Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scott LeDoux and Ryan Hamilton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Last night, former heavyweight contender Scott LeDoux passed away after a two year battle with Lou Gehrig's Disease. He fought that disease with everything he had, and lived the best he could until that last day. I had the pleasure to spend some time with Scott six years ago at ACR Boxing gym. He was going to have a farewell sparring match, and it was going to be his last time stepping into the ring. He worked out at the same gym I was training at, and he was sparring and hitting the bag. He was always a pleasure to be around, as after workouts he brought photos he would sign for all the kids. Scott played a large role in getting Minnesota to institute their boxing commission once again.

ESPN just did a really nice piece on him, and that was great to see. Our local papers here in the Twin Cities also ran some nice articles. It's sad to see him go. My prayers with the LeDoux family.

Also, RIP Patricia "Ryan" Hamilton passed away this past week. She ran a website, called livefromringside, that highlighted amateur boxing in Minnesota. She was at all the fights, and had such a passion for the sport. I remember she would give me advice on my amateur boxing career back in the day, and always gave me a lot of support. It was always a pleasure to help her out with the website, feeding her results when I was at shows she couldn't be at.
caneman
RIP!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.