Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tommy Hearns v Jullian Jackson v Gerald McLlellan
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EAlbian
Out of these three who do you guys regard as the hardest puncher? Best one punch power? Best finisher?

In their respective primes who wins?

food for thought: "Gerald McClellan is the most talented fighter I have ever worked with. And he had the ultimate chin... We had him sparring Tommy (Hearns) when he was just 16 because he was so assured.. Tommy caught him with stiff jabs giving him a bloody nose and was speaking into his ear.. the next thing we know Gerald threw off his headgear and was cussing as he charged at Tommy with straight rights and lefts, now Tommy is a survivor with an instinct so he threw his best right hand.. it was an awesome punch, the most awesome punches are unleased under pressure - Gerald walked straight through it!" -Emanuel Steward
Method
McClellan.
caneman
I am thinking Jackson but McLellan was a beast really so was Hearns...I say in the order listed!
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 19 2011, 04:59 PM) *
I am thinking Jackson but McLellan was a beast really so was Hearns...I say in the order listed!

Jackson v Hearns? McClellan v Hearns? who do you think would have won in their primes?

Physically I think that McClellan was the strongest. Hearns had that perfect snap on his right hand, the guy really perfected it. Jackson threw shots from his hip and could just devastate you.

I think Hearns had the know-how to beat the other two and had the best career by far but McClellan was relentless and could take a great shot and i think that's the key to beating Hearns.

I can see Tommy being able to catch Jackson(he was a sucker for the straight right) but i can also see Jackson getting in Hearns Kitchen during an exchange and turning those lights out.
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 19 2011, 05:22 PM) *
Jackson v Hearns? McClellan v Hearns? who do you think would have won in their primes?

Physically I think that McClellan was the strongest. Hearns had that perfect snap on his right hand, the guy really perfected it. Jackson threw shots from his hip and could just devastate you.

I think Hearns had the know-how to beat the other two and had the best career by far but McClellan was relentless and could take a great shot and i think that's the key to beating Hearns.

I can see Tommy being able to catch Jackson(he was a sucker for the straight right) but i can also see Jackson getting in Hearns Kitchen during an exchange and turning those lights out.

Tough to say I guess Hearns should beat them both but I could see both guys catching him and his legs giving out! They would have been some great fights honestly!
FinitoElDinamita
1. Jackson

2. G-man

3. Hearns

and it's not debatable..
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 19 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Tough to say I guess Hearns should beat them both but I could see both guys catching him and his legs giving out! They would have been some great fights honestly!

Jackson vs Hearns i think could have been better that Hagler v Hearns(I know this may be considered blasphemy) but i see it as a better version of Jackson v McClellan(great 5 rds) with better combos and less holding with somebody going to sleep before they hit the canvas.
EAlbian
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Aug 19 2011, 05:37 PM) *
1. Jackson

2. G-man

3. Hearns

and it's not debatable..

Oh yea?? haha, let me try. He hit McClellan with some bombs and yet he remained on his feet un-phased. G-Man had a higher KO%. Jackson threw round punches, harder to see coming, where McClellan's best was his straight. So it may appear that Jackson put more guys to sleep but when Gerald lowered the boom you went down. Just Playing a little devils advocate haha
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Hardest puncher? Right not who would beat whom?

I give it to McClellan. The guy just appeared to have heavy heavy heavy hands.
EAlbian
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 19 2011, 05:58 PM) *
Hardest puncher? Right not who would beat whom?

I give it to McClellan. The guy just appeared to have heavy heavy heavy hands.

I mean we saw McCellan vs Jackson 2x, i don't think it plays out any other way. Jackson vs Hearns and McClellan v Hearns tho are up for debate
bosco
I say they both destroy Jackson. Hearns was the master of setting up his right hand...he really set people up for it. The real debate is McClellan vs Hearns. Hearns was a better boxer but McClellan had much better legs but it all depends on how their styles match up with each others.
gravytrain
i think it's a toss up between Jackson and the G man.
SmartyBeardo
I am assuming that this question is referring to these fighters at 160. If that is true, i have to go with-

McLellan

Jackson

Hearns

As far as face to face fights go at 160, I have to go with-

McLellan

Hearns

Jackson
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.