Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is the old guard?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Hops
Impossible for them to turn on one another. They're like the Borg. Single collective mind.
AussieLad
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 20 2011, 11:40 AM) *
This board was never really full of Pactards to be honest. Only really Torvix but he more than made up for it, haha. There are Pac fans on the forum like myself, but there are things he has done that I'm not overly happy with. I wish he hadn't asked Cotto for those 2 pounds and just smashed him at fully fledged WW and I wish he hadn't fought Mosley, that was junk.

The Floydiots though are in a whole other league. At times their stupidity honestly takes my breath away. It has been a grind in the last few months no doubt but you'd have to think that it can't last forever and this too will pass....................

As I've discussed with Lloyd both publicly and privately the best thing to do is openly boycott their pissy threads and I'm sure in classic Lord of the Flys tradition they will soon end up turning on each other.

Or they could just have an uninterrupted circle jerk...

Warlord
Bring back Reg_One. Track down Lefthook. Dig up Hawkins, Ninazdaddy, and Rubio MHS or whatever split personality he's using. Set the trap with a triangle of cheese and lure back Jermaine, Suckapunch, and the rest of those douches. And someone, please, for the LOVE OF GOD, locate Brixton Bomber!

Westside...
Seek
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 19 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Thanks! This is exactly what I feel!

The problem is there is nothing in the sport to talk about anymore other than the occasional Mayweather-Pacquiao tidbits, and several of the recent fights and issues have been so disappointing, such as Klitschko-Haye. To be honest, the officiating in Mares-Agbeko left such a bitter taste in my mouth about the sport that it just won't go away. It like a bad dream from which you can't escape, and countless fights that have not lived up to the hype, and what there has been to talk about has been negative and controversial.

No one has done anything wrong. The problem is the only big thing in the sport is Mayweather-Pacquaio "take the test." stuff. You know the good thing about the shitty ref in Mares-Agbeko? For several days, we had conversation on this board that was NOT about Mayweather-Pacquiao. It was a breath of fresh air. However, now that the rematch has been mandated before December 14th, even everything that's had to be said about the controversy has been said. Unless new evidence comes out about the fight.

Magazines that used to cover boxing have gone under or have reduced their publications to almost nothing. The Internet took over from the printed medium, but you still have to have things in boxing to talk about. Keep in mind that it may take as little as ONE big event in boxing to get the board going again. Boxing's in a lull. There have been lulls throughout boxing history. Joe Louis' "Bum of The Month" club. Ali's exile from about 1968-1970 after Foley to before Quarry. A couple of mediocre heavyweights in the mid 80's, like some of the alphabet champions between the Holmes era and the Tyson era that could bore people to death, (i.e Bonecrusher Smith, Tony Tubbs, Greg Page.) In fact, the heavyweight division has reached that pile of shit today. maybe worse. It's totally the sport and a disenfranchised interest in the sport.

Announcers are aging, fighters are aging, judges are aging, and the vested interest in young people has moved to an MMA platform. People are reducing their Premium channel services, or cutting cable and TV vendors altogether and just going with OTA (over-the air) with an antenna, because of inflation and the economy. It's not just our forum, it's every boxing forum, every TV network, every publication for boxing, the interest is no longer there, because there's NOTHING INTERESTING happening in boxing at this point in time.

It is impossible to please everybody. Ben was happy to draw new traffic to the forum with the influx of Mayweather-Pacquiao posters and posts. I had no problem with that. I was upset that many of our long-time members are no longer around anymore. And maybe it is a real challenge, Striking a balance between the classic old members who made this place legendary, but giving some insight to the new members as well. Maybe their scope of boxing was/is limited to Mayweather-Pacquaio, and they might have not been accustomed to some of our forum expectations.

In my judgment, no one did anything to cause this lull in boxing concerning anything on the forum. It's the sport and the industry itself that right now is in the shitter. All we can do is wait and hope that the next big thing in the world of boxing, wthatever that may be, gets the interest going again. I second the argument, the problem is not the forums, it's the current state of the sport itself.

Jack

Administrator

Yeah everytime there is a big fight like Ward vs Forch or Mares vs Agbeko or Ortiz vs Berto i'm all pumped talking about it at work and everybody is just like who are they? Then the ones who do watch boxing are still talking about lennox lewis or arturo gatti
SmartyBeardo
Seems as though there is a Floydiot boycott underway . . . or just the calm before the Star Power storm.

