Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Badr Hari to box
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
and the NEW
I must admit, I'm not a big fan of K-1, but this guy always comes up as one of the best and baddest of the lot of them.

Adding the horrible HW division landscape and the fact this guy is still only 26, does anybody think he stands a chance of mixing it up against the top boxers? I haven't seen enough of him other than a few highlights to judge how he will do in the sweet science.
thehype
I think just about anyone in the heavyweight division has a chance to do something...that's how boring and irrelevant it really is.

Unlike Kimbo Slice, however, I think Hari is legit. I mean, is he a master at the Sweet Science? Obviously not, but he does come from a kickboxing background, which at least has more of an emphasis of using your hands. He's big, in shape, has a nasty attitude and punches hard as hell. Personally, I'd LOVE to see him get in with either one of the Klitschkos. His size and attitude alone will bring more to the table than any of these other guys have been bringing.

Just my two cents.
Sunni6Killer
As of today, I don't think he has a chance against top HW's.
We'll have to wait a couple of years to see if he is a legit threat.
pcraw
Badr is a nasty dude with wicked power and great work ethic. He will be a work in progress, but to say he can't compete in boxing's weakest division I would say yes. I look forward to his transition for sure.
HaydelHammer
next to boxing I love K-1. He'll do fine in boxing(esp in the heavies which require less skill then the lighter classes to win). No, he prob doesn't have the boxing skill set to beat a seasoned wladamir Klit type, BUT I can assure you he will go after him very fierce in an effort to KO him (unlike most heavies). He will go all out, I will give him that.

JONdaCON817
Badr Hari is a freaking BEAST!!!.... anytime ive seen him ive seen him land some CRAZY kiccs. idkk how well his stand up game will be without Kiccing but he can deff be decent. idkk if he can beat the Top Heavies but he can deff stir things up and make some noise.

ide also like to see someone like Overeem try his hand in Boxing. guys like him, maybe even Cain V. can have some success in boxing.
and the NEW
Junior Dos Santos has the best hands of any heavyweight outside boxing. But unfortunately his crossover ain't happening.
lloyd mayflower
Dont know if it was coincidence or not but hats off to Percy for his interview with Badr. Once again fighthype bringing us the shit that people are talking about straight from the horses mouth.

I dont know much about K1 or Badr Hari, just a highlight video I watched, should we be taking this guy seriously?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 21 2011, 03:44 AM) *
Dont know if it was coincidence or not but hats off to Percy for his interview with Badr. Once again fighthype bringing us the shit that people are talking about straight from the horses mouth.

I dont know much about K1 or Badr Hari, just a highlight video I watched, should we be taking this guy seriously?

Not until he does more than flap his ample lips, IMO.
AussieLad
He's a big mother fucker with violent intentions, so any combat sport he gets into will be entertaining. But from what iv'e seen, he may have some trouble restraining the RAGE. I can see him getting clipped at some point in a boxing match, then seeing red before slamming a knee or an elbow into his opponent and getting disqualified.
Maxy
Never heard of the fella so won't judge him until he's proven something in the sport I follow.
AussieLad

Highlight video. Specifically at 2.30 and 4.00, some fouls kicking guys on the ground which is illegal in K-1. The 2nd one was the finals vs Remy Bonjasky, which he lost due to disqualification. The reason he gave for this in interviews afterwoods, he stated that he gets very emotional (ie angry), and when asked if he would do it again said that 'he didn't know" (ie no promises)

And at .24 he's lays into a dude during an interview

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.