Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which one is it?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
HazConvictedFelonMane
I'm just a tad bit confused. A while back, I saw reports of Amir Khan stating that Floyd Mayweather had already agreed to fight him. I read numerous articles after Khan defeated Judah. In one report I read, Khan stated that he and Freddie Roach have already come to terms for a showdown next year. I've read that Mayweather wants Khan, and these are quotes directly coming from Amir himself. So, here we are. Last night I read an article on ESPN.UK where Amir is now saying that Floyd hand picks his fights and he would avoid fighting Amir Khan, just like he's avoided Manny Pacquiao. I'd really just like to know which one is it? Is it that Mayweather is afraid to fight Amir, or is he going to fight Amir in the fall of next year?
Since I'm asking questions, one question begs to be asked. How much influence does Ariza have on Khan's performances? I saw that fight with McCloskey and Amir didn't look so fast. He didn't look so sharp. He looked Marginal at best. Ariza gets kissed and made up with and now the super fast, super sharp, KO artist returns. Claim that you have passed a drug test when Ariza is the S & C Coach, not when he's on hiatus. Claiming he passed a drug test when he fought a marginal fight makes perfect sense. He will be clean if he looks as 'regular' as he did in his fight with McCloskey. Let them show up unannounced now that Ariza's back and prove clean and I MAY begin to believe him. As of now, I don't. Saying Floyd's afraid of a guy who refuses to take a drug test, is rubbish. If Amir wants to make it seem as if Floyd's afraid, all he has to do is the same thing Manny's doing. REFUSING DRUG TESTS. Victor Ortiz is as dangerous as they come, yet A Mere Con wants to claim that Floyd doesn't fight dangerous fighters. As far as I can recall, that's all he's been fighting. Amir, stay in your lane. When Ortiz was headlining with Berto, you were an undercard fighter offering up a marginal performance that ended the way you claim Bradley's fights end, with headbutts. Fight Berto, fight Bradley, and then holla at the Mayweather gang so you can get a massive ass whooping put on yourself. That's the reason I hate the Wildcard fighters. They talk so big but THEY are the ones that refuse to fight dangerous opponents. With the exception of Marcos Maidana, Amir hasn't proved anything to me. Step your game up before you run your mouth youngster. You will get that ass whooped if you ste up to the plate. Seacrest, Out!
Seek
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Aug 17 2011, 10:08 AM) *
I'm just a tad bit confused. A while back, I saw reports of Amir Khan stating that Floyd Mayweather had already agreed to fight him. I read numerous articles after Khan defeated Judah. In one report I read, Khan stated that he and Freddie Roach have already come to terms for a showdown next year. I've read that Mayweather wants Khan, and these are quotes directly coming from Amir himself. So, here we are. Last night I read an article on ESPN.UK where Amir is now saying that Floyd hand picks his fights and he would avoid fighting Amir Khan, just like he's avoided Manny Pacquiao. I'd really just like to know which one is it? Is it that Mayweather is afraid to fight Amir, or is he going to fight Amir in the fall of next year?
Since I'm asking questions, one question begs to be asked. How much influence does Ariza have on Khan's performances? I saw that fight with McCloskey and Amir didn't look so fast. He didn't look so sharp. He looked Marginal at best. Ariza gets kissed and made up with and now the super fast, super sharp, KO artist returns. Claim that you have passed a drug test when Ariza is the S & C Coach, not when he's on hiatus. Claiming he passed a drug test when he fought a marginal fight makes perfect sense. He will be clean if he looks as 'regular' as he did in his fight with McCloskey. Let them show up unannounced now that Ariza's back and prove clean and I MAY begin to believe him. As of now, I don't. Saying Floyd's afraid of a guy who refuses to take a drug test, is rubbish. If Amir wants to make it seem as if Floyd's afraid, all he has to do is the same thing Manny's doing. REFUSING DRUG TESTS. Victor Ortiz is as dangerous as they come, yet A Mere Con wants to claim that Floyd doesn't fight dangerous fighters. As far as I can recall, that's all he's been fighting. Amir, stay in your lane. When Ortiz was headlining with Berto, you were an undercard fighter offering up a marginal performance that ended the way you claim Bradley's fights end, with headbutts. Fight Berto, fight Bradley, and then holla at the Mayweather gang so you can get a massive ass whooping put on yourself. That's the reason I hate the Wildcard fighters. They talk so big but THEY are the ones that refuse to fight dangerous opponents. With the exception of Marcos Maidana, Amir hasn't proved anything to me. Step your game up before you run your mouth youngster. You will get that ass whooped if you ste up to the plate. Seacrest, Out!