Boxing has been an utter disgrace recently. Hence the lack of interest.
JLUVBABY
I read this stuff everyday but you can only speak on Floyd and pac for so long before its just old.... chances are they are not fighting next and its been the same story for the last 2 or so years now... there is a lot of other things to discuss and we used to have those discussions in not the so distant past... also fight nights we used to gang up in chat and talk shit none of that seems to be going on anymore... And it seems when someone brings up a new topic rather it be about a flashback fight or what have you or even a new fight seems most of the newer fans to the page maybe have no knowledge (i say the new fans since most of the old timers are either banned or just dont post much anymore)... hate to say it but a lot of the newer fans of the sport only seem to know the two names... floyd and pac... those 2 guys dont deserve real fights fans convo as far as to who will win that fight in my opinion until that fight is signed and a solid date is set... thats my two cents on that... i dont care who is ducking who or injecting what at this point.... if the fights not signed its no longer worth my conversation and you wont get responses on a topic unless it centers around that fight... some of it is good reading but thats about it... i keep a moving...
SmartyBeardo
21 of 27 threads on the first page are on subjects other than prima donas 1 & 2. Seems as though things are headed in the right direction. Also, a decent number of those in man(or woman)love with FMJ have contributed to other subjects credibly.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 20 2011, 08:30 AM) *
Bring back Reg_One. Track down Lefthook. Dig up Hawkins, Ninazdaddy, and Rubio MHS or whatever split personality he's using. Set the trap with a triangle of cheese and lure back Jermaine, Suckapunch, and the rest of those douches. And someone, please, for the LOVE OF GOD, locate Brixton Bomber!

Westside...

The problem is that two on the list were extremists and idiots. They were so bad, that I would personally leave the site rather than deal with

Jermaine
Reg_One.

No to both of them: No second chances for them.

Reg_One would spam the site with shit and Jermaine got so bad, he threatened posters and their families on a personal level for four years. We had to bring it outside security yo get him out. The worst and hardest troll we had to get rid of, as he used to hid behind AOL as an ISP and use a proxy server

Having said that, I would make concession to the others:

Lefthook was never, ever banned. He left on his own accord and it was sad to see him go. I would love to have him back!

Suckapunch was OK with me. I know Lefthook hated him and he accused Suckapunch of rigging the contests we used to have. I don't know the specifics of why Suckapunch was banned, can't remember. I would prefer Lefthook coming back over Suckapuch, but both are still OK posters. The problem is that they just were not civil to each other.

Rubio MHS: Used to post at some other forums and if I remember correctly, he was cool and knew his boxing. I don't remember why he was banned but would not mind having him back either.

Hawkins, Sharkey, and TKO11 would not come back unless we brought back the Classic Section just for them Quality posters who knew their boxing history, but their arrogance kept other people out of the Classic Section and the regular members did not like that. Ben kept telling them to chill out, they refused, so eventually they got banned. They did represent a great quality discussion, but their arrogance got to be a problem over an extended period of time. Their knowledge of boxing was a big plus. So they are kind of a middle of the road situation.

Ninazdaddy: Would also be OK to have back.

Brixton Bomber: No. He was just a Danny Williams troll. I don't think he contributed anything to the site.

Marz B: I am OK with him as well

I would grant approval the following former members to return to our forums if possible and they could get along with the community:

Lefthook
Suckapunch.
Ninazdaddy
Marz B
Rubio MHS

Hawkins, TKO11, and Sharkey, are up to Ben.

No on the others. Concerning the former members that I would allow to come back, would have to be civil if they wanted to stay back here, but other than maybe rifts between Lefthook and Suckapunch, I think the others in the approval list are OK.

PM me if you have e-mail contact for the members I have granted approval to return on a trial basis. I might contact them and see what happens. It won't be easy brining back banned people, and maybe they will be pissed and say, "Fuck Off!" if asked to return. If that's the case, forget it, but maybe we could see about getting those people back here on a trial basis.

Also, if you remember Southeast Paw? He was not banned, but just disappeared off the face of the Earth from our forums. He was so cool! PM me, if you have an e-mail contact for him. We don't have an e-mail for him in the database.

