Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Would Any Sane Person Bet On Boxing At This Point?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Given the series of insults in the form of fights that the public has been served recently, why would anyone actually bet on fights at this time? You might just as well bet on the next big pro wrestling match.

One thing is certain , given the Nevada State Boxing Commission's response to the Agbeko v Mares travesty, not one more dime of my discretionary budgets will be spent on boxing or in the state of Nevada. The commission, Nevada governor, state senators, gaming commission, and Las Vegas mayor's office have been informed of my decision.

And I'm just getting warmed up.
JONdaCON817
No spending money in Vegas?!....
Somewhere on the strip a group of prostitutes juss killed themselves.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 19 2011, 09:35 AM) *

We are all prostitutes in one way or another. The good ones fuck back.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 19 2011, 12:35 PM) *

if they got with Al Haymon he could probably have them on some late night HBO flick.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 20 2011, 01:46 PM) *
We are all prostitutes in one way or another. The good ones fuck back.

Yes sensei.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 19 2011, 09:01 AM) *
Given the series of insults in the form of fights that the public has been served recently, why would anyone actually bet on fights at this time? You might just as well bet on the next big pro wrestling match.

One thing is certain , given the Nevada State Boxing Commission's response to the Agbeko v Mares travesty, not one more dime of my discretionary budgets will be spent on boxing or in the state of Nevada. The commission, Nevada governor, state senators, gaming commission, and Las Vegas mayor's office have been informed of my decision.

And I'm just getting warmed up.

Hey SB,

Can you copy/paste any e-mails you wrote about this? I am sure the community would love to read them!

Russell Mora I don't think will be getting any pats on the back anytime soon. (At least, not outside of Nevada! LOL!) I wonder if Agbeko could pursue additional options with his legal people to investigate the fight, Mora, and Golden Boy Promotions, for specifics if there was something bad about the fight going on, before opening bell?

Yes, Joseph is getting his rematch, but no matter what happens there, nothing can erase the stench of officiating from their first fight!

Jack
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 20 2011, 02:22 PM) *
Hey SB,

Can you copy/paste any e-mails you wrote about this? I am sure the community would love to read them!

Russell Mora I don't think will be getting any pats on the back anytime soon. (At least, not outside of Nevada! LOL!) I wonder if Agbeko could pursue additional options with his legal people to investigate the fight, Mora, and Golden Boy Promotions, for specifics if there was something bad about the fight going on, before opening bell?

Yes, Joseph is getting his rematch, but no matter what happens there, nothing can erase the stench of officiating from their first fight!

Jack

Hey Jack,

Can't really do that. The politicos I have been rattling have protocol on their sites that doesn't lend itself to copying.

I can tell you that my message has been consistent throughout; obvious shenanigans related to the Mares v Agbeko scrap that effected the outcome and thereby who won and lost on their legal bets. I also made it clear that as a result of the obvious corruption involved in the Nevada boxing and gaming industries that I would be exercising my options to spend my entertainment and business discretionary funds elsewhere from now on (maybe in places like Ensenada).

The fact is that I generally travel to Nevada for business and pleasure 3 times a year. That will no longer be the case.

Anyway Jack, I'm buzzed right now but I will give a better rundown in the next few days. I take my whole team to vegas once a year. That just changed. I'll take them to Mazatlan or Maui or wherethefuckever.

Fuck Vegas. Fuck the Nevada Boxing Gangsters. Fuck GBP.

Actions have consequences. Fucking with pricks like this keeps my blood pumping.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 20 2011, 09:41 PM) *
Hey Jack,

Can't really do that. The politicos I have been rattling have protocol on their sites that doesn't lend itself to copying.

I can tell you that my message has been consistent throughout; obvious shenanigans related to the Mares v Agbeko scrap that effected the outcome and thereby who won and lost on their legal bets. I also made it clear that as a result of the obvious corruption involved in the Nevada boxing and gaming industries that I would be exercising my options to spend my entertainment and business discretionary funds elsewhere from now on (maybe in places like Ensenada).

The fact is that I generally travel to Nevada for business and pleasure 3 times a year. That will no longer be the case.

Anyway Jack, I'm buzzed right now but I will give a better rundown in the next few days. I take my whole team to vegas once a year. That just changed. I'll take them to Mazatlan or Maui or wherethefuckever.

Fuck Vegas. Fuck the Nevada Boxing Gangsters. Fuck GBP.

Actions have consequences. Fucking with pricks like this keeps my blood pumping.

Good wiork SB! Thanks for respecting the copyright laws too, that's important. I believe you are doing all the right things!

Jack
daprofessor
i hear u. i find i enjoy fights more enjoyable when i don't have money riding on who will win. but that's just me.
JLUVBABY

more die hard fans need to step up and write these organizations and comisions when b.s takes place that is obvious... its one thing when a fight is close but it s another when the underdog fights his heart out only to watch the HOUSE fighter get the nod (thats hard for me to watch and except)... or in the case of agbeko and mares (rather you agree those punches where low or not or if you believe agbeko was holding mares head down causing the low blows) fact is the ref gave more than a fare share of warnings without ever deducting points.... these things are very bad for the sport and these are the things that turn the casual fan away from the sport and it seems to be getting worse here as of late...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 27 2011, 10:31 AM) *
I feel like a one man depth charge unit. If you don't stand for something . . .

i know the feeling... im not sure yo where posting when holyfield fought valuev... but i wrote the wba (mendoza) a long letter... posted it on here and the islander (on youtube) even made a vid on the letter i sent them.. but it cant be just a few hundred people.. the fight community has to stand up on b.s calls.. if that dont happen i guess you can say feel good for doing your part but its'll fall on deaf ears other wise... just saying...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.