesn't waste words and he doesn't waste time with small talk. He just throws out excellent insight that, perhaps, only a veteran like himself could offer.

I think Hopkins might have a real career as a commentator. Compared to Lewis and Jones, I'd take Hopkins all day.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
What a friggin KO by Dannie Williams in the first fight too. Cervantes threw a weak jab, brought it back low, and paid the ultimate price. That right was a thing of beauty, and it laid Cervantes out flat. Hopkins is doing a good job as well. We'll see if Cintron can prove there's anything left in the tank tonight, or if he'll get upset twice in a row, and fade away.
Mean Mister Mustard
Smith is screaming like a madman every time he throws a punch.
salvador
The more I listen to Hopkins the more I think he'd be a great trainer. He's obviously smart, but he's also completely unemotional. He seems like he would be the kind of trainer who could manage a corner without screaming.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This is same ol' Cintron. He just can't utilize his height and fight on the outside. He's letting Smith get shots off on the inside, and he's smothering his own shots. Even if Cintron wins, I don't see him getting a title again.
caneman
Citcron is done, he should be smoking this guy!
Method
I put $25 on Smith just in case Cintron mentally folded. We'll see how the judges had it scored.
Method
Wow. Two of three judges had it kinda wide.
Method
I'll tell you what...was it me or did Keandre Gibson look kinda fucking nasty?
gravytrain
my only interest in Cintron is seeing him lose by a career ending beat down. Hopkins sounded good commentating though. i think he sounds better than most of the other fighters to turned to commentating.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I thought that was a little closer than the judges had it. However, I did think that Cintron edged it out. However, he didn't look all that much better than he did a month ago. He can't deal with a guy that puts on solid pressure, as he just folds and fights that fight.

I didn't watch the Gibson fight, but he looked pretty good. Stunned the dude pretty good and won every round from what I heard.

The Williams fight could be a candidate for KO of the year too. Good night and good season for FNF.
Method
QUOTE (salvador @ Aug 12 2011, 10:35 PM) *
The more I listen to Hopkins the more I think he'd be a great trainer. He's obviously smart, but he's also completely unemotional. He seems like he would be the kind of trainer who could manage a corner without screaming.

Funny thing is, Hopkins swears up and down that he doesnt have the patience to be a trainer; that he would get too frustrated if guys didnt take it as serious as him. I think he's wrong. I think he does have the patience. I also think he knows well enough to know if a guy is taking things seriously. It's not like Bernard would have to do it for the money and would keep his mouth shut and collect a check if his pupil/charge started half-steppin, Bernard's set with cash and could pick and choose as his gut tells him. If the kid starts doggin, just bounce.

He knows his shit. That video on the net of him schooling Rashard Jackson is real good. You can tell Hops gets all passionate about the sweet science aspect and gets amped up to teach it.

He rolled in on Rashard Evans, they go of on this sick tangent about shooting the right hand, then he wishes him luck, hug, Ex starts to walk out, and then turns right around and goes right back into explaining the art of distance and shooting the right hand, rolling your shoulder/keeping your stance angled, keeping your chin tucked, etc. It was good stuff.
caneman
One thing is X is so disciplined that I don't know if he'd put with the new breed of fighters!
and the NEW
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 13 2011, 03:35 AM) *
He rolled in on Rashard Evans, they go of on this sick tangent about shooting the right hand, then he wishes him luck, hug, Ex starts to walk out, and then turns right around and goes right back into explaining the art of distance and shooting the right hand, rolling your shoulder/keeping your stance angled, keeping your chin tucked, etc. It was good stuff.

Yeh that was a good clip.

I haven't seen this Cintron fight yet, but I look forward to hearing BHOP insights moreso than watching the fight, the man knows his sh*t!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 12 2011, 10:18 PM) *
I'll tell you what...was it me or did Keandre Gibson look kinda fucking nasty?

It was me too. A little disappointed he didn't put Hughes away though.

Cintron looked sluggish again and Hopkins would make a GREAT trainer.
bosco
Cintron needs to hang em' up. He's not gonna win any titles, he's boring and can't sell a fight . Nullify his right hand and he's nothing. I guess he can be a decent opponent for up and comers. He was never the same after margarito ..Sergio Martinez really stopped him but bad refereeing and judging saved him and superman'd out of the Paul Williams fight.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 13 2011, 10:49 AM) *
I picture BHop as The Boxing Sensei or guru in a monastery in the mist at the top of a mountain with 100,000 steps.

Lls.... yup...

"Master Hopkins, what iss the meaning of life?"

"The meaning of life is the constant search to correctly pronounce words with the letter R"......

Haha
Method
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 14 2011, 05:33 PM) *
Lls.... yup...

"Master Hopkins, what iss the meaning of life?"

"The meaning of life is the constant search to correctly pronounce words with the letter R"......

Haha

Hahahahaha. WTF!?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.