ClarkB was another cool poster who got lost in the transition to our new site. He did schedule updates for us and did a very good job!

Jack

Administrator
caneman
Correct me if I am wrong but lefthook ain't even banned! He was pissed when he left, not sure he would come back to even troll...Lefty was a good poster though!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 20 2011, 03:38 PM) *
Correct me if I am wrong but lefthook ain't even banned! He was pissed when he left, not sure he would come back to even troll...Lefty was a good poster though!

Exactly,

Lefthook left completely on his own. Like I said above, he was never, ever, banned. He used to even be a mod! He was a very good poster!

Jack
Jack 1000
I talked to Ben,

Asking him to respond in more detail in this thread when he has time. We agree that first in foremost that the lull in boxing is due to nothing going on in the fight game at this point in time. I think that can easily change with the next big fight. It's part of the rise, fall, and in-between's of the sport. He thinks that because Mayweather-Ortiz is now less than a month away that it's fine to talk about. Traffic will continue to build as the fight approaches. I believe that Mayweather-Ortiz has potential for great discussion, and is the best opponent that Floyd could fight outside of Manny.

Ben thinks that banned people should stay banned. In thinking about this more, I have to agree. With the exception of trolls and spammers who post advertising, or links to malicious URLS, whom we have to ban immediately to protect the security of the site. the amount of bans we do is very, very rare. I've been around this place for at least a decade, and I can honestly count the number of bans that I have enforced on one hand. The people in question were given second, third, ninth, and twenty-fifth chances in some cases before they were banned the first time.

In light of that. we will not be potentially opening up a Pandora's box by brining them back on a trial basis, which would make more time for us to evaluate their behavior for the umpteenth time. We don't have the time to "baby sit" past urchins.

So I guess from that list, we have to limit it to just the quality posters who disappeared. Probably in hindsight the way it should be in the first place. That makes three potential "returnee" people that I know of from my list: Lefthook, Southeastpaw, and ClarkB. The thing is that they registered so long ago, that I would doubt any e-mail that they have from registration would still be valid.

Jack

Administrator
SmartyBeardo
A better question for this thread, at this point, is -

Where has this supposed army of Floydiots suddenly disappeared to?

Suggests that it was indeed an invasion of trolls (probably just a handful).
BGv2.0
I bumped into Lefthook a few years back on the boards over at Boxrec.

He PMed me out of the blue and was going by a different name....because I remember the email saying "hey BGv3.0 (I think that was my name there) it's me Lefthook".....

He then proceeded to tell me how he had been going through a lot of bad personal times right before he left this website. I apologized for the whole "Officer Hook" deal and we had a really pleasent back and forth.

Shortly after that I quit posting at Boxrec....he may still be there. Just start up a topic called "Standing in the rain screaming.....Lefthook, where are you???!!!!" lol

I always remember the dude being really cool...but then out of the blue while he was a mod just before he left, he started to go apeshit over tiny stuff and was like mad with power....which is why I started calling him Officer hook....it was really odd becuase the dude had always been really cool prior to that...but like I said, he had a lot of personal stuff going down at the time and his judgement was not too clear.

that being the case, I don't understand not ever coming back.

SmartyBeardo
MarzB, Torvix and mexi-cutioner should be pardoned by the board.
Maxy
mexi-cutioner was bullied into a banning. Yeah he rose to the provocation but it was always looking like being the end game in any case.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Aug 22 2011, 05:30 AM) *
mexi-cutioner was bullied into a banning. Yeah he rose to the provocation but it was always looking like being the end game in any case.

True.

The kid was a quality contributor. He could just be baited into delirium . . . I should know.
caneman
QUOTE (Maxy @ Aug 22 2011, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 22 2011, 07:38 AM) *
True.

The kid was a quality contributor. He could just be baited into delirium . . . I should know.

Yea he was and he was a good poster, I mean hell, CEO even called him a cuckhold for pete's sake!!!
Eighty88Eight
I'm relatively new here, I was drawn in by Ben Thompson's wonderful articles. It's nice to be able to speak ones thoughts about boxing occasionally. I don't have any friends that are boxing fans. What I don't understand is why the TC is just bitching about people who only want to talk about two fighters. No one is demanding you read what they have to say. Ignore it if it isn't anything of substance.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Aug 22 2011, 12:06 AM) *
I bumped into Lefthook a few years back on the boards over at Boxrec.

