Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN: Mayweather-Pacquiao in 2013
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Eighty88Eight
ESPN joins the ranks of unprofessional hack journalism with this article: http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/106177.html

They somehow interpreted Ben Thompson's interview with Jeff Mayweather, in which he said this:"I think he [Mayweather] will be fighting another couple of years," he told Fighthype.com. "I think that's being realistic because I think the fight that's out there will take that long to materialise." , to mean "Mayweather-Pacquiao 2013". How dumb and unprofessional can these people be? This is almost like the hyperbolic, hyperventilating journalism of MMA. They should be suspended without pay.
Hotsauce
LMAO i just read the interview on fighthype Jeff never said anything about Floyd/Manny happening in 2013.

SMH @ the media
caneman
thehype
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 16 2011, 08:37 AM) *
ESPN joins the ranks of unprofessional hack journalism with this article: http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/106177.html

They somehow interpreted Ben Thompson's interview with Jeff Mayweather, in which he said this:"I think he [Mayweather] will be fighting another couple of years," he told Fighthype.com. "I think that's being realistic because I think the fight that's out there will take that long to materialise." , to mean "Mayweather-Pacquiao 2013". How dumb and unprofessional can these people be? This is almost like the hyperbolic, hyperventilating journalism of MMA. They should be suspended without pay.

For the record, it's Percy Crawford's interview with Jeff Mayweather.

It's not the first time they've done that with an interview on FightHype and I'm sure it won't be the last. That's why, personally, I prefer direct quotes straight from the horse's mouth as opposed to opinionated articles. That's just me though.
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 16 2011, 08:14 PM) *
For the record, it's Percy Crawford's interview with Jeff Mayweather.

It's not the first time they've done that with an interview on FightHype and I'm sure it won't be the last. That's why, personally, I prefer direct quotes straight from the horse's mouth as opposed to opinionated articles. That's just me though.

You mean Dan would read stuff from your site and somehow make the story his own? lol Dan is famous for that!
mrchitown
Yet another example of biased & foolishness in the sports media
Hotsauce
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 16 2011, 08:29 PM) *
You mean Dan would read stuff from your site and somehow make the story his own? lol Dan is famous for that!

i don't think dan wrote that article.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.