Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao & Roach Impression
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Box in Hand
Usually don't post these kind of videos but this shit was dead on. Check it out!!!!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...6aWu2sMS34enM7P
mgrover
haha shit is hilarious
Cshel86
Freddie in between rounds: "C'mon Manny, I want you to go out there and knock this son of a bitch out for me".

Manny during a post-fight interview: (Looking like he's reading a teleprompter) "Uhhh, we trained very hard for this fiiight. The fight was very haaard, but we worked on it in training camp.

Lol! Classic stuff!
thehype
LMFAO
JONdaCON817
Haha. That shyt was Amazing. Pac had the look down but Freddy Roach had me rolling. LMAO
caneman
I love it! http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10536.html
caneman
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 15 2011, 10:16 PM) *
Usually don't post these kind of videos but this shit was dead on. Check it out!!!!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...6aWu2sMS34enM7P

That shit is greatness!
Method
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 16 2011, 01:22 PM) *

Stuff like this is the exact reason there's a defamation lawsuit out on the Mayweathers.

It's all in good fun, whatever, but If I'm NIKE or whatever, and I was thinking about signing this guy to an endorsement deal, then I hear all these allegations of drug use, etc., I'd likely think twice, if not scrap it as more trouble than its worth. Therein lies the rub - I sack my idea to endorse Manny. Manny loses a multiple 7-8 figure payday. Defamation. Libel. Al over baseless allegations.
caneman
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 16 2011, 02:41 PM) *
Stuff like this is the exact reason there's a defamation lawsuit out on the Mayweathers.

It's all in good fun, whatever, but If I'm NIKE or whatever, and I was thinking about signing this guy to an endorsement deal, then I hear all these allegations of drug use, etc., I'd likely think twice, if not scrap it as more trouble than its worth. Therein lies the rub - I sack my idea to endorse Manny. Manny loses a multiple 7-8 figure payday. Defamation. Libel. Al over baseless allegations.

Yea one thing is, there is hours of the Mayweathers says that shit and everyone says pussy pacman, blah blah blah, but I think there is some merit or the suit would be dropped...I don't know how the 3 of them can not show up to court without contempt charges!
sduck
I immediately started dyin when i heard the Pacquiao impression... all of the sketches were good!
EAlbian
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 16 2011, 03:41 PM) *

The difference is that nothing in this clip states that he was using any kind of drug(they call it vitamins), it may elude to that but it never explicitly stated it. The Mayweathers stated with conviction that they knew that he was on steroids/PEDs, they are respected(in some respect i use that loosely) boxing experts and i think that's where the trouble comes in. I think that the suit is weak at best, at least against Mayweather Jr, he never explicitly stated he had knowledge of Manny's drug use. Manny could also make a public statement and adhere to any drug testing procedures that said endorsements wanted, that would suffice imo. Libel is in print, idk if the Mayweathers can actually read or write, so i think u meant slander
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 16 2011, 05:04 PM) *
The difference is that nothing in this clip states that he was using any kind of drug(they call it vitamins), it may elude to that but it never explicitly stated it. The Mayweathers stated with conviction that they knew that he was on steroids/PEDs, they are respected(in some respect i use that loosely) boxing experts and i think that's where the trouble comes in. I think that the suit is weak at best, at least against Mayweather Jr, he never explicitly stated he had knowledge of Manny's drug use. Manny could also make a public statement and adhere to any drug testing procedures that said endorsements wanted, that would suffice imo. Libel is in print, idk if the Mayweathers can actually read or write, so i think u meant slander

So power pellets and A-side meth don't count I guess? If it was that weak it would have been thrown out of court I would think!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 16 2011, 05:46 PM) *
So power pellets and A-side meth don't count I guess? If it was that weak it would have been thrown out of court I would think!

Yep from what I've read it's going to court and it is serious. Manny has more than a decent chance of winning this case.
caneman
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 16 2011, 07:54 PM) *
Yep from what I've read it's going to court and it is serious. Manny has more than a decent chance of winning this case.