He PMed me out of the blue and was going by a different name....because I remember the email saying "hey BGv3.0 (I think that was my name there) it's me Lefthook".....

He then proceeded to tell me how he had been going through a lot of bad personal times right before he left this website. I apologized for the whole "Officer Hook" deal and we had a really pleasant back and forth.

Shortly after that I quit posting at Boxrec....he may still be there. Just start up a topic called "Standing in the rain screaming.....Lefthook, where are you???!!!!" lol

I always remember the dude being really cool...but then out of the blue while he was a mod just before he left, he started to go apeshit over tiny stuff and was like mad with power....which is why I started calling him Officer hook....it was really odd because the dude had always been really cool prior to that...but like I said, he had a lot of personal stuff going down at the time and his judgment was not too clear.

that being the case, I don't understand not ever coming back.

BG,

I got the same PM from Lefty!

Unfortunately, I did check over at BoxRec, and now it is not in my PM Inbox anymore. Sometimes, I will check out other boxing forums to communicate with other mods and admins to see what is working for them, and than consider what we might try over here. You know, as long as people are civil here, any newbies are welcome!

If you guys know or have heard from Lefthook, Southeast Paw, or Clark B, tell them that we are still here and everything. I should see if Ben can did into the database to find out their registered e-mail addresses. I can do most stuff. But he as the Owner can do more stuff.

Those three above were very cool!

Jack
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 22 2011, 07:29 AM) *
MarzB, Torvix and mexi-cutioner should be pardoned by the board.

agreed... all 3 where solid posters in my opinion... mexi is a friend of mine on facebook... talked to him right after his banning and i forget the specifics but he wasnt happy not to be able to post here... he felt it (his banning) was provoked if i remember correctly...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 22 2011, 07:38 AM) *
True.

laugh.gif Baited or dives head first yelling yippee ki-yay motherfuckers!" laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 22 2011, 03:00 PM) *
agreed... all 3 where solid posters in my opinion... mexi is a friend of mine on facebook... talked to him right after his banning and i forget the specifics but he wasnt happy not to be able to post here... he felt it (his banning) was provoked if i remember correctly...

And I think we sould have recent e-mail addresses for these guys. Bring 'em back.
STEVENSKI
Looks like this thread is working as the trolls appear to have dried up somewhat.

To the new quality posters I say welcome to the board.
BGv2.0
Just for the hell of it....I dusted off my old Boxrec account (can't believe I still remembered the right password)....to check on Lefthook....looks like his last post was in 2004!!!!!

No activity since then. dntknw.gif
Method
I'd be more concerned w guys like CEO, JD8 taking a walk.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 23 2011, 12:57 PM) *

+1
King Eugene
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 23 2011, 12:57 PM) *

Exactly!

Wouldn't mind Rusty, Johnny, and Kieth coming back as well.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 23 2011, 05:28 PM) *
+1

+2

And Snoop needs to get back from his Vicky Christina Barcelona tour trip quick.
Snoop
LMAO @ all the talk about mexi. Baited? Bullied? What is this high school? Like anyone here, dude had the free will to say/act in any way he chooses and from what I remember, at least with his little tiff with me, it all started off of a general comment I made about Pacquiao that he chose to respond and take personally. It was also HIS choice to go off on some crazy racist tirade, so him being bullied? Yeah, don't think so.

But with that being said, I never asked for him to be banned. I actually thought he gave good insight on the game and typed in a very readable manner. But if you're gonna dish out trash talk, be prepared to take it too, not go off on some whiny "the big boys picked on me" crap when things get rough.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 24 2011, 12:41 AM) *
+2

And Snoop needs to get back from his Vicky Christina Barcelona tour trip quick.

+3

Be back soon. Once I accomplish the goal of living my life as a famous Spanish artist that bangs two American chicks for months.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 25 2011, 01:00 PM) *
+3

Be back soon. Once I accomplish the goal of living my life as a famous Spanish artist that bangs two American chicks for months.

Snoop likes to go quite high-brow with his goals!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 26 2011, 12:00 AM) *
+3

It appears Snoop will never be coming back.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 25 2011, 08:00 AM) *
+3

i love that movie
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 25 2011, 09:58 PM) *
It appears Snoop will never be coming back.