Khan likes to talk a lot. No problem. IMO, he is the best at 140. Ortiz has the style to beat Khan but without even a decent jab, I say Khan beats Ortiz. Khan vs Berto, that would be interesting. Also IMO, Khan has a better chance of beating Mayweather than Ortiz or Pacquiao. Not saying that he can beat Mayweather but with his athleticism, speed and jab, he puts up a good fight. I'm all for seeing that fight next year in the fall. Plus Mayweather fighting at Wembley makes it a great event.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Seek @ Aug 17 2011, 11:20 AM) *
Khan likes to talk a lot. No problem. IMO, he is the best at 140. Ortiz has the style to beat Khan but without even a decent jab, I say Khan beats Ortiz. Khan vs Berto, that would be interesting. Also IMO, Khan has a better chance of beating Mayweather than Ortiz or Pacquiao. Not saying that he can beat Mayweather but with his athleticism, speed and jab, he puts up a good fight. I'm all for seeing that fight next year in the fall. Plus Mayweather fighting at Wembley makes it a great event.

I agree.
thehype
Khan is just mad because Floyd sonned him, saying, "Who's that kid that just fought Zab? Khan? Yeah...him...my fighter, Jessie Vargas, wants to know why Khan is ducking and dodging him."

After Floyd said that, Khan got his panties in a bunch.

laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
Didnt Khan say he would take Floyds tests before?

Never mind, its easier to just assume that everyone is on drugs
Method
I agree to all of Mayweather's testing demands. Why wont he take a fight w me? I even agree to have blood drawn DURING the fight.
Spyder
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 17 2011, 12:19 PM) *
I agree to all of Mayweather's testing demands. Why wont he take a fight w me? I even agree to have blood drawn DURING the fight.

Stop trying to steal my fight Meth...I'll agree to 24hr surveillance leading up to the fight, and fight with an IV in my arm.

You can't duck me forever Floyd, take the damn fight!
Seek
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 17 2011, 11:08 AM) *
Khan is just mad because Floyd sonned him, saying, "Who's that kid that just fought Zab? Khan? Yeah...him...my fighter, Jessie Vargas, wants to know why Khan is ducking and dodging him."

laugh.gif

Agreed lol
Cshel86
Khan needs to do himself a solid, and stop begging...such a bore no2.gif He is putting the carriage in front of the horse, and making himself look worse than Bradley, in regards to crying about a big fight. He still has his plate full (according to his promoters) with the winner of Morales vs Matthysse, Maidana vs Guerrero, and he may have some unfinished business with Tweety Bird (Bradley) if the WBO doesn't strip him...since he wants to unify all of the titles. If he moves to WW, then there is still gonna be Alexander, Tweety Bird (possibly), Berto, Ortiz, THEN Mayweather, if he gets past some or all of these guys.

Damn, does he want Mayweather to say yes to a Fall '12 bout, just so Khan can go through hoops and still have to end up waiting if dude happens to delay the fight or take another vacation? If Khan goes about it in this manner, then he will be nothing more than the idiot that's ducking him right now (Bradley), because we all know that Bradley was dumb enough to take Arum's word that he will give him a fight with Pacquiao...so Bradley proceeded to do x,y,z. Doesn't this remind you of a child who gets excited about stuff, not knowing what lies ahead before they actually receive it...if they ever receive it?

Khan needs to just keep moving forward, because honestly, he has only done what he has to do in his recent fights...has still came up short in the impression department. Pacquiao hasn't even got his chance to fight Mayweather, so what makes these young bucks think that they are ready, or they even deserve a shot? Im sure Pac and May dont want to take steps backwards (financially) before they fight, so why fight these dudes who aren't going to bring them money, better yet, put asses in seats. Most of these guys that want to fight these two, are the 140 pounders that failed to do big things in a promising division that was up for the taking. Why would he even hold on to Mayweather's word if he were to agree to the fight now?

