Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Lemieux is back, training with Sergio Martinez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BlueMercury
SmartyBeardo
What he needs is a surgical arm extension. But, I wish him the best.
BlueMercury
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 20 2011, 10:23 PM) *
What he needs is a surgical arm extension. But, I wish him the best.

WTF!!! LOL !
lloyd mayflower
Why does he have his shirt off?

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 21 2011, 05:00 AM) *
Why does he have his shirt off?

That's what I was thinking. David just hangin in the street, shirtless shootin the shit.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 21 2011, 11:17 AM) *
That's what I was thinking. David just hangin in the street, shirtless shootin the shit.

Wonder if Sentral has seen it yet?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 21 2011, 06:41 AM) *
Wonder if Sentral has seen it yet?

It will be her? next screen saver laugh.gif
SENTRAL
I saw David was getting back into the swing of things a few days ago and I never bothered to post anything about it on here because I didn't fancy getting a bombardment of ridicule concerning my bold prediction that he would be the next big thing.  His defeat, the opponent it was against, and the manner in which it happened, was extremely disappointing to me.

He is far too young with too much potential to write off just yet though.  Yes he has a lot to learn.  He cannot just go wildly swinging for the fences, he needs to improve his stamina and he must work to the body far more efficiently.  He needs to work on his punch placement too because it was evident he had began to believe all he had to do was catch his opponent and they would fall.  It was either a career changing wake up call in which he will heed the advice from his team and re-emerge a changed fighter, or he was simply exposed as an exciting C level fighter who might cause the odd upset in the future due to his punching power.

I hope David has learned a valuable lesson and will come back a stronger better fighter.  Working with Martinez can only aid in his development.  I'd personally like to see him move down to 154 where I believe he is more suited but I don't know if that is impossible for him to do or not. 

It was mentioned after his defeat how a young heavy hitting fighter got beaten several years back, learned from his mistakes and came back to have an excellent career.   His name was Nigel Benn and no, I don't think the two are similar but it helps me live in hope and cling to a dream that David will become a world champion one day.  Remember he is only 22.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 21 2011, 12:20 PM) *
I saw David was getting back into the swing of things a few days ago and I never bothered to post anything about it on here because I didn't fancy getting a bombardment of ridicule concerning my bold prediction that he would be the next big thing.  His defeat, the opponent it was against, and the manner in which it happened, was extremely disappointing to me.

He is far too young with too much potential to write off just yet though.  Yes he has a lot to learn.  He cannot just go wildly swinging for the fences, he needs to improve his stamina and he must work to the body far more efficiently.  He needs to work on his punch placement too because it was evident he had began to believe all he had to do was catch his opponent and they would fall.  It was either a career changing wake up call in which he will heed the advice from his team and re-emerge a changed fighter, or he was simply exposed as an exciting C level fighter who might cause the odd upset in the future due to his punching power.

I hope David has learned a valuable lesson and will come back a stronger better fighter.  Working with Martinez can only aid in his development.  I'd personally like to see him move down to 154 where I believe he is more suited but I don't know if that is impossible for him to do or not. 

It was mentioned after his defeat how a young heavy hitting fighter got beaten several years back, learned from his mistakes and came back to have an excellent career.   His name was Nigel Benn and no, I don't think the two are similar but it helps me live in hope and cling to a dream that David will become a world champion one day.  Remember he is only 22.

Haha! a Far more thought out reply than I was expecting and quite frankly took the wind out my sails!

Well played.

However, im not sure how much good training with Sergio can be doing him, as I am sure he is turning up to work each day and getting dropped like a bag of hammers.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 21 2011, 06:26 AM) *
Haha! a Far more thought out reply than I was expecting and quite frankly took the wind out my sails!

Well played.

However, im not sure how much good training with Sergio can be doing him, as I am sure he is turning up to work each day and getting dropped like a bag of hammers.

Lloyd until David can get that arm extension operation I don't like his chances. If you're a smaller guy to get inside you need to be very elusive James Toney (younger days) kind of fighter. Is David gonna develop some defensive skills or is he purely offensive defense? As SENTRAL says he is only 22 and at least he's saying all the right things.

If you're gonna be a smaller guy in your division you have to develop a tight defense. People think of Tyson as a pure puncher but if you look at his early days he had a very tight defense. I'm not expecting Toney or Tyson type perfomances out of him but he has to get a little slicker if he's going to progress.

Getting beat up every day in the gym may be better for his long term development than just walking in there and being the beast. I guess with all the belts around these days it is not unfeasible that he will pick up a strap one day.
bosco
David Lemieux is gonna be champion. He just learned a valuable lesson. He was used to blowing guys away early and Rubio was smart. Rubio threw very little punches early in the fight and fought defensive to survive the early onslaught. He conserved his energy while Lemieux was expending his and once Lemieux slowed down he opened up. What Lemieux should have learned is if he's fighting a seasoned guy who knows how to survive and that is fighting defensive to just stay ahead of the guy and win rounds. Every fight isn't gonna be pretty. All Lemieux had to do was if Rubio was barely punching then he punch enough to win the rounds without wasting all his energy trying to overwhelm him. The good thing for Lemieux is he did't suffer a bad knockout. It wasn't one of those Roy Jones or Paul Williams type knockout. He was getting beat up and his corner stopped it before any real damage was done which was smart. I think Lemieux beats Alvarez if they fight in the future.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (bosco @ Aug 21 2011, 06:42 AM) *
David Lemieux is gonna be champion. He just learned a valuable lesson. He was used to blowing guys away early and Rubio was smart. Rubio threw very little punches early in the fight and fought defensive to survive the early onslaught. He conserved his energy while Lemieux was expending his and once Lemieux slowed down he opened up. What Lemieux should have learned is if he's fighting a seasoned guy who knows how to survive and that is fighting defensive to just stay ahead of the guy and win rounds. Every fight isn't gonna be pretty. All Lemieux had to do was if Rubio was barely punching then he punch enough to win the rounds without wasting all his energy trying to overwhelm him. The good thing for Lemieux is he did't suffer a bad knockout. It wasn't one of those Roy Jones or Paul Williams type knockout. He was getting beat up and his corner stopped it before any real damage was done which was smart. I think Lemieux beats Alvarez if they fight in the future.

Take a look at the sawed off white lawn ornament in King Eugene's latest thread, Prospect Jared Robinson, and you will see David's future against the top tier, IMO.

Best of luck to him though. Ollie's correct, given the plethora of belts, LePieux could end up with one. In this video he appears to be headed for a male underwear model career.
Mean Mister Mustard
Lemieux definitely needs to tighten up his defense. Maybe some more subtle head movement, and to be more economical with his punches, because whenever he fought unleashed on Rubio, he did as if he had the Mexican hurt.

I'd like to see him fight Angulo. That would be a war for as long as it lasts.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 21 2011, 11:44 AM) *
Take a look at the sawed off white lawn ornament in King Eugene's latest thread, Prospect Jared Robinson, and you will see David's future against the top tier, IMO.

Best of luck to him though. Ollie's correct, given the plethora of belts, LePieux could end up with one. In this video he appears to be headed for a male underwear model career.

in true boxing fashion this dude will fight some chumps then take on the weakest MW champ for his title.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 21 2011, 05:22 PM) *
in true boxing fashion this dude will fight some chumps then take on the weakest MW champ for his title.

You should think of becoming a promoter!
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 21 2011, 06:45 PM) *
You should think of becoming a promoter!

i'm looking for something else to get into so i'll keep that in mind. i would sign Lemieux just to ruin his career.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.