@ this rate he'll win it by default but no good lawyer will tell Jr not to show up but Roger and Sr are the main ones who are still saying that shit! I never actually seen who is even named exactly though.
thehype
I'm wondering when Floyd is going to sue Bob Arum.

dntknw.gif

Seems to me like he may have lost out on millions in endorsements due to the fact that Arum declared him to be a coward, which is a definite blow to a fighter. I mean, the damage was so bad that ESPN analysts have labeled him a coward....even Daniel Tosh took a shot at him on his show.

laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 16 2011, 09:19 PM) *

dntknw.gif

Seems to me like he may have lost out on millions in endorsements due to the fact that Arum declared him to be a coward, which is a definite blow to a fighter. I mean, the damage was so bad that ESPN analysts have labeled him a coward....even Daniel Tosh took a shot at him on his show.

laugh.gif

LOL... Pretty much.

This whole lawsuit is bullshit and the judge should just laugh Manny out of the fucking courtroom. I guess B-hop should be suing Pascal?

Why didn't Pacquiao sue Malignaggi? I mean really, this is such a fucking joke.

I tel you what... Form now on, any fighter that claims that another fighter is ducking him should be sued for "defamation of character!" LOL.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 16 2011, 09:19 PM) *

dntknw.gif

laugh.gif

I know you're joking (kinda) but the term coward is subjective. What you label a coward and what I label a coward may be 2 very different things. However with PED's due to the guidelines you either take them or you don't. No wiggle room, there is a list of banned substances and depending on the test result you are either positive or negative.

BUT even then like the Tour de Farce you can get high priced smooth talking lawyers who will talk about contaminated meat or some other such bollocks. Remember when Martina Hingis tested positive for coke? Claims about spiked drinks or some such shit. Personally my opinion of her went UP laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 16 2011, 04:49 PM) *
I immediately started dyin when i heard the Pacquiao impression... all of the sketches were good!

Drake was the best! Hands down, Tiger was second.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 16 2011, 08:19 PM) *

dntknw.gif

laugh.gif

MJ should sue everyone on here blamming him for the fight not happening and calling him names and a wifebeater etc. Its only fair, I mean being called a wife beater is a serious charge. Matter of fact everyone should sue everyone, why not? MJ should sue Michael Willbone (PTI) for calling him a punk, coward, and afraid of Pacaquio.
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 16 2011, 06:46 PM) *

I don't recall Floyd Jr saying A-side meth, its a civil case doesn't really matter how strong it is it will be pursued if you have the economical means to pursue it. Power pellets can be interpreted as many things. Playing devils advocated a little but have some legal knowledge, my uncle is a US States Attorney and 2 of my friends own large private practices in Chicago. I have also had my fair share of legal set backs so I'm semi-familiar with the system and have consulted a couple experts on their opinions. Its not an extremely weak case but the fact that Manny has more endorsement deals now than before does not play to his favor. This is just my opinion and the opinions of others i have talked to, we will see how it plays out.
thehype
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 16 2011, 10:01 PM) *
I know you're joking (kinda) but the term coward is subjective. What you label a coward and what I label a coward may be 2 very different things. However with PED's due to the guidelines you either take them or you don't. No wiggle room, there is a list of banned substances and depending on the test result you are either positive or negative.

BUT even then like the Tour de Farce you can get high priced smooth talking lawyers who will talk about contaminated meat or some other such bollocks. Remember when Martina Hingis tested positive for coke? Claims about spiked drinks or some such shit. Personally my opinion of her went UP laugh.gif

"Power pellets" is subjective.

"The Philippines makes the best enhancement drugs" is subjective too.

laugh.gif

I don't recall him saying "I know Manny Pacquiao is taking PEDs".

dntknw.gif

And hey, if he can prove Bob Arum's remarks have caused him financial damages, he has a case, no?

dntknw.gif

I mean, Arum did go out of his way to set that deadline, post that countdown ticker, and make it look like he was avoiding the fight.

I'm just sayin.

laugh.gif
ks1
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 16 2011, 08:54 PM) *

No it's not serious per se and Manny has little chance of winning his case. A lot of people don't understand what Manny will need to do to prevail in this case if it ever gets to trial. This is a civil case and Manny is the plaintiff while Floyd is the defendant. As such, Manny, not Floyd, has to prove his claim. Also, this is a defamation case involving a public figure so there's even more to be done. For discussion purposes, I'm going to us the term "Floyd" to cover all Mayweather family members involved in this matter though they have varying degrees of exposure (e.g. "power pellets" statements vs. actual mention of PEDs).