Hell, when Mayweather returned to fight Marquez, he promised the world that he was back and woudl stay active, and what did he do? He fought twice and left for over a year, smh. It's obvious that money always determines this dude's next move, so we never know what to expect from him. Attraction/Personality is the key, and most of these young fighters dont have it...see how Mayweather had to promote himself, help Ortiz promote himself no2.gif , and promote the fight during the Face-Off? Shame! All these dudes want to do is fight or get their asses kicked for a big payday, but they can hardly promote themselves verbally or in the ring. Hell, Pacquiao hardly says shit when his fights are being promoted, but he at least dude makes up for it in the ring dntknw.gif
daprofessor
the only person i want to see khan fight is bradley.
caneman
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 17 2011, 01:03 PM) *

Or Guerrero
EAlbian
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 17 2011, 01:03 PM) *

There are plenty of interesting fights i'd like to see Khan in. Khan vs Ortiz is a good fight; Khan vs Berto, Khan vs Guerrero, vs Maidana II, vs Mathyesse, vs Morales, vs Pac, Mayweather, vs Prescott II, vs Brook. There are plenty of good fights out there for him, fuck Timmy Bradley right now with an AIDs filled condom.. Never been a fan of him but he lost all my respect, he makes for tough fights but its like he thinks he's owed something when his style is terrible to watch and he can't sell out a phone booth. I could really care less if the guy ever fights again, he does nothing for me
mgrover
i think khan should beat some legitmate fighters in the WW division before going after mayweather.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 17 2011, 03:53 PM) *
i think khan should beat some legitmate fighters in the WW division before going after mayweather.

Thank you!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 17 2011, 03:53 PM) *

Why? Floyd didn't fight any legitimate 154 pounders before going for Oscar. Hops didn't fight any legitimate 175 pounders before going for Tarver. And so on and so forth.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 17 2011, 04:28 PM) *
Stop trying to steal my fight Meth...I'll agree to 24hr surveillance leading up to the fight, and fight with an IV in my arm.

You can't duck me forever Floyd, take the damn fight!

You can all get stuffed. Mayweather is mine, as i have agreed to a mid fight colonoscopy which will be televised, and whether they go further in, or left or right to be decided by audience votes in real time
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 17 2011, 01:19 PM) *
Khan needs to do himself a solid, and stop begging...such a bore no2.gif He is putting the carriage in front of the horse, and making himself look worse than Bradley, in regards to crying about a big fight. He still has his plate full (according to his promoters) with the winner of Morales vs Matthysse, Maidana vs Guerrero, and he may have some unfinished business with Tweety Bird (Bradley) if the WBO doesn't strip him...since he wants to unify all of the titles. If he moves to WW, then there is still gonna be Alexander, Tweety Bird (possibly), Berto, Ortiz, THEN Mayweather, if he gets past some or all of these guys.

Damn, does he want Mayweather to say yes to a Fall '12 bout, just so Khan can go through hoops and still have to end up waiting if dude happens to delay the fight or take another vacation? If Khan goes about it in this manner, then he will be nothing more than the idiot that's ducking him right now (Bradley), because we all know that Bradley was dumb enough to take Arum's word that he will give him a fight with Pacquiao...so Bradley proceeded to do x,y,z. Doesn't this remind you of a child who gets excited about stuff, not knowing what lies ahead before they actually receive it...if they ever receive it?

Khan needs to just keep moving forward, because honestly, he has only done what he has to do in his recent fights...has still came up short in the impression department. Pacquiao hasn't even got his chance to fight Mayweather, so what makes these young bucks think that they are ready, or they even deserve a shot? Im sure Pac and May dont want to take steps backwards (financially) before they fight, so why fight these dudes who aren't going to bring them money, better yet, put asses in seats. Most of these guys that want to fight these two, are the 140 pounders that failed to do big things in a promising division that was up for the taking. Why would he even hold on to Mayweather's word if he were to agree to the fight now?