Well, it was nice while it lasted fellas.
jlupi
Hawkins, Sharkey, and TKO11 would not come back unless we brought back the Classic Section just for them Quality posters who knew their boxing history, but their arrogance kept other people out of the Classic Section and the regular members did not like that. Ben kept telling them to chill out, they refused, so eventually they got banned. They did represent a great quality discussion, but their arrogance got to be a problem over an extended period of time. Their knowledge of boxing was a big plus. So they are kind of a middle of the road situation.>>>>

I liked that group. hawk actually just got himself "voted off" CBZ recently. sorry to see him go there also. you had to overlook the snottiness. he knows boxing history.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 23 2011, 11:57 AM) *

+4

We need em back.
Method
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Aug 26 2011, 10:52 AM) *
+4

We need em back.

Not likely.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (jlupi @ Aug 26 2011, 10:25 AM) *
Hawkins, Sharkey, and TKO11 would not come back unless we brought back the Classic Section just for them Quality posters who knew their boxing history, but their arrogance kept other people out of the Classic Section and the regular members did not like that. Ben kept telling them to chill out, they refused, so eventually they got banned. They did represent a great quality discussion, but their arrogance got to be a problem over an extended period of time. Their knowledge of boxing was a big plus. So they are kind of a middle of the road situation.>>>>

I liked that group. hawk actually just got himself "voted off" CBZ recently. sorry to see him go there also. you had to overlook the snottiness. he knows boxing history.

What did he do?
Method
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 26 2011, 02:53 PM) *
What did he do?

Hawkins knew half of what he projected to know.

That dude was a fucking TRIP.

Get his ass back.

I firmly beleive

That Manny's recent "Justin Bieber" haircut is the result of doing PED's.

I hope this theory of mine gains some momentum and is soon the talk around the water coolers.

I mean, what other reason would one wear their hair that way, UNLESS they were on PED's.

Can ANYONE here PROVE conclusively that the Justin Bieber Haircut of Manny's was NOT the result of Taking PED's?

Seriously folks.

Unless you have iron clad, hard and clear evidence to the contrary, then it is OBVIOUS, that those Bieber Locks of Manny's are 'Roid driven and induced.

Open your Eyes People.

The era of Noble athletes who wore Johnny U Haircuts is a thing of the past.

Just accept it.

Hawk

Your so full of self righteous crap Hawk which is the reason your the most unpopular guy on this board. There have been e petitions to get rid of you but for some reason Gor let's you continue.

It wasn't an analogy he flat out called peeps unAmerican for disagreeing with him he sounds more like McCarthy. How does this kind of really paranoid vicious accusations get justified on a boxing board. It was over the top @ you know it. you defending it proves your just as rigid @ McCarthyyesque as he is.

Bottom line is that both views on PAC have merit throwing nasty political right wing accusations around does not.

EMF

jlupi
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 26 2011, 02:53 PM) *
What did he do?

here I think he wouldn't let up when hype asked him to calm down over something someone said about farhood. sharky and tko just followed him i believe.

At CBZ just pissed off a lot of the "lesser" members if that makes any sense.
JLUVBABY
hawk seems cool... lol... i like his style.
Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah, I was asking what he did over at CBZ, but Meth has provided some examples. I guess I should have figured it out without the examples though. Same ol' Hawkins.
stateofthegame
I still come around at times reading things but to be honest I grew bored with boxing for the longest time and also I just have not had the time to do much in several years, but I am hoping to clear some time and start writing again soon. I always had a good time on the board and never really had a problem with anyone except for the created bots in the chat room. I do not know which website would have me write for them at this point, but if I can ever get a break I am going to give it another run.
AKay
Waddup State!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (AKay @ Aug 28 2011, 03:46 PM) *
Waddup State!

Sup Akay!!

Akay is back and in the house! How's it going?

Jack
AussieLad
FFS

Maybe its the several whiskeys i have ingested talking, but jesus christ Fighthype has become a really floyd nuthugging site. Not just the tools who post in the forum sucking mayweather jizz, but the site itself. The fucking King Mo articles where he laps up the mayweather milshakes really piss me off. Now i know most of the time its the result of a fan question to Mo, but the article headlines (always spruiking floyd, or shitting on manny) is pure fighthype.

