Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guerrero vs Maidana is off
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EAlbian
Just read Robert Guerrero hurt his shoulder and pulled out of the fight, card is scraped. I was really looking forward to this fight
Cshel86
[video][/video]
HazConvictedFelonMane
Shit man! I was really looking forward to that fight. Damn it man!
daprofessor
shit happens.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 18 2011, 03:28 PM) *
shit happens.

True. Too bad it always happens with the fights that are worth watching...
daprofessor
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 18 2011, 03:33 PM) *
True. Too bad it always happens with the fights that are worth watching...

it'll be postponed. maybe one of those hbo ppv's now goes to regular hbo as a result of this one being cancelled? (wishful thinking.)
Imperius3
Damn! I really wanted to see this one! Maidana is probably pissed too since this was a great opportunity for him (although I think Guerrero would've won by decision). I tore my rotator cuff once, and I can tell you it sucks. Guerrero could be out for over 6 months depending on how severe his injury is.

A lot of disappointments so far. Khan-Judah was a huge letdown, and so was Mosley-Pacquiao. I won't even mention Mares-Agbeko. Hopefully things will get better.
caneman
That really sucks. I hope Robert recovers fast and well!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 18 2011, 03:35 PM) *
it'll be postponed. maybe one of those hbo ppv's now goes to regular hbo as a result of this one being cancelled? (wishful thinking.)

Yeah man, all we can do is suck this one up and hope for a reasonable rescheduled date. You know they aren't going miss out on that PPV money and move a fight to HBO, lol. I hate that you put that thought in my head now, lol.
zucrates
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 18 2011, 03:35 PM) *

I hope they still have a fight they need to find one of these fighters that can make 140 (Any Fighter that says fighters are dunking him) that are willing to jump in and fight no2.gif
mrchitown
That definitely sucks that the fight is off. I definitely felt it would've been a good scrap. Hopefully Maidana can continue to move forward and fight some of the other top guys @ 140. And hopefully Guerrero recovers soon and comes back @ 100%
Mean Mister Mustard
Sucks big time. Maybe Lamont Peterson could be brought in as a replacement.
and the NEW
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Aug 18 2011, 07:44 PM) *
Damn! I really wanted to see this one! Maidana is probably pissed too since this was a great opportunity for him (although I think Guerrero would've won by decision). I tore my rotator cuff once, and I can tell you it sucks. Guerrero could be out for over 6 months depending on how severe his injury is.

A lot of disappointments so far. Khan-Judah was a huge letdown, and so was Mosley-Pacquiao. I won't even mention Mares-Agbeko. Hopefully things will get better.

Like always, well said.
checkleft
This sucks I was going to go to this fight. I was really eager to see guerrero fight at this weight, he seemed to really be stepping it up.
caneman
Good news IMO, http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/8/20/23747...eer-threatening
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.