Hell, when Mayweather returned to fight Marquez, he promised the world that he was back and woudl stay active, and what did he do? He fought twice and left for over a year, smh. It's obvious that money always determines this dude's next move, so we never know what to expect from him. Attraction/Personality is the key, and most of these young fighters dont have it...see how Mayweather had to promote himself, help Ortiz promote himself no2.gif , and promote the fight during the Face-Off? Shame! All these dudes want to do is fight or get their asses kicked for a big payday, but they can hardly promote themselves verbally or in the ring. Hell, Pacquiao hardly says shit when his fights are being promoted, but he at least dude makes up for it in the ring dntknw.gif

Your points are kinda valid but I can't knock Khan or anyone for trying to get a piece of Floyd or Manny action. These 2 dudes are the biggest names in the sport so why wouldn't you try and talk your way into a fight with either one of them?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Aug 17 2011, 11:08 AM) *

So now you're advocating basically year round random blood tests for Amir Kahn alone? I think your bias may be showing. I don't hear Floyd asking for year round random testing. I like how you've named the thread about whether Khan and Mayweather have agreed to fight and then just laid straight into the testing debate.

Smooth bro, you really must be a convicted felon! No law abiding citizen could come up with something so cunning.
Seek
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 17 2011, 04:44 PM) *
Why? Floyd didn't fight any legitimate 154 pounders before going for Oscar. Hops didn't fight any legitimate 175 pounders before going for Tarver. And so on and so forth.

Floyd vs Castillo as well. And Pacquiao vs DLH.
AussieLad
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 17 2011, 09:49 PM) *
So now you're advocating basically year round random blood tests for Amir Kahn alone? I think your bias may be showing. I don't hear Floyd asking for year round random testing. I like how you've named the thread about whether Khan and Mayweather have agreed to fight and then just laid straight into the testing debate.

Smooth bro, you really must be a convicted felon! No law abiding citizen could come up with something so cunning.

It really is getting fucking stupid. Thank you floyd mayeather jr for fucking boxing up just that little bit more
daprofessor
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 17 2011, 03:06 PM) *
There are plenty of interesting fights i'd like to see Khan in. Khan vs Ortiz is a good fight; Khan vs Berto, Khan vs Guerrero, vs Maidana II, vs Mathyesse, vs Morales, vs Pac, Mayweather, vs Prescott II, vs Brook. There are plenty of good fights out there for him, fuck Timmy Bradley right now with an AIDs filled condom.. Never been a fan of him but he lost all my respect, he makes for tough fights but its like he thinks he's owed something when his style is terrible to watch and he can't sell out a phone booth. I could really care less if the guy ever fights again, he does nothing for me

wow. that's a lot of hate for the guy. did u lose out on money because of him or something? here's the thing...i don't care how much he draws/doesn't draw...he holds two titles...and khan held one at the time of their negotiation. bradley was in the drivers seat and khan was trying to dictate. plus...he was trying to get out of his contract with shaw so that he can make the money he's worth. i can't be mad at him for that. tomorrow is promised to no one and he deserves all he can get during his career. bradley is the man in the division until someone proves otherwise. both he and khan hold all titles. fighting anyone else would be useless at this point. there can only be one. whether u care for his style or not...he is the most skilled fighter in the division and will beat khan if/when they fight. i can't be mad at him because alexander quit. alexander knew what was coming...saw the opening, and took it.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 17 2011, 06:30 PM) *
wow. that's a lot of hate for the guy. did u lose out on money because of him or something? here's the thing...i don't care how much he draws/doesn't draw...he holds two titles...and khan held one at the time of their negotiation. bradley was in the drivers seat and khan was trying to dictate. plus...he was trying to get out of his contract with shaw so that he can make the money he's worth. i can't be mad at him for that. tomorrow is promised to no one and he deserves all he can get during his career. bradley is the man in the division until someone proves otherwise. both he and khan hold all titles. fighting anyone else would be useless at this point. there can only be one. whether u care for his style or not...he is the most skilled fighter in the division and will beat khan if/when they fight. i can't be mad at him because alexander quit. alexander knew what was coming...saw the opening, and took it.

C'mon man you forgot your man Money's main maxim, "if it makes money it makes sense." Why else would you fight JMM all the way at 144 pounds? Or Zab judah coming straight off of a loss. Can't knock Amir for following the 'Money' bluprint.
Fitz
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Aug 18 2011, 02:16 AM) *
dntknw.gif

Khan comes out to the public and says he is willing to take the test that Mayweather has come up with to only turn around and say Khan really doesn't want to fight him and is instead ducking Jessie who?

That's lame man!

Don't worry dude, Floyd Mayweather is involved. The dude is always right, lol.
Fitz
"I would love to come to Wembley and fight. I don't know if Amir has enough to test me but you don't know what can happen."