But its not just the king mo question and answer sessions that have prompted this post.l Now we have articles with Daniel Cormiers view on drug testing... and the racial divide against black fighters with every other race in the world against floyd. Who gives a fuck what he thinks. Where is the article on his career, or upcoming bouts... no we only want to speak to him if he can comment on floyds drug testing policy...

God damn.

The two sites i posted on for close to a decade were this board, and the kostya tszyu forum. I stopped posting on the tszyu forum for a reason off the boxing topic. It was the result of some forum regulars shitting on defenceless boat people. And i realized i could no longer associate with these people because of their personal beliefs. Now i honestly am considering removing myself from this forum.

The site has become so far from impartial its a fucking joke. Who gives a fuck what cormier thinks on testing... Theres rarely, if ever, an article taking an opposing view to the mayweathers stance.

Now i know i dont post that often, and i am certainly not one of the most popular guys on this board, so i know when i leave i know no-one is going to miss me. But i just want to say that this site has lost its impartial status. The balance has gone. I find it sickening.

This is not a cry for attention. I dont expect to see "dont go aussie" posts, because i am not that important to the site. Never was, never will be. This is purely a statement as to why i am considering leaving. I love talking about boxing, but i can't take this shit anymore. Maybe i will continue posting here, maybe i won't, i am not sure. But its really is getting to be too much for me to tolerate anymore

Wishing everyone on this forum the best of luck. If i dont come back, thanks for the memories. friends.gif drinks.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 30 2011, 05:49 PM) *
FFS

Maybe its the several whiskeys i have ingested talking, but jesus christ Fighthype has become a really floyd nuthugging site. Not just the tools who post in the forum sucking mayweather jizz, but the site itself. The fucking King Mo articles where he laps up the mayweather milshakes really piss me off. Now i know most of the time its the result of a fan question to Mo, but the article headlines (always spruiking floyd, or shitting on manny) is pure fighthype.

But its not just the king mo question and answer sessions that have prompted this post.l Now we have articles with Daniel Cormiers view on drug testing... and the racial divide against black fighters with every other race in the world against floyd. Who gives a fuck what he thinks. Where is the article on his career, or upcoming bouts... no we only want to speak to him if he can comment on floyds drug testing policy...

God damn.

The two sites i posted on for close to a decade were this board, and the kostya tszyu forum. I stopped posting on the tszyu forum for a reason off the boxing topic. It was the result of some forum regulars shitting on defenceless boat people. And i realized i could no longer associate with these people because of their personal beliefs. Now i honestly am considering removing myself from this forum.

The site has become so far from impartial its a fucking joke. Who gives a fuck what cormier thinks on testing... Theres rarely, if ever, an article taking an opposing view to the mayweathers stance.

Now i know i dont post that often, and i am certainly not one of the most popular guys on this board, so i know when i leave i know no-one is going to miss me. But i just want to say that this site has lost its impartial status. The balance has gone. I find it sickening.

This is not a cry for attention. I dont expect to see "dont go aussie" posts, because i am not that important to the site. Never was, never will be. This is purely a statement as to why i am considering leaving. I love talking about boxing, but i can't take this shit anymore. Maybe i will continue posting here, maybe i won't, i am not sure. But its really is getting to be too much for me to tolerate anymore

Wishing everyone on this forum the best of luck. If i dont come back, thanks for the memories. friends.gif drinks.gif

I completely understand how you are feeling which is why I made this thread. If this is the direction the forum is taking I may well check out too although I have been a part of this community for 7 odd years so if I go it won't be in a hissy fit but with genuine disdain for how this forum has gone.

That said stick around mate as there are some good memebers here both old & new with a fair share of mentally inept beings as well.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 30 2011, 07:49 PM) *
FFS

God damn.

Mate I'll say it. Don't leave. We have lost so many quality posters lately it's scary. I think they have been cleaning up slightly in the last coupla weeks. Hopefully it will prevail but only if we don't continue to lose quality members.
Method
...anotha one bites the dust.

I loved the avatar Aussie.
jlupi
I feel you aussie. I dispise the juvenile fanboys that make up the new blood.

but the reality is that their aint much else going on. The sport is dying at least in the US.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.