Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dueling PPV's On September 17th?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
I just say that Max Boxing's schedule lists three fights, and two will be known PPV's:

On September 17th Mayweather vs. Ortiz as a PPV, which might also be closed circuit too, not sure.

Than we have what should be an HBO caliber fight in Alverez-Gomez as a PPV.

And than a fight that really only appeals to WBC President Jose Sulaiman, Chavez Jr. vs. Ronald Hearns with no TV broadcaster listed:

http://www.maxboxing.com/fight-schedule

Will the powers that be, choose to be fucking stupid enough to make Chavez Jr.-Hearns as a PPV too? Are the two known PPV's going to be a part of the same broadcast that night? Or separate prices for each?

Post with comments and updates. Thanks!

Jack
gravytrain
Alvarez is on the undercard but he's headlining at Staples center. it's part of the Mayweather PPV . there's going to be a live feed for Alvarez in Vegas and the Mayweather fight in the staples center. Alvarez will be having his own PPVs soon enough though, Schaefer talked about it before and it'll be within his next couple fights.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 20 2011, 02:56 PM) *
I just say that Max Boxing's schedule lists three fights, and two will be known PPV's:

On September 17th Mayweather vs. Ortiz as a PPV, which might also be closed circuit too, not sure.

Than we have what should be an HBO caliber fight in Alverez-Gomez as a PPV.

And than a fight that really only appeals to WBC President Jose Sulaiman, Chavez Jr. vs. Ronald Hearns with no TV broadcaster listed:

http://www.maxboxing.com/fight-schedule

Will the powers that be, choose to be fucking stupid enough to make Chavez Jr.-Hearns as a PPV too? Are the two known PPV's going to be a part of the same broadcast that night? Or separate prices for each?

Post with comments and updates. Thanks!

Jack

Doesn't matter to me. I won't be buying any of it.
Romulus9
The Alvarez fight is being broadcasted as part of the Mayweather-Ortiz PPV. Same 'event', different location. Split site deal that we've seen on HBO & Showtime in the past, just under the PPV banner.

No idea what they have in mind for Chavez Jr.-Hearns but if they opt for PPV, they're insane.

The SMART thing to do would be to move the Chavez Jr.-Hearns fight to Fox Sports Net on Friday night. Of course, that's never gonna happen. It makes too much damn sense.

JONdaCON817
i think lass i heard they werent even sure if the Hearns/Chavez was gonna happen. apparently theyve yet to recieve a contract for the fight... but theyde be delusional to make it a PPV. they could make it free and it wouldnt even get close to the #s May/Ortiz is gonna do.
HazConvictedFelonMane
There is no competition. Whoever put a card on PPV on that same night is an idiot. That PPV is going to tank. Mayweather-Ortiz is the only thing the world is paying attention to. I suggest that Chavez Jr. and Ronald Hearns push that fight back like a bad shape up. Pretty Boy Floyd and Young Ortiz are going to carry the night. Alvarez and Morales on the same card, Chavez is screwed. His fight's going to get 25 total buys.
thehype
Chavez Jr. vs. Hearns is happening, but Top Rank isn't involved with it. I don't think it's going to be a PPV, but even if it is, again, Top Rank has nothing to do with it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 20 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Chavez Jr. vs. Hearns is happening, but Top Rank isn't involved with it. I don't think it's going to be a PPV, but even if it is, again, Top Rank has nothing to do with it.

Why is Arum (or others) now throwing Junior under the bus? Ariza seemed pretty freaken fired up about it.
checkleft
Honestly I could care less what arum does with chavez. He and his handlers have shown no effort in actually testing the kid, or fighting top notch fighters. He's just getting milked like his dad right now
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 21 2011, 12:44 AM) *
Honestly I could care less what arum does with chavez. He and his handlers have shown no effort in actually testing the kid, or fighting top notch fighters. He's just getting milked like his dad right now

Yeah but because of his name the kid is a cash cow and I'm just wondering why Arum would suddenly throw him under the bus. Hearns is no world beater but they are giving him every chance to pull the upset.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 21 2011, 03:20 AM) *
Yeah but because of his name the kid is a cash cow and I'm just wondering why Arum would suddenly throw him under the bus. Hearns is no world beater but they are giving him every chance to pull the upset.

I think Dusty the Organ Grinder is getting irritable and senile as he dissolves before us, understandably.
jimmygootz
I haven't been this excited over a PPV card in a while; especially considering all the winners are pretty much set in stone.

Mayweather, Canelo, Morales is in a good fight

This night is all about pushing these top guys. They are all gonna face more pressure than they're used to seeing. Canelo is a kid I love to watch, and it seems like he's become more intelligent in that ring with every fight - not bad for a 21-year old kid. Everyone is poo-pooing his fight with Gomez (which I understand the point), but Gomez has looked very aggressive the last few years and his confidence is sky-high. He'll come out firing. It'll be interesting to see how far Canelo has come since Rhodes.

Let's not forget, he is still a few years away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.