Can't keep track of what Floyd says, haha.
EAlbian
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 17 2011, 05:30 PM) *

He draws nothing because he's not pleasant not watch, he has like 11ko's. Hasn't stopped a top 20 opponent. Never lost money on him, he was under contract and was afraid to lose to Khan and new if he did he'd never get another payday. He'd rather keep that 0 and sit on the bench and wait till Manny is out of opponents, Mayweather wouldn't fight him because there is nothing to sell. He loses to Khan and he knows it, he was afraid to fight Alexander but was backed into a corner and Alexander wasn't ready for that fight(or maybe he's just not the goods, haven't made up my mind on that yet) he doesn't want to take another gamble like that. I don't think he's skillful at all, he's got a great motor, a hard head that he leads with, and great heart. His hands aren't lightening fast, he lacks power, his feet aren't that fast, and he doesn't throw in combination. He dominated Peterson, by far his best win. There are just so many other good fights to be made that i could really care less if Timmy fights again to be honest
Fitz
I can't believe that guy thinks Bradley was in the drivers seat over Khan when it came to negotiations. That is just so ridiculous, I don't know where to start.

For the record, I don't know why Bradley was such a bitch and so scared to lose to Khan and afraid to be out of the running for the Mayweather/Pacquiao sweepstakes. It's not like that a loss has ever stopped Mayweather or Pacquiao taking on an opponent before. He actually may have been better off losing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 17 2011, 05:46 PM) *
Your points are kinda valid but I can't knock Khan or anyone for trying to get a piece of Floyd or Manny action. These 2 dudes are the biggest names in the sport so why wouldn't you try and talk your way into a fight with either one of them?

Thats true, I cant knock anybody for going after the money...but at least be somewhat worthy of doing so. I have no problem with any of these guys calling out the big names, but we all know that those big fights take forever to build, and nobody wants to pay $50-$65 for a big star to fight a relatively unknown fighter...or a fighter thats not as seasoned. Its nothing wrong with them calling out big names, to at least plant the idea in the heads of the fans, but to me, it's like being on the job and requesting a raise or a promotion. When you request such a thing, your whole employment performance history will be reviewed and it may take a while. Just because you pose this request to your boss, and he says, "It doesn't sound bad, I will look into it", it doesn't necessarily guarantee anything.

Ortiz was just that lucky bastard on the job that got that promotion, that somebody else was worthy of. He screwed up bad in the past by losing to Maidana on a nite that was supposed to shoot him to stardom...then to add insult to injury, he quit. He walked a fine line for fans to trust him again, then he did the right thing at the right time by beating Berto...an undefeated fighter could've been a step closer to fighting Floyd (whether Floyd wants to admit that or not). Khan is on the right path to Mayweather...he's just one of those guys on the job that does what he needs to do to get the job done, he doesn't complain, and he plays his part. He may be closer to fighting Mayweather, than any of these other losers, but maybe Im trying to say that he just needs to cool his jets and accept the fact that his challenge was heard by Mayweather and the world, so he needs to continue playing his part until his time comes.

Besides, what will he do if Mayweather decides to just take another vacation after next month and doesn't return until '13? We all know that this shit is possible. Lol!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 17 2011, 07:23 PM) *
Thats true, I cant knock anybody for going after the money...but at least be somewhat worthy of doing so. I have no problem with any of these guys calling out the big names, but we all know that those big fights take forever to build, and nobody wants to pay $50-$65 for a big star to fight a relatively unknown fighter...or a fighter thats not as seasoned. Its nothing wrong with them calling out big names, to at least plant the idea in the heads of the fans, but to me, it's like being on the job and requesting a raise or a promotion. When you request such a thing, your whole employment performance history will be reviewed and it may take a while. Just because you pose this request to your boss, and he says, "It doesn't sound bad, I will look into it", it doesn't necessarily guarantee anything.

Ortiz was just that lucky bastard on the job that got that promotion, that somebody else was worthy of. He screwed up bad in the past by losing to Maidana on a nite that was supposed to shoot him to stardom...then to add insult to injury, he quit. He walked a fine line for fans to trust him again, then he did the right thing at the right time by beating Berto...an undefeated fighter could've been a step closer to fighting Floyd (whether Floyd wants to admit that or not). Khan is on the right path to Mayweather...he's just one of those guys on the job that does what he needs to do to get the job done, he doesn't complain, and he plays his part. He may be closer to fighting Mayweather, than any of these other losers, but maybe Im trying to say that he just needs to cool his jets and accept the fact that his challenge was heard by Mayweather and the world, so he needs to continue playing his part until his time comes.