For Manny to prevail he will have to do the following:

1. Prove that Floyd's statements were false (truth is a defense)
2. Prove that Floyd knew the statements were false (honest opinion is protected)
3. Prove that Floyd knew the statements were false but made them anyway (acted out of malice)

4. If he proves 1-3 which is very unlikely and wins his claim, he will then still have to show how the defamation hurt him monetarily which could be very amusing considering he's more famous, popular and has made more money than he ever has, in and out of the ring, since Floyd's statements that supposedly defamed him.

I wouldn't read too much into the courts not tossing the case so far because they are not judging the merits of Manny claim. They are simply determining whether it meets legal guidelines and is legally sufficient to continue. Considering that Manny is a deep pocket plaintiff, it's expected that his legal team would have their i's dotted and t's crossed.

Speaking of Manny's legal team, they are blowing pr smoke with this "default judgement" nonsense. They know they are not going to get a default judgement simply because they haven't been able to arrange with Floyd's lawyers for him to be deposed yet. They would only get a default judgement from the court if Floyd and/or his representatives didn't respond to past or current filings or, if the trial was underway, Floyd and/or his representatives didn't bother to show up. Neither the former nor latter is likely.

Besides, Floyd Jr. is not the only defendant and he has reasonable reasons for not being readily available to be deposed now for a civil suit (e.g. criminal cases, training camp, fight, etc.). They could try and depose the other defendants but you don't hear about that, right? Uh huh.

ks1
Btw, again, if it ever gets to trial, the "power pellet" stuff will probably be tossed as one of the comments that could be considered defamation because it is way too vague and subjective for consideration.
thehype
QUOTE (ks1 @ Aug 17 2011, 01:33 AM) *
No it's not serious per se and Manny has little chance of winning his case. A lot of people don't understand what Manny will need to do to prevail in this case if it ever gets to trial. This is a civil case and Manny is the plaintiff while Floyd is the defendant. As such, Manny, not Floyd, has to prove his claim. Also, this is a defamation case involving a public figure so there's even more to be done. For discussion purposes, I'm going to us the term "Floyd" to cover all Mayweather family members involved in this matter though they have varying degrees of exposure (e.g. "power pellets" statements vs. actual mention of PEDs).

2. Prove that Floyd knew the statements were false (honest opinion is protected)
3. Prove that Floyd knew the statements were false but made them anyway (acted out of malice)

4. If he proves 1-3 which is very unlikely and wins his claim, he will then still have to show how the defamation hurt him monetarily which could be very amusing considering he's more famous, popular and has made more money than he ever has, in and out of the ring, since Floyd's statements that supposedly defamed him.

I wouldn't read too much into the courts not tossing the case so far because they are not judging the merits of Manny claim. They are simply determining whether it meets legal guidelines and is legally sufficient to continue. Considering that Manny is a deep pocket plaintiff, it's expected that his legal team would have their i's dotted and t's crossed.

Speaking of Manny's legal team, they are blowing pr smoke with this "default judgement" nonsense. They know they are not going to get a default judgement simply because they haven't been able to arrange with Floyd's lawyers for him to be deposed yet. They would only get a default judgement from the court if Floyd and/or his representatives didn't respond to past or current filings or, if the trial was underway, Floyd and/or his representatives didn't bother to show up. Neither the former nor latter is likely.

Besides, Floyd Jr. is not the only defendant and he has reasonable reasons for not being readily available to be deposed now for a civil suit (e.g. criminal cases, training camp, fight, etc.). They could try and depose the other defendants but you don't hear about that, right? Uh huh.

clapping.gif
Hotsauce
QUOTE (ks1 @ Aug 17 2011, 12:33 AM) *

damn
Hotsauce
roger and floyd sr is involved in the case but they are always bringing up floyd jr.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 16 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Yea one thing is, there is hours of the Mayweathers says that shit and everyone says pussy pacman, blah blah blah, but I think there is some merit or the suit would be dropped...I don't know how the 3 of them can not show up to court without contempt charges!

are maybe manny legal team don't care about 2 of them?

manny legal team don't even talked about roger and floyd sr.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.