Besides, what will he do if Mayweather decides to just take another vacation after next month and doesn't return until '13? We all know that this shit is possible. Lol!

The problem for both Mayweather and Manny is if they don't fight each other soon then they will have to start taking guys like Khan and Bradley whom are untested at 147. They have pretty much gone through everyone there is to go through!
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 17 2011, 07:43 PM) *
The problem for both Mayweather and Manny is if they don't fight each other soon then they will have to start taking guys like Khan and Bradley whom are untested at 147. They have pretty much gone through everyone there is to go through!

Again, you have a point here. I stated in another thread that May and Pac should fight once, then fight the top 4 guys under them (two fights a piece) to give them some PPV exposure, then fight a rematch with eachother...which may ultimately lead to a rubber match depending upon the results. That way, us boxing viewers will have somebody to watch after May and Pac leave, because let's face it, they both only have a few fights left in them before they hang 'em up. If they left now, we would be stuck wiatching some of these cluster-fuck of fighters right now. Back to the subject though, Khan is on the right path...just needs to play his part and learn how to bring the fight out of his opponents.
mgrover
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 17 2011, 10:44 PM) *

because look at what happened to marquez, and hatton and i cant think of anymore example of how people went up in weight, and did bad. but am sure theres plenty. i dont like how boxers move up weight and want to fight the best straight away
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 17 2011, 07:51 PM) *
because look at what happened to marquez, and hatton and i cant think of anymore example of how people went up in weight, and did bad. but am sure theres plenty. i dont like how boxers move up weight and want to fight the best straight away

For every fighter that it doesn''tr work i can give you an example of one that does. Mosley moved up to face Fishnets and did OK. Floyd moved up against everyone and did OK. Henry Armstrong moved up against everyone and did more than OK.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Which one of you Admin guys added a desription to my post? The question is not if the fight is a go or not. It's about which truth Khan wants the public to believe? That Floyd's already down to fight, or that he's afraid of Khan, Pacquiao, and any other dangerous fighter out there? That's all I'm saying.
Allmenjoi8
Didn't Amir Khan just admit that he was not ready to fight against Mayweather? Didn't he say he needed some more fights under his belt before he would be ready for May? Even if May was afraid to fight him (highly doubt it) Khan would not be ready to fight someone who is afraid to fight him. So all the talk is just that... talk. Its amazing the things that come out of people's mouth these days

And Aussieland I like you highlighted a quote of mine. I am not a May nut hugger, I just think he is attractive and neat. I am sure you find ladies attractive and you would probably comment on them no different here but I guess I can be considered a nut hugger of the following people because I also find them attractive

1. Plexico Burress
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Jose Reyes (I think he plays for the mets)
4. Chris Paul
5. Cam Newton
6. Tupac Shakur (when he was alive)
7. Chad Johnson
8. Levy Kelly

There you go
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 17 2011, 09:39 PM) *
Didn't Amir Khan just admit that he was not ready to fight against Mayweather? Didn't he say he needed some more fights under his belt before he would be ready for May? Even if May was afraid to fight him (highly doubt it) Khan would not be ready to fight someone who is afraid to fight him. So all the talk is just that... talk. Its amazing the things that come out of people's mouth these days

And Aussieland I like you highlighted a quote of mine. I am not a May nut hugger, I just think he is attractive and neat. I am sure you find ladies attractive and you would probably comment on them no different here but I guess I can be considered a nut hugger of the following people because I also find them attractive

1. Plexico Burress
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Jose Reyes (I think he plays for the mets)
4. Chris Paul
5. Cam Newton
6. Tupac Shakur (when he was alive)
7. Chad Johnson
8. Levy Kelly

There you go

Nope I'm pretty sure Amir has said he wants to fight Floyd, would love it to be at Wembley and IS prepared to take the tests. Sounds like to me he's ready to go. The good thing for Floyd is Amir does bring some finanicial clout to the table and as you know with Floyd, "if it makes money it makes sense." I expect Floyd to dispose of Ortiz relatively easily and be all over this fight with Khan.

Hey nice list and I suspect all of them have 'near perfect physiques.' laugh.gif

Sorry to take the piss but there has been a very famous quote from a certain.... ahem.... poster kicking around these boards for a few years about the spectacular nature of Manny's calves. I can see your 'near perfect physique' line having a similiar cult appeal.
mgrover
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 18 2011, 02:36 AM) *
For every fighter that it doesn''tr work i can give you an example of one that does. Mosley moved up to face Fishnets and did OK. Floyd moved up against everyone and did OK. Henry Armstrong moved up against everyone and did more than OK.

am sure you can. but I just don't think khan can do it. I haven't seen him at that weight so I don't know how he's going to cope.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 18 2011, 06:23 AM) *
am sure you can. but I just don't think khan can do it. I haven't seen him at that weight so I don't know how he's going to cope.

Amir's BIG at 140. I think 147 won't prove difficult at all.
thehype
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Aug 17 2011, 12:16 PM) *
dntknw.gif

Khan comes out to the public and says he is willing to take all the test that Mayweather has come up with, for Mayweather to only turn around and say Khan really doesn't want to fight him and is instead ducking Jessie who?

That's lame man!

laugh.gif

It's not lame. It's funny as shit...basically says how irrelevant Amir Khan is to him...which obviously has gotten under Khan's skin and now has him yappin out his ass and basically already hyping up a fight that may or may not happen.

I love it.

FM: "Khan who? I ain't even heard of the kid. Tell him to holla at me when he's relevant."

AK: "What? He doesn't know who I am? How dare he? I'll teach him a lesson!"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I swear, some of y'all get so worked up over something so simple. Dude hasn't even had a fight at 147, and yet, you're already salivating at the prospect of the fight. Mission accomplished.

laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 17 2011, 09:55 PM) *
Nope I'm pretty sure Amir has said he wants to fight Floyd, would love it to be at Wembley and IS prepared to take the tests. Sounds like to me he's ready to go. The good thing for Floyd is Amir does bring some finanicial clout to the table and as you know with Floyd, "if it makes money it makes sense." I expect Floyd to dispose of Ortiz relatively easily and be all over this fight with Khan.

Hey nice list and I suspect all of them have 'near perfect physiques.' laugh.gif

Sorry to take the piss but there has been a very famous quote from a certain.... ahem.... poster kicking around these boards for a few years about the spectacular nature of Manny's calves. I can see your 'near perfect physique' line having a similiar cult appeal.

On Boxingscene.com Amir said that he was not ready to fight Floyd he needed two or three more tune up fights, and Freddy Roach said the same thing. I am not a Khan hater, he brings appeal to the sport. Another Prince Hasim but with talent. I would like to see the Bradley fight as much as anyone but Bradley is waiting for Pac which sucks.

They are professional Athletes I would hope they would have perfect bodies and I never said I had a perfect shape I said I had a damn good weight but actually I do have a pretty awesome shape.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 17 2011, 07:18 PM) *
I can't believe that guy thinks Bradley was in the drivers seat over Khan when it came to negotiations. That is just so ridiculous, I don't know where to start.

For the record, I don't know why Bradley was such a bitch and so scared to lose to Khan and afraid to be out of the running for the Mayweather/Pacquiao sweepstakes. It's not like that a loss has ever stopped Mayweather or Pacquiao taking on an opponent before. He actually may have been better off losing.

He was under contract with Gary Shaw, Shaw wanted to make the fight. Bradley wanted to sit the remainder of his contract out. what did i miss? please enlighten me because you obviously know something i don't(not trying to be disrespectful).

Bradley doesnt draw and isn't known by the public. what happened the last time Pac fought a guy like that? Clottey and him sold 700k PPVs, Manny is 1mill PPV fighter now. All Bradley has is that 0 imo, without it he becomes obsolete. this is my reasoning of why he decided to sit his contract out(maybe im wrong)
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 18 2011, 05:09 PM) *
On Boxingscene.com Amir said that he was not ready to fight Floyd he needed two or three more tune up fights, and Freddy Roach said the same thing. I am not a Khan hater, he brings appeal to the sport. Another Prince Hasim but with talent. I would like to see the Bradley fight as much as anyone but Bradley is waiting for Pac which sucks.

They are professional Athletes I would hope they would have perfect bodies and I never said I had a perfect shape I said I had a damn good weight but actually I do have a pretty awesome shape.

No no stick with 'near perfect physique' it's catchier, sounds funnier and has more commercial appeal, like you hear in infomercials.

"A near perfect physique in less than 5 minutes a day or your money back!"

Also leaves a little room to bring out a new product 12 months later, "the perfect physique."
Fitz
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 19 2011, 02:39 AM) *
laugh.gif

It's not lame. It's funny as shit...basically says how irrelevant Amir Khan is to him...

Yah.

"I would love to come to Wembley and fight. I don't know if Amir has enough to test me but you don't know what can happen."
Hops
Well, Fitz actually had to post the last one twice.
Fitz
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 19 2011, 02:44 AM) *
Nah. Terrible example...Chris Byrd looked like he was on crack. At least Toney still looks like big and solid. I don't know what the fuck happened to Byrd to make him look so frail.

Just pointing out that he clearly isn't irrelevant if Mayweather has mentioned him as an opponent, haha.

Doesn't make sense.
Maxy
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 18 2011, 05:09 PM) *

It's Nasim and he did have talent.

Khan ain't fighting Mayweather anytime soon. Everyone knows that. It's a dead topic for a long time yet.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Maxy @ Aug 19 2011, 04:28 AM) *
It's Nasim and he did have talent.

Khan ain't fighting Mayweather anytime soon. Everyone knows that. It's a dead topic for a long time yet.

We can agree to disagree about Prince Nasim Hammed (correct spelling?) having talent. I saw someone who leaped into their punches and defense was okay but talented that would be a strong word. Khan could happen just like any other fight it just depends if it makes dollars.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 20 2011, 04:38 PM) *
We can agree to disagree about Prince Nasim Hammed (correct spelling?) having talent. I saw someone who leaped into their punches and defense was okay but talented that would be a strong word. Khan could happen just like any other fight it just depends if it makes dollars.

. . . and sense.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 20 2011, 06:38 PM) *

I have no idea what age you are or if you saw Hamed in his prime and I'm not taking the piss here, but if you saw him back in the day you'd know he was the real deal. A combination of fame, some bad lifestyle habits, firing his original trainer and all the other stuff resulted in him being an underachiever but I promise you if you saw him on the rise and this is even before the Kevin Kelly fight, that kid had some pure talent.

As I say I'm not trying to take the piss or dogging you on this but Hamed could really fight. Unforutnately the guy who ended up in the ring with Barerra was a conflated windbag who believed his own hype. I would've really loved to see them fight in Hamed's prime. Not saying he wins but it would've been much more competitive than what it turned out to be.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 21 2011, 06:28 AM) *
I have no idea what age you are or if you saw Hamed in his prime and I'm not taking the piss here, but if you saw him back in the day you'd know he was the real deal. A combination of fame, some bad lifestyle habits, firing his original trainer and all the other stuff resulted in him being an underachiever but I promise you if you saw him on the rise and this is even before the Kevin Kelly fight, that kid had some pure talent.

As I say I'm not trying to take the piss or dogging you on this but Hamed could really fight. Unforutnately the guy who ended up in the ring with Barerra was a conflated windbag who believed his own hype. I would've really loved to see them fight in Hamed's prime. Not saying he wins but it would've been much more competitive than what it turned out to be.

+1.

Hamed was a phenomenal talent.

Never actually fully reached his potential due to the things mentioned above, but yeah, he was a great talent. Superb punching power, great reflexes, great speed, a switch hitter....he was good.

The documentary that followed him around during his MAB fight was bad news. He spent more time playing up for the camera and it really opened the lid on his over confidence.

Saying Khan is like Hamed is so retarded.

That's like saying Mayweather is like Hopkins because they're both black and from the US (which I'm guessing is the reason it was said Khan is like Hamed).
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Aug 21 2011, 11:58 AM) *
+1.

Hamed was a phenomenal talent.

Never actually fully reached his potential due to the things mentioned above, but yeah, he was a great talent. Superb punching power, great reflexes, great speed, a switch hitter....he was good.

The documentary that followed him around during his MAB fight was bad news. He spent more time playing up for the camera and it really opened the lid on his over confidence.

I felt that doc showed him up for the mental midget he was. All the talent you could ask for but he didnt have it upstairs
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 17 2011, 12:08 PM) *

laugh.gif

I was goin' to say this, but you beat me to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.